• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World in Conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hmm Tu-95 ill go with it as Bomber , Tu-160 is tempting but it cant be used as Paradrop plane till i wont have proper model for it. Research credit for Feanor :p

Could you find most important variations for BTR-80 and Humvee?
Currently i have only avenger hummve varioation. I plan to make Medic Humvee .
Are there such variatons for BTR-80? Advice me :p

There is the BMM-1/2/3 which are different medic variants of it. There is the BTR-80A which has a 30mm automatic cannon. I don't know of the Malyutka mounted variant that he refered to. I believe those were only mounted on BMPs. Which by the way I think is another needed unit for your map. The BMP-1/2/3 were the principal IFVs of the Soviet Army. The were tracked, had heavier armor and weapons then the BTR but moved slower.

Oh an also in terms of BTR variants we have the 23S2 Nona which is a 120mm mortar/howitzer mounted on the BTR-80 chassis. Gimme some time, I'm don't know Humvee variants off the top of my head.

EDIT: If you're going to make SAMs for the Soviet Army I recommend the OSA-AK, Buk-M1, Tunguska, and S-300 SAMs. Just keep in mind that for every SAM there was also a radar vehicle to guide the SAM, and for every several there were command post vehicles that coordinated their fire.

Ok for the Humvee we have TOW armed variants (an ATGM), the regular 50-cal, up-armored variants (to withstands IEDs), and medevac variants. And another thing. The airplane models you posted recently seem to have disappeared from the model list. Are you going to update them and re-release?

Last edited:
Level 20
27552.jpeg

Early Wip of BMP-2 just to bump this topic a bit.

General powers are almost ready , expect much improved version soon :p

Level 4
Not sure if this has been implimented(I'd beta test, but I'd sorta need another player, wouldn't I?)but...

Any word on the Soviet standard Mammoth Tank everyone knows and loves?

Level 9
game looks awsome, cant wait to play it :D

i also wanna use some of your models in my ww3 map which im gonna do a whole lot of work on...

oh and can i have an unprotected version of the map to learn your paradrop triggers? or can you just tell me how its done, thx.

Level 5
not russian tank, an american one. i saw it on the news lol, it had twin cannons!

An American tank with twin cannons? are you sure it wasn't a SPAAG? There are a few SPAAGs that have twin cannons, like the ZSU-57-2, or the Tunguska. But they're not tanks.

EDIT: Yes the Grad would be the Soviet equivalent of the M270 MLRS, and the M109 Paladin would be the American equivalent of the Soviet Msta.

Level 10
There's no point with dual cannons when the M1A1 SAVO round tears through armor like butter. The 120mm Main Battle Canon can tear through 10 feet of concrete and plus, the savo round can rip through all tanks including all T-80's and Challengers unique composite armor. Plus there's no need for two cannons when GPS/ autocomputing targeting systems are on board. The reason why in world war two they used multiple cannons on battle ships because of the improbability of hitting.

It's idealogical, but not practical and economical.

Level 3
I really love this man, you did remarkable job. I hope you will be adding more units for each time. Thought I only play the Russian team.

Level 5
There's no point with dual cannons when the M1A1 SAVO round tears through armor like butter. The 120mm Main Battle Canon can tear through 10 feet of concrete and plus, the savo round can rip through all tanks including all T-80's and Challengers unique composite armor. Plus there's no need for two cannons when GPS/ autocomputing targeting systems are on board. The reason why in world war two they used multiple cannons on battle ships because of the improbability of hitting.

It's idealogical, but not practical and economical.

SAVO? You mean Sabot?

EDIT: Also T-80's are somewhat outdated. Even the 80UM ones. The T-90 features new armor composition, and K-5 ERA. I'm not sure how well the DU-long rods would do against it. Theoretically K-5 has a 30% chance of stopping the long-rod entirely, and another 10% chance to flip the round sideways, making it harmless. That's beside the basic armor of the tank.

Level 4
I think you can add more units to make gameplay more intresting-
1. Paladin Mortar for Usa
2. Grad RLS for Russia
3. Transport Helicopters for Russia and Usa.
4. Engeener for Russia (can repair vencihes, create fire positions for infantry.
5. Medic for Usa, can heal infantry (very quick), can revive dead soldiers.
6. Ka-50 for Russia, Apache for Usa.
7. Infantry with flametrowers for Russia and Grenaders for Usa.
8. T-90 for Russia and Leclerc for Usa (French tank must be very powerful)
And I hope you must balance m1Abrams with T-80.
This is all....

Level 5
I think you can add more units to make gameplay more intresting-
1. Paladin Mortar for Usa
- It's not a mortar. It's a heavy self-propelled howitzer. The heaviest artillery the USA Army uses.

2. Grad RLS for Russia
- An RLS is a Radio-Locating Station. The Grad is an MLRS, Multi-Launcher Rocket System.

3. Transport Helicopters for Russia and Usa.
- CH-47 Chinook for US and Mi-26 for Russia.

5. Medic for Usa, can heal infantry (very quick), can revive dead soldiers.
- reviving the dead is ridiculous.

6. Ka-50 for Russia, Apache for Usa.
Is there a need for a dedicated tank-hunting helicopter? Can't the current ingame helis just be buffed against armor?

8. T-90 for Russia and Leclerc for Usa (French tank must be very powerful)
- Absolutely not. The T-90 is a post-Soviet tank. What I would recommend is leaving the T-80UM on par with the M1A1, and strengthening both. Then adding an M60A3 and a T-72BV for USA and USSR respectively. They would have the old stats of the T-80UM and M1A1.

Level 3
- It's not a mortar. It's a heavy self-propelled howitzer. The heaviest artillery the USA Army uses.

- An RLS is a Radio-Locating Station. The Grad is an MLRS, Multi-Launcher Rocket System.

- CH-47 Chinook for US and Mi-26 for Russia.

- reviving the dead is ridiculous.

Is there a need for a dedicated tank-hunting helicopter? Can't the current ingame helis just be buffed against armor?

- Absolutely not. The T-90 is a post-Soviet tank. What I would recommend is leaving the T-80UM on par with the M1A1, and strengthening both. Then adding an M60A3 and a T-72BV for USA and USSR respectively. They would have the old stats of the T-80UM and M1A1.

6. Ka-50 is not an tank hunter? It may be used for that role but not just a tank hunter. Its air to air laser guided missiles and also used for multi roles for Russian special forces. Also that post soviet invention so should not be in the game.

Level 5
6. Ka-50 is not an tank hunter? It may be used for that role but not just a tank hunter. Its air to air laser guided missiles and also used for multi roles for Russian special forces. Also that post soviet invention so should not be in the game.

It's CAS(Close Air Support). In a modern environment that means primarily tank hunting. Currently the variant in service are used with the Spetznaz units and have been redesigned to work as multi-role platforms.

Level 20
I finished the Tactical Nuke ability today :p I had to resize and edit your effect a bit , i hope you are not angry WILL ^^

Yes, fighters have circling maneuvers , but they are controled by comp and called only by ''Sky Control'' ability. I havent managed yet to create such system where they are controled by player. I hope it will be done during the development.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/maps/6070/

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 1,364
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 286
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 350
Last edited:
Level 20
It will be done but i need time to make those models :p

I was doing some research and noticed that T80 and T72 looks almost the same , Feanor will it work if i edited the T-80 model removing attachments nad gas turbine from Turret and adding some reactive armor sheets on the front of tank?

EDIT:
Fast wip of T-72
Ofc much work need to be done including UVW unwarp.
29207.jpeg

Last edited:
Level 5
They are similar yes. But I would definetly put ERA bricks on it. The BV variant is ideal. Oh and notice the dish by the main gun? I'm actually not sure what it is, but it's very characteristic of the tank. Can you add it to the model?

T-72BV_Maroc_02.jpg

imgres

t72b3wr.jpg

Level 5
The reactive armor can be an upgrade for both the T-80U and the T-72. And you could add one for the M60 and M1.

T-80BV with reactive armor upgrade.

t80bvjw_3.jpg

t80bvjw_8.jpg

M60 Patton regular.

M60A3.jpg

M60A1 with reactive armor.

M60A1.jpg

M1A2 TUSK reactive armor and slat armor upgrade.

OCPA-2005-03-09-165522.jpg

Level 9
did you know if the abrams is attacked from certain angles, it has a chance to direct the blast from anything through a hole in it? and it shoots upwards protecting the crew? maybe a trigger could like, spawn 1-4 infantry at the location of a dead abrams, but they have like 10-50% health, or give the abrams a spell or soemthing, idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.