• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WIP's and stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
So, here I'm showing some things related to this site.

Here's a new model I've been working on. But It's taken more than I expected because of time. so I'm open to suggestions (I know there's a lot to improve here so please consider that :D)
WIP1.png

Feel free to write your suggestions and constructive critics about new or old stuff.

Level 30

Here's a new model I've been working on. But It's taken more than I expected because of time. so I'm open to suggestions (I know there's a lot to improve here so please consider that :D)

Feel free to write your suggestions and constructive critics about new or old stuff.

Hmmm.... Sargeras. Nice Choice.

Level 50

Nice to see you opened a thread od your wips. :D
About the model it's coming along nicely. Pretty cool usage of textures. Just try to do something with his beard and hair. It looks somehow wierd because of the texture end parts. But that will not be visible in game so it's not a big deal.
What's the texture on his horns? :D

Level 23
Hmmm.... Sargeras. Nice Choice
It's my 5th version of Sargeras :D

Nice to see you opened a thread od your wips. :D
About the model it's coming along nicely. Pretty cool usage of textures. Just try to do something with his beard and hair. It looks somehow wierd because of the texture end parts. But that will not be visible in game so it's not a big deal.
What's the texture on his horns? :D
Thank you Stefan. Well the hair and beard are using texture animation and particle effects.
The horns are from Diablo texture.

Level 39
Ahh, sweet sweet work! It's about time we got a bearded Sargeras. I've been working on one myself for a long time, but other models always seem to get in the way.

Well the hair and beard are using texture animation and particle effects.

Can't wait to see how that turns out! I was playing around with something similar myself.

Keep the WIPs coming! :D

Level 39
I'd love to see your version of Sargeras!

Another WIP

ezgif-5-66a05447c5.gif

I'm adding glowing runes and changing the shape of the hair to look better.

Man that looks so cool! Great work! How did you manage to get the animated textures working with transparency? For the beard I mean. I fiddled with that myself but I could never get it to work. How is your material set up?

Level 23
How did you manage to get the animated textures working with transparency? For the beard I mean. I fiddled with that myself but I could never get it to work. How is your material set up?
Thanks man.
Well, the material has two textures. The first one is static, set to transparent. The second one is animated, and it's set to add alpha.

Level 39
Thanks man.
Well, the material has two textures. The first one is static, set to transparent. The second one is animated, and it's set to add alpha.

Ah, so does the second one have the same alpha map as the first one? Because when I do it like that the second one is just added on top of the transparent texture. I'm trying to limit the animated texture to the transparency of the static one. Not sure if this is possible, but it looks like that's what you did. I just can't seem to get it to work.

Level 23
Ah, so does the second one have the same alpha map as the first one? Because when I do it like that the second one is just added on top of the transparent texture. I'm trying to limit the animated texture to the transparency of the static one. Not sure if this is possible, but it looks like that's what you did. I just can't seem to get it to work.
well, yes. the second one is on top of the transparent texture. however It's not limited to the transparency, You can see that on the top part of the hair. I'd say it's some kind of optical illusion. And it gets even better with particle effects.

Level 39
well, yes. the second one is on top of the transparent texture. however It's not limited to the transparency, You can see that on the top part of the hair. I'd say it's some kind of optical illusion. And it gets even better with particle effects.

Oh yeah, I see that. But on the bottom part of the beard it looks like the animated texture is limited to the transparency. It doesn't extend beyond the tips of the beard. I was just wondering how you achieved that effect.

Level 23
Oh yeah, I see that. But on the bottom part of the beard it looks like the animated texture is limited to the transparency. It doesn't extend beyond the tips of the beard. I was just wondering how you achieved that effect.
Yes, as I told you before. It's just some kind of optical illusion because of the color
ezgif-5-66eddedb64.gif

Level 23
What animations are you gonna use for the model?
Well, I didn't decide it yet. I've been thinking of making a mix of wc3 eredar's standard animations with, maybe, dreadlord's or demon hunter's demon form. Anyway I'm making a version for my own usage with a mix of wow animations.
I have a doubt ... Will you put the same wings as the unpublished model of Sargeras (Which I think are the same as the unpublished model of Mannoroth)?
Oh you're a very good observant. Yes, indeed, Sargeras' wings are the same as Mannoroth's.
However for this model I'll recycle the mesh of my dreadlord's wings (with some modifications) and the reason is because mannoroth's wings have much more polygons than dreadlord's. And I think this model has already enough polygons.

Level 8
you can animate him just as stefan.k's kil'jaeden...dreadlord animations fit him very good...in tomb of sargeras raid kil'jaeden uses that kind of animations anyway (spells like felclaws and such..) but you could add flying as a plus:D

Level 12
Are you planning to release this version of Kil'Jaeden with WoW anims to the public as well? It'd be pretty awesome to lay hands on that one.

And of course, keep up the amazing work!

Level 11
You know what. I dropped my pen when I see your works. So much interesting! I've taken interest in Demons for some years (ever since I've read Wayne Barlowe's Gods Demon, you should check his artwork) and I think I might make an adaptation on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.