• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Dark Effigy - My newest WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So I might be kind of new here, so I thought i'd really start things off with a little progress. At the bottom of my post, there is a picture showing my new Grom Hellscream skin, the Dark Effigy, which I would really love to improve on, though I'm not sure where to begin, which is where you all at the Hive come in.

Any and all constructive criticism is welcomed, and all suggestions will be considered, thank you for your time!

Attachments

• Dark_Effigy_WIP.PNG
    Dark_Effigy_WIP.PNG
    244.5 KB · Views: 191
Level 38
You could definitely add more shading to it, right now it seems really flat. Most of Blizzard's skins look fine with lighting disabled or in any lighting environment, but this skin would look like a block of essentially the same tone. Some of the details are a little blurry, but there defined were it counts, the parts of the skin that are visible in the portrait. You could make some of the details on the skin a little more well-defined, but that will mostly only be noticeable to people critiquing your skin, in game the details are really defined enough to work out. But ya, the underwear does look odd in the front :/

basically loads of shading is how you could improve on this skin, your getting the right idea on the metallic parts, but even those could stand to have twice as much contrast :)

Level 3
Here's a quick update, I've decided to redo a few key parts, while maintaining his original appearance.

Attachments

• WIP1.PNG
    WIP1.PNG
    89.1 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Level 3
I was originally going for stone and other low shine materials for his upper body, but if you insist, i've done a little work on the shoulderpad.

Attachments

• WIP2.PNG
    WIP2.PNG
    183.9 KB · Views: 133
Level 3
Sorry for the double-post.

I'm very sure that this may be my final update on this skin, depending on the responses I get from this new version of the Dark Effigy.

Again, i'm sorry for the double-post, but I just wanted to make sure that my update didn't go un-noticed, as I really wish I can get a few good reviews on this skin before I submit it.

Attachments

• Dark_Effigy2.PNG
    Dark_Effigy2.PNG
    245 KB · Views: 139
Status
Not open for further replies.