• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gallery of mixed stuff and WIPs (not warcraft related)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDR

TDR

Level 18
Yeah, I thought I'd share with you some of my stuff. Finished along WIP. It's always nice to see fresh views and different opinions about your work. As I see there's a lot of people here that doesn't frequent wc3c, this is a good source for fresh eyes. So yeah, here they come.

The first 2 things are some abstract stuff that I entered the nVidia and CGtalk challenge "Amazing creations" with.
Next there's a jellyfish thing I made for no apparent reason.
After that there's a sword I made for Oblivion that I ain't going to finish. Just wanted to see if I can get a weapon working fine in the game.
Then there's this thing that looks an awful lot like a penis. Still working on that, it wasn't it's original purpose to be in that still. I'm working with it along with a buddy of mine (he's with the concept, I'm with modeling) and we're planing on making a short animation with it.

Now for the work in progress stuff

First thing was the first version of that phallic creature (his name is Dependel, by the way).
Next there's Dependel in it's current state.
After that there's some sort of cannon I was working on for a while. Will going to finish it, nonetheless.
Then there's this retarded fellow I made quickly to test making creatures for Oblivion. It's a real pain to get them in-game working properly. This is the mesh imported just as as tatic, so I can see how it looks in-game while I'm working on it.

Now for some low poly shit. They're pretty self-explanatory I guess. I limited myself to 128 polygons and 128x128px texture maps. Exceptions were made with the sword and the alien, where I used 512x512 textures 'cause the normals maps looked like shit at 128.

Yeah, that's about it for now, I guess. More to come as I'm working on stuff.

Attachments

• nevart_small.jpg
    nevart_small.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 759
  • meduza_02.jpg
    meduza_02.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 713
  • meduza_01.jpg
    meduza_01.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 666
  • nvart_final_small.jpg
    nvart_final_small.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 752
  • sword_ingame_01.jpg
    sword_ingame_01.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 709
  • sword_ingame_02.jpg
    sword_ingame_02.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 444
  • Final.jpg
    Final.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 513
  • mutzunache_wip_material.jpg
    mutzunache_wip_material.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 406
  • mutzunache_wip_5.jpg
    mutzunache_wip_5.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 327
  • dependel_wip_9.jpg
    dependel_wip_9.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 359
  • railgun_wip_8.jpg
    railgun_wip_8.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 326
  • railgun_roll.gif
    railgun_roll.gif
    404.3 KB · Views: 406
  • zuzubuzu_oblivion_YES_01.jpg
    zuzubuzu_oblivion_YES_01.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 551
  • zuzubuzu_oblivion_YES_02.jpg
    zuzubuzu_oblivion_YES_02.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 454
  • gaina cuib.jpg
    gaina cuib.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 327
  • goldfish.jpg
    goldfish.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 347
  • sabiuta_da.jpg
    sabiuta_da.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 400
  • porcul_iadului.jpg
    porcul_iadului.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 382
  • mamut.jpg
    mamut.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 377
  • mummy.jpg
    mummy.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 367
  • scandura.jpg
    scandura.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 309
  • curpapir.jpg
    curpapir.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 269
  • bila rosie.jpg
    bila rosie.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 324
  • minge.jpg
    minge.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 298
  • extraterestru_1.jpg
    extraterestru_1.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 315
  • normalstest_cap.jpg
    normalstest_cap.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 327

TDR

TDR

Level 18
thanks everyone.
aye, I recently got into modding oblivion. Trust me, it's not hard making the models, it's harder to get them in the game since there are no official tools. Well, static objects are not really hard but creatures are a big pain and so far none of my creature tests succeeded...but I'm getting there.
Oh, and it's actually "săbiuţă", which is the diminutive form of "sabie" (sword) :p.

TDR

TDR

Level 18
hey, time for an update! This is very fresh stuff, just finished it. They were made for a very best friend of mine for some projects he had to do for university, a perfume bottle and a chair. The perfume bottle was designed by him, and modeled and rendered by me. The chair was designed and modeled by him, and tweaked and rendered by me. The chair render is the biggest render I have ever done, it's made to be printed on an A2 format at 300dpi so it's 4961x7016 pixels. It's so big my computer couldn't even handle rendering it at one time, I had to divide it into 4 2480x3508 renders and stitch them afterwards. I attached a full res detail of the bigass one.

Attachments

• sticla_parfum_final_web.jpg
    sticla_parfum_final_web.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 176
  • detaliu.jpg
    detaliu.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 206
  • scaun_A2_preview_04.jpg
    scaun_A2_preview_04.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 174
  • sticla_parfum_final_04_web.jpg
    sticla_parfum_final_04_web.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 215

TDR

TDR

Level 18
thanks man.
Here's a wip of the HoM&M3 behemoth...I just wanted to make it for a very long time, for no practical reason.

Oh, and speaking of heroes 3, here's my attempts to mod it :D. It's pretty tricky to mod, but it's possible. And if this isn't the most retarded heroes 3 modding you've ever seen, I don't know what is.

Attachments

• behemoth_wip_01.jpg
    behemoth_wip_01.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 200
  • behemoth_wip_02.jpg
    behemoth_wip_02.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 210
  • extraterestru_heroes3.jpg
    extraterestru_heroes3.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 257
  • extraterestru_advmap.jpg
    extraterestru_advmap.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 239
  • extraterestrU_battle.jpg
    extraterestrU_battle.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 282
  • supercastle.jpg
    supercastle.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 340
Last edited:

TDR

TDR

Level 18
I decided to make a high poly model out of that big dude I initially made for the modeling competition but dropped out. I started working on the face first. First image is what I started from and the rest where I'm at (still some things left to tweak and I have to make the ear sometime soon).
big_dude_wip_03.jpg

big_dude_wip_01_wire.jpg

big_dude_wip_01.jpg

big_dude_wip_02.jpg

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

How do you make something like that? Do you subdivide and then move verts around one at a time?

TDR

TDR

Level 18
I don't use the shitty brush thing, I do actually move verts one at a time. After I have enough laid out I go in with soft sellection.
Nose and lips are there to stay. I'd rather have him look like michael jackson than an old teethless lady. :p

And hey, look who's going into Heroes 3:
shadow_efreet_heroes3_draft_present.jpg

TDR

TDR

Level 18
I thought you to be cleverer than that, TDR. If you use Zbrush you could have reached to better results with less effort and time.

I absolutely HATE using ZBrush from the start and I have a bad impression for people who do so. It's because just about anyone can use ZBrush or Mudbox to make something look good. In other words, I find it way too easy (may sound a bit cocky, but that's how I feel about it). It takes much more skill to make things the old school way and it's also more rewarding for me. I'm not implying that I'm a big shot or something, but I hope one day I'll be good enough to make good looking things without sculpting.

I only like ZBrush for making extreme details that are nearly impossible to make with Max and for texture painting. So call me crazy, expired, old fart or anything, I know this ain't the best opinion, but that's how I feel about this. Sure, Zbrush is an amazing application and it sure speeds things up considerably, but I just don't like depending on it.

Level 21
GIEF ME UR MOEDLZ N TEXTRZ SKILZ PL0X!

Anyway, the brush in Max sucks. TDR, the whole point of ZBrush and Mudbox is to make things much easier xD Even though it might be cheap-shot or whatever, it's still effective in the right hands. I still think actual modeling is more fun, though. I suck at ZBrush xD

Last edited:

TDR

TDR

Level 18
ya man, I know Z makes things much easier and I said that's what bothers me most. I mean, it's like chosing fast-food instead of cooking your own food. You have much more satisfaction eating stuff made by yourself. Fast-food makes you fat. Eh? Yeah.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Vert by vert must be a tiresome process. What does soft selection do?

TDR

TDR

Level 18
...If you would only check "soft selection" and see what it does for yourself, you wouldn't have asked this. It's nothing complicated, but usefull as hell.

I finished the efreet for Heroes3, it's perfectly functional in-game:
final_preview.gif

darknessEfreet_ingame.jpg

darknessEfreet_advmap.jpg

If you still have heroes 3 installed, if you like this model, and if you know how to get it in the game I can give it to you.

I started working on another heroes3 creature today. This is the concept sketch:

acolyte.jpg

And what I've done so far:
acolyte_wip.jpg

I really like working with each vertex individually like that, the old school way. It's strangely relaxing for me.

TDR

TDR

Level 18
Yes, you make a model and render each frame individually and then make a special type of file from them that Heroes3 can use, which has the .def extension (just like wc3 has .mdx model files). The frames in that def must be in a certain order so the game knows where to get each animation from. The frames must be 8 bit indexed color BMP, with the first 10 colors of the color table fixed (those colors include the transparency, team color etc.). It's not that hard to make, but it's a tedious process.

Level 12
Hm TDRus, how does that particluar death animation work? I once made something look like it dispersed in particles with an animated opacity map etc, but it only looked good aslong as you couldn't "see above the opacity edge", else you saw that it had no volume. How does your thing here work? :? :3

Status
Not open for further replies.