• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wintercore HD 2.71

WHD-Forum-Map-Title.png

SHD-Forum-Commands.png
SHD-Forum-Features.png
SHD-Forum-Heroes.png

Choose from 44 very unique heroes to defend against 60 epic waves of enemies.

Learn skills like Weaponcraft, Powercraft, Spellcraft, Capitalism and Wisdom.

Type "-random" to pick random heroes including the secret hero.
"-cam (number)" to change to a further camera view.
"-Kills" show kill count
"-count" to show number of enemies.
"-rate" to show exp rate of all players.
"-ms" to show movement speed.
"-size" to make enemies grow 2x .
"-boom" to see for yourself.
"-t" to teleport back to the castle.
"-nw (show/hide)" to show or hide Net Worth leaderboard that is added on version 2.65

For Weather commands:
-weather snow, -weather rain, -weather wind, weather moonlight, -weather off

Hints:
- (enable/disable hints) ; which will give hints randomly every minute. Disabled by default.

For Player 1 exclusive commands only:
"-kick (player number)" --- to kick a player
"-give gold/wood (value) (Player color) --- to give/reduce gold

-This map can play up to 6 players
-Some Heroes are Extremely Unique
-Highly Replayable
-The castle can be upgraded with a key which cost 80 Diamonds
-There are over hundreds of Items to purchase
-Has 5 difficulties to choose from (The Nightmare and Abyssal have those burning super-powered variants.)
-95% Custom Spells (triggered)
-Has secret events that gives extremely powerful items

- You can see your team's net worth so you can help those who are left behind and make the game enjoyable for everyone
-You can manipulate wave spawn number (Player 1 only)
-You can also manipulate pre-wave timer (Player 1 only)
-Each hero has its own background story.

Systems:
-Has Advanced multiboard to see all the details needed for the map
-Has Advanced Recipe System for smooth experience.
-Has Leaderboards to show your team's Net Worth
-Has "Summoned Heroes" that can scale their stats infinitely based on the player's crafts.
-Has different types of enemies. Normal (1x reward), Strong (Spawns only half and 2x reward), Elite (There are only 4 per wave and has 5x rewards)

You can access the unprotected version of the map (can be found in author's note)
But the map link in hive is protected.

Hero Tower: This tower can level up and use items.
Diamond: Is a currency that is equivalent to 10000 golds.
Weather System: This system gives players commands to weathers (see commands at top)

Omega spell: each hero can learn his strongest spell, to learn it the hero has to reach level 30 and defeat the omega boss, paying 15000 gold to challenge him in the arena (Shop north-west corner)

CRAFTS: there are 5 crafts that you can increase with certain items or by leveling

->Weaponcraft (only for weaponcraft heroes): the more weaponcraft you have, the more damage your abilities do, and generally improve your abilities. Weaponcraft increases your strength by 1 for each 100% after each wave.

->Powercraft (only for powercraft heroes): the more powercraft you have, the more damage your spells do or just generally improve your spells. Powercraft increases your agility by 1 for each 100% after each wave.

->Spellcraft (only for spellcraft heroes): the more spellcraft you have, the more damage your spells do, the longer your summons last, or just in general improve your spells. Spellcraft increases your intelligence by 1 for each 100% after each wave.

->Capitalism gives you bonus gold after each wave, amount increases per wave, the more capitalism you have, the more gold you receive. Effects abilities for certain heroes.

->Wisdom gives you bonus exp after each wave, amount increases per wave, the more wisdom you have, the more experience you receive. Effects abilities for certain heroes. Effects abilities for certain heroes.

Personal Items: Each hero has a personal item that he/she can unlock; you need to get the item Personal Item unlocker and you will kill 100 units to unlock the personal item.

- You can challenge 3 bosses: Fire Master, Plague King and Grand lich to gain diamonds. But there is 1 more boss.. Nah.. it's up to you to find him.

- If you are upto the challenge, you can farm gold and exp fighing endlessly spawning enemies. You just have to be careful of the Big One.
]

To see the list of Heroes please push the pastebin link below:
Wintercore HD Heroes

SHD-Forum-Information.png
SHD-Forum-Changes.png

SHD-New-Full-Map.png

SHD-New-Fire-Master.png

New-Warlock-Shop-Area.png

full

To see the Changelogs please push the pastebin link below:
Wintercore HD Changelogs

SHD-Forum-Credits.png
SHD-Forum-Notes.png

Special Thanks:

• skamigo (The original creator of this map)
  • Blizzard Entertainment (For the game)

• Vinz
  • Kwaliti
  • shamanyouranus
  • Sellenisko
  • alfredx_sotn
  • General Frank
  • RED BARON
  • Mr. Bob
  • Frankster
  • DarkHunter1357
  • RED BARON
  • WILL THE ALMIGHTY
  • Pyramidhe@d
  • DonDustin
  • Tarrasque
  • sPy
  • Ampharos_222
  • UgoUgo
  • Callahan
  • Tranquil
  • Happy Tauren
  • Thrikodius
  • expresso
  • Turiel
  • Hate
  • nGy
  • HammerFist132
  • Pyritie
  • Blackdoom
  • JetFangInferno
  • stan0033

• Kwaliti
  • skizzik
  • -BerZeKer-

• Kwaliti
  • shamanyouranus
  • FrostTorture
  • CRAZYRUSSIAN
  • Golden-Drake
  • Peekay
  • Frankster
  • ike-ike
  • Golden-Drake
  • Akolyt0r
  • Darkfang
  • The_Silent
  • Cloudwolf
  • Peekay
  • Infinitynexus
  • Anachron
  • Nudl9
  • prizraknadache
  • Mr.Goblin
  • kola

• Knno
  • Squiggy
  • Klingo
  • Mage goo
  • Tank-Commander
  • Tiche3
  • Maker
  • baassee
  • Paladon
  • Cryophoenix
  • Rmx
  • X-OMG-X
  • JeffreyQ
  • Nolyp (for item description)

• Vengeancekael (For Moderation)
  • Hell_Master (For Re-Moderation)
  • Naman
  • Maniawar3
  • 13lackace
  • orchius
  • Lordjoker
  • trolly056
  • NightAngelz
  • rrfvtgb
  • sheep
  • melnikas
  • HayateRein
  • ravewarheit
  • Oldmilk
  • JBB
  • LeonXardo66
  • TLI-Inferno
  • Fischiblub
  • Crett
  • Neecrom

This map is based from the original version 1.31 by Skamigo. I improved it very well to make it better by focusing on the gameplay. As of version 2.62, I renamed the map to Wintercore HD because it's not just his map now but ours and it can continue motivate me to continue the map.

Anyone can download the unprotected version of the map. You can edit, modify it or learn from it. (Note: Loading time is horribly slow that takes a minute <Makes it eat my time developing the map>). The Unprotected version of the file is always attached to my latest comments when a version releases.

There will be a time when I will stop releasing updates for a while as to do other important things in life. When that comes I will return someday and add some things that I have learned.

Keywords:
Blue, Castle, Recommended, Ice, Winter, Frost, Skamigo's Hero Defense, Defense, Castle Defense, The Great Hero Defense, Siege, Survival, Bluegreen891, Wintercore HD
Contents

Wintercore HD 2.71 (Map)

Reviews
Date: 2011/Oct/02 09:50:07 Vengeancekael: VM // PM: Status: Approved Rating: 3/5 Acceptable Rep Received: 2Reasons: Missing custom preview image: To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128 using gimp and save it as .tga...
Level 3
the tower exploit can be ccountered by killing all non-hero units in the boss room where a boss died

this will also fix a problem with the 2nd boss.. ppl can kill hte boss but will be killed by the ghouls.. the ghouls will stay and may kill the player again before even scratching the boss

that one trigger will fix that.. and will remove the exploit
the towers count as non-hero units
so do the ghouls
the boss doesnt and the hero doesnt (both heroes obviously)
so if the boss dies.. move the hero to castle and kill all non-hero units
the result will be an empty boss room with a respawning boss

also for the duration.. if you use my suggestion with the 50% spellcraft then the duration will reach 90 sec once the tower engineer got 1500% spellcraft which will happen pretty late...

btw what about my idea with the dark knight (unholy strength)? unholy strength is too strong at the beginning and too weak at the end.. make it scale with level? (like necklace?)

Level 4
For the tower engineer, the things that the tower itself kills doesn't give the engineer exp. Thats a problem isn't it?

Level 3
There's a Gameplay constant called "Hero XP - Building Kills Grant XP" which is default false
setting it to true should enable xp gain from tower kills

Level 9
Well it seems that it worked!!!
I thought that this constant works when a hero kills a building
now I feel a bit stupid for not noticing
Anyway, Thanks for it!

Also I will update the map sooner as I noticed a bug on the horse not being able to buy an item and this exp bug.

Level 3
just wanted to mention the problem with the horse.. didnt think about the fact that the shop items are powerups which enables the "crafting even with a full inventory"-effect

Level 3
ok... im sorry for the doublepost now.. but srsly.. you should work on the omega boss
ppl kill the omega boss.. get instantly moved out of the area and cant pick up the item
you could change the trigger so the player will get the item moved into the inventory instead.. or make it add the ability once the omega boss got killed by the hero or let the item drop at the point the hero gets moved to... otherwise ppl spend 30k gold for the omega skill and even risk that someone else takes the chance to steal the item dropped from your kill attempt

Level 2
I tryed it too with a friend, the omega boss need to be reworked, and also, I may got a replay where my friend has reach a negative wisdom (correct name ?), I don't know how it's happenned but it was really weird. Also, the trader necklace don't seem to stack

Level 3
A few bugs i forgot to mention (wasnt fixed at 2.29)
You can enter the boss room right after the boss is dead, and blink to boss room beside it (panda to pudge, pudge to lich), and even blink to taverns and buy new hero
you can transmute the secret weapon container :p
you can transmute critter (well this bug is not that bad :p)

Level 3
you return to castle after the bosses have been defeated
I meant, you can blink to other boss area from one boss area, so i can buy Fire Lord ticket for 20k, and blink to pudge, which reward 15 diamonds upon death.
possible solution:
reduce blinking range
disable blinking in boss room (who needs that anyway?)
trigger to check which ticket is bought and disable leaving the area, until the boss is dead or player types -t (complicated, but may be useful to prevent other blink item/skill)
move the boss area so it will be farther than blinking range

Level 9
I see, I will have to reduce the range greatly just to escape from being stucked at the middle of the opponents. Since the dagger is less useful as of the latest version, I will add bonuses to this item and add it to the recipe of the Death Dagger.

Level 3
ok... tested so far.. noticed druid is pretty strong... boss 1 ok.. omega boss ok.. killing boss 2 though kills you.. ruined my game due to boss wave (tauren) i got revived and got perma stunned (single player).. and by perma i mean perma.. druid with personal item regens really fast

Level 9
I can't believe you remember me haha. The map has come a long way.

Thanks! I always remember all the users who gives feedback to my map that's why I remember you.

ok... tested so far.. noticed druid is pretty strong... boss 1 ok.. omega boss ok.. killing boss 2 though kills you.. ruined my game due to boss wave (tauren) i got revived and got perma stunned (single player).. and by perma i mean perma.. druid with personal item regens really fast

I will do a slight nerf on the druid and reduce the stun duration of bash.

Level 5
Played this several times, it looks really promising with some edits.

I played with 2 people today, a friend and myself. My friend was an archer and I was a battle mage; the archer seemed to completely outclass the battle mage. I barely got any kills. We didn't get far past the first boss because of some connection issues.

In the next game my friend was archer and I was greedy knight. It was an interesting class to play as, and we almost beat the game with it; we finally died on the infernals.

There's a massive difficulty jump, I forgot at which wave. It turns into getting God's Titans more than anything; heroes just become diamond farmers. I'm not sure if this is intended but it's boring, and maybe too hard. As a greedy knight I was not able to get enough titans or towers to fend off the waves; even when collecting taxes gave me enough gold for a diamond, not even counting the countless transmutes and taunts that gave me even more money.

We were playing on normal, by the way.

The music is kind of boring. There are more exciting ones in Warcraft 3; not saying you need to import something.

I think the snow effect should be toned down to a lighter version or removed, and maybe the castle made smaller. It's hard to look around, in my opinion.

Level 9
Played this several times, it looks really promising with some edits.

I played with 2 people today, a friend and myself. My friend was an archer and I was a battle mage; the archer seemed to completely outclass the battle mage. I barely got any kills. We didn't get far past the first boss because of some connection issues.

In the next game my friend was archer and I was greedy knight. It was an interesting class to play as, and we almost beat the game with it; we finally died on the infernals.

There's a massive difficulty jump, I forgot at which wave. It turns into getting God's Titans more than anything; heroes just become diamond farmers. I'm not sure if this is intended but it's boring, and maybe too hard. As a greedy knight I was not able to get enough titans or towers to fend off the waves; even when collecting taxes gave me enough gold for a diamond, not even counting the countless transmutes and taunts that gave me even more money.

We were playing on normal, by the way.

The music is kind of boring. There are more exciting ones in Warcraft 3; not saying you need to import something.

I think the snow effect should be toned down to a lighter version or removed, and maybe the castle made smaller. It's hard to look around, in my opinion.

Okay I'll reduce the massive difficulty jump and I add a music to my map and I will reduce the fog and snow effect. But removing the weather entirely is not good.

Level 3
ok.. You wanted suggestions.. Maybe tweak the refresh of the multiboard.. Sometimes players get instead of their actual value when increasing for example weaponcraft the same number as before or the text changes to "weaponcraft".. Thats a cosmetic problem. Another suggestion would be for the firemage. The omega skill is pretty much useless the way it is now.. You should lower the armor increasement and increase the duration.. Or make it so it uses an immolation effect dealing a bit less damage but in the same damage cycle.. A fire mage should be exceptional in area spells instead of singletarget spells, as fire spreads. The phoenixfire effect of the omega skill makes it reverses the role, changing the firemage into a heavier singletarget killer. Still.. Duration is too short to use it properly and cooldown is too long in relation to its efficiency... Thats all which comes to my mind atm.. Probably going to check out some more solo play performances of some heroes this week.

Edit:
also some suggestion regarding gameplay... maybe you could add some more defensive items for mid and high tiers
also some variation for low tier as most heroes are doing fine once they get the ring on easy and normal

Last edited:
Level 2
bluegreen if you lower the druid hp regen you also need to lower the phoenix. its damn op since you get his aura lvl 1. i think (played both heroes) its more op then the druid + item

Level 3
Good map. By the way, Necromancer's Skeleton bomb is bugged.

best bug report ever....

if something is bugged in your opinion then describe it

if you mean the fact that skeleton bomb doesnt trigger when targeting an enemy or anything other than your skeletons then thats known.. i already reported it before

i dont know anymore if it was intented though

anyways.. about the update thingy.. i dunno why.. but it feels like bluegreen seems to be quite busy atm

or hes taking a break from mapping

Level 9
Yes, I am taking a break and very very busy
I made another hero named "Vyx Vipor the Nether Dragon"
It has poison based spells
duo craft agility hero

And I can release the map when really available (Next Week)
I will not update it today because I will test the hero until it is balanced.

Level 9
Good map. By the way, Necromancer's Skeleton bomb is bugged.

I was wondering that why there are countless reports about skeleton bomb.
I don't really know what is the true cause of this bug
All I know about is when you target a skeleton,
It will explode and deal damage in small area
You cannot target anything other than skeletons
It was intended

If I make a mistake, can you please show me a replay, video, screenshot or explain it very clear.

Level 3
i guess when you made it so nothing other than skeletons can be targeted by skeleton bomb.. then maybe you should try giving skeletons a special type... that way you can set the spell to only accept that one type as a target

the problem atm is.. the trigger causes only the skeletons to explode and deal damage, but the spell allows any unit to be targeted..

so if the target is something different than a skeleton, nothing will happen at all

thats the "bug"

Edit: want me to help you test and balance the new hero? as i got a nice idea about what would be balanced

which also reminds me... you should probably nerf the weaponsmith a bit (omega skill grants too much gold considering the duration)

Level 9
Version 2.31 has been released!
Some changes I type might be incomplete
because I forgot what I was doing before taking a break

Added:
  • Nether Dragon (Hero)
Changes:
  • Reduced fog and weather
  • Reduced Difficulty at late game
  • Renamed and set color personal items to red
  • A bit of balance
  • Random Theme
  • Buffed God's Titan
  • Castle gold and diamond can now be distributed to heroes
  • Changed Icon of Giga Ring and Star Diamond
  • Renamed Item from Diamond to Star Diamond
Fixed:
  • Multiboard Tweaked
  • Skeleton Bomb bug
  • Various Bugs
  • Tooltips
Removed:
  • None

I fixed the skeleton bomb by changing the skeletons into suicidal and skill targets only suicidal units.
Happy playing :thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 3
i thought you tested the nether dragon?
i already noticed the personal item doesnt grant any crafts

the nether dragon also is a bit op.. atleast in the beginning with the 100% chance to reduce damage by 100.

the next point is.. IF the item grants the 1000 all crafts then the nether dragon would be the strongest hero in the game

the poison attacks may instantly kill any units attacked causing it to attack like a machine gun

Edit: killing plague king still kills you

Level 9
alright it will be balanced
I'll remove the damage when attacking in nethertoxin leaving only the chance to deal aoe damage.
I'll remove the 1000 all craft and replace it with 2nd skill upgrade
1st-4th skill will be nerfed
and will update it with the great castle fixed and grammars
and spelling in loading screen.

Edit: Killing plague king was intended. I just forgot the message when killing plague king.

Level 3
ok found another thing,... peta ring is totally useless.... the 1000 all crafts dont even work
did you somehow mess up the triggers?

Level 9
easy, you need 2 butterflies to be the couple and let them hatch an egg. Then wait for it to evolve until it reached its final form, The "Butterfly"...

No seriously, you need black dagger (Level 4 recipes) and blink dagger and Alacrity blade.

Since you are new to this game, you must play it a little more to be familiarized in this map. Thank you for this simple comment that I discovered a bug in Death Dagger item (Butterfly) and I'll fix it soon.

Level 9
I like the changes you made on the map, very nice.
One thing though: I played the naga hero, and fought vs the omega boss, and it didn't blink me back when he died. This might be because of his ability where he moves himself was used when the boss died, which probably teleports you back to the place the omega boss was. My advise: make a command to teleport back to castle (you can make it work with 2 conditions: you are in the area of the boss, and the boss is dead).

Anyway, great job, especially on the overall gameplay and layout.

Level 9
I like the changes you made on the map, very nice.
One thing though: I played the naga hero, and fought vs the omega boss, and it didn't blink me back when he died. This might be because of his ability where he moves himself was used when the boss died, which probably teleports you back to the place the omega boss was. My advise: make a command to teleport back to castle (you can make it work with 2 conditions: you are in the area of the boss, and the boss is dead).

Anyway, great job, especially on the overall gameplay and layout.

Thanks, I appreciate it!
I'll revert back the -t command but with condition in case a hero gets stuck.

PS: If you want to see the trigggers of your map, contact me.

Level 2
as another sugesstion:
when someone kills a boss only 1 person gets the the extra gold... might add that the the "killgold" goes to both players..
problem on this idea are the challenge bosses which would give both players gold too

Level 9
as another sugesstion:
when someone kills a boss only 1 person gets the the extra gold... might add that the the "killgold" goes to both players..
problem on this idea are the challenge bosses which would give both players gold too

I might add it to my map or maybe not. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion

Awesome map!!!!

Thanks, I'm gonna map this map the awesomest and coolest map ever!

PS: Don't forget to rate my map.

Level 3
after testing the new version a bit with a friend i noticed some minor/major bugs

-Assassin [W] Skill damages allies
-the "-t" command pauses the hero of the player using it but only unpauses the hero of player 1 after 10 secs passing

next thing is the defense/damage balance... most heroes are based on damage or support.. but the only 2 heroes who may be capable of proper tanking would be the death knight and greedy knight (sry if im missing any)

the ability to tank is sometimes... no always a needed factor for a successful game...
maybe add more heroes with defensive/protective abilities (maybe a defender with the ability to retaliate damage done to anyone in 400 aoe?) or add some more defensive items as i stated in an earlier post.
reason for this is the wave 60... 15kk (15,000,000) hp is too much with the armor value of the boss... plus the damage is insane even with 3k armor (without a sniper the boss is a real pain)

next point is the tauren chieftain... the damage is fine.. pretty balanced.. except of the personal item: the rocks can deal 200k damage per second ... its a bit too much in relation to the other heroes
another personal problem with the tauren is the ultimate (the storm one) causing too much effects, draining the perfomance on low-end computers.. maybe tweak the effects?
that would be all on my side for now.. ill edit this or post again when i find more problems

Level 9
after testing the new version a bit with a friend i noticed some minor/major bugs

-Assassin [W] Skill damages allies
-the "-t" command pauses the hero of the player using it but only unpauses the hero of player 1 after 10 secs passing

next thing is the defense/damage balance... most heroes are based on damage or support.. but the only 2 heroes who may be capable of proper tanking would be the death knight and greedy knight (sry if im missing any)

the ability to tank is sometimes... no always a needed factor for a successful game...
maybe add more heroes with defensive/protective abilities (maybe a defender with the ability to retaliate damage done to anyone in 400 aoe?) or add some more defensive items as i stated in an earlier post.
reason for this is the wave 60... 15kk (15,000,000) hp is too much with the armor value of the boss... plus the damage is insane even with 3k armor (without a sniper the boss is a real pain)

next point is the tauren chieftain... the damage is fine.. pretty balanced.. except of the personal item: the rocks can deal 200k damage per second ... its a bit too much in relation to the other heroes
another personal problem with the tauren is the ultimate (the storm one) causing too much effects, draining the perfomance on low-end computers.. maybe tweak the effects?
that would be all on my side for now.. ill edit this or post again when i find more problems

Alright, Ill fix these bugs!

Level 2

its a boss o_O nerf to much = BORING so it shoudnt be a normal creep. i mean as long as it is possible to do fine