1. Are you planning to upload your awesome tool to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 9, 2018: The rules for the Tool Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 15th Mini-Mapping Contest came to an end. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 are soon to be revealed! Come and vote in the public poll for your favorite maps.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 12th incarnation of the Music Contest is LIVE! The theme is Synthwave. Knight Rider needs a song to listen to on his journey. You should definitely have some fun with this theme!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WC3 Mod Manager v1.1.1

Submitted by loktar
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
When updating to v1.1.1, you must also replace the DLLs!

[​IMG]
The easiest and most reliable way to make a mod in Warcraft III is using the "Allow Local Files" registry setting, which allows custom files in the game's install folder to be read by the game.

This project aims to make it as easy as possible to manage and play mods.

The source is available on GitHub.

Core Features
  • Mount/Unmount mod - create symbolic links in the WC3 folder to the selected mod's files
  • Toggle "Allow Local Files" - enable/disable any custom files in the WC3 folder
  • Toggle "Preferred Game Version" - switch between vanilla and expansion
Note: you will need to run the executable as an administrator for most of the functions to work properly.

Changelog

v1.1.1
- Using WinAPI to create symbolic links instead of calling cmd.exe (faster)
- Compiled with MinGW 7.3.0 64bit (used MinGW 5.3.0 32bit before)

v1.1.0
- Mods are mounted by creating symbolic links, instead of by moving files
- Restoring of backups fixed
Previews
Contents

WC3 Mod Manager v1.1.1 (Binary)

Reviews
eejin
Approved! Tool works quickly and easily. Very useful for when you want to swap out mods quickly.
  1. Barade

Barade

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Finally, someone made this tool!

edit: Btw. why do I have to copy/move every folder to the mods folder? Doesn't it work with a symbolic link?

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  2. loktar

loktar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Glad it's useful! :D

I'm not sure, but I think it should work with a symbolic link.
    Next version will include the option to add a mod as a symlink (so you can choose between move, copy and symlink).

In the future I may add the possibility to add a mod in any location without copying/moving/symlinking at all (by saving the path somewhere), but I'm not sure if it's necessary.
    I will probably add it once I need to store any meta data for mods. Then it's just a matter of also storing the path in the meta data.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  3. yoosk

yoosk

Resources:
    Resources:
    Would love to see possibility to mount multiple mods at same time, as i would use it to manage my interface mods.

4. yxq1122

yxq1122

Resources:
    Resources:
    This tool is a light weighted, favorable and delicious solution for making wc3 mods. Good work!

I'm wondering what's the difference between this tool and Ev3nt's MM Engine.

5. ZeroGo

ZeroGo

Resources:
    Resources:
    The difference is that this one works with 1.30+ and I can even use it on battle.net. I am making Czech language pack right now, based on the 1.26 version and it works great.

6. eejin

eejin

Tool Reviewer

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Approved! Tool works quickly and easily. Very useful for when you want to swap out mods quickly.