• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Replace local file?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Just put the files you want to override into the WC3 directory.

I.e. if you wanna override "ui/war3skin.txt" you'd create a file with path "..../Warcraft III/ui/war3skin.txt"

Hey thank you! This is working for with the UI folder :) But it's not working for my "_locales" folder for example "Warcraft III\_locales\dede.w3mod\units\human\mortarteam". So far I have tested it and folders with _ don't seem to apply new files ...
Any idea on this?

~El

Level 17
Hey thank you! This is working for with the UI folder :) But it's not working for my "_locales" folder for example "Warcraft III\_locales\dede.w3mod\units\human\mortarteam". So far I have tested it and folders with _ don't seem to apply new files ...
Any idea on this?

I think this may be because the locale folders themselves are "overlayed" onto the main virtual file system before local files are applied. The whole system is a bit weird in how it prioritizes different files path. So it may be just that locales have a higher priority than local files.

I don't have much experience with this, unfortunately, so can't help you much there. If you're just modifying your local install, you could maybe try overriding the file without the locale? So, e.g. `Warcraft III\units\human\mortarteam` instead of what you were trying.

Level 1
I think this may be because the locale folders themselves are "overlayed" onto the main virtual file system before local files are applied. The whole system is a bit weird in how it prioritizes different files path. So it may be just that locales have a higher priority than local files.

I don't have much experience with this, unfortunately, so can't help you much there. If you're just modifying your local install, you could maybe try overriding the file without the locale? So, e.g. `Warcraft III\units\human\mortarteam` instead of what you were trying.

wow this worked for me! Thank you so much you saved Warcraft3 for me and some others. Becouse the new dubbing is absolutely trash in in the new version. Now I just can restore the classic sound! Thanks!!

Reactions: ~El
Status
Not open for further replies.