1. Are you planning to upload your awesome tool to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 9, 2018: The rules for the Tool Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The poll for our 11th Music Contest is up! Help us choose the most awesome cinematic tracks by casting a vote!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Melee Mapping contest #3 - Poll is up! Vote for the best 4v4 melee maps!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 30th edition of the Modeling Contest is finally up! The Portable Buildings need your attention, so come along and have a blast!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Aftermath has been revealed for the 19th Terraining Contest! Be sure to check out the Results and see what came out of it.
    Dismiss Notice

Widgetizer 1.9.0.3

Submitted by PitzerMike
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This tool originates from here

The Widgetizer converts the object data files in Warcraft maps to SLK tables and TXT files. Additionally the WTS strings of the map are internalized. This will result in a remarkable decrease of loading time (on maps with many customized objects).

Simply unzip all files to a folder and start the tool. The readme explains in detail how to use the Widgetizer.

If you are missing a dll or the VB 6 runtime files, you can get the runtime pack here.

If you want to get as much out of the Widgetizer as possible I recommend you dive into the hidden and advanced features of the tool by reading this tutorial.

Keywords:
Widgetizer, Loading Time, Speed, Dota, Optimize
Contents

Widgetizer 1.9.0.3 (Binary)

Reviews
Dr Super Good: Very good tool, can really decrease map loading times.
  1. Dr Super Good:
    Very good tool, can really decrease map loading times.

2. PiMpEd_HoMiE

PiMpEd_HoMiE

Resources:
    Resources:
    its a great tool for large maps

3. Splatt

Splatt

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Cool.This is excellent tool. :lol:

4. Source[ode

Source[ode

Resources:
    Resources:
    Does it also work with protected maps or maps otimized with Vexorian's optimizer?

5. PitzerMike

PitzerMike

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Well actually it can handle both, protectand and optimized maps.

But protected maps are often missing the (listfile) and if it can't resolve all unknow filenames it won't be able to copy all files from your map archive into the new map. In that case it won't work (because it's technically impossible due to one-way-hashing)

Generally it's better to first widgetize a map and then protect it.

6. emjlr3

emjlr3

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    seems like a really neat tool. if it works as well as stated then I will be very happy after it's use. I'll let you know what kinda percentage it takes off the loading time of my map.

btw...let me get this straight, i read the read me and basically you just open the map, select the options you want, let it do it's thing, then look in the output directory and the .w3x map file is your new widgetized map? and I have also been using vexorians optimizer to help with my map size, I'm not really sure what exactly that does other then take out useless stuff i guess, does this do anything that the map optimizer doesn't, and can/should this be used in conjunction with the map optimizer and when(before/after) thnx for the help and the great tool!

update: well I tried it, and there was abosulutly no change in loading time at all...i used the process i stated above, so I'll hold off giving you a bad score until I make sure that I did it correctly

7. FunkyDude44

FunkyDude44

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What do i do with it?

i cant rate it if i dont know how to use..... :shock:

8. PitzerMike

PitzerMike

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    emjlr3: Yes, you are assuming right. The map in the output folder is the "optimized" version of your map. And it can/should be used in conjunction with Vexorian's optimizer.
    Because this tool reduces loading time, whereas Vexorian's reduces the size.

Regarding the percentage of loading time reduction, it varies from 0% to 75%. It just depends on how many customized units/abilities/items/upgrades/doodads and strings you have in your map. I'm assuming it's a pretty simple map you have tested it on (maybe a melee map?), in that case it wouldn't make any difference. Also I feel rating it down because of that would be unjust. As an example this tool reduced the loading time of well-known maps like DotA and ToB from 4+ minutes to less than 1 minute.

FunkyDude44: I think the readme states it pretty clearly. If you have specific questions, feel free to ask.

9. NovaBlade

NovaBlade

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok heres the deal. I made a map with 210 custom units and 175 custom abilitys. Can i download the widgetizer and use it in this already made map to decrease the loading time or do i need to download and use the widgetizer at the very begining of a warcraft map. Also with that many custom units and abilitys would the wigitizer help decrease my downloading time a lot or only a little?

10. PitzerMike

PitzerMike

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    It would help you a lot. And usually you would widgetize the map when it's finished before releasing it.

11. emjlr3

emjlr3

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    scratch what I said before, maybe i screwed up or something before, but now this thing works like magic, cut my maps loading time by about 40%, great tool man!

12. soulbad

soulbad

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Will this help maps that say they are too big?

13. PitzerMike

PitzerMike

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    You should better use Vexorian's optimizer to compress your maps. This tool mainly reduces loading time.

14. PitzerMike

PitzerMike

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Version 1.4 is now officially released. Get it at http://umswe.wc3campaigns.com/weu/Widgetizer.rar

CHANGES

- Fixed a problem with inherited ability values that caused ability levels of 5 and higher to get
    screwed up
    - Incresed the hashtable sizes so it won't fail on maps with a large number of objects
    - Added the HashtableSizes entry to the ini file to make the hashtable sizes customizable

Maybe a moderator can upload the new version here instead of the old version?

15. PitzerMike

PitzerMike

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Version 1.4.0.2 is available now:

- Added seperate options to remove unused objects for each object type
    - Fixed a bug that caused upgrade requirements for level 2 or higher to disappear
    - Fixed a bug that caused extended tooltips for abilities and upgrades with more than one level to get
    screwed up sometimes
    - Fixed a bug that screwed up tinting colors of doodads with more than one variation

Get it at the other site until it's updated here.

edit: yay, new version 1.5

- Added an option to keep objects referenced with triggers
    - Made the remove unused objects checkboxes independent of the other settings

16. PitzerMike

PitzerMike

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    There has been a new update to 1.6.0.8. Get it at the same link again.
    This might be the final release if we're lucky.

17. Thanatos

Thanatos

Resources:
    Resources:
    Where can I get the version 1.6.0.8! ?

18. PitzerMike

PitzerMike

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Click the link a few posts below.
    btw the current version is 1.7.0.2