• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Widgetizer 1.9.0.3

This tool originates from here

The Widgetizer converts the object data files in Warcraft maps to SLK tables and TXT files. Additionally the WTS strings of the map are internalized. This will result in a remarkable decrease of loading time (on maps with many customized objects).

Simply unzip all files to a folder and start the tool. The readme explains in detail how to use the Widgetizer.

If you are missing a dll or the VB 6 runtime files, you can get the runtime pack here.

If you want to get as much out of the Widgetizer as possible I recommend you dive into the hidden and advanced features of the tool by reading this tutorial.

Keywords:
Widgetizer, Loading Time, Speed, Dota, Optimize
Contents

Widgetizer 1.9.0.3 (Binary)

Reviews
Dr Super Good: Very good tool, can really decrease map loading times.
Level 10
Can u lock map with this & wx3 map optimizer made by vexorian? cuz quickly read some text and i saw that u could but wich program do it ?and where in the help or read me file i can find this info... would be useful cuz my map get hack and i wanna put a lock on it a strong 1

Level 5
This tool seems to be great for what it is intended to do, it does exactly that; However, I am having an issue in my map, where I have roughly 350, give or take a few, custom hero abilities, most of which have 5 ranks. The problem is that when I compile the ability data, 3 of these abilities no longer have tooltips for ranks 1 and 2, they are replaced with a ".", and at ranks 3 and 4 they show parts of the tooltip, but not the whole thing, making it incoherent, and at rank 5 the whole tooltip is finally there.

In addition to those three abilities, 1 ability doesn't show up anymore at all. Obviously, I can't release a map with an improved load time but some broken/nondescript abilities - So does anyone know how I could manually exclude these 4 select abilities from being compiled? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I read the readme, but saw nothing referencing this, or whether or not it could be done. Thanks in advance.

-NeverDeath.

Edit: Regardless of my problem, I am going to give this resource a 5/5, because I'm fairly certain there is a solution to my problem, and the load time reduction through data compilation to SLK files is amazing.

Edit 2: Figured it out. Nevermind, great program. +rep.

Last edited:
Level 4
Problem with widgetizer

i used the widgetizer for reduce loading time,
then i optimize the map
but after that all doodads in the map where invisible.
still there (can move on the places)
but not even 1 doodad can be seen.

what make i wrong ?
can someone help me ?

Level 18
Widgetizer problem

Hello,
maps used Widgitizer may blocks other maps on Batlenet.

For example HordeVsAlliance by Wooj can blocks other becouse it used Widgitizer, probably deleting unused doddads and destructibles.
In other map you want play right after HvsA you will see, in points where doddads should be, coloured boxes. That probably will split players (cause desync).

So, please tell me how to fix this. If popular map use Widgitizer in a way to block other maps. Is there a way to reload deleted destrucibles and doddads ? Its not right to produce tool like that which not allow players to try new map.
Of course player can restart Warcraft, but who will do that, lol?
Zibi

Level 13
A question.... how to use:

1. Protect the map with Vexorians Tool and
2. Use Widgetizer on this protected file OR

1. Use Widgetizer on the unprotected file and than use the output file and
2. run Vex. Optimizer?

Level 12
Are people nowaday still using Widgetizer ?
Does it still produce the desync bug on Bnet when you play different maps ?
It seems that the latest release is very old (and so the input SLK files should be too)..

Edit : it seems it is not working with patch 1.31.1 no ?

Last edited:
Level 20
Are people nowaday still using Widgetizer ?
Does it still produce the desync bug on Bnet when you play different maps ?
It seems that the latest release is very old (and so the input SLK files should be too)..

Edit : it seems it is not working with patch 1.31.1 no ?

I'd like to know this as well. I used to apply Widgetizer and Vexorian's Map Optimizer to my maps in the past. The Map Optimizer thread has an according post clarifying which features still work.

Is there any similiar information regarding Widgetizer? Can we still use it with Reforged?

Level 25
I think for Reforged somebody has to update all the SLK files. I get an out of memory exception for my map which uses really high hero ability levels. When I exclude the abilities there is no exception. I am not sure why this is a rar archive inside a zip file.
I get lots of files in the output directory. Does this directly modify the input map file or do I have to import all of these files into the map? I can still open the input map. The output files look rather empty so I guess it didn't work for a Reforged map.

Level 13
I get lots of files in the output directory. Does this directly modify the input map file or do I have to import all of these files into the map? I can still open the input map. The output files look rather empty so I guess it didn't work for a Reforged map.
I don't remember if Widgetizer removes/replaces Object Data in the map on its own, if it did the map should still work in WE anyway, I just use it for the output SLK and TXT files so I can load those as mods.
It works for 1.31, it should work for Reforged provided it's fed the right dataset in Input\, the one in the download is more than a decade old now. (1.21-ish)

I guess for your "out of memory" case you could try and see if changing "HashtableSizes" in its .ini file helps.

Last edited: