• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft Reforged Metacritic (Yikes..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Nothing like that Blizzard level of quality we're always hearing about! :peasant-rolling-eyes:They're still salty about Dota.

Not that I wish harm on strangers I don't know but.. I wouldn't not cheer in celebration if the blizz execs responsible happened to fall into a gaping sinkhole while on their daily commute to be rude to their local Starbucks cashier for no reason.

I cancelled my wow classic sub today.

Level 8
1.2 now, and I tough its review bombing :goblin_boom::goblin_boom::goblin_boom: but then I bought it, installed it, wanted continue making my custom campaign, did not find the the custom campaign button, went to metacritic, gave it zero.
also when I saved my camaign in reforged and went try to open in normal W3 it was giving critical error :ogre_rage: so I would give it negative score if it was possible

I have new slogan for reforged:

BUY IT - KILL YOURSELF - PROFIT

Level 8
Mentally challenged blizzard went for quick cash-grab but they could have make so much money if they invested a bit more into it...

For example they could have made Warcraft IV instead, named something like Warcraft IV - fall of the lich king, where we would surprise surprise killed LK, there could be also Scarled crusade campaign
then they could every year before christmas relase expac following wow
december 2021 BAM Warcraft IV - Cataclysm
december 2022 BAM Warcraft IV - Mists of Pandaria
december 2023 BAM Warcraft IV- Warlords of Draenor
december 2024 BAM Warcraft IV - Legion
december 2025 BAM Warcraft IV - Battle for Azeroth
december 2026 BAM Warcraft IV - Shadlowland
december 2027 BAM Warcraft IV - another expac which already came out by this tam....
and they would be swimming in money every year... but no lets just kill Warcraft... that will make us money right

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
For example they could have made Warcraft IV instead, named something like Warcraft IV - fall of the lich king, where we would surprise surprise killed LK
None of those would work because WoW players would already be too familiar to those events and many Warcraft III fans play WoW as well.
The idea was to attract WoW players to WcIII as the WcIII story was only experienced in flashback fragments in WoW.

Level 8
Oh, and I tough how genius am I :D

Anyway, checking 10 ratings on metacritic is funny sometimes:

"its bad mwuaahahahaahahahaahahahaahahahaahahahaahahahaahahahaahahahaahahahaahahaha"

"Id give 9/10 but i feel the need to counter these guys giving out 0/10. ... "

"I have not played yet, but I already condemn those offended who artificially lowered the rating."

Level 8
Oh, and I tough how genius am I :D
Anyway, checking 10 ratings on metacritic is funny sometimes:
"its bad mwuaahahahaahahahaahahahaahahahaahahahaahahahaahahahaahahahaahahahaahahaha"
"Id give 9/10 but i feel the need to counter these guys giving out 0/10. ... "
"I have not played yet, but I already condemn those offended who artificially lowered the rating."
It reminds me of Dragon Age 2, when I created a metacritic account to express how disappointed I was (gave it a somewhat decent score of 2 or 3) with the game's downfall and got banned as "a bot".

Level 8
236862a3ce75836b2a196e226d519131.jpg
There can be only 1! (1.0 converted to integer)

Reactions: pyf
Level 8
First metacritic (critic reviews) is out look at this:
Wccftech gave it: 75 "this is an undeniable diamond in the rough"

un freaking deniable

It´s over guys we were wrong, it is UNDENIABLE diamond in the rough let´s go back to reforged and play some custom campaings. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

jeez they know how to trigger me I give them that

Last edited:
Level 8
First metacritic (critic reviews) is out look at this:
Wccftech gave it: 75 "this is an undeniable diamond in the rough"
un freaking deniable

It´s over guys we were wrong, it is UNDENIABLE diamond in the rough let´s go back to reforged and play some custom campaings. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
jeez they know how to trigger me I give them that
People trusting self-proclaimed sellout "critics" (in any industry, not just VG mind you) in 2020 is a joke. Now information is available to almost everyone via Internet. Let's take YouTube game reviewers for instance. The natural cycle goes as follows: a reviewer gets more popular over time and eventually starts making compromises (and I don't blame them). Shake and repeat. The whole metacritic, RT score shenanigans (and any PC for that matter) make me think of the USSR communist newspapers and how one couldn't deviate from the party's official point of view. Wait for a week or two, I guarantee you'll start seeing articles calling hive users (as well as others) man-children, incels, etc. It's a weapon to be deployed at any time. Like one can see guys giving Reforged 10/10 just to "balance" things out.

Level 8
0,9 Drake stop sleeping or working you missed the 1.0 part
also media unleashed Review bombing weapon, like this mentality "it is not that bad it is just getting review bombed"

Last edited:
Level 8
aahhaa another Critic review came out and they gave it 70

"Warcraft 3 is such a powerful experience that simply outshines the many flaws of the Reforged operation. Some people wanted a complete remake, others called for #nochanges, and in the end we got the simplest remaster. But it still remains the remastered version of a masterpiece."

Level 10
The leaders and shareholders of this company are insane. Some old farts in glasstowers who has
never played games, gives no damn about customers and do what they think maximizes profit.
They still dont get that players are actual people and not 1211122211 data.
What a disgrace to the genuine developers within BLIZZARD who truly want to make good stuff for the community.

Level 8
If not for the false promise and false marketing, I'm certain the release deserves much higher than that. It's not even that bad, not nearly. Poor developers, I hope they don't get discouraged, I hope reforged modding scene will bounce back to its glory at some point without the cinematic remaster.
That's the worst part about it. Poor devs will have Reforged in their portfolio. Whilst the above mentioned suits won't face any serious career-shattering consequences.

Level 10
I think Reforged will be great (eventually).
But only because there is a giant backlash and from a marketing viewpoint there is simply no other choice than fixing it right now.
Reforged worth 1.5/10? Hell no way, its merely rage over the undelivered expectations.
I'm mostly enfuriated on behalf of the developers since they get the most hate, despite with correct management they would still be making incredible content.

Level 8
Reforged worth 1.5/10? Hell no way, its merely rage over the undelivered expectations.
Well I had no expectations and they still disappointed me, the sad part is I am not overstating, I do not want to repeat all bad stuff so I will just bring two points special for me.

1) I was not born in english speaking and reforged just removed dubbing, even copy past was too hard for blizzard I guess
there is petition we made Petition unterschreiben, when nothing speaks your language anymore, that is big downgrade you paid for, oh and like a bonus there is not option even for TEXT in my language
2) last years I was only messing around custom campaigns in W3, so they hit me in soft spot when there is no button for custom campaign in reforged, yes I know they will give it back in future (I hope) but I just paid for downgrade again and yes I know I can open custom campaign in reforged editor but when I save it there it can not be open in old editor or old W3....

so my feelings are like -999999999999999999 but I still gave it generous 1 in my honest rating thread because I can LOOK at my campaign in new (not decided if better yet) graphics in the editor.

If I was not be able to understand English it would be honest 0, I mean if reforged was suddenly in chinese for you and you could not go back to English what rating would you give it :)

EDIT: it is 0,6 now

Last edited:
Level 6
I think Reforged will be great (eventually).

MAKE WARCRAFT GREAT AGAIN!!!
Sorry, it was too hard to resist.

Well, personally I don't even want to try gauging other peoples' motives for complaining in this matter, but I actually never purchased Reforged. But currently I'm literally unable, as in the very definition of the word "unable", to play the Classic version. Because of the launch of Reforged, merging of clients and whatnot. So, I'll agree with you on that point. It's not worth 1.5/10 in my book. It's gonna have to go WAY below those 1.5, before I'm satisfied with the score.

Level 7
"I’m not angry. I am a little disappointed. I expected Warcraft 3: Reforged to feel new. Instead, it just looks new." - Kotaku (No Score)

"So then we are left with Warcraft III, only with a bit nicer figure models and surroundings, and a small bunch of removed elements. If you have the old game from before, it is difficult to say that this renovation is worth the money. And when everything that's gone in Reforged is additionally removed from the old version of the game, it's hard not to scratch our heads and wonder what we're paying for. What's the point?" - Gamer.no (50)

"The game is a mess, and not only that, some of the ways that Reforged is a mess actually impact the original Warcraft III. So even if you didn’t buy the remaster and just want to play your old game, you’ll still face some of the same problems with the new launcher, connecting to servers and so forth." - Forbes (No Final Score Yet)

These three mirror my sentiments the most. I was briefly angry. Now I'm just sad and disappointed.

Level 8
Guys, my mental gymnastics invented ultimate nightmare:

Imagine if user score on metacritic was 10/10 and everybody would be telling you: "yep this is GotY, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it, look it has upgraded graphics, why do you need custom campaigns anyway, eula is just words", "you got instant defeat? just git gud"
Also W3 would be in chinese and you could not go back to English. "why don´t you just learn chinese instead of complaining?"

and suicide would not work

Level 8
Guys, my mental gymnastics invented ultimate nightmare:

Imagine if user score on metacritic was 10/10 and everybody would be telling you: "yep this is GotY, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it, look it has upgraded graphics, why do you need custom campaigns anyway, eula is just words", "you got instant defeat? just git gud"
Also W3 would be in chinese and you could not go back to English. "why don´t you just learn chinese instead of complaining?"
and suicide would not work
Xié-xié, wo de peng you. (Or smth like that, I barely know a few words in Mandarin)

Level 10
The 0,9~1,4 scores does not represent the quality of the game. It represents the upset. If people are angry, they tend to rate stuff at the lowest possible score. Thats how it ends up way below such shitty games that an autistic kindergardener could not endure for more than 2 minutes.

It should be noted that Reforged has loads of amazing models, especially creeps and demons. So despite all the sloppiness and ripoff, we should at least give credit for the great work of artists. (Im not talking about the neon grass kek)

Am I defending the game? Cmooon I did not even buy it despite I'm a hardcore blizzard fan since 2002. I just avoid being sentimental (now, a few posts earlier I was raging lol)

Level 24
It should be noted that Reforged has loads of amazing models, especially creeps and demons. So despite all the sloppiness and ripoff, we should at least give credit for the great work of artists. (Im not talking about the neon grass kek)
The models weren't even that good.
Too many details, lack of faithfulness and least of all not designed for an RTS.
Honestly i find everything about this game incredibly lackluster.
With that said visual director is to blame, not the outsourced services.

Level 8
yeh the only good thing about reforged (in theory) can be for cinematics (when shots are taken from close) and for some custom maps where you play from 1st person...

Level 17
The 0,9~1,4 scores does not represent the quality of the game. It represents the upset. If people are angry, they tend to rate stuff at the lowest possible score. Thats how it ends up way below such shitty games that an autistic kindergardener could not endure for more than 2 minutes.

Am I defending the game? Cmooon I did not even buy it despite I'm a hardcore blizzard fan since 2002. I just avoid being sentimental (now, a few posts earlier I was raging lol)

Well it does represent the quality of the game. It is replacing Classic Wc3. The score should technically be negative, as it actually downgraded the original, despite being developed 18years of technology later, and despite those who didn't purchase it specifically making a statement that they were okay with Classic Wc3.

Why I have i gone from blocky characters, to so much blur on my units that my eyes hurt?

Status
Not open for further replies.