• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III: Reforged Developer Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Love the way you excuse them with "but you can get classic version on torrents". Yeah, that's totally what you get for trusting in blizzard and _updating_ your stable game once bought. You have to get on your antivirus suit and dig into torrents to get somewhat stable to be able to play your lovely campaign the way it intended to. To be able to not desync at single player game. To be able to not see static sepia screen on main menu.

For sure you can use whatever version you want, like we (dota) do. Remember this game used to be online game as well? With every deriative and false promise there are less users. With every "but you can dl it on torrent" userbase gets smaller.

Every day the smell of dead body getting stronger, it's like living next to the an abomination. And instead of using doors and windows at least to clear the air, PR says "it's all OK, we gonna fix this broken leg! soon enough, cant say when, just wait for it, trust us, we've never fault you" through radiospeaker. Wish you had no such kind of doctor at your place. Or one day you'll wake up with no legs (reforged will be dropped next year and no longer supported, purely my opinion with no sources whatsoever). But for sure, you can always find wirt's leg at some torrent to use.

It's clear there are some very bad management issues at Blizzard classic now. I believe them actually, I can't blame the devs... entirely. I think they are working hard but they must be very very few people and not quite experienced with the engine. Very sad, but let's hope for the best... now I can see a spark of hope :infl_thumbs_up:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
It's been 4 months since release. Their pace is ridiculously slow.
Let's make a fund raiser for a pacemaker!

Take for example Starcraft. You can download and play Starcraft from your Battle.net app anytime you like, it will probably look a bit silly, but it'll work. And at the next button, you can purchase Starcraft Remaster. I really don't see why couldn't they do the same thing with Warcraft 3.
I'm hoping they will do it eventually.
Yeah, except the fact that you have to download some extra 25Gbs of data that you need for absolutely nothing, and that you don't have access to features you used to have, and that you loose nerves on an incredibly laggy main menu, and you have a lot of new bugs appear out of nowhere.
It's the same with StarCraft: Remastered.

Last edited:
Level 20
Oh boy, time for everyone to pointlessly complain again :D
Yeah... how dare we be skeptical and negative about a company that turned our beloved game into a broken abomination :)

P.S. Waiting for @deepstrasz to hit me up with some Greta or Abomination meme image :D

2. You think it's pointless in the regard that it falls to deaf ears
If that's what he meant then I actually agree with him - I'm not a huge believer in Blizzard caring about players at this point, especially a bunch of old-time nerds like us.

Level 16
specially a bunch of old-time nerds like us.
Who you calling old? I age like wine. By that I mean stomped to death and to be never drunk in this lifetime.
Good times...
Brings tears of joy to be honest. The way he speaks so humble but sincere, that's what made them great. Now everything needs to pass through a filter of correctness and they pretend it's for the greater good, but it's only to justify their lack of innovation and creativity.

Level 4
Two and a half years later they acknowledge the desyncs!, I know, they are not fixed, guess what this means for everything else? two years from now they will acknowledge everything that was missing on the reforged release!
Will it be fixed any time "soon"? I think the analogy "does anyone know if a tree makes a sound when it falls in the forest if no one is there?" is appropriate

Being practical, most of this post means nothing, there is no dates and it reads like a politician speech a lot of words but nothing meaningful

The only meaningful stuff I got:
"In reaction to this feedback, the team has begun rolling out a series of server updates which have reduced the number of high-latency games by over 60% since the week of May 4th." --> because no one is playing?
"Arranged Teams consisting of a full team of self-organized players are now tracked separately using the team’s MMR rather than a player’s individual rating" --> so it wasn't like this on reforged release? WTF were they thinking? (AFAIK solo and AT matchmaking stats-MMR were separated in the original war3)

Some bad news:
"per-race MMR" --> now you'll have to play extra if you switch races to go up in the ladder? (do they do this in SC1/SC2?)
"For the first time, the system will allow Random Teams to be paired against Arranged Teams" --> rip random teams

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
From what I know the PTR now updates to Reforged; so it's too late for anyone who hasn't gotten it by now - and anyone who has it (like me) is in constant fear of pressing the update button or having it auto-update by itself.
Don't use it for mapping, just in case it will make work incompatible on future patches.
Better use a 1.31.1 from around here instead.

From what I know the PTR now updates to Reforged; so it's too late for anyone who hasn't gotten it by now - and anyone who has it (like me) is in constant fear of pressing the update button or having it auto-update by itself.

Welp they said in this dev blog that ptr will be updated this week to test new balance changes so beware already, and let's just say an early rip to ptr

Level 13
I'm hoping they will do it eventually.
That my friend is what I call having unrealistic hopes.
It's the same with StarCraft: Remastered.
What??
From what I know ScR has 100% of the original game features. And that it's also virtually bugless and with no lags at all. And further more it only takes like 5Gbs. I mean c'mon Refunded takes like 30Gbs, and Sc2 a game with imo 10x better graphics takes less space(I mean I like Wc3R unit models, but everything else, ground, cliffs, water, vegetation etc.. looks really bad and out of place, especially for a 2020 game) takes less computer space, I mean even f**king WoW takes like 70Gbs and that's saying something.

Level 19
nothing is a big deal, your parent dying of COVID-19 isnt a big deal for 99.(9)% of the world, yet you barely would listen to those words, right? There are always something you care of. And some others you really dont, even tho it may be bigger in absolute terms.

Level 20
Actual devs? Maybe. People who called the shots? Nah.
I guarantee there are no executives that are willing to put Warcraft III Reforged on their resume.

I'd like to see more World Editor changes, and there haven't been any big ones since 1.29 and the pre-Reforged patch.
Throwing all those extra things in when they should've been prepping Reforged is part of the reason Blizzard is in this mess in the first place, and that's beside the fact that half of the added features don't work the way they're supposed to.

Level 13
Yeah... how dare we be skeptical and negative about a company that turned our beloved game into a broken abomination :)

P.S. Waiting for @deepstrasz to hit me up with some Greta or Abomination meme image :D

If that's what he meant then I actually agree with him - I'm not a huge believer in Blizzard caring about players at this point, especially a bunch of old-time nerds like us.
Not saying there isnt something to complain about, just saying that it seems pointless, I doubt Blizzard really cares at this point.
(And personally for me I've been able to play without issue)

nothing is a big deal, your parent dying of COVID-19 isnt a big deal for 99.(9)% of the world, yet you barely would listen to those words, right? There are always something you care of. And some others you really dont, even tho it may be bigger in absolute terms.
lol ok, you do you buddy

Level 12
Can they fix the shitty performance? I spent $500 on PC upgrades and I still can't get reliable 60fps at minimum in even the most basic maps. It takes all my computers power to even run WC3 Reforged.

And the insane lag at start is reason alone for me to never use HD mode ever again.

In the interests of fairness towards the dev team we don't know what kind of a state Warcraft 3 was in before they took over. It was a very old game with very old code. Cleaning it up could've taken months alone just to iron everything out. We know we'll eventually get all the old features we had back its just a matter of time. I'm highly disappointed we didn't have these things from the start and I do have my gripes with the game, but for the love of god can any criticism be constructive at least? I'm sick of people just flaming, at the beginning it was understandable; now I find it tedious.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Level 3
i absolutely love how features that were taken away from the now 18 year old version of the game for seemingly no goddamn reason are now apparently "under developement" what am i supposed to do? am i supposed to clap? or be happy that they actually bothered to add something to the reforged version that wasn't mentioned anywhere was gonna be removed in the first place?

is this what gaming in 2020 is now? applauding developers for adding features to their shit new downgraded version of their classic games when said features used to be standard 18 years ago? what kind of bizzaro world are we living in?

boy i can't wait until D2 gets this exact same threatment, might aswell kill the rest of their classic games while at it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.