• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WarCraft III: High Death [War and Time Trilogy]

- Current Version: 2.0.1 - CLOSED PROJECT
. Download the file and place it in the following path: "C:\Users\USER_NAME\Documents\Warcraft III\Campaigns"
. Required game version: 1.31.1
. This campaign should be playable on versions 1.35+ but we haven't tested it and we can't ensure it works correctly

260265-5bef13f7336bc24b133413a9d5e162e6.png

- CONTEXT:
This campaign, like the others we've created, tells its own story and can be played without having played any other. But before playing this campaign, consider playing "The Legend of Mikokoro" Both stories are connected and continue in "Sobere's Adventures: The Campaign"

- SYNOPSIS:
Two months have passed since the tragic death of Arthas Menethil. While riots and problems multiply in the kingdom, the king remains isolated without attending to anything or anyone. The shadow of a new threat has reached the ears of the archmage, Antonidas, who has traveled to the capital city to meet with Uther. But while grief darkens the destiny of humanity, a new power grows within the kingdom. The Legion has been forced to delay their plans, but Ner'Zhul and the Cult of the Damned will not be wasting this opportunity to outmaneuver their jailers.

- FEATURES:
. A new story that mixes canonical characters with original characters
. 15 playable maps
. 11 cinematics maps
. Combination of different game types [RTS, RPG, etc.]
. 3 main heroes
. 4 bosses
. Custom items and skills
. Legendary item upgrade system
. New undead race customization
. New leveling system for heroes and skill upgrades

. In chapter two (tSoK), when we load game, sometimes the lighting on the map fails. It's solved by moving the camera to the ally base.
. Feb 3, 2023 - v2.0.1
_ Added new hint in the chapter six [tEP] to make it more intuitive
_ Minor grammatical corrections made

. Feb 1, 2023 - v2.0
_ Chapter six of the second part released
_ Apotheosis released
_ The "Undead Bolt" skill can now be used to heal the hero himself
_ Fixed a bug regarding the "Bravery" option, it was not raising the 50 extra hit points

. Jan 25, 2023 - v1.8.5
_ Chapter five of the second part released
_ New interlude released
_ Removed spell immunity from sorcerers

. Dec 29, 2022 - v1.7
_ Chapter four of the second part released
_ Secret chapter released
_ New interlude released
_ New playable hero added
_ New experience limiter on RTS maps of the second part

. Oct 30, 2022 - v1.5
_ Chapter three of the second part released
_ New interlude released

. Oct 9, 2022 - v1.4
_ Chapter two of the second part released
_ New interlude released
_ Zarah'Shar movement speed increased

. Sep 17, 2022 - v1.3
_ Chapter one of the second part released

. Sep 14, 2022 - v1.2
_ Small internal changes (optimization of some triggers in different chapters)
_ New loading screen (chapters) and new avatar (campaign)

. Jan 27, 2022 - v1.1.1
_ New custom campaign screen (by frostwhisper) added
_ Extra groups of enemies that attack the player directly (chapter 5)
_ Tyrande's attack speed and hit points increased by 15% (chapter 8)

. Jan 26, 2022 - v1.0.5
_ General grammar corrections
_ Skeletal Mages ability "Raise Dead" disabled in chapters 1 and 3

. Jan 21, 2022 - v1.0
Contents

WarCraft III: High Death (Campaign)

Reviews
deepstrasz
The orange runes from the Hidden Message quest should disappear after being take to avoid confusion. Could use a different overhead FX for quest completion instead of the ! sign used for quest giving. There's a bug with the levers in chapter 2. They...
Level 23
My review of the new chapters

Chapter Five
-Lore:
--Wow. Sobere was invited to Azeroth's version of the Red Wedding. Luckily he didn't go there before when he was expected
--And Xernobog ends up avenging Kara's death without even knowing it
--Khadgar is a true idiot. Not only does he decide to act only after the Alliance has already been pretty much dismantled, but he only casts the barrier around Karazhan Tower, leaving the remnants of the Alliance he's trying to protect at the undeads' mercy. He doesn't even come to help his allies.
-Grammar
--Stick: "Summons Sobere..." There's only one Sobere after all.
--"... with that golem. It emanates... energy. Maybe the grinders can contain..."
--"... Pyrewood. My lady..."
--Optional Quest: "... settlement. Destroy..."
-Gameplay:
--Compared to the previous mission, this one was easier, though it might have something to do with the sorcerers' nerf. The occasional attacks were annoying, but we managing to get more units and later build a base helped me a lot.
--Completing all those Optional Quests was totally worth it. A fully-empowered Xernobog with all those items and a summonable Sobere slaughtering the Alliance was a sight to behold
--Those books aided me in leveling up all of Xernobog's abilities

Interlude
-"Shackled would-be creator" Is Anetheron referring to Zovaal?
-So Anetheron was planning all of this simply for the slight chance that Zarah'Shar would leave Azeroth powerless against Yogg-Saron's return? That's so convoluted, even for a dreadlord. So much stuff could have gone wrong.
-Why on earth did Anetheron said all this? If anything, he should have waited until the High Death had dealt with all possible threats to Yogg-Saron! Now Zarah will focus on going to Northrend!
-Does this mean that Zarah's warped mindset was due Anetheron's and the Void's corruption?
- Hinamboh doesn't actually die, maybe it doesn't look good and needs to be upgraded, but he teleports just before he dies and Arthas's cloak falls off (only if you completed the secret chapter)

-In the end it will be explained why Khadgar acted as he did, maybe he is not as stupid as he seems.

- We always try to balance the difficulty of the missions so that it is not a succession of hells in the form of chapters one after another, although we do not always succeed.

- The idea is to have the option to maximize the hero before the final chapter that we intend to be a real challenge (we'll see if we succeed or not)

- We didn't know if the questlines were going to work as planned but in the end I think they turned out quite well, it forces the player to explore and pay attention to the details in each chapter and we wanted the reward to be in line with that requirement.

- I hate the reference to Zovaal, I personally was against it, but in the end there are three of us and in the end what the majority decides is done.

- As Anetheron says, he had been trying for centuries to get a suitable pawn, so before Zarah'Shar there were many others, this is more detailed at the end of this part. And yes, many things could have bad come out and many may think that it was all a great coincidence, but we based ourselves on the most important story in the entire WarCraft universe, that of Arthas. Our reasoning was that the Legion's and Ner'Zhul's plan to use Arthas could have also gone horribly wrong. In the end, no one could accurately predict Arthas's decisions and influences throughout the third war. We know it's not comparable, but that was our reasoning.

- Regarding what is going to happen now, I don't want to comment too much, but in principle I can say that although Anetheron works for the Void, the powers that he granted to Zarah'Shar are demonic, not of the void. And the reason why he told Zarah'Shar everything will be revealed later.

Once again, thank you very much for playing and for your review, as always, we really appreciate it.

Regards.

Last edited:
Level 29
- Hinamboh doesn't actually die, maybe it doesn't look good and needs to be upgraded, but he teleports just before he dies and Arthas's cloak falls off (only if you completed the secret chapter)
I didn't notice. Why, you may ask? Because I decided to let them kill each other and then I killed the survivors :xxd:
- We didn't know if the questlines were going to work as planned but in the end I think they turned out quite well, it forces the player to explore and pay attention to the details in each chapter and we wanted the reward to be in line with that requirement.
Good job in that regard :thumbs_up:
- I hate the reference to Zovaal, I personally was against it, but in the end there are three of us and in the end what the majority decides is done.
I don't hate Zovaal on his own. What I hate is that they decided to make him this mastermind behind everything and added little characterization to him.
- As Anetheron says, he had been trying for centuries to get a suitable pawn, so before Zarah'Shar there were many others, this is more detailed at the end of this part. And yes, many things could have bad come out and many may think that it was all a great coincidence, but we based ourselves on the most important story in the entire WarCraft universe, that of Arthas. Our reasoning was that the Legion's and Ner'Zhul's plan to use Arthas could have also gone horribly wrong. In the end, no one could accurately predict Arthas's decisions and influences throughout the third war. We know it's not comparable, but that was our reasoning.
True.
Once again, thank you very much for playing and for your review, as always, we really appreciate it.
Regards.
No problem. It's my pleasure :thumbs_up:

Level 23
Hope to see a human story to start with, looking forward to your next campaign
For now we're focused on this story, very soon we'll publish the last chapter of this part and we hope to publish the third part before the end of this year 2023. After that, we have several ideas to continue developing new stories in this same alternative line that we have created, one of those stories would be with humans, although that is going too far.

Level 23
> Last Monthly Update, February 2023 - v2.0 - Completed Second Part Released <

We have finally completed the second part of the campaign, for now this is all until the development of the third part is far enough along. To say that this last chapter is, from my point of view, really hard, so I advise to take it easy. We may add a reduced difficulty in the future, but for now we wanted to ofer it a real challenge.

Last edited:
Level 7
I tested the last map. The boss fight was nice. good concept.

Question: How to activate the side quest with the fire elemental in Dalaran underground (Part 2 Mission 3 i think) ?

Level 29
My review of Chapter Six

Grammar in the opening cinematic:
"... you have been recovering..."
"... inflicted on you..."

Lore:
-I don't get why Khadgar didn't simply trigger a gigantic explosion and then teleported. That way he would kill Xernobog without sacrificing himself, and he would be a valuable asset to the survivors later on
-Antonidas talks like there were a lot of survivors. How can there be that many survivors if the plague ravaged the continent, the High Death wiped out the Kirin Tor, and the Horde is walking around slaughtering the survivors?
-So, even if Khadgar was to kill both himself and Xernobog, what would that accomplish? The Eastern Kingdoms have already been ravaged, probably beyond repair, and Zarah would simply lose some soldiers that can easily be replaced. The only big loss would be Xernobog. Khadgar would sacrifice himself, Karazhan and so many Alliance soldiers simply to kill one guy?

Gameplay
-This map is 50% annoying and 50% difficult.
-Imagine my frustration when I had go back through that long corridor in order to get the two orbs. I wasted so many useful runes and lost four units for nothing.
-While the enemies are difficult, it's a pity that they don't vary from area to area. It's also a shame that we don't get to face some mini-bosses, such as the Shade of Aran or Moroes.
-I still haven't managed to beat Khadgar. I will try again tomorrow. It doesn't help that I foolishly dropped the Staff of Negation in the previous mission! :sad:

Level 23
My review of Chapter Six

Grammar in the opening cinematic:
"... you have been recovering..."
"... inflicted on you..."

Lore:
-I don't get why Khadgar didn't simply trigger a gigantic explosion and then teleported. That way he would kill Xernobog without sacrificing himself, and he would be a valuable asset to the survivors later on
-Antonidas talks like there were a lot of survivors. How can there be that many survivors if the plague ravaged the continent, the High Death wiped out the Kirin Tor, and the Horde is walking around slaughtering the survivors?
-So, even if Khadgar was to kill both himself and Xernobog, what would that accomplish? The Eastern Kingdoms have already been ravaged, probably beyond repair, and Zarah would simply lose some soldiers that can easily be replaced. The only big loss would be Xernobog. Khadgar would sacrifice himself, Karazhan and so many Alliance soldiers simply to kill one guy?

Gameplay
-This map is 50% annoying and 50% difficult.
-Imagine my frustration when I had go back through that long corridor in order to get the two orbs. I wasted so many useful runes and lost four units for nothing.
-While the enemies are difficult, it's a pity that they don't vary from area to area. It's also a shame that we don't get to face some mini-bosses, such as the Shade of Aran or Moroes.
-I still haven't managed to beat Khadgar. I will try again tomorrow. It doesn't help that I foolishly dropped the Staff of Negation in the previous mission! :sad:
Actually we didn't want to imply that there are "many" survivors, surely we didn't know how to express it well in English.

On the other hand, Khadgar's sacrifice is why he explains to Antonidas, he wanted to attract the attention of Zarah'Shar in order to evacuate the remaining survivors in different kingdoms before the High Death ends everything. And his death will "reassure" Zarah. Regarding what is said about Quel'Thalas (the only kingdom that is still standing) and that the Horde is attacking it, it is something that will be developed in the third part (we have had the Horde very far apart in this story and there are several things to clarify).

As for the difficulty of the map, we know that it can be annoying at times, but the key is to take it easy and double check things before rushing forward because it will surely go wrong. And regarding the battle against Khadgar, we know that it is quite difficult, it took me several attempts.

Thank you for your review, your comments have helped us a lot.

Regards.

PS: I knew that the corridor was going to piss off a lot of people...

Level 29
Regarding what is said about Quel'Thalas (the only kingdom that is still standing) and that the Horde is attacking it, it is something that will be developed in the third part (we have had the Horde very far apart in this story and there are several things to clarify).
Umm... I still haven't seen the final cinematic, so this is spoilers to me. It's a shame that Stormwind, Gilneas and Stromgarde apparently fell apart offscreen.
As for the difficulty of the map, we know that it can be annoying at times, but the key is to take it easy and double check things before rushing forward because it will surely go wrong. And regarding the battle against Khadgar, we know that it is quite difficult, it took me several attempts.
The problem is that we only learn that we have to gather the two orbs at the end of the corridor. A very long corridor that has that annoying anti-undead barrier that's always damaging my units.
Thank you for your review, your comments have helped us a lot.
No problem. It has been my pleasure :thumbs_up:

Level 23
Umm... I still haven't seen the final cinematic, so this is spoilers to me. It's a shame that Stormwind, Gilneas and Stromgarde apparently fell apart offscreen.

The problem is that we only learn that we have to gather the two orbs at the end of the corridor. A very long corridor that has that annoying anti-undead barrier that's always damaging my units.

No problem. It has been my pleasure :thumbs_up:
Sorry about the spoiler.

In principle, the idea we had with this second part was to do small missions in each kingdom but it was impossible for us to "summarize" everything without being rushed. So we made the decision to focus on wizards, we thought that in the given situation, the Kirin Tor and wizards in general would be the best defense for the Eastern Kingdoms. Anyway there will be a bit more lore about the other kingdoms in the third part.

And putting the dialogue that tells you that you need the two orbs at the end is a way of representing what Xernobog says in the opening cinematic, "this tower is a gigantic trap". Although I know that for the player who goes directly without exploring the other area first it can be very annoying.

Level 2
I realy enjoyed your campaign and mainly write this review to give you 5 stars ^^
I love the idea of evolving sidequests and hope you implement them in the third chapter aswell.
The last few maps felt kind of empty in comparison to the other ones especially when it comes to items. Yeah its a struggle to decide between items but its still fun to be able to build the charakter the way you want (Xenoborg could gather 6 items and there were none afterwards)

But thats pretty much everything i can complain about.
Again thanks for your campaign i realy enjoyed playing it!

Level 29
why was the project Suspended
IIRC, the author should have updated this campaign since Blizzard re-introduced the Custom Campaigns back in Reforged. However, due to the known issues in Reforged, most notably the constant game crashing related to custom models in Custom Campaigns, the project was ultimately abandoned.

Level 23
IIRC, the author should have updated this campaign since Blizzard re-introduced the Custom Campaigns back in Reforged. However, due to the known issues in Reforged, most notably the constant game crashing related to custom models in Custom Campaigns, the project was ultimately abandoned.
Who the hell told you that? It is not true and it has absolutely nothing to do with it.

why was the project Suspended
The project was suspended for personal reasons.

I realy enjoyed your campaign and mainly write this review to give you 5 stars ^^
I love the idea of evolving sidequests and hope you implement them in the third chapter aswell.
The last few maps felt kind of empty in comparison to the other ones especially when it comes to items. Yeah its a struggle to decide between items but its still fun to be able to build the charakter the way you want (Xenoborg could gather 6 items and there were none afterwards)

But thats pretty much everything i can complain about.
Again thanks for your campaign i realy enjoyed playing it!
Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked it. Although unfortunately there will be no third part, it's always comforting that there are people who enjoy the content.

Last edited:
Level 3
Hello.
Is the version still 1.31.1 ?
I put the campain file in C:\Users\USER_NAME\Documents\Warcraft III\Campaigns but still cannot see it in game.
I do use 1.31.1 by the way.
Anyone else having the same issue ?

Level 13
Hello.
Is the version still 1.31.1 ?
I put the campain file in C:\Users\USER_NAME\Documents\Warcraft III\Campaigns but still cannot see it in game.
I do use 1.31.1 by the way.
Anyone else having the same issue ?

:mwahaha:The version is the same and you are in a hurry. Look more carefully! The first time it took me a while to see the (second part) campaign in the list too - now the whole title is in white.

Last edited:
Level 13
Yep my bad, the download failed without me noticing and I copied half a campaign. Works fine now !

Firefox and some forks of firefox get this problem when downloading for reasons that are still unclear. The only thing I could understand is that the problem may or may not resolve itself. It's also not clear what causes it and there are many guesses - I've tried them all and none of them work for me. So keep an eye on your downloads.
I haven't had such problems with Chromium browsers so far.

Level 29
Ok, I finally had time to finish my review

Chapter Six:
-Khadgar was actually being quite easy to fight. The trouble only came when he started summoning those pesky spirits and water elementals, as well as starting to conjure those spells that forced me to destroy those generators

Apotheosis:
-Mike, how I missed your ugly rat face :grin:
-Why on earth are the orcs attacking the High Elves? They didn't manage to succeed when they had death knights, ogres and dragons, so why do they think that they can do it now?
-Wait, so at least 3 kingdoms evacuated to Kul'Tiras? Zarah is right. They will run out of resources very soon.
-So Khadgar wanted to sacrifice himself in order to fool Zarah. However, Zarah knows that they have evacuated, because, as she says, most of the kingdoms were empty. Khadgar is still an idiot!
-The Night Elves fled somewhere else. If they went to the Broken Isles, the Nagas will probably deal with them. If they went to Northrend, they will probably be caught in between the Scourge, the High Death, the Void and the Legion.
-I wonder if Tichondrius sacrificed Anetheron in order to fool Archimonde that the rest of the dreadlords are still loyal to the Legion.
-Mannoroth got killed by two orcs in the original timeline. I'm sure that Mike can deal with him quite easily.

Grammar:
"How is it possible?" --> "How is that possible?"
"Brother, have you called me?" --> "Brother, did you call me?"
"... frozen throne" --> "...Frozen Throne..."

Level 23
Ok, I finally had time to finish my review

Chapter Six:
-Khadgar was actually being quite easy to fight. The trouble only came when he started summoning those pesky spirits and water elementals, as well as starting to conjure those spells that forced me to destroy those generators

Apotheosis:
-Mike, how I missed your ugly rat face :grin:
-Why on earth are the orcs attacking the High Elves? They didn't manage to succeed when they had death knights, ogres and dragons, so why do they think that they can do it now?
-Wait, so at least 3 kingdoms evacuated to Kul'Tiras? Zarah is right. They will run out of resources very soon.
-So Khadgar wanted to sacrifice himself in order to fool Zarah. However, Zarah knows that they have evacuated, because, as she says, most of the kingdoms were empty. Khadgar is still an idiot!
-The Night Elves fled somewhere else. If they went to the Broken Isles, the Nagas will probably deal with them. If they went to Northrend, they will probably be caught in between the Scourge, the High Death, the Void and the Legion.
-I wonder if Tichondrius sacrificed Anetheron in order to fool Archimonde that the rest of the dreadlords are still loyal to the Legion.
-Mannoroth got killed by two orcs in the original timeline. I'm sure that Mike can deal with him quite easily.

Grammar:
"How is it possible?" --> "How is that possible?"
"Brother, have you called me?" --> "Brother, did you call me?"
"... frozen throne" --> "...Frozen Throne..."
Thank you very much for all your reviews, really, thank you.

Level 7
greetings. i saw and downloaded the updated bundle. one heck of a ride! i look foward to the final part. take it easy on yourselves, at your leisure.
regarding the alternative story telling of "what if". loved the grim dark feeling. felt a bit like game of thrones with characters you love to hate.. or hate to love hah :p . very well built custom campaign. no bugs to my knowledge, went smoothe as butter for me :). 5/5

Level 23
greetings. i saw and downloaded the updated bundle. one heck of a ride! i look foward to the final part. take it easy on yourselves, at your leisure.
regarding the alternative story telling of "what if". loved the grim dark feeling. felt a bit like game of thrones with characters you love to hate.. or hate to love hah :p . very well built custom campaign. no bugs to my knowledge, went smoothe as butter for me :). 5/5
Thank you very much for your comment, your rating and above all for having dedicated part of your time to play this campaign.

Level 13
Last Refuge how is this miracle overcome? I can't see a difference between Normal and Easy difficulty. Multiplied characters mages 10 level at the same time all over the map + support from ordinary mages a whole stun army can't push them, you can't even run away because they chase to the end, if you hide a unit on the map they find it, if they destroy all the buildings the game is over - it is not possible to guard a building because sooner or later 10 mages with 80 water elements will appear in front of your base.

Level 23
Last Refuge how is this miracle overcome? I can't see a difference between Normal and Easy difficulty. Multiplied characters mages 10 level at the same time all over the map + support from ordinary mages a whole stun army can't push them, you can't even run away because they chase to the end, if you hide a unit on the map they find it, if they destroy all the buildings the game is over - it is not possible to guard a building because sooner or later 10 mages with 80 water elements will appear in front of your base.
It is quite a difficult map, the difference between normal and easy is the number of enemy units. The only way to complete this chapter is to be very aggressive from the beginning, if you stay behind and start defending you will always end up losing, the enemy will end up overwhelming you in one way or another.

PS: Enemy AI will not rebuild buildings, if you break them they will not be able to create more units.

Level 13
It is quite a difficult map, the difference between normal and easy is the number of enemy units. The only way to complete this chapter is to be very aggressive from the beginning, if you stay behind and start defending you will always end up losing, the enemy will end up overwhelming you in one way or another.

PS: Enemy AI will not rebuild buildings, if you break them they will not be able to create more units.

I noticed that they don't restore the buildings, but everything and everyone is extra strong + they get serious reinforcements all the time. By the time I destroy 2 buildings and it's already full of mages and water elementals. If I manage to escape with my army, they are waiting for me where I left them and are gathering more and more. I tried with 2 armies - one with the hero to destroy buildings, the other to distract and smoothly retreat to the base. Eventually they destroy all the buildings and it's game over even though I managed to clear the left side of the map with the hero. There is simply no time and resources for more. I'm playing on Easy difficulty of course :).

I forgot to mention the second magic of the mages which with 2 waves pushes an entire ziggurat or with one wave the blood of all my units becomes half and they have maximum upgrade plus they are long-ranged like Mortar Team. Either I lose the ziggurats that I don't have the resources to restore and repel them 2-3 times or I lose half the units that I still can't restore. No matter how much I restore them with the Necromancers max per 3 attack with 10 mage and 30 water elementals and it's game over. You've really gone above and beyond on this level. There is no shop, there is no Scroll of Town Portal, there is no time to go back, but do we all go together - 3x10 level + at least 5 mages and 15-20 water elements + knights + priests and another part in almost the same configuration heads to the base or in best case gather not too slowly at a distance from her lightly attack until they gather enough to sweep everything.

Oh yeah and the auto Manna Shield on the 10 level ones.... Necromancers and units with stun are the key + archers but they can't match a wall of 2 rows of water elementals + super powerful spells. The level is for professional or semi-professional players. At least that's how it seems to me for now.

Hero spells: Immolation is the only one useful for battle, but it is very slow to get to. The rest are only good against the most basic units and they are the fewest. You should have split the chance if not 50/50 then 60/40.

Level 23
I noticed that they don't restore the buildings, but everything and everyone is extra strong + they get serious reinforcements all the time. By the time I destroy 2 buildings and it's already full of mages and water elementals. If I manage to escape with my army, they are waiting for me where I left them and are gathering more and more. I tried with 2 armies - one with the hero to destroy buildings, the other to distract and smoothly retreat to the base. Eventually they destroy all the buildings and it's game over even though I managed to clear the left side of the map with the hero. There is simply no time and resources for more. I'm playing on Easy difficulty of course :).

I forgot to mention the second magic of the mages which with 2 waves pushes an entire ziggurat or with one wave the blood of all my units becomes half and they have maximum upgrade plus they are long-ranged like Mortar Team. Either I lose the ziggurats that I don't have the resources to restore and repel them 2-3 times or I lose half the units that I still can't restore. No matter how much I restore them with the Necromancers max per 3 attack with 10 mage and 30 water elementals and it's game over. You've really gone above and beyond on this level. There is no shop, there is no Scroll of Town Portal, there is no time to go back, but do we all go together - 3x10 level + at least 5 mages and 15-20 water elements + knights + priests and another part in almost the same configuration heads to the base or in best case gather not too slowly at a distance from her lightly attack until they gather enough to sweep everything.

Oh yeah and the auto Manna Shield on the 10 level ones.... Necromancers and units with stun are the key + archers but they can't match a wall of 2 rows of water elementals + super powerful spells. The level is for professional or semi-professional players. At least that's how it seems to me for now.

Hero spells: Immolation is the only one useful for battle, but it is very slow to get to. The rest are only good against the most basic units and they are the fewest. You should have split the chance if not 50/50 then 60/40.
It's not as difficult as it seems, it's actually quite easy if you play fast, it all depends on the micro level you have. Break the wizard towers using the siege imps, use the butchers as tanks and some necromancers, the level doesn't require more. It does not require being a professional at all. The difficulty of this chapter has already been reduced in an update, before it was really difficult with wizards being immune to magic.

PS: Make sure you take advantage of the hero's abilities to mitigate damage, he was designed for that.

Level 12
After a long time i finally managed to replay and complete this campaign, i was away for some time and i couldn't play it when it was released, but i see the community helped with their feedback.

I can say that i really enjoyed it, the gameplay and the story did improve compared to the previous campaigns.

From what i have read i tend to agree the hardest mission was the one with the horse wizards that spawn water elementals, i did play it on normal and died a few times, but once you understand what you have to do it becomes super easy, spamming those earth/siege imps and thats it, you destroy the buildings and you win, i must say it feels really nice to get revenge on the pesky wizards after they killed me a few times :xxd:

I am not gonna write a review for this one since well... people already did that and i see you closed the project as well, anyway if you need help with testing for your future works i will always be here to give a helping hand :cool:2

Can't wait to play the next part of the story and any of your future works, keep up the good work my friend!

ups almost forgot to rate it, i can say it was better then The Legend of Mikokoro but not by much, i will give it an S Tier with 90 out of 100 points!

P.S. I forgot to say this, similar to Mikokoro i liked what you did with the second part, where every mission has its own unique music, i especially liked the choice in the secret mission with Arthas, i think that song fits so well with the theme of the story, the song having that tragic aspect to it making you feel sad and powerless for the events that are about to happen with Arthas losing his life, for some reason that song in that mission really stuck with me, great job with that one, i think i said this to you already, but besides being a good story teller and map maker you have a really keen ear/sense to music and how to make them fit in your stories, thats all i wanted to say, peace! :goblin_yeah:

Last edited:
Level 23
After a long time i finally managed to replay and complete this campaign, i was away for some time and i couldn't play it when it was released, but i see the community helped with their feedback.

I can say that i really enjoyed it, the gameplay and the story did improve compared to the previous campaigns.

From what i have read i tend to agree the hardest mission was the one with the horse wizards that spawn water elementals, i did play it on normal and died a few times, but once you understand what you have to do it becomes super easy, spamming those earth/siege imps and thats it, you destroy the buildings and you win, i must say it feels really nice to get revenge on the pesky wizards after they killed me a few times :xxd:

I am not gonna write a review for this one since well... people already did that and i see you closed the project as well, anyway if you need help with testing for your future works i will always be here to give a helping hand :cool:2

Can't wait to play the next part of the story and any of your future works, keep up the good work my friend!

ups almost forgot to rate it, i can say it was better then The Legend of Mikokoro but not by much, i will give it an S Tier with 90 out of 100 points!

P.S. I forgot to say this, similar to Mikokoro i liked what you did with the second part, where every mission has its own unique music, i especially liked the choice in the secret mission with Arthas, i think that song fits so well with the theme of the story, the song having that tragic aspect to it making you feel sad and powerless for the events that are about to happen with Arthas losing his life, for some reason that song in that mission really stuck with me, great job with that one, i think i said this to you already, but besides being a good story teller and map maker you have a really keen ear/sense to music and how to make them fit in your stories, thats all i wanted to say, peace! :goblin_yeah:
Thank you very much for everything, thanks to your help we have been able to improve our projects and little by little to make things better. And thank you for investing part of your free time in playing, commenting and rating, we really appreciate it.

Regards.

Level 2
hi guys im doing the campaign and rn i got stuck at the mission of the dalaran: i got 4 lever what i dont get the right steps among the colors.
but i love this one 10/10
how i can see which is the red and which the black color?

Attachments

• Képernyőfelvétel (348).png
    Képernyőfelvétel (348).png
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
Level 13
hi guys im doing the campaign and rn i got stuck at the mission of the dalaran: i got 4 lever what i dont get the right steps among the colors.
but i love this one 10/10
how i can see which is the red and which the black color?

Red - top left. Black - bottom left. The color of the other two is distinct enough.

You will find in what order to activate them by pressing F12 and carefully reading the quest logs so far. Apart from the game author, few of us could remember the exact activation order because it's been a long time. But on F12 you will certainly find it.

Last edited:
Level 2
Resyak, how can i complete optional quest "Tale of Forgotten Wizard"? I cant kill those sheep

Attachments

• 1685132232443.png
    1685132232443.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 14

nv4

nv4

Level 8
So I finally got the time to finish the last 2 chapters.
Sad that there'll be no part 3, but it's quite a good campaign nonetheless. The added chapters and interludes cleared some of the things I originally questioned, and some things are still left unanswered. But since there'll no part 3, I won't go into much details here. Overall, I'd say even though it started as an alternative Warcraft's story, it managed to make me feel like it's a distinctly original story. Especially considering all the would-be ties with the Legend of Mikokoro. So yeah, it's quite good.
Well, besides all the general things I mentioned in my original post, I don't have much to add. So here's a few things I thought about while playing the last 2 chapters.

Chapter 5
1) Funny how Xernobog "revives" necromancers from bone piles even though necromancers are technically still living and not yet undead.
2) I suppose those trolls were meant to be relevant to the story, but since this campaign got closed before being properly finished, this encounter feels rather random. Like, not even a dialogue or anything to indicate why they're here.
3) Man, what's with the magic immune units in this campaign? First there were sorcerers, but they got their immunity removed, and I expected I wouldn't deal with that shit again. And now there's basically an army of granite golems. Okay, I can deal with 1 or 2 in a "casual" way. But 4, or even more? Any attempt to fight them with melee units ends up with golems uttely destroying everyone with their AOE smash. So ultimately it boils down to using Xernobog as a single melee unit to aggro-tank everyone and backline of archers + casters to make things faster. Again, not a unit design I'd say I enjoy. Oh well, at least they don't throw boulder, so at least here's that.
4) Generators are so unnecessarily tough. It doesn't even make it harder in terms of difficulty, it just makes it unpleasantly tedious. I have no problem fending off ever spawning golems and elementals, I can even do it eternally even. So all it does is just takes extra time to finish the chapter, and it's not even entertaining at that point.
5) Undead Bolt is just a downgrade of Death Coil and I see no reason for it to be this way - should've been just the Death Coil. 125 single target damage for 50 mana would barely (if at all) affect the balance. It even has unchanged use hints - trying to use it on Sobere says "Must be used on enemy living units [...]" and trying to actually use it on enemies gives "Unable to target enemy units". Also, what makes it even more ironic is that Stangle Soul can be used even on elementals - creatures without a soul. Yet Undead Bolt somehow can't damage living units.
6) Also, why does an anti-undead magic field damage Sobere? Demons aren't undead, it certainly shouldn't be like this.

Chapter 6
7) And again unnecessarily tough generators. And this time it makes even less sense - there aren't even any enemies to protect them. Except for the boss battle. But here's the nuance with them.
Khadgar has 10000/(1-0.57)=23256 EHP, and the generator has 500/(1-0.75)/0.5=4000 EHP, so 4 generators have a total of 16000 EHP.
Generators can't receive crits and Furbolg's Claws provide 10% chance for x3 damage, that is (3-1)*0.1=0.2=20% average DPS increase. So if we "normalize" Khadgar's EHP by that value, it would be 23256/1.2=19380 EHP.
Then there's also magic damage that generators also immune to. Heart of the Earth deals 200 damage with 10 seconds cooldown, Spectral Scythe deals 300 with 5 s cooldown, Essense of Death 15 DPS and Strangle Soul 25 DPS. So factoring hero's 30% magic damage resistance, it's (200/10+300/5+15+25)*0.7=84 magic DPS. In reality, average DPS would be lower since it's almost impossible to cast every spell right off cooldown, and also one of Khadgar's spells burns mana so by the end of the fight there'd be no mana to cast Strangle Soul and Spectral Scythe.
And then there's also the fact that generators are placed in 4 distant corners of the arena, meaning it takes some time to simply walk up to each of them.
There's also Sobere with chaos damage, which doesn't have 50% damage penalty against fortified armor, but he can as well just attack Khadgar, so I'd say Sobere's DPS wouldn't make much difference.
So factoring above calculations and assumptions, I'd say it would take roughly the same time to destroy 4 generators as it takes to kill Khadgar, and generators' impact on the battle is basically negligible.
Now, what's the final verdict? It's absolutely not worth to even touch the generators, as it's simply faster to just kill Khadgar.
8) As for the boss battle itself, and Khadgar in particular - it was rather easy. Strangle Soul renders Khadgar unable to do anything because apparently he doesn't have any spells. So much for the great wizard. And even without Strange Soul, Xernobog with 100+ attack damage and 90% vampirism effortlessly outdamages Khadgar and his summons. Fighting a bunch of granite golems was harder (mainly due to vampirism not working when damaging the mana shield, but still).

Level 23
So I finally got the time to finish the last 2 chapters.
Sad that there'll be no part 3, but it's quite a good campaign nonetheless. The added chapters and interludes cleared some of the things I originally questioned, and some things are still left unanswered. But since there'll no part 3, I won't go into much details here. Overall, I'd say even though it started as an alternative Warcraft's story, it managed to make me feel like it's a distinctly original story. Especially considering all the would-be ties with the Legend of Mikokoro. So yeah, it's quite good.
Well, besides all the general things I mentioned in my original post, I don't have much to add. So here's a few things I thought about while playing the last 2 chapters.

Chapter 5
1) Funny how Xernobog "revives" necromancers from bone piles even though necromancers are technically still living and not yet undead.
2) I suppose those trolls were meant to be relevant to the story, but since this campaign got closed before being properly finished, this encounter feels rather random. Like, not even a dialogue or anything to indicate why they're here.
3) Man, what's with the magic immune units in this campaign? First there were sorcerers, but they got their immunity removed, and I expected I wouldn't deal with that shit again. And now there's basically an army of granite golems. Okay, I can deal with 1 or 2 in a "casual" way. But 4, or even more? Any attempt to fight them with melee units ends up with golems uttely destroying everyone with their AOE smash. So ultimately it boils down to using Xernobog as a single melee unit to aggro-tank everyone and backline of archers + casters to make things faster. Again, not a unit design I'd say I enjoy. Oh well, at least they don't throw boulder, so at least here's that.
4) Generators are so unnecessarily tough. It doesn't even make it harder in terms of difficulty, it just makes it unpleasantly tedious. I have no problem fending off ever spawning golems and elementals, I can even do it eternally even. So all it does is just takes extra time to finish the chapter, and it's not even entertaining at that point.
5) Undead Bolt is just a downgrade of Death Coil and I see no reason for it to be this way - should've been just the Death Coil. 125 single target damage for 50 mana would barely (if at all) affect the balance. It even has unchanged use hints - trying to use it on Sobere says "Must be used on enemy living units [...]" and trying to actually use it on enemies gives "Unable to target enemy units". Also, what makes it even more ironic is that Stangle Soul can be used even on elementals - creatures without a soul. Yet Undead Bolt somehow can't damage living units.
6) Also, why does an anti-undead magic field damage Sobere? Demons aren't undead, it certainly shouldn't be like this.

Chapter 6
7) And again unnecessarily tough generators. And this time it makes even less sense - there aren't even any enemies to protect them. Except for the boss battle. But here's the nuance with them.
Khadgar has 10000/(1-0.57)=23256 EHP, and the generator has 500/(1-0.75)/0.5=4000 EHP, so 4 generators have a total of 16000 EHP.
Generators can't receive crits and Furbolg's Claws provide 10% chance for x3 damage, that is (3-1)*0.1=0.2=20% average DPS increase. So if we "normalize" Khadgar's EHP by that value, it would be 23256/1.2=19380 EHP.
Then there's also magic damage that generators also immune to. Heart of the Earth deals 200 damage with 10 seconds cooldown, Spectral Scythe deals 300 with 5 s cooldown, Essense of Death 15 DPS and Strangle Soul 25 DPS. So factoring hero's 30% magic damage resistance, it's (200/10+300/5+15+25)*0.7=84 magic DPS. In reality, average DPS would be lower since it's almost impossible to cast every spell right off cooldown, and also one of Khadgar's spells burns mana so by the end of the fight there'd be no mana to cast Strangle Soul and Spectral Scythe.
And then there's also the fact that generators are placed in 4 distant corners of the arena, meaning it takes some time to simply walk up to each of them.
There's also Sobere with chaos damage, which doesn't have 50% damage penalty against fortified armor, but he can as well just attack Khadgar, so I'd say Sobere's DPS wouldn't make much difference.
So factoring above calculations and assumptions, I'd say it would take roughly the same time to destroy 4 generators as it takes to kill Khadgar, and generators' impact on the battle is basically negligible.
Now, what's the final verdict? It's absolutely not worth to even touch the generators, as it's simply faster to just kill Khadgar.
8) As for the boss battle itself, and Khadgar in particular - it was rather easy. Strangle Soul renders Khadgar unable to do anything because apparently he doesn't have any spells. So much for the great wizard. And even without Strange Soul, Xernobog with 100+ attack damage and 90% vampirism effortlessly outdamages Khadgar and his summons. Fighting a bunch of granite golems was harder (mainly due to vampirism not working when damaging the mana shield, but still).
Thank you very much for such a detailed review, we really appreciate it. The idea was always to create an original story from the original lore and I'm glad it's beginning to feel that way, it makes me very angry that we couldn't create the third part of this campaign or the second part of The Legend of Mikokoro, both, for different reasons, we ended up discarding them. But even so, this alternate history of WarCraft continue in the Sobere's Adventures campaign. Although obviously, many things have been left to the free interpretation of the player since they have not been specified.

On the other hand, I always find it curious how different the perception of the difficulty of the players is, for some, the battle against Khadgar has been extremely difficult and for others, like you, it has been the complete opposite. It's really hard to find a middle ground at this point.

Once again, thank you very much for investing part of your time in commenting and rating, regards.

Level 29
Khadgar on its own wasn't the problem. It was those annoying ghost wizards that come to aid him that there made this fight difficult for me. Without those summonable minions and the mechanics regarding the generators, Xernobog would win easily.

Level 2
For me, this game is too difficult.
It seems that if I don't know the ways that you expect me to play, I probably fail to finish the objectives in missions.
Thus, I have bad experiences for this game.
However, your map is overall of high quality.
So for me, I give you 3 stars.

Level 23
For me, this game is too difficult.
It seems that if I don't know the ways that you expect me to play, I probably fail to finish the objectives in missions.
Thus, I have bad experiences for this game.
However, your map is overall of high quality.
So for me, I give you 3 stars.
Could you specify which map you had problems with? Regardless of the rating, I could help you. On the other hand, all games require one to learn how to play, it's quite normal.

Regards.

Level 2
Could you specify which map you had problems with? Regardless of the rating, I could help you. On the other hand, all games require one to learn how to play, it's quite normal.

Regards.
Thanks for your reply.
Basically, the chapters that need to produce units and fighting are especially hard for me because you gold mines provides about 10000~20000 gold.
Then, I don't know how to produce sufficient units to against enemies with these limited golds.
Very often, I produce some but lose them quickly when enemies strike my bases.
I try to create skeleton first but seems their hit points are small compared to enemies. So, I often lose many of them.
Then, when I want to create beasts. I found I can't produce many of them and use up all resources.
I also try to upgrade to produce them but don't create any skeletons. But I found it's hard to defend my base with little number of units.
I'm not good at playing Warcraft III PVP. So I can't manipulate units very well.
Thus, in your design, I' m very overwhelemed to play these chapters.
Maybe, most of you are professional players in Warcraft III and you know how to deal with these situations.
But for me, it's very hard.
For your chapters without having to maintain a base, I can rely on the observations of enemies' behavior to overcome problems.
But I have to save games frequently because if I don't notice how they act. I often lose most of my units.
In these parts, although I have to try hard many times and save game, I can overcome most of them.
That's about the conditions when I play your campaign.
(By the way, I don't know why reforged version of Warcraft III frequently crash in odd situations.
Besides, your modules for Achimonde and Mannoth looks much better than the officai version.
No wonder the comments for Warcraft III reforged are almost negative...
)

Last edited:
Level 23
Thanks for your reply.
Basically, the chapters that need to produce units and fighting are especially hard for me because you gold mines provides about 10000~20000 gold.
Then, I don't know how to produce sufficient units to against enemies with these limited golds.
Very often, I produce some but lose them quickly when enemies strike my bases.
I try to create skeleton first but seems their hit points are small compared to enemies. So, I often lose many of them.
Then, when I want to create beasts. I found I can't produce many of them and use up all resources.
I also try to upgrade to produce them but don't create any skeletons. But I found it's hard to defend my base with little number of units.
I'm not good at playing Warcraft III PVP. So I can't manipulate units very well.
Thus, in your design, I' m very overwhelemed to play these chapters.
Maybe, most of you are professional players in Warcraft III and you know how to deal with these situations.
But for me, it's very hard.
For your chapters without having to maintain a base, I can rely on the observations of enemies' behavior to overcome problems.
But I have to save games frequently because if I don't notice how they act. I often lose most of my units.
In these parts, although I have to try hard many times and save game, I can overcome most of them.
That's about the conditions when I play your campaign.
(By the way, I don't know why reforged version of Warcraft III frequently crash in odd situations.
Besides, your modules for Achimonde and Mannoth looks much better than the officai version.
No wonder the comments for Warcraft III reforged are almost negative...
)
I understand what you are saying, if you don't know how to play the original title it is normal for that to happen to you, but that is no longer in my hands as the author. It would be a matter of learning the basics of the game and practicing a bit, you don't have to be a professional or even be a good player, but it does require a basic level.

Be that as it may, there is a lot of content on the forum, you will surely find campaigns with a lower difficulty.

Regards.

Level 10
Any way to stop the permanent stat penalties for Mike ? Look at this. It's ridiculous. I'm fine with him being utter garbage, but he's a main quest requirement, he dies with one attack in Chapter 3. Is this a bug or a feature ? I'm confused.

Attachments

• Screenshot (2154).png
    Screenshot (2154).png
    6.5 MB · Views: 16
Level 23
Any way to stop the permanent stat penalties for Mike ? Look at this. It's ridiculous. I'm fine with him being utter garbage, but he's a main quest requirement, he dies with one attack in Chapter 3. Is this a bug or a feature ? I'm confused.
Every time you die, statistics are subtracted, obviously at that point it is impossible to move forward. It is announced at the beginning of the campaign. The way to avoid that is to not die constantly.

Regards.

Level 10
Every time you die, statistics are subtracted, obviously at that point it is impossible to move forward. It is announced at the beginning of the campaign. The way to avoid that is to not die constantly.

Regards.
Got it, restarted the previous chapter and managed to win without any deaths using cheats. I love fighting those daemon final boss units who can oneshot Mike with one spell. when restarting the chapter that he died in and finishing it without any deaths, the next chapter begins with no permanent stat penalties.

Chapter 4: The Last Refuge: Those Kirin Tor "Survivors" certainly act as survivors, sending legions of armies every minute with three wizard heroes in toe. Guess all the previous chapters were for nothing, a waste of time. If they are still this strong. This was on "normal" difficulty, which seems more like "impossible" difficulty. I will restart and try "easy" difficulty. Maybe those Kirin Tor "Survivors" wouldn't have armies on the level of the Legion's whole army in Warcraft 3 universe.

Overall, the difficulty balance is ridiculous, but I love the campaign overall. Might comment on other things after finishing the campaign. I also like that the optional missions have consequences in the future, makes me immersed. However, I haven't reached a chapter where that connects. Gotta try beating the Kirin Tor Survivors who got legions of armies first on "easy" difficulty. I curse the main character for destroying Dalaran, I think it may have strengthened them.

Level 23
Got it, restarted the previous chapter and managed to win without any deaths using cheats. I love fighting those daemon final boss units who can oneshot Mike with one spell. when restarting the chapter that he died in and finishing it without any deaths, the next chapter begins with no permanent stat penalties.

Chapter 4: The Last Refuge: Those Kirin Tor "Survivors" certainly act as survivors, sending legions of armies every minute with three wizard heroes in toe. Guess all the previous chapters were for nothing, a waste of time. If they are still this strong. This was on "normal" difficulty, which seems more like "impossible" difficulty. I will restart and try "easy" difficulty. Maybe those Kirin Tor "Survivors" wouldn't have armies on the level of the Legion's whole army in Warcraft 3 universe.

Overall, the difficulty balance is ridiculous, but I love the campaign overall. Might comment on other things after finishing the campaign. I also like that the optional missions have consequences in the future, makes me immersed. However, I haven't reached a chapter where that connects. Gotta try beating the Kirin Tor Survivors who got legions of armies first on "easy" difficulty. I curse the main character for destroying Dalaran, I think it may have strengthened them.
A pretty funny comment, I don't know if it's as passive aggressive as it seems to me but anyway, do what you want. If it seems so ridiculous to you, don't play and that's it.

Regards.

PS: If you couldn't win the first chapters, forget about the next ones :xxd:

Last edited:
Level 10
A pretty funny comment, I don't know if it's as passive aggressive as it seems to me but anyway, do what you want. If it seems so ridiculous to you, don't play and that's it.
Nah, it's fine :xxd::xxd::xxd:. Just wanted to explain it that way. Nothing wrong with the blessings of the High Death from time to time, either.
PS: If you couldn't win the first chapters, forget about the next ones :xxd:
I'm on Act 2 chapter 4 (or whatever it is called. The chapter where I use The Reaper hero). I'll see about the next ones. If they are unbalanced too, then I'll have to use some blessings of the High Death. The Dreadlady never disappoints with her blessings.:ogre_datass:

EDIT: PS: Okay, I didn't expect the campaign to end that suddenly. I don't know, but it seemed abrupt. Anyways, it was a great custom campaign and I enjoyed it quite a bit, aside from the Kirin Tor Survivors who had legions of armies to spare every minute. Some mobs are also as strong as heroes, like the demonic units in chapter two that oneshot Mike with one spell. However, it didn't affect me that much aside from a small brain tumor.
5/5 excellent

Last edited: