• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III - Fall of Draenor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hey now, let's not brag.. just kidding.
Can I see a preview of some terrain? 'cause whenever people usually tell me they're great with terrain, they never actually show any of it.

Level 14
Omfg, i cant find it at my folder! :( I know, now you dont believe me :( but wait a sec i will search at other folders. :(

EDIT:No way!I can't upload it at imageshack cause i opened that with photoshop(whitch i dont have) and cant change it :( Well i will have to make new terrain, tommorow you will have a nice village :)

Level 8
Well, its tomorrow ;) Just kidding

Anyway, I have an idea for an orcish hero (uncorrupted):

The Grand Shaman: He is an elder with exceptional knowledge of the past, and a master of the shamanistic ways. He is able to predict the near future of his people, granting nearby allied units the ability to dodge a percentage of attacks. He can also summon the spirit of a wolf, which he may use as an ally (temporarily), or as a mount (the mount version of the wolf would die after he reahcs 15% health, or after a certain period of time). His Ultimate involves tapping into the spirits of his ancestors, and culminating them into a spirit army, which eventually dissipates after a period of time. His other spell calls down a short monsoon, which causes enemies to have debuffs on their armor, attack, hit percentage, and movement rate, and deals damage to buildings for a short duration.

Level 8
Yes, he would be the intelligence hero for them, or, if they have a second, one of them ;) And thank you, Cthulus.

Another Hero idea for the Uncorrupted Orcs:

Orc Commander: The Orcs are masters of commanding their underlings, and this guy is the perfect example. The orc commander's first ability allows him to summon 1 grunt permananelty, going up by 1 more grunt per level (this spell has a lengthy cooldown, and is deactivated after you reach High Upkeep). His second spell rallies his troops with a commanding shout, giving them bonus damage and an increase in attack rate and movement rate. His third spell is the Command Aura from WC3, unless, of course, you want a new aura, in which case, I propose Commanding Prescence, which is essentially the same as Command Aura, with, probably, some tweaks. His Ultimate is Commander's Charge, which turns him invulnerable for 10 seconds, gives him an increase in attack damages by 20%, increases his movement and attack rates greatly, and gives nearby enemies the Impressioned by the Enemy debuff for 2 minutes, which decreases their armor by 25%, their attack damage by 15%, but gives them and icnrease in movement speed by 30%.

Level 9
Movement increase so that they can run away.
The Commander sounds great too! Perhaps these two can be used for the melee component FoD will have later on. Make sure you keep these stored, it might be a long time until we can use them, but they're just fucking awesome..

Level 23
Joss, Grand shaman is great(mount idea is intriguing) but we should change the name. The Commanders name should be something like Chieftain.

There will buildings for melee races and some(only some)will be doodads.

dab

dab

Level 10
Ahhh.... Finally got home from the stupid school-camp-trip :hohum:

Well, this is how far i have come with it:
Draenor Loading Screen Preview_Hellfire.jpg

Level 9
Yeah, looking much better then before, dab!
The blurring is kind of annoying at one part, but otherwise it looks great.

Level 2
wooha :D this project seems to be really a good idea. i like the concept of focussing the "pre-warcraft" era. theres not a detailed description of the orcish conquest of dreanor, so you have much lore-space for designing a good story and i hope u use that well ;)

its good that you want to add much custom stuff such as maps, campaign screens and so on... but i did read somewhere in the thread, that the construction of the campaign screens is much effort, so why dont u just make some scenes with wow?

Level 1
This project looks unbelievable. I really hope you are able to see it through to completion and that you guys do the excellent work you are capable of. What chance is there to have voice acting?

Level 9
amaroxx said:
its good that you want to add much custom stuff such as maps, campaign screens and so on... but i did read somewhere in the thread, that the construction of the campaign screens is much effort, so why dont u just make some scenes with wow?

First off, the WoW side is overplayed, overrated, and belies what we're trying to achieve with our project.

And bloodclot, we will be using voice acting/actors. So if you want to try out maybe, check the front page for voices we may need. Maybe send a PM to myself or Alagremm, with an .mp3 or .wav file with a practice clip.

Level 9
It'll be a while.. Can't rush perfection! :D But expect maybe a demo or other released files in the coming year though, since we know we have got a lot of fans to please now!

Level 23
Its great to see that so many people are interested in the project! ^^
Right now we dont need voice actors, but I think we will find some when we will be making our demo.
I can also create a Guest book and a page where I will write about our progress on the project site.

Level 2
i read at your forum that you are thinking to stop the whole thing and convert it to starcraft 2.. is that true? i dont hope so :/

Level 9
amaroxx, to discuss that theory, that concept was merely a suggestion we received from a staff member, but no, we will not be halting production to wait to create it in Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty. Expect Fall of Draenor to be released for Warcraft: TFT exclusively, although we may consider doing a mod for Starcraft 2 in the future. No further comment on that rumor.

Level 4
ok im really good at quests and heavy storylines, check out dreadful message or against the darkness quests or my campaign Project Orc, but heres one up front

Quest: The Shattered = chain quest

You come across a wounded draenai sitting under a tree in blades edge, hes bleeding perfusly and barely strong enough to speak.
Draenai: I- I need it.... need it... Tell Orul. Find Orul in Nagra- *pants* Nagrand.... Find- AAAGH! *pant* Go!

Objective: find orul in Nagrand ruins *im a little scratchy on draenai lore... is nagrand destroyed yet?*

The Shattered: Part 2
You find an old broken in Nagrand *for Orul, re-skin Stormreaver nerco and add the broken face tenacles if u can*
You talk to him.
Orul: Yes, I am the one you seek... I always knew he would get into this kind of trouble some day... I think I know why he sought out me. He had his family killed by a terrible fel orc... after that he went for a shaman like me... and wanted something no draenai could have. Immortality. The only way he could have that is to imprison his soul in a mystical object, an orb held by me. That poor man then went out hunting every fel orc he saw, hoping to kill the one whom destroyed him... Shatterspear, I think it was... Anyway, the poor man is near death but can't die. Put him out of his misery, take this orb and give it to him.

The Shattered: Part 3

You reach The wounded Draenai but before you give him the orb he stops you and speaks
Draenai: No-... No don't kill me yet... Don't... Kill Shatterespear- Kill-GGRRRAAAAAAAH! Kill hi- him... Bring me his Heart... So I may see how BLACK-Errrrk! black it is!

Objective: travel through blade's edge mountains for Shatterspear

Shatterspear will be with a tribe of Fel orc berserkers and spearmen

You get his heart and bring it to him, then it goes to cinematic where he holds up his heart then grasps the orb and lets out a cry of pain, then dies

whaddya think???

Level 4
1. sry but notice the phrase 'heavy storylines' im good with real rpg things, but what kinda quests do you have in mind?
2. i am terrible with draenai lore, correct me on watever i say, and i thought by saying orcs (corrupted) u ment fel :/ sry :grin:
3. did u check out my stuff?
4. isnt unoriginal fresh and therefore good? or do u want generic shit that bores the hell out of me :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.