1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft III - Fall of Draenor

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Alagremm, Aug 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alagremm

Alagremm

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Fall of Draenor was planned as total game modification that includes totally new tilesets, four new races and 5 campaigns telling the story about the Fall of Draenor.
    You were able to see the world of Draenor before the First War.
    The storyline was set prior to the opening of the Dark Portal, in the times of the Rise of the Horde.

THE PROJECT IS CLOSED AS OF 01-31-2011

Playable races

Draenei - Race of masters of Light and magic. Originally eredar, they have run from their homeworld Argus under the leadership of Prophet Velen and the divine Naaru. Now Draenor is their home and they arent going to let it die. Excellent melee and spellcaster units.

Orcs - Shamanistic and peaceful, these brave and strong warriors are one with the earth, however they forsaken their ancestral ways and became masters of dark powers. Excellent melee, good ranged and spellcaster units.

Ogres - This brutish race of warriors serving their terrible Gronn masters has a low intellegince, which doesnt stop them from being excellent workers and warriors. However because of the low intelligence they dont have much spellcasters or ranged units.

Arakkoa - The mysterious birdman of Draenor are excellent assasins and archers. They are also good spellcasters, having mastered the powers of shadow given to them by Terokk. Masters of poisons and alchemy they arent very good in melee, however even the few of their melee units are considerable enemies. Good in sudden attacks, but bad in defence.

Sons of Gruul
    Ogre campaign
    Learn the true history of origins of the Draenor giants and see the peaceful world from the eyes of brutal race of ogres. Try to bring Bladespire clan to glory and make it the dominant clan. But this will not be enough... lead Dentarg, Cho'gall, Blackheart, Mogor and their forces to power!

Burning Shadow
    Orcish Clans campaign
    Draenor, the home of a peaceful race - the orcs. Be one of them as you will be the master of a peaceful orcish clan, living like all the other clans... until the Great Burning Shadow found the world and the cycle that orcs contuned has fallen... forever. See orcs forsake their ancestral ways and stand on the path to damnation! See the corruption of orcish race through the eyes of Ner'zhul, Orgrim Doomhammer and Durotan.

Light of the Naaru
    Draenei campaign
    For two hundred years this world was their home... Exiles Refuge. They lived happily, in peace... until they were forced to defend themselves from an unexpected enemy and make a choice... while the once peaceful race becomes the bloodfirsty Horde... now you must decide what to sacrifice and who to save. See Velen, Nobundo and Akama trying to save their people and the world itself.

Legacy of Terokk
    Arakkoa campaign
    They were here before the orcs... before the draenei. They built civilizations... but it was Terokk who showed them the true power! Or so it seemed... the arakkoa set out to find out what happened to the veils in different parts of Draenor and find out that the orcs destroyed the draenei... as they quickly send their kind to the safety to Skettis, they have to find the three relics Terokk left in the mortal plane. But soon an arakkoa would understand that all what they believed was a lie... lead Kirrik and Ikiss through Draenor in their quest.

Rise of the Horde
    Orcish Horde campaign
    The draenei destroyed... the world slowly dying... the orcs turn on their own kind in their twisted bloodlust. The demons are gone, as well as the power they promised. As Gul'dan continues to strengthen the Horde, it slowly weakens... until he found out that there is another world they can conquer... command him, his puppet Blackhand and other servants of the dreaded Shadow Council.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  2. rcshaggy

rcshaggy

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'll be glad to help.
    So are we using all of Dreanor in these Campaigns?
    Like the World of Warcraft Burning Crusade places?

3. Mulgrim

Mulgrim

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    my guess would be nagrand, hellfire, shadowmoon, blade's ege, and terokkar

4. Alagremm

Alagremm

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    We will use all of them of course you need to understand that before the destruction of the world Blades Edge Mountains were normal, shadowmoon valley was part of Terokkar Forest, before its corruption by Gul'dan. And Hellfire Peninsula was half swamp/half grassland. So there will be territories Terrokar, Shadowmoon(Terrokar and corrrupted), Nagarand, Zangarmarsh, Hellfire Peninsula(Normal and corrupted), Blades Edge mountains and Fields of Farahlon(Future Netherstorm)

We will use mostly a little edited normal terrains. The project will also support the WE, so you can make your own maps in it. Usually we will just edit such tilesets as Barrens for BE Mountains and Village + Barrens for Nagrand.

Yeah, I like Outalnd, but even more I like Draenor. Why is it destroyed? Why?

BTW Arrlong, what do you do?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  5. izaiphovias

izaiphovias

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey, Alagremm, i could help creating one of the races, i just need the models. I can asure you that i'm a good race creator, the Ice Elves you saw aren't my only race, the others i created are quite good, if you need someone to create any race, i'll be glad to help.

6. Alagremm

Alagremm

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Ok, however we need to find a building modeller to make many buildings for us.

7. Mulgrim

Mulgrim

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    i can do that

8. izaiphovias

izaiphovias

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Great!! I'll be much much much more glad if you let me create the Draenei race or the Ogre race (cus i already have one) ...

A litle off topic: Mulgrim, could you create a building for me? I'm needing a house, with Night Elven architecture but with some ice details... thanks, and sorry for this Alagremm XD

9. Alagremm

Alagremm

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Are you sure you can do them? How good are you in modelling?
    No worries xbacurix. Draenei race(my favorite) and ogre race will be done by me and all in the Race Creators. But you can have ogres. :D

10. Mulgrim

Mulgrim

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    il send some pics, my skinning skills are new and bad, also animating, so i should be ok for buildings (Oghu'gun, woo), also xbacurix, send me some pics, and i can't guarantee a good texture.

11. Alagremm

Alagremm

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Oshu'gun, heh? We will need it. It will need to be a big model so it would look normal on map.

12. Mulgrim

Mulgrim

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    here they are, i had to remove the ashbringer one from another thread, for some reason can't have them in both, and i didn't want to take another picture. also the ebon blade one was lost somehow, adn i coudn't get it back :(

Attached Files:

13. izaiphovias

izaiphovias

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Now, we have a lorekeeper, a race creator, and a modeler, good, one step foward. And if we can't find a programer, you can just make all of this a campaing Alagremm
    That, Forsaken Altar just need a statue on the top...
    What program you use???

14. Mulgrim

Mulgrim

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    i'm just trying to copy it from WoW, it's the one sylvanas is standing on, but a statue would be nice :) i'm using milkshape 3d. send me pictures of what you wanted me to do

15. izaiphovias

izaiphovias

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So, can you create Draenei building...?

16. Mulgrim

Mulgrim

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    of course, but i haven't seen the pictures of the the dranei buildings of draenor... actually they don't have buildings even in WoW, just crashed spaceships

17. izaiphovias

izaiphovias

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Uhm, some crystal based building would be good, don't you agree Alagremm, or you have something diferent in mind... but i think that they should have any crystal based buildings, and for the lost ones, WC already have some buildings (three), they just need more, and a building animation

18. Mulgrim

Mulgrim

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    so, should i be doing anything right now..? so i can get an early start

{EDIT}
    I
    bought the programs.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2009
  19. izaiphovias

izaiphovias

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, this is with Alagremm... xD
    But, where is he????????? =/
    I think we should discuss more about this, you know, to get more ideas, specialy we should talk with Alagremm, to know what he think and his ideas.
    Ah, and Mulgrim, you bought the modeling program or downloaded it?

20. Alagremm

Alagremm

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Hey guys, Im back, you did some discussing here.
    Mulgrim, I see you are a good modelller indeed. I still hope that we will find a programmer.

Mulgrim, you are actually wrong. There are plenty draenei buildings in WoW.
    Here are some examples:
    Shattrath City, the actual capital of the draenei.
    Telredor their fortress.
    Temple of Karabor better known as the Black Temple.
    Auchindoun the necropolis of the draenei.
    Telaar the home of the Broken, and the Abandoned Armory as a close-up.
    Their buildings are only in Outland.

We will also make some buildings for the Broken, and edit the buildings of the lost ones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.