• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III - Fall of Draenor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Fall of Draenor was planned as total game modification that includes totally new tilesets, four new races and 5 campaigns telling the story about the Fall of Draenor.
You were able to see the world of Draenor before the First War.
The storyline was set prior to the opening of the Dark Portal, in the times of the Rise of the Horde.

THE PROJECT IS CLOSED AS OF 01-31-2011

Playable races

Draenei - Race of masters of Light and magic. Originally eredar, they have run from their homeworld Argus under the leadership of Prophet Velen and the divine Naaru. Now Draenor is their home and they arent going to let it die. Excellent melee and spellcaster units.

Orcs - Shamanistic and peaceful, these brave and strong warriors are one with the earth, however they forsaken their ancestral ways and became masters of dark powers. Excellent melee, good ranged and spellcaster units.

Ogres - This brutish race of warriors serving their terrible Gronn masters has a low intellegince, which doesnt stop them from being excellent workers and warriors. However because of the low intelligence they dont have much spellcasters or ranged units.

Arakkoa - The mysterious birdman of Draenor are excellent assasins and archers. They are also good spellcasters, having mastered the powers of shadow given to them by Terokk. Masters of poisons and alchemy they arent very good in melee, however even the few of their melee units are considerable enemies. Good in sudden attacks, but bad in defence.

Sons of Gruul
Learn the true history of origins of the Draenor giants and see the peaceful world from the eyes of brutal race of ogres. Try to bring Bladespire clan to glory and make it the dominant clan. But this will not be enough... lead Dentarg, Cho'gall, Blackheart, Mogor and their forces to power!

Burning Shadow
Draenor, the home of a peaceful race - the orcs. Be one of them as you will be the master of a peaceful orcish clan, living like all the other clans... until the Great Burning Shadow found the world and the cycle that orcs contuned has fallen... forever. See orcs forsake their ancestral ways and stand on the path to damnation! See the corruption of orcish race through the eyes of Ner'zhul, Orgrim Doomhammer and Durotan.

Light of the Naaru
For two hundred years this world was their home... Exiles Refuge. They lived happily, in peace... until they were forced to defend themselves from an unexpected enemy and make a choice... while the once peaceful race becomes the bloodfirsty Horde... now you must decide what to sacrifice and who to save. See Velen, Nobundo and Akama trying to save their people and the world itself.

Legacy of Terokk
They were here before the orcs... before the draenei. They built civilizations... but it was Terokk who showed them the true power! Or so it seemed... the arakkoa set out to find out what happened to the veils in different parts of Draenor and find out that the orcs destroyed the draenei... as they quickly send their kind to the safety to Skettis, they have to find the three relics Terokk left in the mortal plane. But soon an arakkoa would understand that all what they believed was a lie... lead Kirrik and Ikiss through Draenor in their quest.

Rise of the Horde
The draenei destroyed... the world slowly dying... the orcs turn on their own kind in their twisted bloodlust. The demons are gone, as well as the power they promised. As Gul'dan continues to strengthen the Horde, it slowly weakens... until he found out that there is another world they can conquer... command him, his puppet Blackhand and other servants of the dreaded Shadow Council.

Last edited:
Level 23
We will use all of them of course you need to understand that before the destruction of the world Blades Edge Mountains were normal, shadowmoon valley was part of Terokkar Forest, before its corruption by Gul'dan. And Hellfire Peninsula was half swamp/half grassland. So there will be territories Terrokar, Shadowmoon(Terrokar and corrrupted), Nagarand, Zangarmarsh, Hellfire Peninsula(Normal and corrupted), Blades Edge mountains and Fields of Farahlon(Future Netherstorm)

We will use mostly a little edited normal terrains. The project will also support the WE, so you can make your own maps in it. Usually we will just edit such tilesets as Barrens for BE Mountains and Village + Barrens for Nagrand.

Yeah, I like Outalnd, but even more I like Draenor. Why is it destroyed? Why?

BTW Arrlong, what do you do?

Last edited:
Level 15
here they are, i had to remove the ashbringer one from another thread, for some reason can't have them in both, and i didn't want to take another picture. also the ebon blade one was lost somehow, adn i coudn't get it back :(

Attachments

• WoWabomination.jpg
    WoWabomination.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 2,658
  • Forsakenaltar.jpg
    Forsakenaltar.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 1,866
  • Greatsword of the ebonblade.jpg
    Greatsword of the ebonblade.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 2,779
  • The Ashbringer ms3d.jpg
    The Ashbringer ms3d.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 2,140
Level 23
Hey guys, Im back, you did some discussing here.
Mulgrim, I see you are a good modelller indeed. I still hope that we will find a programmer.

Mulgrim, you are actually wrong. There are plenty draenei buildings in WoW.
Here are some examples:
Shattrath City, the actual capital of the draenei.
Telredor their fortress.
Temple of Karabor better known as the Black Temple.
Auchindoun the necropolis of the draenei.
Telaar the home of the Broken, and the Abandoned Armory as a close-up.
Their buildings are only in Outland.

We will also make some buildings for the Broken, and edit the buildings of the lost ones.

Level 21
Well if you guys need any unit placing or cool quests made I'll be your man. I got some good ideas for quests.

Level 9
I can do some artwork, and I can do some mapping and so on. I can also do conceptual work for models if the need rises, as well. I really want to join a project 0_o

Level 23
Thanks to you all! :D
Mulgrim, Broken live either in lost one like buildings, or in the normal draenei buidings.
They either degrade and rule the lost ones, or live in old draenei buildings.
I guess in our campaign they will leave in heavily damaged, and loosle repaired draenei buildings as neutral, and as a force... I do not know yet.

We will mostly do quests bades on lore, but if we will be in need of a non-canon quest, I know who to ask ;)

Cthulus, great you can join. However we will need some serious artwork.
We will need to make new downloading screens, that look like the Blizzard ones, and we need to edit the WC3 logo, to make it... ours.
I made this, because of boredom(and I was testing the Warcraft font). Draenor fits perfectly, but Fall doesnt.

EDIT:
Added voice actors and Mok'Nathal to the description.
Did I mension that we will edit campign screen models? And use one that is made already.

Level 21
Well too be honest I thought up a lot of quests, but I haven't got the quest thing too work right for me.

Level 21
Well I am just wondering. Are we gonna use some of the Burning Crusade creeps for this Campaign? I'm not talking about the demons and the other races among Draenor not active on there before the Dark Portal was opened and what not. I'm just asking this, because I really liked the Burning Crusade and I was hoping to see a lot of them in this.

Level 21
Native Draenor creatures:
* Arakkoa
* Burrowers
* Colossi
* Draenei (broken and Lost Ones are considered native, though the original type is not.)
* Draenor giants
* Elekk
* Ethereals (not technically native, but present according to publicity materials.)
* Felboars
* Fel reavers (not technically native, but present according to publicity materials.)
* Fungal giants
* Gronn
* Nether dragons
* Nether drakes
* Naaru (not technically native, but present according to publicity materials.)
* Fel orcs
* Ogres
* Ogre lords
* Orcs
* Ravagers
* Rock flayers
* Shivarra (not technically native, but present according to publicity materials.)
* Sporelings
* Spore walkers
* Spore bats
* Warp stalkers
* Wrathguards (not technically native, but present according to publicity materials.)
* Netherwyrms (RPG)
* Fungal horrors (RPG)
* Phase spiders (RPG)

Level 23
Such creatures as Burrowers, Colossi, Wild Elekks, Fungal Giants, Ravagers, spore walkers and spore bats will be the creeps. Others you mentioned are either one of the races in the mod, or are the products of the worlds corruption and destruction. Many have come to this world from other worlds(not couting the draenei).
Draenor giants are extinct, so Im not sure if we will have them. Gronn will be an ogre campaign unit/hero, just as the naaru is a draenei campign unit/hero.
Im not sure about the rock flayers. They look really weird even for WoW.

Level 21
Such creatures as Burrowers, Colossi, Wild Elekks, Fungal Giants, Ravagers, spore walkers and spore bats will be the creeps. Others you mentioned are either one of the races in the mod, or are the products of the worlds corruption and destruction. Many have come to this world from other worlds(not couting the draenei).
Draenor giants are extinct, so Im not sure if we will have them. Gronn will be an ogre campaign unit/hero, just as the naaru is a draenei campign unit/hero.
Im not sure about the rock flayers. They look really weird even for WoW.

Alright. Sweet thinking there. We need a lot, but not too much.
I didn't like them either those Rock Flayers, but they look interesting.

Edit: Will there be any Dreani riding the Elekks? I know they do, but it would be cool to face a bunch of them.

Level 23
However they look like an intelligent race, what we cant allow.
Creatures without intellect that look like they have one, are bad.

BTW, Colossi will look more like the mounatin giants and golems. Their red crystal look in WoW was made by Kael who was experimenting on the Colossi of Outland.
Since they were normal back then, they should look normal.

Level 21
Will there be a quest where you have to kill a large Elekk going on a rampage like that Owlbear in Rexxar's Campaign?

It would be cool as well if we made the Elekks a different size and color for each level they have.

Level 21
Great idea! Thsi would be a good quest for the draenei.

Thanks ^_^;
Now what be a good name for a rampaging Elekk? Also too this Elekk should be larger than the other Elekk creeps and be like a bull with a attack power of 45 to 58 something and have the skills: Horn Bash (Bash), WarStomp, and Rage (Frenzy). Like this Elekk could be enraged by something as well and a Dreani Elekk Herder could say something like:

"Please your my only hope. Some of my Elekk have gone missing in the wilds and I seem to be losing them for a while now. I also seen a large Elekk by the name of (you add the name you want to have him here) that was very interested in my Elekk Herd. Please find this Elekk and see if you can find my missing Elekk. I'll reward you handsomely when you return"
or
"There has been word of a rampaging Elekk that has been found in the wilds."
I'll add more later.

Level 23
Yes. We will also leave only one azeroth unit model - medivh.
We will do many new doodads and new terrain types(Terrokar, Blade's Edge, nagrand e.t.c.).

EDIT:
Also there will be a feature interesting to lore lovers and WoW players.
Each campaign will start with a race introduction(History of the race) cinematic. It was inspired by the intro in WoW when you create a new character.

Status
Not open for further replies.