• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III - Fall of Draenor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Thanks! :D
But we need to return to the discussion.

I think that mercenary camps will be ogre and creature selling.
Shops will be mag'har and sometimes sporeling belonging.

BTW, we need to think about the flying units while we are looking for people.
Arakkoa will have differnt kinds of avian and kaliri.
Ogres - no idea.
Orcs - no idea.
Draenei - maybe some sort of flying platform with arhers or mages on it.

Level 21
Thanks! :D
But we need to return to the discussion.

I think that mercenary camps will be ogre and creature selling.
Shops will be mag'har and sometimes sporeling belonging.

BTW, we need to think about the flying units while we are looking for people.
Arakkoa will have differnt kinds of avian and kaliri.
Ogres - no idea.
Orcs - no idea.
Draenei - maybe some sort of flying platform with arhers or mages on it.

Ogres - They could use the ensare ability.
Orcs - Tamed some flying creature to Draenor?
Draenei - I'm going to look up on WoWiki and see if they have some kind of flying mount.

Level 23
They dont. They usually use Nether Rays in Outland, but as the name stattes they are Spore creatures mutated by the Nether.
I read that draenei have magic-powered flight.

I dont know who will be the orc creatures.
And ogres... ensnare is good, but dont they have to have a flying unit?

EDIT:
Nether dragons appeared after the world exploded, when the powers of the nether powered a clutch of Deathwings eggs in Draenor. He had a nice lair on an isle in Draenor.

Level 21
You know, how could a ogre ride on a flying mount? The ogre would crush it with it's weight even before the flying mount could get off the ground. I'm not saying that ogres having flying mounts is bad, but they could have some flying helpers.

Level 9
Not exactly, because you can just have them have indirect flying units, sort of like 'Where Wyverns Dare' as in, they gain them very late and not long before the end, so you can have them not be exactly part of the Tech-Tree.

Level 9
Dude, we are not going to copy CR. So no hangliders.
But the hawk sounds like a good idea. Maybe with a thing over it's head? (Think medieval hunting falcon) and with some markings on it.

EDIT: Also, I've decided to try out voice acting. Any ideas/lines you want me to try?

Level 23
Well we will need these voice actors:
-Draenei(male)
-Draenei(female)
-Velen
-Arakkoa(they wont have special campign unit voices)
-Orc(male)(we will mostly re-use WCIII orc quites)
-Ogre(we will mostly re-use WCIII ogre quites), all of ogre units
-Durotan(Thrall like voice)
-Gul'dan
-Other orc heroes
-Draenei hero(es)
-Sporelings(?)
-Mok'nathal(?)

More to come. We will also need to make sounds for some units and buildings.

Level 23
Fall of Draenor, because the orcs enslaved or killed other races, corrupted the lands and the Horde opened the Dark Portal which lead to the destruction of the world.
P.S.
The First War began when the Portal was opened and the Horde entered Azeroth.

Level 15
maybe we should just make different campaigns from which to advance the storyline, each featuring the main race (orcs, dranei, ogres, arrakkoa). that way we release content faster and leave people craving for more :) this would be our best second option.

Level 23
Im making the project website. What name should we use: fod.clan.su or fallofdraenor.clan.su ?
There are also variants fod/fallofdraenor.ucoz.com and fod/fallofdraenor.ucoz.org

BTW, nice idea. We can make the demo campaign with a single-player melee as a bonus in it. In demo will be the parts of the story that dont fit in the storyline properly, and could be used as the storyline for the demo, which would be an add to the real campaign.

Level 9
And I got together a group for voice acting (males) and possibly a few female.

EDIT: Mulgrim, that's a bad idea. Not all of us employ such programs. Also, Alagremm, I also think you should make a list of people who are definitely working on this project.

Level 9
Alright, motley crew.
The site will be posted tomorrow. So, everyone get your things packed and ready. We need everything to be prepared ahead of time.

Level 4
Hey, you guys seem to have an interesting project here. I'm quite interested in helping out on this project.

My areas of expertise:
-Editing terrain to make it more lively
-GUI Triggering
-Cinematics
-Loading Screen
-Dialogue between characters
-I can do various voices as well, so the voice acting thing sounds interesting.

I get on hiveworkshop a few times but not that often. Chances are I'll probably forget to check this post; so you can email me at: [email protected]

Level 9
Alright, you seem somewhat qualified!
Since I'm the Art lead, I want you to send me a few pieces of WC art to my email, and I shall rate them and assign you a temporary position until Alagremm denies or approves your role. Until then, you can be my aide XD

[email protected]

EDIT

You are NOT prepared!
Illidan

Level 4
Alright, you seem somewhat qualified!
Since I'm the Art lead, I want you to send me a few pieces of WC art to my email, and I shall rate them and assign you a temporary position until Alagremm denies or approves your role. Until then, you can be my aide XD

[email protected]

EDIT

You are NOT prepared!
Illidan

sorry, were you talking to me? I didn't send you anything, and I'll register on your site shortly.

Level 9
Don't worry, that was before Alagremm approved you, so you don't have to send anything anymore. Just make sure you post something in the art gallery, so we can see a glimpse of what you do. Welcome to the team, El_Suave. I noticed that you've registered already.

Level 23
WRONG! ^^ Hey guys, I just returned.
I'll try to do something with your account. Still, no idea why it doesnt work.

Its great that you all are keeping up the good work.
Yes, we do need a skinner mostly for the orcs and some of the doodads.

BTW, Im going to make the FoD banner tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.