• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III - Fall of Draenor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Do you know the loading screen with all Azeroth?
We need to make something like that, but with Draenor.
I'll post the maps that will show you how Draenor should look like on the loading screen in a few minutes.

EDIT:
The continent should have the form of Outland. However such places as Hellfire peninsula, firleds of farahlon and shadowmoon valley need to look like on this map(edited by El Suave)
There should be no Bone Wastes on this map, Blades Edge Mountains need to look like on the WoW map. So remember: Shadowmoon Valley, Helfire Peninsula and Fields of Farahlon(and the islands)need to look like and have sizes similar to the WC2 Draenor map.
Try making it look like WCII map,and the map from WoW.

Level 9
It would have been hard.. I could easily try it..
But it would look reeeally bad on-screen because of me having no scanner and only Photobooth to take pictures..

Level 31
NOES! You might be my only saving, since redrawing a map in photoshop almost is impossible

not really. If you know hwo to use liquify, use it to move borders and other landmarks, then if anything is warped to the point of looking bad, jut redraw that. Can reduce the amount of scratch work needed by 60-80%. Also, for this case, C'n'P should be your friend. Copy and Paste things like mountains, then just erase small bits of them and do some light redraw to give some variation.

Also, I like the soumd of this project. I have some models left over from my work on Warcraft 3 Chronicles and would be willing to share them.

dab

dab

Level 10
not really. If you know hwo to use liquify, use it to move borders and other landmarks, then if anything is warped to the point of looking bad, jut redraw that. Can reduce the amount of scratch work needed by 60-80%. Also, for this case, C'n'P should be your friend. Copy and Paste things like mountains, then just erase small bits of them and do some light redraw to give some variation.

Also, I like the soumd of this project. I have some models left over from my work on Warcraft 3 Chronicles and would be willing to share them.

Hm, sounds like a plan... even tho i hate CnP :S

edit: This is how far i have come:
LoadingScreenPreview.jpg

Last edited:
Level 8
Thanks, Alagremm. But I'd still like to know where I could be useful. I'm an extremely excellent writer, and I would like to help create the races, or maybe write quests for the campaigns, which is what I love to do, well, that and writing the storylines themselves.

@dab,

Looks good, but it seems to me liek all you've got accomplished so far is a cnp from WoW, with black and white borders around it made of segments of the cnp. I hope you're not finished ;).

Level 9
I'm going to drop the hammer, and dispense some indiscriminate justice.
I've been told I can be a total asshole when I get into the kill.

I like to speak my mind, you could say.

We understand that you think of yourself as a good writer, and I do not insult that. Instead, I merely state nothing more then what has already been said before and again by my colleague. First off, that although I think we have enough writers for such purposes as of now, and have no further need for more of that sort, I am, once again, the lowly Arts lead, so I pull out there. Alagremm will be the one to decide on that type of a momentous design and intent. I also, and yes, I am once again, a complete asshole and a very self-idealistic individual with good intent and unjustifiable means, find your self-description offsetting and a bit arrogant, as I said earlier. I know that this has no tie-in with not only the topic, or the setting. Highly uncalled for, and I give you permission and a green light to hate and flame me whenever you do desire.

Level 23
dab1996, continue, I believe that you can do it.
Joss, right now you can be active on the forums to help the project.
Cthulus, that a bit harsh, but you do have a point. Anyway, lets live in peace.
Teamwork is the most important part of the project! Alagremm

Level 23
Needs a lot of work, but I believe in you. Hellfire peninulsa needs to be half like zangarmarsh and half like nagrand. Shadowmoon Valley and Bone Wastes need to be like Terrokar forest. And Fileds of Farhlon(Netherstorm)like Ngarand.

Level 3
Hey, I saw you need voice help. Well, I'm not sure how to exactly paste my voice onto a map, but I'm sure you guys sure do. I have a good voice that I can easily alter. If you like. Just IM me at robotriddle pidgin.im is what I use. Or just pm me here. I can record them on a recorder and send them to you via email. Just tell me what you want them to say, and I'll say it. Tell me what action they are doing, what their feeling/emotion is at the momeny. (such as orc-battlecry-"For the Orcs!"-with a strong, brave/couragous voice.) Also this map looks pretty cool :p. I'd be happy to help out :D.

{EDIT}
Oh, also, I looked at the map. Are you doing a map that relates to before or after Legion Corruption? If it's before the map should be abit bigger, with more, predicted land. Draenor/Outland was torn to shreads. If it's after, then GG :p.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 8
@Cthulus,

I'm not seeing how I was arrogant. The only thing I said that promoted my skilsl in any way was that I am a good writer, one of the only things I ever say is good about myself, as I am a huge pessimist.

Anyway, about the picture:

Since this is before the destruction of Draenor before it becomes Outland, it would still be in the shape of a planet, so I would erase the huge rocks underneath the part of Draenor revealed here, so it seems to just be a part of a planet, and not the remains of a cataclysmic nethersplosion (copyrighted word. If you use it, I will hunt you down and shove honey in your ears o_O ... You have been warned).

@Robotoroberto,

Dotn double post, dude. I only ever did it once, and I got neg repped for -3 :( . Use the edit button to brign your posts together.

EDIT (after Robo's post): Damn, you typed my pointwhile I was typing it up ^^'

Level 3
@Cthulus,

I'm not seeing how I was arrogant. The only thing I said that promoted my skilsl in any way was that I am a good writer, one of the only things I ever say is good about myself, as I am a huge pessimist.

Anyway, about the picture:

Since this is before the destruction of Draenor before it becomes Outland, it would still be in the shape of a planet, so I would erase the huge rocks underneath the part of Draenor revealed here, so it seems to just be a part of a planet, and not the remains of a cataclysmic nethersplosion (copyrighted word. If you use it, I will hunt you down and shove honey in your ears o_O ... You have been warned).

@Robotoroberto,

Dotn double post, dude. I only ever did it once, and I got neg repped for -3 :( . Use the edit button to brign your posts together.

Right, sorry. Don't really care about -rep or wtv.. But I did quickly notice something wrong, and reply button was quicker ><.

Level 8
You dont understand lol >.< Double posting is against the rules. Do not do it!

{EDIT}
Alagremm, I still cant login, even though I even looked at my own profile! I'll keep trying, but...I dont know...

Last edited by a moderator:
Lulzy Corcoach, WoW model are da forbidden! :O

They are forbidden to be posted at THW, but free to use in your map, as free as it is to edit WC3 models.

Yeah! Plus they dont have portraits and some animations and look weird in WCIII.

Portraits can be added in half a second. :wink:
about the anims...well i dunno...

Status
Not open for further replies.