• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III - Fall of Draenor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Orc-Of-Azeroth, stop running your mouth. I don't like your tone, and certainly not all that "heavy storylines' im good with real rpg things" crap. You calling our storylines weak? Seriously, shut up and stop please. ragingspeedhorn, thanks!

Interesting project. I have something to complain about, though...

Orcs and Ogres are too close to be different races in my opinion...like...they have nearly the same personality...
Draenei are talented and calm, Arakkoa smart and cunning, but Orcs and Ogres are almost the same thing.
In Wc2 ogres and orcs are in the same race, for instance.

They may be different in some details, but these don't make it enough to make them two different races with different profiles, imo.

Level 9
Interesting project. I have something to complain about, though...

Orcs and Ogres are too close to be different races in my opinion...like...they have nearly the same personality...
Draenei are talented and calm, Arakkoa smart and cunning, but Orcs and Ogres are almost the same thing.
In Wc2 ogres and orcs are in the same race, for instance.

They may be different in some details, but these don't make it enough to make them two different races with different profiles, imo.

Well, you're thinking of the Orcs of the Horde. The Orcs back from old Draenor were peaceful, intelligent enough and a calm, spiritual people. They were content with living peacefully everyday with the Spirits and Ancestors they worshipped.

I don't know a thing about WoW. The good ol' orcs will always be the lunatics from WC2. ;/

The race that sounds spiritual, intelligent and calm for me is the Draenei. (I can't imagine an orc in a white robe, meditating)

Races can have same personality, it's not a big deal... but it is more like a consistency issue to have each with a different behaviour.

Level 9
Well, this has nothing to do with WoW first off. WoW is set many years later, after Warcraft 3, right?

And the Draenei were exemplary for some Orcs. Otherwise, the Orcs were very spiritual.

Level 23
Its great to see people interested in the project, and thanks to you all :D
Orcs differ from ogres, its just in WCI,II and III they didnt have much backstory, so people thinked of them more like of big orcs.
Orcs were peaceful(but good fighters), and unlike the draenei were shamans. Those races differ, though in the campign they will help ogres and ally with them sometimes.

Only exception to that thing about orcs and ogres is when orcs will become corrupted and bloodlusty in the campign(and maybe the melee), and that makes them similar to ogres in some ways.

Level 4
OK sry, im just a little frustrated. no ur storyline is not weak its just not rpg-set-into-the-gameplay-and-quests-experiance kinda thing, as far as i can tell its more of a mass battle thing like in wc3 map gameplay. feel free to correct me. rpg is wat im better at. sry for the yelling but im asking again what kind of quetss do you want in ur game

Level 5
there is not a lot know about the Orcs befor they became evil because the only thing they did was Hunting, Battle Ogres and Celebrait The Kosh'harg :D maby something to add when you do Horde befor corruption

dab

dab

Level 10
Kay, here we go:
DraenorLoadingScreen.jpg

Level 4
ok let me shoot at this again:

Ogre Campaign

you see a large brutish ogre sitting under a simple tent
Ogre: Rok'mar hungry, Rok'mar tired! You get tasty sporebats? Rok'mar give Smashy club!

simple short and sweet, u need to kill Green Sporebat Hatchlings around Rok'mar's tent and gather 10 Sporebat wings to Rok'mar then he give you Brutish skullcrusher (club, if ur doing this so weps dont stack this is 2 handed)

Orc Campiagn

You see a shaman hold varoius runes
Oruk: Damn! My runes!!! I was attacked by a ferocoius Rockflayer (if u dont use rockflayer, then a fungal horror and make you go around a bug mushroom forest) who stole my rune of fire! Now I can't conduct my summoning! Please find and kill it so I may have my rune! I will give you my gold if you find it, he ran in that cavern to the east!

you find the cavern full of white and red Rockclaw Flayers when you reach the end and a huge purplish one comes out named Jadestone comes out and atacks the hero boss style, then it drops the rune and you escape getting teh reward of 300 gold

try these out

Level 2
as im not into all that WoW stuff (i never played it and wont change this), ive got a question about the draenei. will they be the "real" protoss-like draenei, the lost ones from wc3tft, the broken ore a mix of them?

Level 9
Hm, the spell was a great job!
But can you do any programming? Although maybe you could help triggering for spells.

Level 9
Well, you'd have to ask Alagremm when he's online.. He just says that and doth not elaborate :p Or maybe Mulgrim.

Level 23
Because we will need either to totally edit the normal .mpq, or make a new one, in which we will store the needed models. All the other models will be deleted to lower the filesize, though I think we can leave the normal wcIII models too.
And answer to your question, because we will need to reset much. Mostly because we will have much new models that will be used ingame.
Lets just say I dont know much about modding and progarmming myself.

Level 49
Meh, I think that Aestethics doesn't quite gets the idea of a "mod". So I thought I'd just explain a bit... What they are doing is a "completely new WC3", as in, a game, and not a map or campaign. So to say, when you click on Single Players and then on Campaign you will see Ogre, Draenei, Arrakoa etc campaigns... And, if you open the World Editor you will see all custom units and races, like instead of humans you'll see "Draenei" and instead of night elves you'll see "Arrakoa" etc... And all new tilesets and creeps and all.

I hope I made it clear enough.

Level 2
i'm starting to think we should just do a campaign, replacing the entire mpq will take years.

and welcome to the new triggerer

i think you are right..
i mean.. your plans are HUGE. four entire races, fully playable and balanced, altered graphics for almost the whole game including tiles and doodads, a blizzard-style campaign with a good story - thats hard work. and you are not blizzard ;)
i do not doubt that this project can become really amazing and a wonderful game, but modeling, mapping, storywriting and getting all this well together - and thats the core of the project - should be enough effort. with a custom exe and altered menu the game wouldnt be THAT better, but your work would be MUCH harder.

Level 49
Meh, when I'll learn modeling a bit more than nearly static submarines and attachments, I'll gladly try to help out :)

But really, you can ditch Ogres and Arrakoa, as there is no lore about them(almost). This being said, Orcs and Draenei will be a hard enough challenge to balance anyways, even without the other two races. Now think how hard Blizzard was working on balancing the already existing four races... You can use Ogres and Arrakoa as main figures in the orc\draenei campaigns or something, but really, their own melee race and campaign is a bit too much :/

Oh, almost forgot. You can add the ogres as some sort of a "bonus" campaign(You could release it as a "demo", but also add it like Blizz added the Rexxar campaign).

Level 23
Exactly what I was thinking about. Draenei and orcs actually are the main campaig charcters, and it bugs me to think about it. However ogres wont be ditched because they have the tutorial campign that exlains some parts of the storyline. Arakkoa however will have only a few mportant things to do, and mostly will evacuate their people, but the most important thing in their campign is observing the battles of orcs, so that player woud not get too distrcted, however arakkoa will have a small campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.