Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Campaign] Warcraft 2 campaign (reforged)

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by ShadiHD, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Stefan.K

Stefan.K

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    You guys put more efforts in this campaign, than all team of reforged into a game. I'm impressed, really.

2. ShadiHD

ShadiHD

Resources:
    Maps:
    Reforged HD Models:
    Resources:
    2nd teaser released, please check main page!

3. Mr.Goblin

Mr.Goblin

Art and Graphic Design Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    FREAKING AMAZING! LOVE IT.... question though = aren't orcs brown at first? and the fel made them green? or it'S just something made-up by the Warcraft movie? Aka = shouldn't the Frostwolf clan be brown insted of green?

4. stein123

stein123

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    They were already green when the dark portal opened, orcs became green by drinking directly from mannoroth's blood, but also by exposing themselves to Guldan's fel, and if i recall, most of the clans, even the ones that didn't drink, were already exposed to it (the only orcs that remained brown were the ones quarentined by redpox inside Garadar)

5. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looking forward to the next teaser! Perhaps a "beastiary" for High Elves, Wildhammer and Bronzebeard Dwarves, Ogres, and Amani

or perhaps even Moonguard Night Elves in Tomb of Sargeras area

6. Vidovit

Vidovit

Resources:
    Resources:
    This just popped up on my yt recommendations!

Looks really good and promising; looking forward to more updates :)

7. paulH

paulH

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Just watched the latest video, I'm very impressed. I can't see what you guys cook up for Goblins, Trolls, Ogres, High Elves, Dwarfs and Gnomes

8. papastreck

papastreck

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow guys! This project is my dream come true! I will gladly follow its development.

9. Goffterdom

Goffterdom

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello guys :)

Can't wait to see your take on Wc2 Campaigns which I played when I was a kid (not sure I mentioned that before).

In any case, this project has grown quite a lot since I last checked, it's really promising!

Keep up the good work!

10. Horgian

Horgian

Resources:
    Resources:
    Will there be any way to play Chronicle of the second war style custom games ? (Melee ?)

11. Land Eater

Land Eater

Resources:
    Resources:
    t's funny. How much can Warcraft 3 add to Warcraft 2? I was pleased with the completed campaign missions. Am looking forward to the release of the final version for the game. The only bad thing is if you make the events of the Orc and Human campaign the same as in the original Warcraft 2. Because in Warcraft 2, one plot breaks the other. Orcs must not take over Lordaeron. They must run. Run as far as the Dark Portal itself. And the great battle in the burning steppes that ended the second war.

12. Tamplier777

Tamplier777

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Reforged HD Models:
    Resources:
    Yes. I will give a Spoiler and say that Orcs won't have lordaeron siege mission) Orc campaign ends up with cinematic of Lordaeron Siege started.
    And human Campaign will have Dalaran and Lordaeron siege in first missions. So that is the point where WC2 is smoothed with actual wc3-wow Lore.

Nope. You can check melee purist map of @antontama Warcraft II: Reforged Melee v1.23

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
  13. Land Eater

Land Eater

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, then good people are involved in the project. I really believe you do what you want to play. I wanted to give you advice. Units do not regenerate health by default like in Warcraft 2. I liked this idea. But what happens if you give the trolls this ability? Let's say with upgrade in Barracks. Perhaps you will do this after the 4th mission. So I don’t know.

14. ShadiHD

ShadiHD

Resources:
    Maps:
    Reforged HD Models:
    Resources:

the Tech-tree and Units are a hybrid of WC2 and WC3 systems, Trolls will have their regenerate ability, you'll just have to wait and see, don't worry, everything's put into detail :D

15. Evilhog

Evilhog

Resources:
    Resources:
    Speaking of voice acting: I noticed that in the beginning of a mission the character of Rend Blackhand quotes the texts of original WC2 mission briefings almost word-by-word. Unless you are going to completely overhaul the scenario (and replace Rend with someone else), I suggest contacting the original voice actor, who provided character voices and narration for WarCraft 2. I am, of course, talking about the former Blizzard producer and Vice President Bill Roper. He's a really cool guy and I'm sure he will be glad to help you with the project.

16. Reaver

Reaver

Resources:
    Resources:
    Someone published this just 2 hours ago.

17. K Red

K Red

Resources:
    Resources:
    So Hillsbrad is impossible? Or if not impossible, just extremely tedious. I've thrown wave after wave against the only way in and they just get slaughtered. Got tons of resources but an hours-long battle of attrition bereft of any strategy is super boring.

Love levels 1-3 though, lots of fun additions and the spirit of the original game still came through. I really like the attention to detail and I'm looking forward to how the whole thing hashes out.

Hillsbrad is just a miss in its current form.

18. ShadiHD

ShadiHD

Resources:
    Maps:
    Reforged HD Models:
    Resources:

while it's unfortunate that it was a hard for you, but trust me, there are multiple strategies to win this mission, instead of Zerging the Town, hit and run, pull out the defenders closer to the beach, then kill them in groups, after you feel that the defenders dwindled, invade the town and enjoy the slaughter!

19. Vibe

Vibe

Resources:
    Resources:
    Your custom campaign has attracted some attention in Chinese media, and NetEase’s social media accounts have liked some of your content. I think this is a very good trend, which means that players are looking forward to new content like this.

This inspired me, maybe every project in preparation needs an attractive promotional video to win more attention. This will also make more people in the forum willing to help this project.

20. ShadiHD

ShadiHD

Resources:
    Maps:
    Reforged HD Models:
    Resources:
    this is good news! can you give us a translated article as an example?