• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ujimasa Hojo's Resources Discussion

Level 7
I still throw my vote into Tauren buildings and units. We lack both, quite a bit. They are such an amazing race and could be quite something with more resources.

Yes, Tauren buildings would be nice; Here are two models from XGM to give some ideas.

123123.png
3332_1.gif

I have found this also: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/requests-341/tauren-buildings-orc-rewrapped-buildings-256735/

attachment.php

Level 8
Ominous Horizons?

I can't speak for everyone, but I would definitely use those resources if they were complete. They're missing proper portraits and a lot of the animations are very robotic.

It may also be because I'm way too picky, but that's really the only way I'll personally use resources. :x

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I can't speak for everyone, but I would definitely use those resources if they were complete. They're missing proper portraits and a lot of the animations are very robotic.

It may also be because I'm way too picky, but that's really the only way I'll personally use resources. :x

Those models were so ugly and un-wc3-like. Ew.

My opinion, those doesn't look wc3ish, but with the main work done, you need a dedicated animator to work the very obvious clashes in the models, after that the rest it's easy.

For example weapon that move out of time, rename animations, some bones adjunted to the wrong part of the mesh.

Time consuming.

Yeah, basically impractical.
Yeah, I'm not under any apprehension that the Ominous Horizons resources are good to port directly into Wc3; as much as I love it, I was always a bigger fan of the ideas; they were intentionally differentiating themselves from the Wc3 look & making their own thing ("total conversion").

That's the models & animations, at least. But I was talking about the textures; you mentioned a lack of 'other colors' for the Tauren, and IIRC there were some good textures in the OH pack with different colors.

Level 27
Funny, omminous horizonts have hidden model in the texture folder a lizard like one that Kyrbio is requesting since the beggining of the times, talking about that, i Remember that Siniester X created Bulldog models long time ago, and the Matrix eater have a feature to blend animations.

So DK riding bulldogs could be a neat adition to any race xD.

Level 10
Can we utilize the panther or tiger from NE units as a melee unit mount? Like a Demon Hunter or Death Knight on a panther. That would look sexy.

Level 21
Also,who is going to handle the cataloging now that Shar Dundred has left?If nobody else volunteers I wouldn't mind doing it

Level 60
January Update

• Illidan Stormrage V1.00 (Hybrid) – Night Elf
  • Huntress V2.00 – Night Elf
  • Huntress (Bow) V1.00 – Night Elf
  • Death Knight V2.00 – Undead Scourge
  • Arthas Menethil (Evil) V2.00 – Undead Scourge
  • Arthas Menethil V2.03 – Human
  • Proudmoore V2.01 – Kul Tiras
  • Hunter V1.05 – Kul Tiras
  • Hunter V1.01 – Gilneas
  • Arthas Menethil (Mounted) V1.00 – Human
  • Jaina (Mounted) V1.00 – Human
  • Druid of the Grove V1.00 – Night Elf
  • Sentry V2.00 Night Elf

Also,who is going to handle the cataloging now that Shar Dundred has left?If nobody else volunteers I wouldn't mind doing it

You sure he left?

Anyways, I have studies again so output in the coming months will be reduced.

Level 19
Ultimasa, could you please make a category you just put the optimised models? SOme people might find it usefull (like me). Its easier than openning everything and taking them out of the packs. Could be just my lazy side talking tho.

On anoher note, what you do is awesome. We are always in lack of buildings, even if some are just recolors, they look different enough to not be confused with the original. The simple unit and hero edits are also fun.

Level 8
Ultimasa, could you please make a category you just put the optimised models? SOme people might find it usefull (like me). Its easier than openning everything and taking them out of the packs. Could be just my lazy side talking tho.

On anoher note, what you do is awesome. We are always in lack of buildings, even if some are just recolors, they look different enough to not be confused with the original. The simple unit and hero edits are also fun.

I agree. We don't need new fancy buildings, just recolors or slightly changed buildings to fit other races are amazing. Themes are important in race creation - very important.

Level 60
*Raises hand

May i ask how you did the mounted Jaina model, i'm working in an Arthas based model and want to add and alternate form where the model is on a horse.

I took the Jaina model, reworked her cloak into a cape, added the Archmage horse, and then gave her the Death Knight animation.

I agree. We don't need new fancy buildings, just recolors or slightly changed buildings to fit other races are amazing. Themes are important in race creation - very important.

The reason why I decided to move on from buildings to units is because I have no idea for buildings at the moment. As for the packing, I can't have too many packs because my pastebin would be too crowded.

Yes,he even deleted all his resources

If you're talking about the rewraps I had at the model section, the mods retroactively rejected those which is why i moved them here.

As I have said before, the coming months will be too busy for me so don't expect much.

Level 12
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 60
Finally someone agrees with me. We need to continue the Iron Horde section and make units. Fuck night elves and shit like that.

Everytime you post about the Iron Horde, I push back doing them by a month. You'll be seeing them in 2050 :wink:

On a more serious note, I'm having trouble squeezing in modeling given my hectic schedule. I haven't done anything since the last update. Current semester ends in June so there's that.

Level 14
Everytime you post about the Iron Horde, I push back doing them by a month. You'll be seeing them in 2050 :wink:

On a more serious note, I'm having trouble squeezing in modeling given my hectic schedule. I haven't done anything since the last update. Current semester ends in June so there's that.

What are you studying, Hojo? Also, have you thought about getting another member on board, e.g. creating a team?