• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Ultimate Terraining Map 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
This is absolutely amazing! i wish i would have known this BEFORE i started one of my maps! props to all the authors!

Level 34
You never want to start a map using the UTM. I did once, it screwed me over. You wind up having a whole wack of models that you don't use and they just eat space. It's much better to import them from UTM. Unless you are terraining for art. Then use UTM.

You never want to start a map using the UTM. I did once, it screwed me over. You wind up having a whole wack of models that you don't use and they just eat space. It's much better to import them from UTM. Unless you are terraining for art. Then use UTM.

UTM is useful for cinematics though. :p

But yes, you usually do have a lot left over, but you can always fix that. It just takes a while. But it is probably easier than just adding each one manually and assigning it values etc. in the object editor. :ugly:

Level 34
Also nothing has pathing. I spent and eternity trying to make everything have it's proper pathing.

Level 34
No way. It's easier to add than remove. I did it your way, and it's hell. I used like thirty, and I had to remove a hundred, probably a few hundred (I never finished, gave up pretty fast).

No way. It's easier to add than remove. I did it your way, and it's hell. I used like thirty, and I had to remove a hundred, probably a few hundred (I never finished, gave up pretty fast).

The annoying part is mainly the object editing. Deleting is fast, except for the stupid f'n "Do you wish to Delete this?" sh*t. I mean, it is sometimes a life saver, but rarely.

Level 9
The annoying part is mainly the object editing. Deleting is fast, except for the stupid f'n "Do you wish to Delete this?" sh*t. I mean, it is sometimes a life saver, but rarely.

I'm not sure exactly what part of the editor you're deleting stuff in but I've found that in most cases the enter key is set to default to "yes". This means if you're going on a deleteing spree you can just hold down the enter key while you delete things and you won't have to do the mousework.

Level 28
I'm with Gilles. If I am going to do some terrain exercise, I use the UTM, I take the screens, then I just close it without saving. If I'm going to do something I'll save, I import the doodads I need from the UTM to the map I want.

It is easier to export stuff from the UTM and import them to the map I want, then having to delete the doodads that will be useless.

I think u should put the utm ver 4.0 becous someone people want to use the older utm for ther rpgs but this new utm is very big so the other utm was 1,5 mb so it is usefull for rpg get my point so that people dont search this forum for 3hours looking for doodads and importing them and then 60% of them dont work and then they ask why isn't this model working....

Level 9
I think u should put the utm ver 4.0 becous someone people want to use the older utm for ther rpgs but this new utm is very big so the other utm was 1,5 mb so it is usefull for rpg get my point so that people dont search this forum for 3hours looking for doodads and importing them and then 60% of them dont work and then they ask why isn't this model working....

Uploaded and done. Check first post.

Level 6
I took a doodad tree from this map, implented it on my own. And then 90% of my "Environment" of the doodads I could choose disappeared. gone. On my map that I've been working on for weeks. Great....

Level 34
Just restart your computer. I've had that happen, it's just a small glitch that shouldn't harm your map.

Level 17
Will this be updated?

I mean if someone works with it, importing new doodads and such?

Xan

Xan

Level 1
This map certainly works wonders!
Is there anyway I can use everything in it on a map I have already made?

Level 34
Yep. Import it all one by one.

Although you don't need everything. Just import what you need.

Remember, Imports != Good maps.

Wait a second, I'm the Real Author of the Water Tiles, and I'm not even credited.

Here are the 3dsmax 5 files as a prove, and a Tool created for editing the Tiles and changing the acceleration of them.

I lost the rest of the files when reformatting the computer, but this are the most important

I'm also uploading some water tubes that I was going to make, but never finished them.

Attachments

• Water.max
    178.5 KB · Views: 140
  • Water_Tube_Curve.max
    190.5 KB · Views: 100
  • Water_Tube_Diagonal.max
    178.5 KB · Views: 185
  • Water_Tube_Intersection-Vert-Diag.max
    177.5 KB · Views: 97
  • Animated Textures Changer.rar
    6 KB · Views: 82
Level 34
If you really want to, edit the UTM with proper credits and I'll upload it. Or you can wait and change it for the next version.

Level 2
I dont know how u got the pacience to do this, you deserve 5 +reps for this, ya helped me a lot! :D

can some1 help me? i wanna learn to rotate the cam so i can take a nice pic from a nice angle, already did a terrain. pm me
edit: sorry for double post, didnt notice

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 34
There's a nice
editmi3.gif
button you can use to merge your posts. I did it for you this time.

To answer your question: You hold down Ctrl and Right Click, then drag.

Level 10
Can we have special appointed people (3-5). Who will update this every few weeks? Like one of them will spend 1 week, adding as much as 0-infinite models. Then update it on the HWS... then the next person will spend a week updating. So their is no confusion on whos working on it, and people can get regular updates with new models.

Level 34
Thread cleaned. tomv8 I'd watch it, you don't come to a site and flame respected users. The next one will be an infraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.