• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Lonely Nightstar

full

Important
Important
This campaign was made by Flower Fairy. She is the author of this campaign. The campaign is being posted on HiveWorkShop on her behalf with her express permission.

The campaign was originally posted here:

花季的阴影V2.0 - 自定义战役系列地图讨论区 - 游久社区 - bbs.uuu9.com

full

The Lonely Nightstar
The Lonely Nightstar
This campaign tells the story of Maiev and the Night Elves' fight for freedom against the various factions that seek to oppose them. The campaign is comprised of 11 playable missions and 9 cinematic missions, and follows the style of the Blizzard campaign with RTS-style missions as well as RPG-style missions.

Due to the conversion tool used to convert the campaign to the standard world editor, it is recommended to play the campaign using the most recent patch.

List of Flower Fairy's Campaigns
List of Flower Fairy's Campaigns

1. The Lonely Nightstar
2. Of Crimson Tides
3. Evil Resurgent
4. A Song of Dream Chasing

Characters

full
Maiev: The main character of the campaign, and the leader of the fugitives. She was once a boy, but for unknown reasons she had her friend He Xiaoshu change her into a girl. No one else knew she changed into a girl besides He Xiaoshu. Everyone else still thought she was a boy, including her romantic admirer Jaina. Maiev is cold, elegant and independent. She has a sense of righteousness and yearns freedom. When Jaina sacrifices herself for her, she gives her emotions away to Valkyire in order to revive Jaina. Her pain while staying in Lordaeron compelled her to feel the shadow of death during her wonderful youth. For this, she thirsts for vengeance more than at any other time, even to the extent that she has no scruples taking advantage of her allies. In the end, after being alienated from everyone, she persists in her vengeance and goes through the completely unknown portal.

full
Jaina: A child who has had a tough life. She lost her parents when she was very young, and is in love with Maiev. In order to gain her acceptance, Jaina even sacrifices her own life. Even though she is ultimately revived by Valkyire, she chooses to stop following Maiev. She knows she will feel guilty for a long time...

full
Malfurion: An old friend of Maiev's who flees Lordaeron with her. He is very loyal to Maiev, but in the end he chose to not help her along with everyone else. This caused Maiev to become angry with shame, and she cut off relations with Malfurion.

full
Shandris: A highly skilled ranger who is tough and suspicious. She is Tyrande's and Jaina's friend. She knows that the sacrifices that arise from Maiev's vengeance are foolish. It is she who convinces Tyrande to abandon Maiev.

full
Illidan: An old friend of Maiev's who was cursed along with his followers upon the arrival of Balnazzar and Mannoroth. He swore to make them pay for what they did. In the end, he abandoned the endless chase, and cut off relations with Maiev.

full
Tyrande: A cowardly leader who commands Ashenvale to resist the lordaeron undead invasion while the leader of Ashenvale is absent. In the end, she chooses to preserve her remaining warriors, which causes her to have a falling out with the vengeance-seeking Maiev.

Screenshots
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full

Credits

Message from Flower Fairy (creator): This campaign takes some inspiration from Tomoraider and Sclammerz.

These are the hiveworkshop resources in use, based on the automatic credit generator:
Resources in Use by The Lonely Nightstar | HIVE

Bymighty, Rightfield, Kuhneghetz, General Frank, Darky29, frostwolf, jetfanginferno, vile, Lord_T, BloodY_turds, donut3.5, infrenus, kitabatake, assasin_lord, shadow_killer, thrikodius, supertoinkz, sellensiko, -grendel, power, hexus, Wandering Soul, Kellym0, jesushipster, Andrewoverload519, ebuz, john_drake, nightskyaurora, kangyun, matiS, Krysis, darkholme, 67chrome, Daenar7, Blizzard Entertainment, Kyzerdrood32, darkfang, crazyrussian, cloudwolf, palaslayer, hellx-magnus, orthon, Peekay, zbc, nelsonlaje, heinvers, blazecraze, the panda,

Special Thanks

Message from Flower Fairy (creator): This campaign takes some inspiration from Tomoraider and Sclammerz.

These people helped in various ways in bringing the campaign to hiveworkshop.
Ghostwolf- YDWE conversion tool, Wareditor + Quinten- map description title picture, Deepstrasz- various things, Naruto- helping contact the author, Tuwnew- map template.

Change Log

H-Soy-v0.01- Initial Upload

H-Soy-v0.02- (chapter 1) strange dog unit name translated, bandit name translations fixed, circle for bomb name translated, main quest message translated. (chapter 3) Undead Necromancer named translated, double optional quest fixed
H-Soy-v0.03 tidal market + naga royal guard tooltip, map05 orange's armour reduction aura buff tooltip, map05 green abomination boss name, map06 interlude "Our Goals", map09 "shatter Archimonde's", map10 Satyr boss sound bites, map11 abomination unit in second undead group encountered name, "build troll hut", Rokhan " you will breathe", map12 "cold polar region", map13 Gazlowe "yeah", map13 Goblin acid bomb tooltip, map14 "place them (land mines)", map14 invulnerability potion tooltip,
H-Soy-v0.04 keeper "blood cry" debuff, sylvanas + muradin remaining item tooltip +name, map17 village leader name, fel orc crossbowman name, infernal machine name, black mouse name,
map18, orb of vengeance without blink toolip, easter egg rune stat boost included tooltip, fel orc shaman + elite frosty wyrm + kazzak +abomination name, lok tar/life for life line swap,
H-Soy-v0.05 Two preplaced shadow troll priests removed and the unit itself removed from tech tree on map 11 (temporarily, it causes auto crash to warcraft 3)

Contents

The Lonely Nightstar (Campaign)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Indeed, part of the Warcraft III story has been badly altered but by no means does this campaign deserve 1 star. It has gameplay value. Not only is it unfair disdain but it is not even criticism, it's unjust accusation. You have provided no arguments...
Level 23
Easter egg runestone boosts stats, but this doesn't appear in the description.

Eleventh mission:
Lots of empty inaccessible spaces.
Fel orc shamans, giant frost wyrm (middle western edge of the map), doom guard hero (named Kazzak in the cutscene, and his level floats around him), abomination hero have no names.
The subtitles for Kargath's "Lok-Tar Ogar" and "Life for Life" lines are mixed up.
Kargath is invulnerable at the start of the bossfight.
Another schizophrenic one. The part before the bossfight didn't even need units (they're more liable to get themselves Charmed anyway), while the bossfight needs them as meatshields at best while the heroes get the hell away.

Epilogue
"bodies will fester before my vengeance"- not sure what that means.
I think it should be "changed my gender" rather than "change my sex" (I know it's the same thing, but it seems better-suited to the situation).
After everyone is done talking, the text is missing.

Post-epilogue
All that appears on the loading screen is "Esc".
I assume these are the credits, the only thing that show up are numbers and "bug".

Overall:
The plot is interesting, but again, it'd be a lot better without the Warcraft references.
Difficulty is badly done, as it mostly relies on swamping the player.
Waiting for the sequel.

Also: About the character descriptions up there, you might want to remove the spoilery parts. How is Tyrande cowardly?
The descriptions are what flower fairy wanted them to be.
When you say Kargath was invulnerable, do you mean you could not complete the mission?
Also, how did you access the "afternote" mission? I thought it will crash your warcraft 3 if you play it.

Anyway, thanks for making such detailed review of the language errors.

Level 28
No, he's no longer invulnerable after some time (don't know how long it lasts though).

I just hit Continue after the epilogue cinematic ended.

Black Mouse is in the southeast corner, in a blink-accessible location.

Tried playing the afternote from the menu. While it loaded and played normally, it caused the game to freeze at the end (the last time it just went back to the menu as usual). I'm on 1.28, if that helps.

Last edited:
Level 6
Does anyone have any tips to finish chapter three?? those 3 or 4 heretics hurts so bad. and after I just finished the orange base, a huge army from the violet undead and red demons come in and attack me. Please help Thanks

Level 6
Hello sir!

I asked you about tips on how to defeat chapter 3, and now I am stuck in another level. Chapter 5 The reunion is incredibly hard, and the undead forces are too many and too strong. I cannot figure out a way to wing it.

Thanks

Level 23
Finally, it is strongly recommended to use some kind of method to moisturize your eyes before playing this, because if you blink during any of the cinematic scenes, you might miss all the dialogue.

Keep in mind that because the majority of people on hiveworkshop are non-native english speakers, many of the campaign makers here have over time developed a longer transmission speed naturally to accommodate everyone. Because the majority of players who play campaigns from the Chinese community are likely all native speakers, I am guessing it is more common for their cinematic speed to be slightly faster.

Last edited:
Level 9
Keep in mind that because the majority of people on hiveworkshop are non-native english speakers, many of the campaign makers here have over time developed a longer transmission speed naturally to accommodate everyone. Because the majority of players who play campaigns from the Chinese community are likely all native speakers, I am guessing it is more common for the cinematic speed to be slightly faster.
I seem to remember the first time I played this campaign, the first time it came out, the dialogues were fine, so it seems the dialogues were made faster in between the time

Level 1
wtf? why is demons teachers? sex change with magic? what is this, this campaign would be fine if the characters were new, but they are all from the lore, its strange that so many familiar characters are out of character

Level 3
This is a very challenging campaign, the story is strange and many characters from warcraft 3 are altered but I didn't care
Text dialogs are too fast but my main complaint is the AI: our allies are a burden as they can easily be smoked and at some point the AI will attack your base with a full army, it's OK when there's only 1 or 2 ennemies bases but when there's 4 of them... I had to use cheatcodes to beat the troll mission

edit: I beat the troll mission without using any cheatcodes, I just used blink to passthrough the invisible wall and destroyed ennemy bases when the AI was idle, that was very fun...

Last edited:

Ann

Ann

Level 3
This is a unique altered Warcraft story, can even think that Maiev is boy once before. However, there is a mission really hard as it is impossible to complete it without cheat, is Renunion Chapter, that undead troop are like flood, cant hold all base of undead troop coming even with Tyrande star fall,

Level 3
This is a unique altered Warcraft story, can even think that Maiev is boy once before. However, there is a mission really hard as it is impossible to complete it without cheat, is Renunion Chapter, that undead troop are like flood, cant hold all base of undead troop coming even with Tyrande star fall,

For that mission, go for the green undead base (north) asap. After a few attacks the base will be crippled and you'll only have to deal with 2 undead bases.

I forgot to mention things that should be fixed:
- chapter 6: flying units can trigger the boss cutscene
- chapter 2&7: Maiev can passthrough invisible walls by using blink

Level 29
Since I made a review of 'Evil Resurgent' I should make a review about the others as well.

Prologue 1:
-So humans are the ones to deal first blood. Typical. This reminds me of Avatar "Long ago the races lived together in harmony. Then everything changed when the humans attacked"
-"What about our daughter?"
-Maiev is a guy in this universe? Weid.
-Some phrases are shown in an amount of time too short for me to read it.

Prologue 2
-Well this escalated quickly. First, a gender-bender spell, then a conspiracy and finnaly a declaration of secession. This amount of events was too rushed in my opinion as we are not given enough background to understand why these events happened.
-Like in the first prologue, many phrases stay only a few seconds
-Balnazzar and Mannoroth as teachers. Hilarious!
-During Balnazzar's Arthas' and Maiev's scene, Maiev seems unaffected by Balnazzar's spell.
-"We are no longer part of Lordaeron."

First Chapter
-I like Maiev's abilities. A pity Malfurion's are the same
-Considering our heroes' morality I am surprised that they even considered aiding Razzil
-If you put campaigns' soundsets in these maps, you should make the phases we both hear and read the same (same to all missions)
-Arthas' and Maiev's conversation is weird to say at least. They switch from hate to respect constantly

Second Chapter
-Illidan and Maiev being friends. I never expected to see that
-Technically there are three undead bases
-If you make some units' abilities follow QWER you should make all (same to all missions)

Third Chapter
-I can see that Varimathras' inability to pronounce someone's name correctly was passed into this version :D
-Illidan's 3rd ability Evasion doesn't have E as hotkey
-I don't like that he has the same abilities
-The two cache positions are too close in my opinion
-The imprisoned units should only join us after we destroyed the prisons' gates, otherwise they become targets to our enemies' towers
-The second prison is weird. There is no way around, so we have to enter it in order to keep going in order to reach Maiev. So what, the undead have to pass through the prisioners in order to walk?

Fourth Chapter
-The Priest hero (I didn't remember his name) is stupid. Arthas just said the undead came from the mountain and he asked where they came from?
-Arthas called the demons demons. What? Are long horns, bat-like wings and claws common in this world? :D
-Archimonde was the leader of Lordaeron and nobody knew it? If he was the leader already, why was there a need for him to kill his own subjects? Why did he fooled them for years just to kill them all?

Send my thanks to Flower Fairy for making this campaign!

Answering your question @deepstrasz, I am liking it so far, but less than 'Evil Resurgent'. Mostly because the story leaves several questions that, for the time being, we have no answer.

Last edited:
Level 3
This is a good campaign, but it's really really hard. I suggest to nerf the difficulty, because some people can't enjoy unbalancing missions. The first mission is okay though.

Level 29
My continued Review

Chapter Four
-Make our Wisps go to the Goldmine right when the mission begins (the same to all missions)
-Fix the position of the icons for the upgrades in the Night Elf Institute (the same to all missions)
-Why does Multishot has an hotkey (R) if it is a passive ability? (the same to all missions)
-Only the Red undead base attacks the Ashenvale base
-The enemy heroes never join the attacks and only act when we get closer to them
-"planning to attack Ashenvale"
-Shandris already knew that some undead were heading towards Ashenvale. So why is she shocked to see trails leading to Ashenvale?

Interlude
-Yeah. Kiling two people, who were already loyal by the way, and raising them as undead will surely turn the tide
-Illidan. Top stealth expert in the entire Multiverse! :D:D
-Why did they turn the people of the Broken Isles in naga just because of what Illidan saw? And why did they turn Illidan into a demon, instead of a frog or fish?
-Some undead go alongside the undead/demon army but then go back for some reason

Chapter Five
-How couldn't Jaina see the undead if she is standing right next to Tyrande?
-"if the undead attack"
-"Ashenvale" not "ashenvale"
-Jaina's Arcane Bomb has the hotkey positioned first than the ability's name
-The enemy heroes never join the attacks and only act when we get closer to them
-The occasional Brown undead attacks are kind of overpowered. You should reduce them in numbers
-"there are places to study"
-"World Tree" (same to all missions)
-Seriously? Archimonde just came there, told them who he was and what he was going to do?

Chapter Six:
-Make the optional quest easier by making all rescued units instantly join, instead of forcing us to get closer to each. Since this occurs at night, some rescuable units are not visible and I have to walk around in order to find them
-Having a demon base with workers is kind of stupid, if you ask me.
-Xavius' villainous monologue is unnecessary. Why should the heroes, and us, care about his backstory and motivations if he aims to kill us?
Let me put in better terms. Let's see how many will get this reference
Xavius: A thousands years ago my brethen were banished by-
Malfurion: Stop, stop doing backstory please! Idiot, do you want to know why we don't you take seriously? It is not the horns, the scary appearence or the dark powers. It is part of it, but it is because your whole concept is 'look at how evil I am! I am going to kill everyone because I can!' This one time, Maiev had a conversation. I am not kidding here when I say that makes Maiev a million times more relatable than you!

Last edited:
Level 9
This has got to be the weirdest campaign I've ever played; it is so strange that it tends to reach into the Anime kind of storytelling which doesn't quite fit with the Warcraft atmosphere.
The long and short of the story is that a magically transgender Maiev Shadowsong got on Proffestor Manoroth and Principal Varimathras' bad side and she's/he's been expelled from Lordaeron University for Heroes. Maiev throws a fit and decides to leave Lordaeron High with Malfurion (who probably also has bad grades and poor performance) and leave for Kalimdor. After that, Maiev goes on a vengeful spree after getting her/his emotions pulled out and it is revealed that some greater force operates from the shadow and wants to use Lordaeron High to take over the world.
The campaign has great gameplay value, great custom models, immersive levels with good quality decorations, creative and challenging levels, eyecandy custom skills and great use of the World of Warcraft soundtracks in various locations and mission.

Sadly there are more than a few minuses to this campaign:
- A lack of originality in lore.
- Butchered Warcraft lore to suit a new world.
- Events that don't make a lot of sense and dialogues that aren't exactly convincing enough to believe or follow through.
- The dialogues haven't been fully proof read and polished. The dialogues feel blunt, cut and dry.
- Characters needed more editing to give them a unique personality during their conversations. They are too quick to say "yes" and sometimes drop their conflicts with other characters for no real reason.

Overall I grade this campaign with 3/5. I would have honestly given it a higher grade but I simply couldn't bridge a bond with the story. The campaign is definitely worth playing, but the story needed more polish and proofing.

Level 29
Alright, I am now free and thus I can restart my review

Chapter Seven
-In the loading screen Maiev is written as "Maive"
-The Abomination King only has slightly more health than the average Abomination
-I got an error athe the middle of the mission
-I should feel sad for this JainaxMaiev tragic moment but I am not. Why? Because I saw no chemistry between them and they rarely spoke to each other in this story. This love is rushed and had no indications of existing previously

Interlude
-Maiev trusted the Old Man too quickly in my opinion

Chapter Eight
-The Voodoo Medallion should have already be on Maiev's inventory from the start
-"the dragonspawn king and the blue dragon"
-Since the 'Goblin Needs' Quest is necessary for us to progress, it should be a Main Quest instead of an Optional one
-The human hero next to Valkyrie has no name
-Did that guy just seriously shot the wrong arrow?
-That was kind of a weird trade. Trading all your good emotions to save Jaina? Why not relinquishing the negative emotions instead, or half-good and half-negative?

Chapter Nine
"Maiev's and Jaina's"
-That question's punishment is quite unfair. We already are severely outnumbered by three large undead bases, occasional yellow demons from the flanks and red demons from the gates, and if we give the wrong answer they get 50% more health?!
-Wtf?!! The three powerful demon heroes charge at the same time?! And they immediatly ressurect themselves with full health?!

Interlude
-"Lordaeron's remnants"

Chapter Ten
-Why is our team's name Goblins?
-A pity Muradin's abilities are the same
-Oh no! We killed Lillian Voss!
-Lillian has 4000 of HP which made her difficult to kill. The reward was not worthy.
-Did Jaina not tell anyone else about Maiev's condition? Seriously?

Chapter Eleven:
-Only having 6 units to fight off against demons? Why?!
-The final boss fight was too difficult for my taste if you ask me. Kargath was even more difficult to kill than Archimonde and his help was overwhelming!

Epilogue:
-And this Maiev followed a mixture of canon Maiev's and canon Arthas' path: obsessed with revenge till the end. But considering her condition, I sympathize with her.
-Call me 'Devil's Advocate' all you want but I am on Maiev's side. If they let the demons escape, then nothing prevents them from returning with greater forces. Plus, they got so far and only then did they decide to stop? They should have been commited from the start.
-Shandris seems quite surprised that Maiev is consumed by revenge. Considering her backstory and the most important fact, that she LACKS any positive emotions, what would she have expected?!

Following Chapter
-I did not understand anything

Final Conclusion:
-The maps were good
-The gameplay is good
-The plot is good, but lacks background for us to understand the motivations and events that transpired. The main example being the prologue. The relationship between Maiev and Jaina is another example.
-I give a 3.8/5 to this campaign.

Good job Flower Fairy! :infl_thumbs_up::infl_thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 3
Flower Fairy is a Senior high school student .She is very busy.And I support her Campaign.

Level 1
The problem with chapter seven is that the unit: Shadow Priest... crashes your game... So my suggestion is that you should kill the Shadow Priest if you want your game to crash no more!

Edit: How does "he" crashes your game? Easy, by selecting him. If you want to kill him you will have no problem with doing that.

Edit2: If someone is asking, right now, how I did encounter this problem (there was a person who asked me this) is because I'm using the latest live version: 1.30.1

Last edited:
Level 2
I really love playing this campaign but i got problem here my version is 1.30.4 and every time the game kicks me out when i click on this unit only i don't know what is the problem hope you can help me

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 127
Level 3
Finally I found night elf campaign..... I will play this after finish other campaign!!!:):)

:(:(

Edit: Finished the game... Sadly too many of bugs, and the game also unbalanced.. good story 3/5
I believe this can be improve..

Last edited:
Level 3
I really hope this map makes more sense in Chinese, because it doesn't really make much sense in English.

I had to cheat to win some missions, needs some serious balance tweaking.

Level 2
So, I just finished it. I enjoyed it, but I had some issues with the difficulty and the AI. I'm not sure how much of it is related to the the recent 1.3.1 patch that went live, and how that might have messed with the way the AI performs, but what ends up happening is one big attack followed by a seemingly limitless stream of units from the enemy base(s). It's a serious problem because you end up get pushed into by an AI with no resource restraint and multiple production facilities, meaning that sometimes even if you micro every single one of your units perfectly, it's still impossible to overcome the flood of units. On top of that a lot of times the enemy just has 3/3 upgrades by default, which is a little ridiculous when depending on the map you're limited to 1/1. It essentially forces you to mass up an absurd amount of towers, or to cheese the map.

I know this and the two other campaigns were translated from Chinese so the original map maker may not get this feedback, but hopefully someone involved in the process of translating these maps can look into these problems. This is a really fun campaign, and the only complaint I have aside from the difficulty would some upgrades not working properly and some translation errors, but those two are very minor complaints for a lot of really cool maps with custom abilities, units, and interesting quests.

Level 4
Just thought i'd add this. but ughhhh using version 1.29.2 the game DID NOT save the progress. closed the game,opened it again and all progress was gone. also the text is so fast i barely even understood most of the story (reached mission 4 and had the option to go to a 3rd/4th interlude but decided to take a rest that's when the issue happened)

Level 23
Just thought i'd add this. but ughhhh using version 1.29.2 the game DID NOT save the progress. closed the game,opened it again and all progress was gone. also the text is so fast i barely even understood most of the story (reached mission 4 and had the option to go to a 3rd/4th interlude but decided to take a rest that's when the issue happened)
I know there is a lot of criticism about the most recent patch (1.31.1 at the moment), but in reality most campaigns can be played on this version without issue. The majority of the problems were initially when using the editor, so as a player there is even less reason to not update (emphasis on the word update and not download the PTR, as I think there are PTR bugs not present in the actual patches.)

upload_2019-7-20_7-42-17.png

When Flower Fairy's Lonely Nightstar campaign was first posted, it was saved on 1.29, but then when the spelling errors were fixed, it was updated on a more recent version (this map description will also be fixed to remove this.)

One of the ways all the other descriptions for the campaigns created by the chinese authors have been changed is there is no longer a patch recommendation.

upload_2019-7-20_7-44-38.png

This is because many people would see a patch number, and assume they would need to play it on that specific version and no other version would work. This is incorrect, since patches are upward compatible. As long as you keep you always keep your Warcraft 3 updated to the most patch, you should have very little problem playing most custom campaigns (and in the future, hopefully blizzard will fix all bugs so all maps are compatible).

Level 3
I played this earlier, but since I saw it again in the map list, I decided to write down my comments from when I first played it.

1) First mission was really great. One of my favourite parts of Flower Fairy's campaigns is the strong ally AI. The ally AI in the first mission was really powerful, and it was a great introduction to the campaign. Probably one of the best missions in lonely nightstar. I don't think I have played any other campaign where the first mission gives you such a strong ally (RTS).

2) Enjoyed the second mission, defending the naga base was fun.

3) Mission 3 is very hard unless it is done correctly, if the royal naga guards die, then I think it is impossible to push/destroy the first undead base. The boss fight against the dreadlord is good.

4) In the map with Malfurion against the undead, once the ally night elf base destroys the undead base to the west ( I think it was red ), it does not send any army to attack the other undead bases.

5) The map where you defend the night elf base with only heroes until the naga come is really fun, but really hard. It needs you to be very aggressive, and you need that staff of negation item to kill skeleton summons/remove enemy buffs/debuffs. It would be better if the ally base was smaller/used less space, since sometimes the ally AI is distracted by attacks on one side, while the other side is being destroyed by the undead waves.

6) The mission with the Satyr boss can be completed by flying a druid of the talon across the forest and activating the boss fight right away even though your army has not reached him yet. The boss fight itself is extremely hard if you do the mission the normal way, since if you fight through the demon base, your units will get charmed by the enemy succubus, and then it is impossible to win the boss fight without enough units.

7) I enjoyed playing with the trolls in that troll mission with Maiev.

8) I really enjoyed the music and story aspect when Maiev was teleported to find that angel creature to save Jaina. The snow terrain was beautiful.

9) World tree mission is impossible on insane unless you destroy the undead bases at the start, since the demon heroes that attack you during the mission cannot die....

10) The final RTS mission in this campaign is one of the best. Humans + Forsaken + your night elves against the fel orcs and undead base. Was a great battle, I really enjoyed it. One issue with this map though is the ally AI think the zombie creeps on the map were enemies, so they would attack a zombie then retreat to their base. They should be set to neutral or something, since the ally AI will sometimes keep wasting time to attack random zombies monsters on the map instead of the enemy (I think this was mainly a problem with the human AI, I forget if the Forsaken did this too.)

11) I felt sad for the goblin hero, he was our friend in the first map but here we needed to kill him. I am not sure what the reason was for limiting the food supply in this mission. Some of the boss fights have huge numbers of enemies spawned, it would have been easier with an army.

In summary, really enjoyed Flower Fairy's first campaign, especially the Ally AI we had for RTS missions. I enjoyed the character of Maiev, and am not sure why everyone turned against her. If the demons were not completely destroyed, then they would surely come back later, but it seems no-one cared about this except Maiev.

Level 29
I enjoyed the character of Maiev, and am not sure why everyone turned against her. If the demons were not completely destroyed, then they would surely come back later, but it seems no-one cared about this except Maiev.

If you do recall from the prologue most of them didn't like Maiev right from the start. Her losing her positive emotions made her even less likeable to them, but I agree that Maiev was 100% right.
Everyone wanted to rest, even knowing that their foes would eventually return. They were standing on a WHOLE region that was left to ruins by the demons and yet they seemed to assume that they could later face a recovered enemy and emerge victorious.

Level 23
Map description changed so that all the map descriptions are the same / easier to copy paste the map descriptions from each map to others.
Also, as posted Here and Here, there is a crash related to the shadow priest (troll unit). I just tested this 8+ times and it is a 100% full game crash.

I think this is because the conversion program by Ghostwolf was still in testing phase when Flower Fairy's first campaign was converted, and the tool corrupted this specific unit. It doesn't matter if you click on the 2 preplaced units in Rokhan's base, or build new ones and click them: it results in an instant crash. For now, those 2 starting troll priests have been removed, and the troll priest is not part of the troll tech tree temporarily until a solution can be found.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Also, as posted Here and Here, there is a crash related to the shadow priest (troll unit). I just tested this 8+ times and it is a 100% full game crash.
Maybe, it's something like:
EDIT2: selecting the enemy Overlord crashes the game. I have no idea why. I'm trying to find out...
EDIT3: alright it's because of the Overlord's Veteran Training (an upgrade like that of Shaman/Priest etc. training). Just got to find out why and how to fix it.
EDIT4: for some reason the upgrade didn't like Stats - Class: Caster so I changed it to Melee.

Level 23
I realize it is probably just an honest mistake on your part, but you should at least know the names of the authors of the maps that you want to translate. Most of the map descriptions have their names written 8+ times.
Example, "The Lonely Nightstar":

upload_2019-7-23_16-56-24.png

upload_2019-7-23_16-56-45.png

upload_2019-7-23_16-57-4.png

upload_2019-7-23_16-57-38.png

upload_2019-7-23_16-57-58.png

upload_2019-7-23_16-58-15.png

upload_2019-7-23_16-58-35.png

upload_2019-7-23_16-59-19.png

For Maiev: Legend of Vengence (author= summer flower), the author seems to want her identity a secret, so I will send her a message about your proposal, and then if she agrees she can send you a private message.

For Lonely Nightstar/Crimson Tides/Evil Resurgent (author = flower fairy), based on the post above it seems you have permission.
But @REN&YI this puts me in a very awkward situation, since I was talking with Naruto earlier about the possibility of me uploading the unprotected versions of Flower Fairy's campaigns to hiveworkshop, since they were taking up too much space on my thumb-drive so I was going to delete them, but he told me to still protect them. So, 1 week ago I deleted the unprotected versions of Crimson Tides and Evil Resurgent on one of my thumb-drives (and later I was planning on deleting the unprotected version of Lonely Nightstar).

upload_2019-7-23_17-3-45.png

upload_2019-7-23_17-4-21.png

Of course, not all unprotected versions have been deleted, but I was planning on deleting the rest later. However, this situation with the translations will put pressure on me to keep the unprotected versions. There are two other non-english communities on hiveworkshop besides russian speakers that translate campaigns: Koreans Speakers/Spanish Speakers. What do I do if they ask in the future to translate Flower Fairy's campaigns? I mean, if it is necessary, I can probably find a way to preserve the unprotected versions, but they use a lot of space... (150mb+). Of course I am not trying to pressure Flower Fairy to allow me to upload the unprotected versions of her campaigns to hive, but that would make it easier than me forever keeping the unprotected versions on my thumb-drive, since then they will always be available on hiveworkshop.

Also, since he will be translating the english version, that means that there is a possibility that soon, the number of players in the world who know the Warcraft names of Characters/locations in Flower Fairy's campaign > the number of players in the world who know the original names of the characters in her campaigns. Actually I think that is really funny, but is that what Flower Fairy wants?

@Andreiki As for BtDp 1p/2p, you can do whatever you want, but I would suggest waiting until the end of the year, since I will be doing a big update for them during that time. Also, I am guessing you know that they are not a campaign file, so in theory you would need to repeat the object data for every single map...

Edit: The author of Maiev: Legend of Vengeance (Summer Flower) just contacted me. She is busy, but she gave you permission. If you decide to translate her campaign, let me know, because 2 very important spellbooks were removed from 2 of the heroes in that campaign due to some issues with game cache, and Summer Flower says you can add them back into the campaign. I can just do that for you later, since the version on hiveworkshop is unprotected.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 3
I realize it is probably just an honest mistake on your part, but you should at least know the names of the authors of the maps that you want to translate. Most of the map descriptions have their names written 8+ times.
Example, "The Lonely Nightstar":

For Maiev: Legend of Vengence (author= summer flower), the author seems to want her identity a secret, so I will send her a message about your proposal, and then if she agrees she can send you a private message.

For Lonely Nightstar/Crimson Tides/Evil Resurgent (author = flower fairy), based on the post above it seems you have permission.
But @REN&YI this puts me in a very awkward situation, since I was talking with Naruto earlier about the possibility of me uploading the unprotected versions of Flower Fairy's campaigns to hiveworkshop, since they were taking up too much space on my thumb-drive so I was going to delete them, but he told me to still protect them. So, 1 week ago I deleted the unprotected versions of Crimson Tides and Evil Resurgent on one of my thumb-drives (and later I was planning on deleting the unprotected version of Lonely Nightstar).

Of course, not all unprotected versions have been deleted, but I was planning on deleting the rest later. However, this situation with the translations will put pressure on me to keep the unprotected versions. There are two other non-english communities on hiveworkshop besides russian speakers that translate campaigns: Koreans Speakers/Spanish Speakers. What do I do if they ask in the future to translate Flower Fairy's campaigns? I mean, if it is necessary, I can probably find a way to preserve the unprotected versions, but they use a lot of space... (150mb+). Of course I am not trying to pressure Flower Fairy to allow me to upload the unprotected versions of her campaigns to hive, but that would make it easier than me forever keeping the unprotected versions on my thumb-drive, since then they will always be available on hiveworkshop.

Also, since he will be translating the english version, that means that there is a possibility that soon, the number of players in the world who know the Warcraft names of Characters/locations in Flower Fairy's campaign > the number of players in the world who know the original names of the characters in her campaigns. Actually I think that is really funny, but is that what Flower Fairy wants?

@Andreiki As for BtDp 1p/2p, you can do whatever you want, but I would suggest waiting until the end of the year, since I will be doing a big update for them during that time. Also, I am guessing you know that they are not a campaign file, so in theory you would need to repeat the object data for every single map...

Edit: The author of Maiev: Legend of Vengeance (Summer Flower) just contacted me. She is busy, but she gave you permission. If you decide to translate her campaign, let me know, because 2 very important spellbooks were removed from 2 of the heroes in that campaign due to some issues with game cache, and Summer Flower says you can add them back into the campaign. I can just do that for you later, since the version on hiveworkshop is unprotected.
I'am sorry. I didn't expect this and I didn't mean to trouble you. Pardon me my offence!
And I told flower fairy about this and she meant that all depend on you and you can do all if you like. In fact, my English is not good. There are her opinion
QQ截图20190723212414.jpg
QQ截图20190723212456.jpg
QQ截图20190723212509.jpg

Level 23
I'am sorry. I didn't expect this and I didn't mean to trouble you. Pardon me my offence!
And I told flower fairy about this and she meant that all depend on you and you can do all if you like. In fact, my English is not good. There are her opinion
It is no trouble/there is no offense.
I would rather not re-translate all Flower Fairy's campaigns, so I guess the Warcraft character names/places will stay.

Also, I want to clarify: I am not saying the spanish/korean community want to translate flower fairy's campaigns now. What I am saying is, on hiveworkshop, there are 3 non-english communities that sometimes translate campaigns into their mother language: Russian/Spanish/Korean. Because some russian person wants to translate Flower Fairy's campaigns, this means her campaigns have attained a certain amount of popularity, so it is possible that in the future, some of the spanish/korean community will want to also translate her campaigns.

But if that is the case, then I will need to preserve the unprotected copy of Flower Fairy's campaigns, or else no-one in the future will be able to translate them unless they hack into the protected maps. So, I was wondering if it possible to just upload the unprotected versions onto hiveworkshop. Then, I do not need to be involved if people want to translate Flower Fairy's campaigns in the future--- they just need to contact flower fairy for permission, and then nothing more (because the version on hiveworkshop is already unprotected, they just need to download it).

So I just want to be clear: is Flower Fairy giving permission to allow me to upload the unprotected versions of her campaigns on hiveworkshop? If not, it is still possible for me to find a way to keep them on a thumb-drive or another storage device, but to be honest, there is always the possibly that I will lose that version or my thumb-drive will become corrupted. Hiveworkshop, on the other hand, has good data base and has backups, so the maps uploaded on hiveworkshop hasve almost a 0% chance to become lost/corrupted.

Level 3
Well, I guess we just let Flower Fairy decide. I still think the easiest way is to upload via the normal map section.
Hello, Mr.tulee. I asked Flower Fairy if you could upload the unprotect versions and she answered "Of course"
QQ截图20190724092735.jpg
Besides, Flower Fairy asked her another friend to send her fourth campaign called "逐梦之歌" to you. You can play it when it is convenient for you.
In addition, Flower Fairy let me tell you about that she is grateful to you for your selfless dedication.
QQ截图20190724094156.jpg

Level 3
From what I read above, I understand that soon you will publish unprotected versions. And I can translate them. So?
I could get in touch with the original author, but I don’t know his language at all and therefore I contacted you.

Last edited: