• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Cinematic] The Lone Panther

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Alright, I installed Warcraft and opened the WE for the first time after two months. Suffice to say that I've started working on the third installment of the Lone Panther and I have a good feeling. I don't know how it will turn out in the end(or even half way though) but I have a good feeling about it :)

Level 14
Just keeping you informed guys. For those of you who don't know, I have started working on Part 3 and it is comping along really nicely. I still have no idea when will it be ready for release, but I'll try to avoid the long wait between finishing the map and receiving all the voice actings by starting auditions early this time. Although I more or less have enough voice actors for the main characters I still need some for the minor ones.

So, what I'm looking for is a naga/fish people voice actor. Anybody good in imitating a naga? I could also use with somebody that can voice act a skeleton. Any takers?

This are more like pre-auditions as I don't want to start a new thread just yet, at least not until I'm sure how many of my former voice actors are still going to record for me and how many characters I have in the third part.

Level 12
I could not find my mic, but I find that I have soft to record voice on my phone :-D

But I think no one has voice like naga, thats all done with all of the software to give these cool effect (just see the last voice acting contest) Try to contact some people who are good at this.

My voice sucks, like some zombie-gholish grunt, but I can try to act something :)

Level 14
Please, feel free to send an audition. :)

Yeah, I know it's mostly done with effects, but that's sort of what I mean. I don't have to receive a pure recording from you guys and expect for it to sound like a naga. If you can add effects to make it sound something similar to the w3 naga that would be awesome.

Level 14
Example of text or what it should sound like? Well, if you're thinking text than just go something like "You've summoned me, lord" or "I'll get everything set up, my lord."

If you're thinking sound, well, remember Insignio's voice in LP 2, in the flashback of Confuto Tumul? Something like that would be nice. So basically like you're out of breath, a dry voice if you get what I mean.

Level 12
Man..I remember the time when you made Sect of Holy mother 1 and 2...you were an underdog then...but now things have changed.

Me too. I noticed them on wc3maps and watched them. But the 3rd didnt show up so I even posted a mail asking if he was going to continue them or not. Didn't get any answer from it but some months later the 3rd part came out and then it just kept on rolling.

BTW: I haven't seen any new Battle Royal from you. You got tired of it?

Level 14
Just keeping you guys informed: Lone Panther 3 is going great so far, about half way done and I seem to have all but 1 of the voice acting positions filled. Anybody know any girl that does a good naga siren impression? I know it's mostly done with special effects so the next question is anybody know how to modify a sound file so that it can sound like a naga?

Hopefully, none of the current voice actors will bail on me :)

Level 18
Just for people's information: I think the naga voice can be best based when the voice-actor talks a bit slower then usual and speaks the S longer (snake-like xD). The voice itself probably won't matter much, since the biggest part will be adjusted by audio software. So I think a lot of people would qualify for the naga voice.

First thing people will wonder will be: "If it's so easy, why don't you do it yourself?"
That's simple: I'm voice acting another character, so they would sound too much alike if I'd try both even though it'll be audio edited.

Level 5
Cool

I'll fairly good at editing audio so i'll have a look and get back to youu, I've also been told i have a good Irish accent from a play but i really doubt that for some reason. But should you have need of a new voice actor i would be happy to help or at least try. Bye

Level 5
Oh noes!!

I can't find my good microphone, all I got is webcam mics and they suck. damn, i'll try.

Not having much luck with naga though. I think they use a very powerful (expensive) audio editor. Though I think I may have a hermit in a cave?

Reactions: HFR
Level 14
In case you have any questions about the story you can send me a pm, or ask them in the discussion group and I'll answer them.

I have a bunch of tests during the next several days so I probably won't even touch the WE until Friday.

The good thing is that the map is finished and I'm going to receive most of the voice acting within the next few days. Only thing that remains is for me to record the voices I'm playing(which I'll probably do next Friday) and to compress and import all the voices. Suffice to say that if all goes well and I don't find any bugs the third part of the Lone Panther will be released near the end of next week. In the meantime, here are some notes on the third installment of the Lone Panther.

- The subtitle of Lone Panther 3 is "Broken Belief".

- The cinematic lasts somewhere between 30 and 40 minutes(won't be sure exactly how long until I import the voices).

- This chapter is story oriented, featuring some unique terrain and additional story and lore.

- Features Reference to: Lone Panther 1 and 2, Sect of the Holy Mother 6 and 7. //This means that some parts of the cinematic mention something that happened in one of the previously mentioned chapters, so you might want to watch some of these chapters again, in case you don't remember what happened in them.

Level 8
I can't... stand... the wait! i'm... dieing of... waiting...
Really looking forward to this Cmarket

Level 14
Well kiddies, it's exactly one year since I first uploaded the Sect of the Holy Mother 1 and 2 to this site. Sadly I don't have anything special to show you(Like LP 3) and since I've been trying to finish LP 3 by this date I failed to make anything else :(

Now, I want to thank you all and I do mean each and every one of you that have supported me thought this year. Really, don't let anyone fool you, it is because of you that there are now 10(almost 11) chapters of the Tales of Kaliim out there. I probably would have come this far eventually, but it is because of the "This map is great, 5/5!!! :D " comments that I was motivated to work on the next chapter faster and faster.

No matter who tells you what a "Good job" comment just as powerful as a good critique. Sure, a "Awesome 55555/5" comment isn't as long as a critique, doesn't help me improve certain aspects, but it did give me motivation, a lot of it, to work on the next chapter, and besides my skills increased on their own. I just want to say thank you.

As for Lone Panther 3... well, you're not going to like it, I'm afraid :(
The thing is I am going to Greece on Friday and I have yet to receive all the voices. I'm afraid I won't make it by then which means I'll release it when I get back, or more precisely somewhere around the 19th of April. Sorry guys, but it's really out of my hands. I gave them enough time, but they were busy. I'm not blaming any of them, after all they are doing this for free and I thank them for it.

Level 19
As for Lone Panther 3... well, you're not going to like it, I'm afraid :(
The thing is I am going to Greece on Friday and I have yet to receive all the voices. I'm afraid I won't make it by then which means I'll release it when I get back, or more precisely somewhere around the 19th of April. Sorry guys, but it's really out of my hands. I gave them enough time, but they were busy. I'm not blaming any of them, after all they are doing this for free and I thank them for it.

I understand but I don't have anything against waiting a couple of months more. It's totally understandable mate. Enjoy Greece.

Status
Not open for further replies.