• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

CMarket's Terrain Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
In all likelihood I'll have "A Pile of Ugly 2" released long before The Lone Panther 3. However, I might just get down to recruiting voice actors for TLP 3 within the next few days. That being said, it took me about a month to get all the voices for A Pile of Ugly 1, which is about 10 minutes shorter than TLP 3 and has far less complex voices (meaning that they're all human), so...

Level 30
In all likelihood I'll have "A Pile of Ugly 2" released long before The Lone Panther 3. However, I might just get down to recruiting voice actors for TLP 3 within the next few days. That being said, it took me about a month to get all the voices for A Pile of Ugly 1, which is about 10 minutes shorter than TLP 3 and has far less complex voices (meaning that they're all human), so...

Well, good luck with your TLP 3 and PoU 2. Been waiting for some fresh, awesome, emotional story cinematic from you. I'll keep supporting you and +REP!

Level 37

Why have voice actors if your projects get delayed so much(even years)? Do you really think cinematics need voice acting? Is it a must?

Level 14
It's not entirely the voice actors who are the reason behind so many delays. The thing is I've mostly moved on from low level programing such as that of W3 and am working on far more sophisticated stuff (even though I still enjoy the ability to express my artistic side through cinematics). That being said, I don't really have time to manage or work on anything outside my university because the free time I would use on computing I use for working on a project with one of my professors.

As for "Is it a must?" the answer is - yes. I tend to chose quality over quantity any day of the week. My first cinematic was crap. Slowly my terraining skills increased, my language improved significantly and my story telling skills are far better than they used to be. I've also learned quite a lot about managing people which is why I got all the voices actors (almost all of them superb) ready for the Pile of Ugly which lasts over 40 minutes in about a month. With all of that said, I don't tend to go backwards, only forward, meaning that if I create something it will be at least as good as the previous thing.

I'll probably release another cinematic this summer, and I'm afraid that's all you can expect of me - one or two cinematics per year.

Status
Not open for further replies.