• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

CrazyChao's Terrain Museum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
CrazyChao's Terrain Museum (12 Pictures)

Hey, guys. I haven't terrained for a long time, and I just started again. Here are twelve of my newest terrains for you guys. Probably not that great, I know, but here you are. Enjoy! And, to stop the confusion for when I upload more, I have numbered each picture. If you are commenting on a certain screenshot, include that number in your post.

PICTURE I: A small wooden home on a path to a grove of dead trees.

PICTURE II: A small pond surrounded by willows.

PICTURE III: The edge of a large swamp deep in Felwood.

PICTURE IV: A wooded glade and pond somewhere in Lordaeron.

PICTURE V: A stone bridge with an overgrown sign leading into a darkened wood...

PICTURE VI: A small Night Elven fishing village on a peaceful night.

PICTURE VII: A large mountain pass into an unknown, barren desert.

PICTURE VIII: A toxic wasteland of deadened trees with a small crypt on a hill.

PICTURE IX: An ancient building deep in a tropical jungle.

PICTURE X: A very unnerving (and haunted) path. I hope you packed extra underwear...

PICTURE XI: A small farmhouse out in the mountains.

PICTURE XII: Overlooking a forest road to a large castle on a hilltop.

Attachments

• overgrownhouse.gif
    overgrownhouse.gif
    371.6 KB · Views: 166
  • pond.gif
    pond.gif
    256.6 KB · Views: 162
  • swampentrance.gif
    swampentrance.gif
    396.7 KB · Views: 146
  • fallforest.gif
    fallforest.gif
    412.5 KB · Views: 160
  • spookybridge.gif
    spookybridge.gif
    368.7 KB · Views: 140
  • fishvillage.gif
    fishvillage.gif
    271.1 KB · Views: 125
  • desertpass.gif
    desertpass.gif
    334.1 KB · Views: 152
  • isolation.gif
    isolation.gif
    378.1 KB · Views: 139
  • ruins.gif
    ruins.gif
    391.6 KB · Views: 125
  • darkroad.gif
    darkroad.gif
    444.8 KB · Views: 138
  • farmhouse.gif
    farmhouse.gif
    374.3 KB · Views: 169
  • castleroad.jpg
    castleroad.jpg
    630.4 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Level 34
1. pic: it's ok, but maybe a little bit more grass in the front, where's camera
2. pic: it looks good but it should have more rocks
3. pic: you've should use more environment except grass, trees and few rocks, and that blue sky in the background just doesn't seems right :(
4. pic: I think you should have used normal water, not that
5. pic: this one's the best, I like how there are vines on the sign

Nice terrains! ^^

Level 5
Some of them pretty good, others are not. I have found some things that i think that you should look into to make the terrains abit better. I hope that you dont mind ;)

#1: Vines wont be able to grow on a house like that in the winter or in cold enviroments, the grass is also pretty random and it doesent really fit.

#2: Its pretty, you could have tilted those rocks by the waterfall so that we wouldnt be able to see the ugly ''bottoms'' of the rocks or what ever they are called.

#3: The grass dont fit in with the tiles they are placed on. I suggest that you tint them and perhaps delete a few of them so that they look more natural.

#4: The line between the water and the earth really stands out, try putting in some reeves to cover it up abit.

#5: there propably shouldnt really be grass on the road, or atleast not so much of the same tile.

#6: those walls are way to repetive, if you insist on keeping them try rotating the poles abit so that they dont all look exactly the same.

#7: The cliffs are just plain ugly, the tile is streched and the rocks you have placed on the top looks bad from this angle.

#8: try not to cover the front of the pic in to much foilage, instead try and focus on the back of the terrain.

#9: the grass in this one is just ugly and it gets way to repitive.

Level 10
I see you've added some new ones, okey:
The 6th picture... It's nice but the trees in the water looks bad, and the end of the world is visible. The 7th pic is nice but you really need to smooth the hills! And do something about the rocks, I think you know what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.