• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Cinematic] THE LONE FOOTMAN - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hey Everyone! The First episode / stage of the Lone Footman has been completed and uploaded, so I thought I'd put it up in the cinematics forum as well :p

Hope everyone likes it, it took a fair while to complete (kept running into bugs with my limited triggering and terraining skills :bored:). Part 2 should not take as long as the first, If I have time enough to work on it.

Download Part 1 here - http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=85255

Well thats all for now, If you find any problems in it, feel free to PM or e-mail me over msn. And people, I really need some voice actors! I have 2 out of the 5 I need!

Thanks Everyone, and Enjoy :thumbs_up:
Hellblazer-14 :pal:

Attachments

• Warcraft_III_Humen cine.jpg
    Warcraft_III_Humen cine.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 18,965
  • Intro screen.jpg
    Intro screen.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 619
  • town 4.jpg
    town 4.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 602
  • battle 2.jpg
    battle 2.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 2,589
  • grave 5.jpg
    grave 5.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 807
I'll go ahead and wait until this is more finalized. Some areas are pretty good, such as the terrain. The terrain is nice but it just needs a bit of fog perhaps as I said before. The cameras could be a little better by giving a better view of everything, and the lag could be fixed by reducing the farZ and making more close up shots so such a large FarZ is not necessary. (The farZ is the extent in which things are displayed, if there are too many things in the background, it can help to reduce the farZ to prevent as much lag.

And I think there were a few grammatical errors as well.

But pretty good work, I hope to see more! :)

the lag is your computer. Clean the temp files and other junk to make it faster. Not to mention defragging your harddrive. That should clear up some of the lag.

Also, having a larger harddrive helps a lot. :p I had no lag what so ever! :D

No, it is the FarZ. Trust me, it is the major source of the lag. That or leaks... (Though that shouldn't cause major problems so fast)

I have defragged my hard drive and cleaned my computer, it is just that some computers just can't handle it.

Level 23
No, it is the FarZ. Trust me, it is the major source of the lag. That or leaks... (Though that shouldn't cause major problems so fast)

I have defragged my hard drive and cleaned my computer, it is just that some computers just can't handle it.

Well, part of the problem must be the computer, bcause I have a perfect lag free cinimatic when I view it. :D Sooo, if what I suggested didn't help, then I don't know what else. Sorry.

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Nice!

:witch_doc_sad: Very Nice.

Great Unit Models and Building Models! I liked the story alot and if your looking for help im really good with spells. =D

Pros
_______
Great Unit Models
Great Building Models
Sweet Story
Great Cam Setting

Cons

Level 5
its great, but i think the dialogue lasts too long. Also i wish u can skip the credits because usually ppl want credits so ppl know its their work and not ne1 elses and if someone decides to skip the credits, its not going to disappear, you can always go back to it and say," AHA! proof that this model/sound/etc. is MINE and not YOURS. Therefore, I deserve full credit for what i have contributed!," . If you add the ability to skip credits, the ppl being credited wouldn't really hate the map maker but instead the person who skipped the credits therefore u make everyone happy.

Level 12
Sorry D:

Hey Guys

As many of you've probably noticed, I've been inactive on the site for a very long time (many months D:)...

Anyhow, I am working on part 2 now, along with finishing my altered melee, so it shouldn't take too long until the rest comes out. School and real life has been a bit of a bitch too me lately, guess thats the best excuse I've got :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.