• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Look guys!!!! Almighty @Shar Dundred have granted my wish. I will send you cake in next year Christmas.
I hate destroying your dreams, but I am sure that the chapter with that inclusion had been released before you created your Hive account.
Are you sure you have played all of Arkain?

Tower Spam gets nerfed?
I said and meant "enjoy" not "endure".

I will NOT publish any information on this - let the release tell you all of that. :p

Level 3
I hate destroying your dreams, but I am sure that the chapter with that inclusion had been released before you created your Hive account.
Are you sure you have played all of Arkain?

I am playing Arkain long before I opened account here on Hive. I just used to check Maps sections and download maps then. @Shar Dundred

That's one of main reason why I missed a lot of storyline ( As I didn't bother to read threads then)

Level 10
I am playing Arkain long before I opened account here on Hive. I just used to check Maps sections and download maps then. @Shar Dundred

That's one of main reason why I missed a lot of storyline ( As I didn't bother to read threads then)

Storyline is not in the thread here, it is in all the cinematics and dialogues in the game. Also, the side quests are a BIG part of the storyline. Like replacing cav with knights of come, which was a side quest in chapter 6. You affect the story by doing (or intentionally avoiding) side quests.

Level 3
Storyline is not in the thread here, it is in all the cinematics and dialogues in the game. Also, the side quests are a BIG part of the storyline. Like replacing cav with knights of come, which was a side quest in chapter 6. You affect the story by doing (or intentionally avoiding) side quests.

Firstly, I just replied to @Shar Dundred's question that if I played all the campaigns or not, which I did though I wasn't a member of hive.

Secondly, I do complete side quests. I just skipped one or two cinematics in Book 2, for that I missed details like how Gardon allied with undead or how he proposed that tom boy. ( My bad, I know I know. Don't call the police :(:().

I am well-aware of inclusion knights of kome as a part of Gardon's army ( I did that first when I played that chapter). Knights of kome are one of my favorite units.

I just asked shar, because I thought he might not include them( and I added my weird , nerdy humor with that :p ).

I am a Arkain fan , no doubt about it and I am playing for long enough. I just skipped two or three cinematics , that's all guys. Hope this clears all of it. :D:D:D:D:D @Boriss

Level 29
Oh thank God!

Yesterday I was waiting for the next chapter and suddenly this page said "Data Inpage Error" and I couldn't enter Hive for the rest of the night! Phew!

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Hey @Shar Dundred, why in Human Book 1 heroes can only leveled up to 6 before the last level? It's a little annoying to have whole chapters where some of your heroes don't level up at all
Because the maps before the final mission were not meant for you to reach a higher level.

Oh thank God!

Yesterday I was waiting for the next chapter and suddenly this page said "Data Inpage Error" and I couldn't enter Hive for the rest of the night! Phew!
Arkain will survive each and every database error of Hive!

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
Effective immediately the new Mechanical Golem slated to appear in chapter eleven has been effectively deleted. It had caused an almost unreversable problem I will not release any details regarding development, I'm only informing you of what will not appear.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Fuck that mech. Fuck that mech. Fuck that mech. Fuck that mech. Fuck that mech. Fuck that mech. Fuck that mech. Fuck that mech. Fuck that mech. Fuck that mech. Fuck that mech. Fuck that mech. Fuck that mech. Fuck that mech. Fuck that mech. Fuck that mech. Fuck that mech. Fuck that mech. Fuck that mech. Fuck that mech. Fuck that mech. Fuck that mech. Fuck that mech. Fuck that mech. Fuck that mech. Fuck that mech. Fuck that mech. Fuck that mech.

That is all to be said about the golem.

when are you releasing chapter 11
When it is finished.

Level 10
It seems to be a WarCraft 3 issue since the entire tooltip is included in the item's data.
Too much text for the game I guess.
Will have to cut parts of it then, thanks for letting me know.

That too much text thing is the case of several maps loading screens. The history text on map loading screen is always cut mid-sentence.

Level 3
In chapter 9 I noticed inconsistencies in marking units as living or undead. Pit Lord is undead but all other demons are living. Lasher, Shadow Caller and Mirazeyl (Spider archer Hero) are living, but drider (spider archer unit) is undead.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Keep up the good work And make that golem easier :D
The golem destroyed the entire campaign.
I am not joking, after its creation, all chapter would lead to a crash to desktop.
That is why it will never ever even considered to be re-added.

In chapter 9 I noticed inconsistencies in marking units as living or undead. Pit Lord is undead but all other demons are living. Lasher, Shadow Caller and Mirazeyl (Spider archer Hero) are living, but drider (spider archer unit) is undead.
Thanks for letting me know, that is not intended to be like that, gonna fix it!

Level 9
@Shar Dundred, that's odd. Why would 1 unit break the whole campaign.

Question: is it possible to add some sort of system to where we can change our choices to see how different choices affect a new chapter instead of having to play through the entire campaign again? For example, if that is Lerrig in the Chapter 11 screenshot, but we killed him in chapter 1, is it possible to somehow give us a choice of having him live just to see how that affects the chapter? I know doing it like that might cause spoilers at the beginning of the chapter, but it'd be better than playing the entire campaign again just to see what our different choices do.

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

I wonder how could a single unit cause so much trouble. What kind of perversion that guy was supposed to be?

Level 22
I think the model may have been corrupted, or something like that. There are instances where models can crash and affect the entire map (or campaign file in this case)
Anyway i think we should stop discussing this further. Even i am sorry for going off-topic.

Level 11
i cant wait for the release of chapter 11, i deeply hope that itlll be everything that i thought this ch would be, been hating van durce for a long ass time

Level 2
now that Shar mentions it again, the Orange Paladin model, the tips about 'right choice long, long ago' and 'an old friend', which reminds me of...

Aaron the Sacrificing and his remnants after the siege of Derryn Outpost

since that was one of the earliest choices to be made in the 1st book, and
Salana & Aaron were old friends

Last edited:
Level 29
now that Shar mentions it again, the Orange Paladin model, and the tips about 'right choice long, long ago', which reminds me of...

Aaron the Sacrificing

since it was one of the earliest choice have to be made in the 1st book

Well, Aaron is dead so... We either killed him or Genethas did it offscreen...

Level 20
Could it be Aron?
I have my doubts...Remember there were alot demoms and maruding Orcs on that area beside Genethas/Sir Lering forces...

But i cant seem to remember another paladin of that model(beside the randomly generated ones,or that one accompanying Cleavhand).

Level 2
I don't think it's going to be Aaron since he had an Arthas model, while the paladin in the spoiler screenshot had an Uther model.

I'm already aware of that one, but who knows, perhaps the Paladin is one of Aaron's subordinates, at the moment I can hardly think of any other party besides the unknown fate of Aaron and his men

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Progress report:
We're doing some fine progress for Eleven, I expect it to be a chapter that'll take quite a while to be completed - and a challenge too!
Of course, due to the number of characters participating in that mission, there will be quite some dialogue ingame.

I would also like to use this opportunity to make an announcement regarding Chapter Fourteen:
It will NOT be released here, neither will the Epilogue. The reason for that is quite simple:
Once it has been tested A LOT - and I mean A LOT - the entire campaign will be improved and polished
and then uploaded to the Map Section - as it should be.
Then you can play the entire Second Human Book in its final state with all improvements, polish and improvements
in one playthrough.
You will of course be notified once the campaign has been uploaded.
Regardless, we still have a while until we reach that point, but we are getting closer to the finish
line every day.

Stay tuned!

Level 10
Progress report:
We're doing some fine progress for Eleven, I expect it to be a chapter that'll take quite a while to be completed - and a challenge too!
Of course, due to the number of characters participating in that mission, there will be quite some dialogue ingame.

I would also like to use this opportunity to make an announcement regarding Chapter Fourteen:
It will NOT be released here, neither will the Epilogue. The reason for that is quite simple:
Once it has been tested A LOT - and I mean A LOT - the entire campaign will be improved and polished
and then uploaded to the Map Section - as it should be.
Then you can play the entire Second Human Book in its final state with all improvements, polish and improvements
in one playthrough.
You will of course be notified once the campaign has been uploaded.
Regardless, we still have a while until we reach that point, but we are getting closer to the finish
line every day.

Stay tuned!

Gone are those days when you said you wanna the book released before 2018 :D :D

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

Gone are those days when you said you wanna the book released before 2018 :D :D
It was an impossible quest from the start. One cannot simply pull off 5 chapters in like 4 months or so. I think an optimistic date would be somewhat september 2018.

Level 2
Perhaps I'm a bit late with playing, but I really enjoy this custom made campaign, and I can't wait for the next one to come out, it just doesn't seem like there is much progress being made am I right? Will u still be making the other remaining missions/books? I'm sorry if I offended you, but I'm just curious alone for the storyline :p