• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Hive Workshop: What If..

Do you think The Hive Workshop would be great having a Game Convention Center?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
NEWS_-_PAX_East_is_Now_Americas_Biggest_Game_Convention_-_2.jpg
game-developers-2011-a-l.jpg
i21515.jpg

the%20hive%20workshop.png
taurenpriestt10tdol.gif

The Hive Workshop: Convention Center?

On behalf of enjoying this site as the respected and known to everyone as the "Heart of Warcraft III/Starcraft II Gaming".
I wonder, what if our Chieftain [Ralle] was so successful for this community that he got so rich all of a sudden and he decided to create a game convention center? I mean wouldn't that be great? to see members in personal and talk to each other, play warcraft and starcraft games, attend at real life contests, learn real triggering tutorials or sessions from people who knows it, and view exotic arts and crafts made by everyone from this site, that would be really good.

To you guys, what do you think? Will it be Bad or Good to have a dream convention center to be real or just, a simple dream actually?

l6XHVF8ChWK.png
Poll:
I Provided a Poll just for a quick answer for everyone instead of saying unusual topics such as Naruto: Ninja boys lovers, and blah blah blah that is not related to a real convention center:

194715-albums4664-picture45835.jpg

194715-albums4664-picture45836.png

194715-albums4664-picture45833.jpg

194715-albums4664-picture45834.jpg

Everyone Please Avoid The Following Statements:

-Personal attacks and insults [converging to a flame war]
-Unrelated Topics [ex. "I just came", "you must construct additional pylons!"]
-Abusive Net-Speak ("i em an ork an killin som hummies iz mah jab!")
-Trolling or derailing the conversation
-Spam or dumping objects like hell

For us to have good and clean topic about this, have a good debate everyone :)

Last edited:
Level 24
Well this convention would be like a mix of nerd convention and october fest(beer fest(fest=party))

Level 9
I mean wouldn't that be great? to see members in personal and talk to each other, play warcraft and starcraft games, attend at real life contests,

it would be cool but i mean 70% of people in hive are nerds..

if you meet them you probably just ended up geting nerd raged..

there are 2 categories of nerds

1)cocky:always wanna win and tell how great they were in coD,and bad breath

2)good:although kinda geeky,they stil help you when your in trouble and
they know what they are doing...and btw of course bad breath too :D

just sayin..

Level 10
We had an actual talk about this in the chat, i think, like, a year ago or so.

Ok, it would be nice, but really, thinking about it, nothing could be done on such a convention that would make it a real convention. You know, for instance, the E3 convention and other gaming conventions are there mostly to present the gaming Developer's projects and give it a little publicity and hype, among other things. What would you show there, your maps? I don't think so. Another thing is that a lot of us Hivers (me included) can't really afford it to fly to... where-ever. Another thing is that no forum, and i mean no forum, ever, succeeded in making itself a life convention, and never will. Now, if it was not exclusively about Blizzard's Warcraft and Starcraft, and if Ralle was really rich and got more partners to do so... If it was about gaming as in a whole, it might succeed. (Now, lame usage of the word "Money") Making an actual convention takes time, money, more money, a place to rent (of course, with money), inspiration to pay for it with money, profit from it, money... money, a little amount of people'll actually come to it because of their money, Ralle can't pay for those awesome special effects, props, etc. you see on other conventions with his money, I wouldn't be allowed to come, which would be a tragedy to the whole community... NOW, IF everyone donated about 10000 dollars... it might come true, and Ralle might actually get that rich (About 10000 users that are active, 10000 users x 10000 dollars = 1000000000 dollars for Ralle... which would make him the richest man on the planet to date).

Level 30
To see this in reality, these plans would really, really won't work, yes I mean everything will start on Money since that is the source of the world's problem, and seeing Ralle must be have something in his mind to earn such vast currency to compete such a task, second is location, it requires him to search a perfect spot where everyone can Identify it and be know to all which is too impossible because its a Blizzard property, and likewise in other countries where some people can't go through, and third its affiliates, yes Ralle would really need a lot of minions to work this thing out that must know everything here in this site, and while there are it. he too must store materials, employees, mechanics, etc. having a convention for all of us is really good when you come to think of it, and for a forum talk, well that could be replaced with an actual conversation, girls here are a few, which is not true, because of what I observed, there are more girls that too really like warcraft very much. and finally on to its conclusions, I believe this will only be a dream haven for all of us, just like another fairy tale.

but if you could visualize it a little further, when this guy becomes a rich-smart person he could create a way where all of this plans would come to work, about the money and flight situation, well he can make a branch for it and spread it to countries that still adore warcraft/starcraft games, custom that is, and not just these topics, but more.

That is incorrect. I have met many friends from the internet and they have become good friends. Even if some of them are from other countries.

It maybe like that in the first time, but once you start to know people they can be very nice. It's like every time you start in a new school: new people and new friends!

Aeroblyctos is right, there is nothing bad meeting people with different types of attitudes, may it be a nerd talk, emo cutting society, or aliens they can still be good friends actually.

And I'd get drunk.
that I like!, and a good exception ((;

Level 9
ill gank trigger happy if i saw the real him

Nerd talk is cool..i have a few nerds in my class....when they talk they like to add sound effects and hand sign

example:i saw a plane it crash then it ''brushzzzz!!!!..kabooommmm!!''

Last edited:
Level 22
I hate Naruto
really?

Distributing naruto spellpacks on flash drives would be awesome, free flash drives are always good. I'd suggest to them handing it out on laptop's though.

Use a local meeting place for each country, synchronize the meeting time, connect each location via the internet, hope there are opposite sexes, and lastly, PROFIT!!!

Level 16
well, what i thought about was Ralle spending all his donations
and then going on a vacation with all the rest of the Hive.

first meeting: Jordon would get stabbed in the back
second day: everyone got drunk
Third day: uhmm, continue this, i don't know what will happen anymore

Level 7
Its pretty weird meeting people from the internet...

Conversing with a group of individuals online is different as to interacting with them in real life. Its just not the same.

Though it would be a great idea to promote the website and expand the community, it will require a lot of funding.

Level 30
About that ticket fee, yeh that was kinda good. you know he will send us a news bulletin about his richness and convention plans that he would wants us to go in that place and giving us free ticket, food, [girls?], and hotel and that would be awesome!

on other theories, what more ideas can be implemented in the convention center?

Five people pay ~1000 dollars to fly over to a convention center and have a conversation about ponies.
I lold! I might end up being one of them :D

Status
Not open for further replies.