• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Hive Workshop Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
We need you at the unofficial Hive Workshop Wiki!

Hello there every Hiver! As you might, or might not know Mashuga31 founded an unofficial Hive Workshop Wiki a long time ago. He eventually gave up the project after a while, believing it to be a too hard job to hand alone. After that, the wiki lay silent for months, until I dicovered it during this summer. I helped a lot organizing the wiki, as well as brought many productive Hivers with me to help out. Unfortunately that also led a huge group of vandals to the place and in the end the group had spread over the entire wiki taking control of the place, and as the only admin Mashuga31 had gone inactive once again, the future looked dark for the Hive information site.

However, I succeeded in bringing the vandals down, and I have just gotten administrative rights on the site after several adoption request attempts. Additionally, Mashuga31 is back and active, so together we're more ready than ever to get the wiki project rolling! That is also why I think this is the right moment to announce and advertise the wiki, sharing it with any helpful Hiver who wants to lend a hand :)

So now is the time to step up and help out editing the wiki's pages, and adding new ones! We support articles on all topics regarding the Hive Workshop, including former, current and future historical events that have happened here (Example; The "Zero Tolerance" era), the forums and all their sub-forums - even threads like "Ban the Barry-drug". We of course also want as many articles on members, as possible - however, having witnessed many users adding member pages for themselves I'd like to put straight that member pages are meant as informative articles about the member, not personal spaces to unfold for the represented user - such things can be done in one's personal wiki user profile, or through blog posts instead. Lastly, we of course also strive to create as many resource-pages as possible, including every kind of resources available on the Hive.

Of course, the pages we have so far all need loving hands, as most of our content so far is still new and fresh, and we need loads of loads of new pages! But feel free to join our collaborative community, and help out with this project. It can obviously only go one way - and that is the right way! So check it out - your help will be very appreciated. Look forward to see you there! :)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'll be more than happy to answer the best way I can :)
-Amargaard

Level 19
Although Hive already contains all the information that we strive to collect, a wiki like ours provides easier navigation to it, as well as the information gathered and stacked together in well-written articles for the curious people of the Hive :)

Level 30
Right on Amargaad, right on. But if I can neglect a few things I just want to say you and your team should not post enough information on events that can abuse other user's privacy, like recalling back the Zero Tolerance I know many(please excuse my shameful example) users here still can't push up during that time so I want you guys to just post the right ones, not the wrong ones. :thumbs_up:

Level 19
Don't doubt that I will of course strive to keep event pages as informative as possible, but obviously focus on the main events that happened, not putting a spotlight on those who acted shameful throughout the times. I have absolutely no intentions of writing hateful paragraphs about specific members in here. However, if I deem something to be of extreme relevance to the topic, it is highly likely that it will be included in the text - but please keep in mind, that I'm always open for dialogue should such situations show up :)

Level 19
See, now we're talking! Thanks in advance, and I'll see to working on that sig once my computer has been revived again! :)
(Off-topic: A way too crazy party at my apartment this weekend ended up killing it, but NO REGRETS - it was the most awzum party EVUH!! :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.