• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Contest #30 - Mythological Characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Hello there!

Sorry for the delay, I've been dealing much with real life stuff, I don't have to explain tho. @Arowanna are you still willing to finish your entry?
Aight, I'll skip the IIHF today and finish the entry, shouldn't take too long. I hope. But I've said that before, lol. If nothing else, give me a penalty for a delayed entry!

Edit 1
Slowly getting there, should be done by midnight. Feathers! I'll see if I can fake some scales next, preferably better than the post above.

Bastard_4.png

Edit 2
Some stuff left, but it's past midnight and I'm nodding off. I'll upload tomorrow if that's okey. Again, just strike some points from me if I'm nagging up too much time.

Bastard_5.png

Edit 3

Ooookey... So I might have fucked up, it appears that the alpha channel stops working as soon as the Hydralisk mesh plays anims. I've no idea why this would be a thing...

Last edited:
Level 25
Well, I fucked up and I've no idea what to do about it. The alpha works at times in 'WC3 Viewer', but it doesn't work in-game either way. So I guess it's time to forfeit.

I could add more feathers to the plume, make the teeth larger and what not that would need fixing. But I'm way too bitter for that right now. The fact that I didn't check the alpha before I started is stupid enough.
upload_2019-5-17_20-43-15.png
Bastard_6.png

Edit 1
And Kimbo's old revision of the Hydralisk uses teamcolor on the "mantle/shield" of the Hydralisk, so I can't backtrack and use it instead either...

Bastard_7.png

Last edited:
Level 34
Well, I fucked up and I've no idea what to do about it. The alpha works at times in 'WC3 Viewer', but it doesn't work in-game either way. So I guess it's time to forfeit.

I could add more feathers to the plume, make the teeth larger and what not that would need fixing. But I'm way too bitter for that right now. The fact that I didn't check the alpha before I started is stupid enough.
View attachment 323129View attachment 323130

Edit 1
And Kimbo's old revision of the Hydralisk uses teamcolor on the "mantle/shield" of the Hydralisk, so I can't backtrack and use it instead either...

View attachment 323131
Jesus O_O i would love to see you making a remake of this model's texture: Hakkar The Soulflayer !!!

Level 25
Wow... I had to check it for myself to believe it, but apparently there is not a single alpha area on the Hydralisk's texture and model. That's depressing and also really freaky. Sorry to hear that Arowanna...

3d12968431.png

This is actually done in 3D rather than alpha'd out. I'm confused about Blizzard's intentions here..
It's an extremely sloppy model in general, probably made in a rush before the Gold Master of the game, I'd guess anyway.

Look at the death anim, it's hilariously odd. There's an alpha channel in the .BLP, but it serves no purpose and is all "white"; or 0, I guess? The UW map utilize far less space than it should, with some really horrible mistakes present in it as well. The list goes on :p

Anyway, I'll stop whining and just fix it as well as I can.

All done guys? If yes, we could move onto the public poll to avoid further delays.
Well, deadline is already more than over. And it seems no one would finish their entry anymore, unless they desire to work; which I don't think so, since nobody is replying.

So I guess we should carry on with 4 entries.

Status
Not open for further replies.