• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Contest #18 - UI

Status
Not open for further replies.
the%20hive%20workshop.png

1goevm.jpg

texturing.png
contest.png
number.png
1.png
8.png

UI
Contestants are to create a User Interface skin. Contestants may use any race as a base.

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

• No submission may violate any of the site rules.
  • If a submission does not follow the skin submission rules the creator will be disqualified.
  • Your submission must be posted before the deadline. The post containing your final submission must also contain the following:
    • An in game screenshot showing your submission in action.
    • The file(s) in the appropriate format.
  • You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that it’s yours.
  • Your submission may not be started/made before the official launch of the contest.
  • Judges may not participate.
  • Teamwork is not allowed.
  • Textures must be no larger than 512 pixels in any dimension when submitted as final entry, though you may work in 1024 (or higher), but they must be resized down to 512 pixels on equal dimension textures when submitted.
  • You only have to skin the main UI - menus, buttons and so on are optional but earn you brownie points!

The following skins are required:
    • UITile01.blp
    • UITile02.blp
    • UITile03.blp
    • UITile04.blp
    • UITile-InventoryCover.blp
    • UITile-TimeIndicatorFrame.blp
prizes.png

• First Place: 50 reputation points and your entry on the award icon
  • Second Place: 35 reputation points and an award icon
  • Third Place: 20 reputation points and an award icon

judges.png

• shiik
  • Tell us if you want to judge!
contest%20judging%20and%20voting.png

Shading and Highlights
Is the skin shaded? Is the shading and Highlights appropriate? Does the shading fallow a consistent light source? Are metallic regions shaded correctly?/25%

Originality and Creativity
How original is this skin? Is it something new and interesting, or is it to creative? Does the skin have any resemblance to the original, or is it so different you need to tell us what it wraps around? Does the skin have a good underlying concept and idea?/25%

Texture Detail
Is the skin Blurry? How well are the detail created on the skin? Are the patterns, armor, joints and seams in new and innovative places or the same spot as the original skin? How well are the patterns created? How 3-dimensional does the texture make flat portions of the skin appear?/25%

In-Game Dynamics
How well does the skin work in WC3? Is the minimap, portrait, etc obstructed by the texture? Does it fit with WC3's art style?/25%
  • 75 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
  • 25 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
contest%20dates%20and%20deadline.png

• The contest shall begin on 12 Oct 2010 and conclude on 6th December 2010, 11:59, GMT

tips.png

Skinning something as big as the UI may look daunting but remember a lot of it is empty space!

Even though UITile04.blp is actually only 512x128, if it doesn't show up when viewing it ingame, resize it to 512x512 and WC3 will stretch it back to fit.​

Last edited:

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I guess I better get to work. :D

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I'm making a UI for my campaign, so I might join if it's worthy of joining a contest.

Strictly speaking, depending on when you started working on that UI, you can't really use "old works." P:

Level 6
lol...This contest is epic.
We've needed this....
You know what?
I've never textured in my life.
You know what else?
If I can figure out how to get blizzards UI files to work on, I'll join this :D

I'm going to come in last, you guys just wait! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.