• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Contest #16 - Nature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

Red

Level 26
I like it so far GnoobSauce. So far I'm really surprised by what units people are skinning. I was expecting an endless string of night elf units, but oddly, undead seems to be the popular race so far. I'm eagerly awaiting Pyramidhe@d and Mr. Goblin's skins...

Level 23
@Red Shift: I think it's because of the huge possibilities to change other races then nightelf. Nightelfs are linked to the nature already, so what to change? That's how I thought, so I came up with the CryptLord

@GnoobSauce: I would really like to see an ingame screenshot with that face, looks interesting right now!!!

Level 10
Eye can't be alpha'd so ill texture it the same as the eyes. other than that, the wrap looks good so far.
but just so you can see for yourself....

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 305
Mr Goblin would want to see some progress from me so...
my original plans of doing a crypt lord skin turned to metaphorical poop so i jsut did a naga

got rid of all the fins because they were ugly and didnt fit the look i was looking for.
pic2.jpg
pic1.jpg

the only thing really nice is the pattern. prolly use this texture to make my own stuff, rather than leaving it on the myrmiadon

guess my inspiration :D

this is prolly the finished version really. unless i get some feed backs. blp will be posted a bit later

The concept = epic..

but the texture chould use abit more love :D.. the quality is there.. but it looks very blurry from here.. also i'm happy you changed skin :D

so you better bring your ''pixel'' art in thaaa house! if you want to stand a chance :D

just imagine making icons.. but for a complete skin :D

Level 19
since missed my tablet at my parents house i have had to paint with mouse, again...its horrible!

well here is my first WIP:
wip1c.jpg

at the moment i dont rly know what this will become in the end, mb some kind of turtle or a cactuswarrior, u'll see :)

Nice model choice.
Reminds me of this pokemon.:grin:

Level 23
This might be my final version, maybe I'll still change some minor things, but I don't have time enough, to really do huge changes anymore.

Natures Incarnation: "The Incarnation of Nature is a huge creatur out of stone, vines and plants, in fact, it's stone kept alive by the nature to protect the nature itself. Everyone that tries to destroy or to pollute the environment has a powerful enemy against him, once the nature gives life to the Rocks."

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/skins-552/herocryptlord-blp-156184/

Attachments

• NaturesIncarnation.jpg
    NaturesIncarnation.jpg
    285.4 KB · Views: 152
  • HeroCryptLord.blp
    260 KB · Views: 48
Level 10
there is almost nothing added to that skin. i really dont like it all that much. it needs somthing fancy other than grey with a cloud filter and a couple grass along the bottom. Its something but not what i call dazzling.

and JS that looks good, i like the details but that rock is seriously not looking good with the wood.
I agree about m0rbids entry... but i have to disagree about JS's entry.. i think the rock fits fine with the wood

Level 23
I have taken a screenshot to prove that it is no sky filter or whatsoever, shall I post it here?
Also I tried to keep the shape of the body with light and shadows, maybe you can't see it so well on the pictures, but ingame it should be lightened on the top and shadow on the lower areas, that are not in the light.

Status
Not open for further replies.