• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Contest #16 - Poll

Vote for your favourite entry!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
the%20hive%20workshop.png

cenarius1-300x271.jpg

texturing.png
contest.png
number.png
1.png
6.png

poll.png

entries.png

disclaimer.png

Inviting your friends to vote for you, bribing random members with rep and otherwise cheating with the VB poll system will get you DISQUALIFIED, BANNED from future contests, -REPPED, and possibly INFRACTED. So don't do it!

This includes, but is not limited to, sending PMs out to various users, getting other people to send those PMs, advertising this contest on other sites with the intention to gain more votes (whether it is explicitly stated or not), and so on. If you are suspected of cheating, the staff will notify you and interrogate you (hopefully) over PMs. <3​

Last edited:
Level 12
Voted for Mr. Goblin's skin, I did, because I thought it had the best quality. Zadelim's known skin is good but is more of a modification imo.
Next in line:
2. Morbid's Deep Sea Sleeper - awesome but terribly awkward
3. Darkholme's Boreal Hound - again, terrific but strange, and unrealistic imo.
Great job to all of the competitors!

Level 49
I was considering if Zadelim, Red_Shift or Mr.Goblin would get my vote... So I went the 'elimination method'. Zadelim would be my third choice - his skin was great and of nice quality, and quite original - but it was just a little TOO messy for my eyes. This leaves me with either Mr.Goblin or Red_Shift - in the end, I've decided to go for Mr.Goblin because his was more original and because I didn't think the skull on the Cursed Trespasser was fitting. However all(well, most) entires were great, a job well done to all contestants!

Level 17
Hey Guys.

Good contest.

I'll comment on the people who are winning.
The Cursed Tresspasser mostly looks good, but I find that skull looks horribly out of place. Zadelim's Forest Seeker is good, but needs more definition, and looks rather blurry. I like Mr. goblin's Corrupted Druid the most, but I don't like the little green gemstones he's covered in very much.

For my part, While I still really like the Idea behind my skin, I'll say that I agree it didn't turn out as well as I would have hoped. I like how the wood turned out, but I'm not satisfied with the leaves. The final texture needs some more touch ups to put the green and the wood together, and some things to make the texture a little more busy; possibly adding some teamcolor. When I have some time I just might fix it up and upload it as a regular submission.

As mentioned in the contest thread, my tablet pen broke, and I did the leaves with a mouse - which I'm not as good at anymore since I've gotten used to the tablet. My new stylus came in the mail the day after the contest ended. So it's not my best work, but there are some excellent skins in the lead, and we'll see which one wins.

Level 35
Hmm

My votes would be like this:

Red Shift

His entry is original and well made. Only downside is that he used a unit thats fairly easy to texture. But that doesn't make his work less worth praise. (And yea some shades as well)

Mr. Goblin

I like the creative approach to avoid the "stone/moss" thing which a lot of the other contestants used. The texture is however a bit messy and very dark, which means it doesn't fully get the justice it deserves. It also have a minor error with the cape and team color, but I consider that an issue with that model. Mr. Goblin gets my second for choosing this rather difficult model and being creative.

Lastly thisruoy

He gets my third spot for actually finishing a rather "good" texture this time while also going a completely different way then all the other textures. Deserves praise :smile: Shame he never made the head to fit.

Level 26
amazing entries by everyone, but i would have to say that my vote goes to darkholme. Ya, it was one of the simpler entries, but i felt that it was very well done. It might not be the most detailed or realistic :/, but i absolutely love the clean lines and almost cartoon-esq quality. Because in a game like wc3, the cartoon style actually looks better ingame. I felt that the texture quality transferred to ingame the best with this entry.

I loved red shift's texture too, and if it were put in a different (better) game, then it would definitely get my vote, but ingame, some of the detail was lost. Same with Mr.Goblin's entry, great amount of detail, but a lot of it was lost when wrapped on a model ingame.

anyway, superb work by everyone

Level 4
I voted for Mr. Goblin's... just looks the best, though I think they're all well made.

Does votes for yourself count? XP

Level 16
As many great entries as there are, I'd have to vote for Zadelim. It's been awesome seeing his model improve over the past month, and he's shown outstanding determination while still being helpful and supportive of others' work. :D

Wow! Thanks for the vote ya! Yours also show very nice definition on it! :D
Sorry I can't vote you, because I accidently vote myself!

Level 4
Choice was difficult between the Corrupted Druid(+ for Beauty/Detail), the Trespasser(+Originality/Detail) and the wooden wolf(+Usefulness/Originality). My vote goes to Mr. Goblin because the Corrupted Druid was the most beautiful, had the same (if not even more) detail as the Trespasser and is generally useful in different situations (I'd mostly cinematics) even if it wasn't very original. That wooden wolf on the other hand seems very useful in all kinds of maps (especially as a summon) but it wasn't looking awesome enough to get my vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.