• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Contest #13 - POLL!

Vote!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hive Workshop Modeling Contest #13 POLL!

BlinkBoy and TDR are judging! :D

Disclaimer

Inviting your friends to vote for you, bribing random members with rep and otherwise cheating with the VB poll system will get you DISQUALIFIED, BANNED from future contests, -REPPED, and possibly INFRACTED. So don't do it!

This includes, but is not limited to, sending PMs out to various users, getting other people to send those PMs, advertising this contest on other sites with the intention to gain more votes (whether it is explicitly stated or not), and so on. If you are suspected of cheating, the staff will notify you and interrogate you (hopefully) over PMs. <3

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 14
I voted for this skrab fellow's barracks because I felt it fit the best with the in-game environment. It just barely beat out the 'necro stronghold' by TA, and I say just barely because I feel like the texture choice was better by a fraction on the 'rax.

Em!

Em!

Level 25
lez see, shrine of khorne, nothing original or anything creative or inspired, more like unimaginative compilation of outworld doodad done quickly without much effort *much like how i did buildings when i just started modeling hmm next
chinatemple is pretty useless for all maps except for anime or japanise themed maps but it is well done.
don´t like necrostronghold, doesn´t fit war3 too green and dull overall even though it is well made.
Shrine is okey, still lacking something.
Human barracks is pretty good!
No screenshot of this papylon so i don´t care for it. Too lazy to bother downloading it.
No screenshot for towers, really bothersum, you would get less votes for that mech but i´ve already seen it and loved it cause its dark elven which are my favorite race.
No screenshot for slavehut think i saw it on hive in the modeling section, didn´t much care for it. Could be useful but other than that, its not gonna win the competition.

Even though if i wouldn´t know mech or because of the fact that the tower is made for my dark elven race it would still get my vote!

Oh, there is no screenshot in my post. Pyritie, can you perhaps edit that post and add the screenshot. It is located somewhere in the thread, if you don't feel, I attached here one (but it's lower quality)

Also the name it's supposed to be called Archon's tower. But that guy who was supposed to use this model, wasn't avalaible because was gone emo had some serious stuff to do IRL thus the name came a bit too late.

Attachments

• roof.jpg
    roof.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 370
Level 34
I added your picture Mechanical Man.
I would suggest xXMephistoXx and ike ike do the same thing, or they might lose votes due to lazy members.

Oh, now this is just insulting. D;

/me cries.

Btw, I voted for myself. Is that cheating? I have no freaking idea. But if it is, please remove my vote.
Well, it's not really cheating but your vote will be void. :p

I'm not sure about Blinkboy's vote, are the judges allowed to vote and judge? Maybe now we already know who won on judgeing D:

Well technically yes, they can vote. I think it's best if they don't, but I guess there's no harm in voting. :p

lez see, shrine of khorne, nothing original or anything creative or inspired, more like unimaginative compilation of outworld doodad done quickly without much effort

lol. so true its painful
should have just fixed my stupid fish

papylon's particle emitters looked the most interesting althou i didnt like the texture of the building

and HT's model is like WOW!

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Pyramidhe@d's "Shrine of Khorne" – It's a building made out of doodads. I don't find it very useful. I guess I was expecting more from Pyramidhe@d, considering his previous models.

Mr. Bob's "Chinese Temple" – Great model with any building's basic animations. It looks definitely good! Unfortunately, it seems not everyone likes Chinese culture. This is a very good candidate for a vote.

Happy Tauren's "Necro Stronghold" – Looks very good, but I find it a little large. In-game, I don't remember any pathing map that would suit this building. A candidate for doodad more than an in-game building.

Thrikodius's "Shrine of the Deathwalker" – An altar? If yes, then it's another one to add to the already long list of them. The model looks interesting, though.

Skrab's "Human Barracks" – Definitely the one that catches your eye. After contemplating it various times, though, it looks a little weird: why mix stone with wood? The statues don't really fit in there either. Finally, the UBERSPLAT (building ground texture) doesn't fit with it, and I don't know of any which would. Notice how the tiles are placed to the left (right for the building) of the door.
A very positive thing with this model is that it adds to the short list of real Human (non-elvish-or-dwarfish-looking) structures. It's a pity the model's so big (in file size).

Mechanical Man's "Towers" – Awesome model! I don't get what those little orange things are, nor how that small tower is held up that high without any support (o_O), but if the model followed the contest's rules on the aspect of having the basic animations (birth, decay, death), then you get my vote!

As for the other modelers, I believe you'll be very prejudiced for not having uploaded an image. People are too lazy to download the model and then the Model Editor to end up clicking on a button.
Mechanical Man, please attach the image to the model submission, I believe lots of people will follow the voting link too.

Last edited:
Level 25
Skrab's "Human Barracks" – Definitely the one that catches your eye. After contemplating it various times, though, it looks a little weird: why mix stone with wood? The statues don't really fit in there either. Finally, the UBERSPLAT (building ground texture) doesn't fit with it, and I don't know of any which would. Notice how the tiles are placed to the left (right for the building) of the door.
A very positive thing with this model is that it adds to the short list of real Human (non-elvish-or-dwarfish-looking) structures. It's a pity the model's so big (in file size).

Have you tested my model in-game?
about the file size hmm the ingame barracks has 146kb my has 219kb
But mine has more stuff moveing around then on ingame barracks.

Btw voters, please actually DOWNLOAD THE MODEL to get the full effect. Interior, chains, ropes, ladders, etc.

Anyway, does the poll matter? Or is there a set of judges? What determines the outcome?

Modelling contests tend to have better polls (in terms of drama etc) so that's why the poll counts for a lot here. We might make it 75%-25% in future contests though. :D

And yeah, we have two judges as always. This time it's BlinkBoy and TDR, so prepare for some good critique :p

My vote was between the necro stronghold and the human barracks.
I voted for the necro stronghold because overall, it was a higher quality model. i believe it's from 40k but it doesnt really match the 40k one that well.
I didnt choose the human barracks for 2 reasons. 1, there's really no ground pathing that it would fit on and 2, the campaign flag textures didnt match the model at all.
The con to the necro stronghold was that it didn't really fit ingame at all. the pathing is strange and it would be th only non-rotated building in the game. It looks badass though.

Level 31
Modelling contests tend to have better polls (in terms of drama etc) so that's why the poll counts for a lot here. We might make it 75%-25% in future contests though. :D

And yeah, we have two judges as always. This time it's BlinkBoy and TDR, so prepare for some good critique :p

So how much does this poll count towards the actual outcome? Whats the percentage?

... no...
If everyone makes excellent models there will be only friend votes and those with less friends will get banned.

Lol.

I personally found all the models useful. None of them were terrible. As for voting, I think if every person wanted to win bad enough, they would have posted screenshots in the first place. A good screenshot could make any model look good, and thats what it's about; Looking good in-game.

Shrine of Khorne:
Looks like random doodads bunched together instead of something we could call a building. Yes, the doodads are custom, there are even more tier animations, but I don't really like buildings without fundaments and where I have to use too much immagination to figure out what it is.

Chinese temple:
Nice model, although I see room for several improvements. Like more build meshes, colision shape, better proportions and paper thin walls disturb me a bit (but aren't there in China or Japan used very thin walls). Adding interior is nice, but not really noticeable in game, but it could be used for cinematics or close terrain shots, also the portrait could show this part to somehow highlight it.

Necro stronghold:
Mesh itself is very good, but the skin it's too monochromatic for my taste and anims nije baš nešto. Also it isn't really that original :p *cough* homm5 *cough*

Shrine of the Deathwalker:
Apparently Thrikodius managed to make much better stuff, so that rule "if Thrikodius can do it, everyone can" doesn't apply anymore, I'm sure that MasterHaosis wouldn't be able to do this :p Although is quite simple, a skull over pool with claws around, but it could be used as altar or something.

Human Barracks:
Quite good, build animation it's especially good (I wonder if Armies of Exigo's barracks has also such animation). It has almost everything that wc3 buildings do, only thing that bothers me is why the tower part remains after death, which is particularly annoying as your troops can then move through it. Good choice to use it as alternate wc3 barracks.

Papylon:
If the author could say something what that thing actually is, I could say something about it. But now I'm just confused what this guy wanted to do.

Slave hut:
Meh, too simple imo, it's just a murloc in cage, it would be more suitable as a doodad, not a buildable building.

For the vote, I'm confused between skrab and Mr.Bob, but I'll vote Mr.Bob because it's more original :D and it I will use it in my next Naruto map :D

1. Mr.Bob
2. skrab
3. HappyTauren
4. Thrikodius
5. Pyramidhe@d
6. ike_ike
7. xXMephistoXx

so, actually you tightened the rules? so it is called cheating if you ask an actual friend of yours to vote for you? or only when you ask random members?

Asking anyone to specifically vote for you is against the rules. However, having something in your signature such as "Modeling contest poll!" or "Vote!" is fine. Something like "Vote for me and get FREE +REP :infl_thumbs_up::infl_thumbs_up:" is not.

Level 14
Asking anyone to specifically vote for you is against the rules. However, having something in your signature such as "Modeling contest poll!" or "Vote!" is fine. Something like "Vote for me and get FREE +REP :infl_thumbs_up::infl_thumbs_up:" is not.

Are you allowed to put into the sig "Rep me and I'll vote for your contest submission"?

Status
Not open for further replies.