• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Icon Contest #13 - Poll

Which entry do u vote?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed these suspicious accounts (new accounts)....
kondas
viruscity17
wardrom

I think, there's someone who trying to deceive us... (morbent and I) -_-

VirusCity17 registered at 06-16-2013, I wouldn't call that "new". The other two are just a coincidence. Besides, Hive has same-ip detection system where it can detect if the user registered multiple accounts per IP.

On the worst case, even if someone asked other "new" users to vote for them- you have no proof. If moderators suspect something they will try to question those accounts.

Regardless, this is just a small contest in the huge universe of Internet. There will always be cheaters, there's nothing you can do about it. We should not discuss these useless accusations without proof.

Ironically the users you accused had voted for you(excluding kondas), that's a terrible thing for you to accuse somebody with no proof.

I voted my self sorry, I didn't notice the rule, but don't count it :) it's unintentional :) sorry :)
But I like morbent's entry :)
I was wondered if u realy made a mistake, but i looked over other polls that u participated, and, in this thread(Terraining Contest #15: Poll) i found this:
BlazeKraze said:
Oh no, I voted myself, How I can remove it ??? Sorry , I don't know how to remove . .. . I think you don't need to count my vote or maybe I disqualified , .. T_T

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Well, tell your cousin to stay careful. If she votes as you it will get you disqualified.

"Inviting your friends to vote for you, bribing random members with rep and otherwise cheating with the VB poll system will get you DISQUALIFIED, BANNED from future contests, -REPPED, and possibly INFRACTED. So don't do it!"
Already been said, but his sister/cousin voting for him does not necessarily indicate she was asked/bribed/coerced into doing so.

This contest started so well and now it's about to turn in but ANOTHER Hive drama. I ask everyone to STOP talking about bullshit conspiracy theories and suspicions as long as there are no proofs. You''re wasting EVERYBODY'S time - especially the mods'.

Just shut it and let Sin do his job if he thinks something is wrong. Goddamnit, why are there always jealous idiots who either bribe others, vote for themselves and then are like "Oh my bad!" or bad-mouth other users? Stop ruining stuff like that or it might be possible, that there will NO new contests, if the mods have enough of it.

If you are unable to accept a public poll's result or a defeat, stop participating in contests!
Dude, calm down.

Moreover, there's not going to be a stop to the Contests; at least, they can't stop us from competing with each other. Mods just make Contests "official" (moving them around) & give out the prizes; regular Users suggest ideas, Host them, and compete in them.

I was wondered if u realy made a mistake, but i looked over other polls that u participated, and, in this thread(Terraining Contest #15: Poll) i found this:

That's why I said, don't count it. I already notified people here. It's unintentional....
My vote is 11 only :)
And I think, we have brain to notice that....
So, if someone voted themselves, why you count it? It's already "ONE" vote, then you must subtract it.
Dude, easy....
First of all, when I saw a poll, I always click my self without reading the rules. Because some polls allowed people to vote themselves (like poll ideas). Then, I thought I can vote my self to this contest and it is my first time to join in icon contest. So, I said "SORRY" and I said "how to remove it?", right? So, My vote is 11.

@BlazeKraze, I find it curious how from all of the entries you miss-clicked right on yours?
How come that you haven't miss-clicked on PeeKay's or eubz's?

Now, I can understand WISDOM since he's new but you...

Not quite an accusation but more of a question mark.

Common sense men, That's why I notified people here. Look at my previous comments.

You cannot vote for yourself. If a voter has the same IP as the author then the vote will not be counted and it may result in the disqualification of the entry.
So, it's obvious that I voted my self and the rules said "MAY" means that there's a possibility. So I get disqualified now? Even I notified you. So, the good way is, don't count it.

Winimasker

W

Winimasker

Kyrbi0 said:
Already been said, but his sister/cousin voting for him bla bla bla...

The worst case ever...

~Nightmare, maybe you should tell your sister that icon contest poll's rule to avoid such case.

By the way, your icons are nice, especially the first icon. :)

Winimasker

W

Winimasker

I'm exciting who will be the top one in this icon contest! :O

Too zeal for me to watch its progress. :)

All contestants are excellent!

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
Shit! I wrote some criticisms but I accidentally closed the tab so I lost them :(

I wrote some for Peekay, Sin'dorei300, and morbent, but I'm too lazy to re-write them all :p So in short,

Peekay, you are an incredible artist! Your entries just need some brightness and contrasts.

Sin'dorei300, I think your entries are not as good as usual, they seem less detailed than your other icons.

morbent, as always, I hope you are not bored yet to hear "your icons are awesome" :)

Heinvers, Hello! :D

I also wrote something about "I always voted myself in every contest bla bla bla..." but, nevermind...

BLazeKraze has been officially disqualified from Icon Contest #13.

Now it's not about disqualification but the fact that he put all that work into it for this contest. It's really a shame to have made that little mistake and cost him that much.

Shit! I wrote some criticisms but I accidentally closed the tab so I lost them :(

I wrote some for Peekay, Sin'dorei300, and morbent, but I'm too lazy to re-write them all :p So in short,

Peekay, you are an incredible artist! Your entries just need some brightness and contrasts.

Sin'dorei300, I think your entries are not as good as usual, they seem less detailed than your other icons.

morbent, as always, I hope you are not bored yet to hear "your icons are awesome" :)

Heinvers, Hello! :D

I also wrote something about "I always voted myself in every contest bla bla bla..." but, nevermind...

heh, I still wait for that review/mini insight :p

Let's remember who started this conflict on useless accusations:

I noticed these suspicious accounts (new accounts)....
kondas
viruscity17
wardrom

I think, there's someone who trying to deceive us... (morbent and I) -_-

After all, BlazeKraze has voted himself three* times in a row for each contest. And yet he accused some random people that "they" are trying to deceive. Isn't that too obvious? He wants to put attention to them regardless of his rule breaking.

Sin'dorei300 is actually just doing his job as a moderator. PeeKay there is no attitude here, it is a priority for moderators to make sure that the contest is being played fair.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

In just 3 pages shit got real...

Sucks for blaze. I really liked his warlock-y icons.

That's why I said "sorry" because I didn't notice men, why you disqualified me? I stated my reason? I think you disqualified me because of my votes. -_-
The rules said "may be disqualified" so it is possible that's why I stated my reason. And I said, don't count it. Tsk.
You cannot vote for yourself. If a voter has the same IP as the author then the vote will not be counted and it may result in the disqualification of the entry.

This is unfair. -_-
Do you think I voted my self to win? No! That's why I said don't count it.
So Unfair, Think about it, you spent time to create an icon for nothing. Tsk Unfair men....

Now it's not about disqualification but the fact that he put all that work into it for this contest. It's really a shame to have made that little mistake and cost him that much.

A little mistake is big for this moderator, I don't know what his problem. Because he was a child and didn't not understand the mistake of the person.
I stated my reason and he didn't listen to me.

@Moderator. Please don't disqualified me, You don't have concrete reason to disqualified me, I said that "It's unintentional" because of not reading the rules....
It's not logical, do you think I already know the rules? because of my previous mistake? It's been a long time men, almost a year therefore I forgot it. You didn't know what I'm thinking.

I think that arguing and negative attitude is the reason, not only the vote itself.

Bad attitude? I'm explaining my opinion here, do you think is right? It's not reasonable because it's a fallacy.
Argumentum ad hominem, instead of attacking the opinion, he attacks me. And it's not logical. I'm just explaining and I said "sorry"

How about W.I.S.D.O.M ? He have excuses and me has no excuses? Unfair men.
I didn't read the rules and I don't know what it is.

If a voter has the same IP as the author then the vote will not be counted
That's why I said don't count it. How many times I need to tell you mr. moderator?

Last edited:
That's why I said "sorry" because I didn't notice men, why you disqualified me? I stated my reason? I think you disqualified me because of my votes. -_-
The rules said "may be disqualified" so it is possible that's why I stated my reason. And I said, don't count it. Tsk.

Well, next time you would not make such a mistake. Learning from your mistakes is the best way to move forward.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
This is unfair. -_-
Do you think I voted my self to win? No! That's why I said don't count it.
So Unfair, Think about it, you spent time to create an icon for nothing. Tsk Unfair men....

Unfair? no.
You did a mistake, no one else. And if someone else made the same mistake they would get the same punishment as you.

However I agree, I think it's too harsh to remove someone from the competition because they voted for oneself.

Well, next time you would not make such a mistake. Learning from your mistakes is the best way to move forward.

You have no idea how hard I would try to punch you if you said that to my face if I was the one making the 'mistake'. Because I would be furious, and you are not helping in any way.
It's like getting a red card in football from offside. It's against the rules but it should not result in getting freaking expended.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Unlike you, BlazeKraze, WISDOM hadn't done this before. You forgot the rule, huh? It' LOGICAL not to vote for himself. And if it was allowed, it wouldn't change the fact that it's pathetic. It's also absolutely ridiculous that you say "I think you only did it because of my votes -_-". So, you think Sin has personal reasons? Bullshit.
Oh, about the "may". You haven't been disqualified last time, it makes only sense to disqualify you now.

Take it like a man instead of whining around like a child. You claim to be 18, so stop acting a 10-year-old.

Now, enough of this discussion, it's not going to change a thing.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
It' LOGICAL not to vote for himself. And if it was allowed, it wouldn't change the fact that it's pathetic.
Not necessarily. He is a contestant, thus it's very LOGICAL that he wants to see the results? likely checking it quite often too. Clicking on the little link "show poll results" each time can be a tad annoying, thus voting would he a common choice. And since voting for someone else is.. simply retarded as a contestant as it just reduce your chances of winning. So he could just vote for himself, the vote would get excluded (by my logic that's the way to go) and he could see the results. It's not impossible to forget about such a rule if you are hyped to see how you are doing.

From my point of view that IS the best option. (don't take this one too seriously!)Getting disqualified for being smart ftw.

So, you think Sin has personal reasons? Bullshit.
It's actually quite logical since humans are all very egoistical.
Some not as much as others, obviously.

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Not necessarily. He is a contestant, thus it's very LOGICAL that he wants to see the results? likely checking it quite often too. Clicking on the little link "show poll results" each time can be a tad annoying, thus voting would he a common choice. And since voting for someone else is.. simply retarded as a contestant as it just reduce your chances of winning. So he could just vote for himself, the vote would get excluded (by my logic that's the way to go) and he could see the results. It's not impossible to forget about such a rule if you are hyped to see how you are doing.

From my point of view that IS the best option. (don't take this one too seriously!)Getting disqualified for being smart ftw.

It's actually quite logical since humans are all very egoistical.
Some not as much as others, obviously.

You appear to confuse smart with lazy and pathetic.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I am... Surprised to see such rapid action taken against Blazekraze, and can only hope it's got more going on 'behind the scenes' than simply a mistaken self-vote for justification.

What happens to all those (e.g. myself) who voted for him? Do we get a chance to re-vote? Or is our voting power just thrown into the Twisting Nether?

Winimasker

W

Winimasker

Actually I'm trying to turn the current meaningless title to the original title by praising all of contestants' masterpieces but it still keeps in being discussing after the appropriate action has been taken.

Owh... It is still related to current icon contest because the icon contest has rules but it just leads into arguing (may result in bringing more bad attitudes during the arguments).

If you are not satisfied with the current situation, you can just go to make something which are more meaningful (maybe you can just contact staffs, administrators or icon moderators for correction). And again... Don't discuss such off-topic (I consider it as off-topic even though such case relates to the current icon contest). The justice has come for icon contest's fairness. Please do not argue instead of sending PM to icon moderator for your correction. (I thought it is about the icon contest poll, it is not a topic "BlazeKraze is disqualified now. How? Should we free him from be punished?")

The rules are right and I agree them. First of all, it is impossible for someone to have the rights to vote himself/herself because it may result in cheating. Let's imagine another situation... Here we go...

Contestant No. 1 said:
Mwahahaha! I can just vote myself to ensure that I win the contest!

Icon contest poll is about voting someone's icons that are really great after your own judgement and consideration. It is not children's playing ground. These icons will be used for serving map creators. Map creators need more of them. Of course, it doesn't mean that you can break rules here. I advice you to read rules all the time if you forget something before you take the next action. Again... Don't express your feeling!

As I have said, it is too hard for me to vote either Sin'dorei300's or Peekay's icons entry because I'm inexperienced plus I need to learn more of them. Hmm... It is quiet tricky for me to vote so I don't vote either one of them.

Is that clear? Take a comment sense. :)
Ahem...! All icons are very good!
Good job!

Last edited by a moderator:
About BlazeKraze, the decision was taken after a discussion between staff members, so it's official.
I want to be clear - i don't have any personal reason.
Rules are rules for everyone.
Now, i'll clean this thread.

Edit: Those who voted for BlazeKraze can give their vote to someone else.
Please specify whom u want to give ur vote and i will take it into consideration.

Last edited:
About BlazeKraze, the decision was taken after a discussion between staff members, so it's official.

Please specify whom u want to give ur vote and i will take it into consideration.

Where's your discussions between staff members?
And why you remove my comments? I'm telling to you my reason, are you afraid?

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Did you clean this thread? I don't see my last comment anywhere.

Also, what was the blazekraze issue? He was "cheating" in what way?

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

He removed like 5 posts from me, so yeah overly cleaned.

Needlessly so too as my last post was actually useful.

@Sentry
TLDR; He voted for himself and made a huge deal about it.

How huge? Did he invited his mom to make an account to defend him?

Because honest mistakes can occur. And I liked his icons, so unless he also
stole them from somewhere, I think he invested into this. But you guys know
more, especially that paranoid high elf moderator that deletes posts.... :goblin_jawdrop:

''Where's your discussions between staff members?
And why you remove my comments? I'm telling to you my reason, are you afraid?''

Those discussions are not ur concern.
I've removed all comments that are off-topic, not only urs.
Like i said, u must bear the consequences of ur actions, prove the required maturity and get over that.

See??? It's not my concern? What?
This is my concern too because you need to show your proofs. Stop removing my comment.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Note: We have decided to undelete all posts in this thread.

He does not need to show proof. In fact if he did, he would be in trouble as a moderator. A moderator is not permitted to share whatever he likes from the Mod's Lobby without permission.

Last time you voted for yourself you were afraid of being disqualified, but we did not disqualify you. This time we did because somehow you managed to vote for yourself again.

No hard work is wasted if you ask me. All of you can submit your icons to the icons section and they will get a lot of praise and be used by many people.

Note: We have decided to undelete all posts in this thread.

He does not need to show proof. In fact if he did, he would be in trouble as a moderator. A moderator is not permitted to share whatever he likes from the Mod's Lobby without permission.

Last time you voted for yourself you were afraid of being disqualified, but we did not disqualify you. This time we did because somehow you managed to vote for yourself again.

No hard work is wasted if you ask me. All of you can submit your icons to the icons section and they will get a lot of praise and be used by many people.

It's too sad, because the second voting for my self is unintentional also.
It's too harsh to remove me from the contest because I stated my reason when I accidentally voted my self.
That's why I'm explaining to him but he didn't listen to me. I don't want to go into off-topic but the fact is, it is all about the contest therefore we have a right to explain something. To be clear. I spent my time to create those icons for nothing.
How about the votes of others to me?
In the first place I said "I'm sorry" and also I said "don't count it.".
When Sin'dorei300 found suspicious votes, I become suspicious also because I saw some unidentified accounts voting me therefore I said "I Think there's someone trying to deceive us. Then the fire starts.
But why they don't make a consideration, it's not logical that when I did it on last time, I will not do it again because I already know it because I forgot it. So opening our mind is the best. Thinking like, "Oh, he made a mistake again, maybe he forgotten the rules" then looking my reasons "Oh, he said sorry and begging not to count it, okay". Something like that. But what happens?
The last terraning contest was almost 1 year ago and maybe I forgot it. That's why I was shocked when I did it a mistake again and notified them.

Level 50

I want to give my vote to Peekay then if BK is out. Sorry, man, I loved your icons but...you know already...

Level 36
The decision of BlazeKraze's disqualification will not be reverted, and we would appreciate
if the participants now moved on from this topic. The policy of the hive has always been,
in public contests, that you are not allowed to vote for yourself, BlazeKraze has already
done this once and was dully warned and explained how it works then.

Last edited:
Level 49
I spent my time to create those icons for nothing.

Dude, i've posted like 400 icons in icon section for the long time i am here. For nothing? :D It is your fun you've came for. It's respect and hype you earn as a feedback. That is why you made icon. Or you was thinking you will win the contest? Maybe no? Maybe fourth place? Huh?

You parcipicate for the fact of parcipication, not for winning. That is all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.