• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Icon Contest #13 - Poll

Which entry do u vote?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
160036-albums4747-picture59500.png

icon.png
contest.png

number.png
1.png
3.png

Icons for Director's Cut Models

The contestants are to create 1 unit icon and 3 ability icons for a Director's Cut model of their choice.

Welcome to the poll for Icon Contest #13! Please read through the rules before voting!

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

• Each user can only vote once in the poll.
  • You cannot vote for yourself. If a voter has the same IP as the author then the vote will not be counted and it may result in the disqualification of the entry.
  • You cannot create multiple accounts to vote for an entry in the poll. If a voter has been found to be using multiple accounts none of the voters votes will count in the final result.
  • You cannot bribe users for votes. Contestants who break this rule will be disqualified and given negative reputation.

contest%20judging.png

209577-albums5234-picture86383.png

disclaimer.png
Inviting your friends to vote for you, bribing random members with rep and otherwise cheating with the VB poll system will get you DISQUALIFIED, BANNED from future contests, -REPPED, and possibly INFRACTED. So don't do it!

This includes, but is not limited to, sending PMs out to various users, getting other people to send those PMs, advertising this contest on other sites with the intention to gain more votes (whether it is explicitly stated or not), and so on. If you are suspected of cheating, the staff will notify you and interrogate you (hopefully) over PMs.​

Last edited:

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

woops, i misclick myself and i voted for myself. i want to vote for morbent but my internet was quite buggy and laggy at the moment.

can the judge change it? i don't want to be disqualified T T

Was a tie between morbent and WISDOM for me. WISDOM has improved A LOT from when I first requested an icon from him, however morbent's icons are just so well together, and the silhouette of the sphere just took it home. Nonethless, I can't wait to see what you pump out in the future WISDOM :)

thank you killcide :)

Level 49
My little opinion:

BLazeKraze:
In the first icon i see your great artistic potential. It is very correctly build (i mean anatomy\perspective) and looks REALLY warcraftish. But the second icon looks toxic and rough, reminds me old hive's icons that has nothing to do with art... missing some artistism... Third is neat and accurate, has nice shape, but try never use just one color in a icon. The fourth is a lil blurry and i dislike the shape a little (broken head perspective). But overall the pack looks neat. I hope with more practice all your icons will be the same perfect as the first one in this pack. ;)

eubz:

Well. The first thing i wanna speak about - is contrast. If you won't show some more colours in the dark place - use black. That is about "bite" spell. All your icons i even saw was desaturated and pale. Also there i see the third, which is technically the best one, but, can you tell me what it is? Really hardly recognizable. And also, dude, try use reference picks for your working if you don't fell that you know how the thing will look like. that is about the blood drop with the light reflex. Overall i think, firstly - you can do better, secondly - you need more and more practice. Surf about warcraft\blizz icon style (d3\wow\warcraft) and other serious games (dota 2 \ league \ lineage etc...).

Heinvers:

Once i look your icons i see great effort you put in. They are athmospheric and looks somehow special. At the first - use reference, look how skull looks from side. At the second one - the same. Also, if it is hard to you making smooth shadows - try to avoid zooming too close. Third - again about references. The google is full of stepping legs picks, has with and without anatomy shapes. Also this icon is badly fits skill stylistics. It is not a skill, looks like item or upgrade, missing dynamics and SHS (something happens shit) :D . The last - again about references the thumb finger is oversized and breaks whole image. The second thing - there is a light source on the palm, so, the whole inner side will be lightened. Dunno how fingers come dark. Just one advice - don't hesitate look google for reference pics.

Morbent:

Heey, i know you. You was the one, that post neat stuff over and over. And what is up in this pack? In this pack is DC(imo) fourth... You can be proud of fourth, it is really sexy :D But about others.
The first does not looks like it is unit icon. It is nice for "terrify" spells based on fear and soething like that, but is not fits unit icon style.
The second is really hard to read what shit is going on here. Also it is looks rough and undefined.
The third... it is simple. That is not the problem, everything is ok. Simpliness means it is easy to read what you look at. Its nice. But i think you should use other mid color, cuz pink is not the color you wanna see in some destroy skill icon :)
The fourth is ... my passion. Godlike icon and 6\5 nontheless.

~Nightmare
Well. i think it is really good pack, i very love the shapes on every icon and nice flame-based skillpack. The only thing i wanna tell about that - a lil more fantasy please. There are two same hands that shows flame skills with pretty basic hand expressions. Overthis - it is lovely pack, i see big effort and nice potential :)

PeeKay:

I know this boy is lazy-ass ^_____^

Sin'dorei300:

AHHHH *heartbeat*
Stunning first and fourth. Thecnically are very-very nice and impressive. This pack is what i voted for. All icons are simple - there is not hard to see what happening and what it is showed (except of charm where you should use pink color as basic for icons like that). Shape and expression on the second skill is great. This pack is really outstanding by technique (much higher than others) and execution.

stein123:

When i saw your first wips, i thought - wow, this boy gonna be finalist. I love your really artistic shape works (the graphics ones). Impressive poses etc. But you really missing some digital draw practice. Purchase graphic tablet (wacom please), and go on. That i wanna tell - you have great artistic potential and nice skills irl for pencil and paper. So, learn digital, and show what you can do.
The icon pack as for me is dissapointing. A lot of too rought colors and color-works. ;<

The Silent:

You are the one, who leaves everything on the last days :D
Well, icons are fine by color and nicely fit sniper model. The problem is with effort. I see that you was hurrying and don't gave time in your icons. Second (the hand with ammo) is hard reading (undefined), third is blurry, the fourth is just rough. Also showing grey skeletons from far on black background is really bad idea :) Give an icon 1 hour of work and it will look really better. :) And for hand anatomy use reference picks.

Windrunner29:

Your icons are simple. Your icons are weak by execution. Won't hurt your feelings, but you may try a little more accuracy on your work. The same icons with proper detalisation and accurate execution gonna look much better. The shapes and angles are choosen fine, i love em. But you should really try clear images up.
By the way, work in big size (at least 600*600 or higher). @Photoshop put very low "flow" on your brush, to be able make smooth colors and lines with mouse. That is all for the moment ;)

W.I.S.D.O.M:

The boy who impress me with the great quality of the last icon. As i understand - this iconpack is made by mouse-drawings. And for mouse drawing is just great. Very nice colors, and very nice looking .
First - needs more shaping on a nose and maybe on the skull shape. Also the mouth is just 2 lines.. srsly?:))
Second - from here i see - strange arm shape and the slash shape will look better if you make it smooth and more round.
Third - very nice colors and fine anatomy. Detalisation is missing and that makes me sad. But overall looks fine.
Fourth - outstanding and lovely axe (?) icon...

Well, that is all. Won't give any ratings cuz it is not correct by contestant. Thanks everyone for partipications. And sorry, if i hurt anyone with my a lil rough speech.

That was quite a detailed insight of yours.
Right on spot, directly pointing out what needed to be said.
I'm still kinda derp-ish at anatomy ^^
I really appreciate your input man. It really means a lot :)

I voted morbent, reasons would be the fluidity, color scheme, uniqueness plus some moose creativity.
It's really fitting for that particular model.
Bloody well done morbent :p

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
What a great Contest! Quite a good turn-out, and lots of great entries. Kinda hard to decide...

Both Peekay & Sin'Dorei have some of the best artistry in their icons (as usual)... But also as usual, seem to overshoot Warcraft's style in so doing. IMO. Nice whip, Sin. : )

Stein, I loved your hero choice, and love your line-art. Your icons lacked... something. But I liked them. : )

It boiled down to a decision between Morbent, BlazeKraze, and Nightmare... Morbent, I love your 3rd & 4th icons; perfect. The portrait & first leave somewhat to be desired, though. Nightmare, great model-choice and love the 3rd icon the most (2nd & 4th are tied for me); the amount of CHAOS-FIRE-RED was a bit overwhelming, though, and the portrait was strangely... chalky? BlazeKraze (man that name is hard to type), your ability icons are pretty good, if a tiny bit blurry (3 & 4 mostly; #2 is just great, just fine)... But your portrait icon. Wowza. You got it, man; you seriously captured all the decrepit contemplation of the Necromagus while NA-NA-NA-NAILING the Warcraft-y style. It certainly doesn't hurt that you picked a model which is a personal favorite of mine. : )

My vote, thusly, went to BlazeKraze. Congrats, man! Let me know if you like drawing Trolls. xD

PeeKay, ur art is amazing and u know it, but people who vote in this poll are probably inclined to vote for the most eye candy icons, it usually happens.
They probably should take into consideration not only the eye candy look, but...
No need to leave the contest now.
I'm glad that u participated and that we all participated, lots of nice icons were made.
The value of an icon isn't decided by the votes in this poll, but by the objective opinion of those who are qualified to assess an icon in all its aspects, they will speak about the value.
So, if u want to be a judge, maybe in the next contest.
For me, in this one u're in the top.

Winimasker

W

Winimasker

Too hard for me to vote either Sin'dorei300's or PeeKay's icons' pack.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 49
PeeKay, ur art is amazing and u know it, but people who vote in this poll are probably inclined to vote for the most eye candy icons, it usually happens.
They probably should take into consideration not only the eye candy look, but...
No need to leave the contest now.
I'm glad that u participated and that we all participated, lots of nice icons were made.
The value of an icon isn't decided by the votes in this poll, but by the objective opinion of those who are qualified to assess an icon in all its aspects, they will speak about the value.
So, if u want to be a judge, maybe in the next contest.
For me, in this one u're in the top.

Well, as one guy noticed - my and your stuff is out of warcraftish style. I think people vote for things that impress them, and most will be not able to say why does he vote for some concrete user, the answer will be "i like it, that is all" :)

So, i am not sad about the vote results and maybe somehow glad that this time there is more than 3 contestants, and some of entries has really nice stuff. So, im not afraid 2lose vs nice opponents (not like in tribal princess contest where i was punished with the last place for toxic behavior) :)

As for me, well, i was able make some usual eye-candy stuff, but from some time ago i prefer make usefull stuff or experiment stuff. So, the orc theme is good, cuz stuff i made can be used in pretty much situations. For me - the big experiment was the angle in first (front look), the colors in second, the comic style in last.. The axe is... really bad, and i know it. But pretty much it seems usefull :)

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Damn. All the people's icons rock my boat. They are all so good.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I just want to say that every participant has created some very, very nice and useful icons here. No matter who wins or loses this contest, no matter how many or few points you might get in the end, all of you can be proud of your wonderful creations (or, if that's not your style, improve if you are unhappy, but there is NO reason to be sad here).

It's always a great pleasure seeing new nice resources being created, even after all these years, when everyone could've moved to other games long ago. It's a real joy.

Level 2
Hello guys! So this is what happens in an Icon Contest.

But Can I vote? I'm afraid ~Nightmare and I have the same IP, I'm logged in at his computer right now. Let me know if I can. I don't want him be disqualified because of my action. Nice entries by the way. I like morbent's entry a lot if ~Nightmare is not a participant, I'll probably vote for him. Good luck to all of you!

Reactions: Moy
That's my cousin lol
Opened up my PC while I'm asleep

Well, tell your cousin to stay careful. If she votes as you it will get you disqualified.

"Inviting your friends to vote for you, bribing random members with rep and otherwise cheating with the VB poll system will get you DISQUALIFIED, BANNED from future contests, -REPPED, and possibly INFRACTED. So don't do it!"

Edit: BLazeKraze has voted himself? How could this happen? He wanted to disqualify himself?

Well, tell your cousin to stay careful. If she votes as you it will get you disqualified.

"Inviting your friends to vote for you, bribing random members with rep and otherwise cheating with the VB poll system will get you DISQUALIFIED, BANNED from future contests, -REPPED, and possibly INFRACTED. So don't do it!"

Edit: BLazeKraze has voted himself? How could this happen? He wanted to disqualify himself?

-_- Just read my previous comment, It's unintentional, that's why I said, don't count it -_-
I voted my self sorry, I didn't notice the rule, but don't count it :) it's unintentional :) sorry :)
But I like morbent's entry :)

BTW, inviting people to vote (or using other accounts to vote) may lead to disqualification, be honest guys :)

Level 2
I just want to say that every participant has created some very, very nice and useful icons here. No matter who wins or loses this contest, no matter how many or few points you might get in the end, all of you can be proud of your wonderful creations (or, if that's not your style, improve if you are unhappy, but there is NO reason to be sad here).

It's always a great pleasure seeing new nice resources being created, even after all these years, when everyone could've moved to other games long ago. It's a real joy.
I completely agree... we will bring Warcraft III back... soon or later.... get you tube channels and do lets plays of Warcraft III and maybe... just maybe... Warcraft III will be back! but... till then... we shall keep creating maps for new players to come in the future.

Level 49
I completely agree... we will bring Warcraft III back... soon or later.... get you tube channels and do lets plays of Warcraft III and maybe... just maybe... Warcraft III will be back! but... till then... we shall keep creating maps for new players to come in the future.

There is no chance to revive war3 without great support of blizzard company. Game needs graphic and core upgrade or will slowly go from "popular" to "nerds only" game-group.

Winimasker

W

Winimasker

This icon contest is very meaningful.

All contestants' icons are quiet nice in drawing and useful.

Some of them are even very unique.

It lets me to see how the icon contest is going on and how the icons look like. ^^

Wow! It's fun! All the best! :)

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
This contest started so well and now it's about to turn in but ANOTHER Hive drama. I ask everyone to STOP talking about bullshit conspiracy theories and suspicions as long as there are no proofs. You''re wasting EVERYBODY'S time - especially the mods'.

Just shut it and let Sin do his job if he thinks something is wrong. Goddamnit, why are there always jealous idiots who either bribe others, vote for themselves and then are like "Oh my bad!" or bad-mouth other users? Stop ruining stuff like that or it might be possible, that there will NO new contests, if the mods have enough of it.

If you are unable to accept a public poll's result or a defeat, stop participating in contests!

I noticed these suspicious accounts (new accounts)....
Url=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/kondas/]kondas[/url]
viruscity17
wardrom

I think, there's someone who trying to deceive us... (morbent and I) -_-

How "they" try to deceive u?
U already voted for urself.

That.

Status
Not open for further replies.