• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Competition #2 - Poll

Which one should win?

• Night Elf Stag Crusader

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • Arthas Texture

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nightwing

Votes: 10 11.2%
  • Nightelf Priestess

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • Queen of Beasts

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • Arcane Priest

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Monk

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • Frost Wyrm Whelp

Votes: 14 15.7%
  • AANightElf

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blood Elf Assassin

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Undead Admiral

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Human Sage

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Last edited:
Level 32
The entries all look excellent, thanks guys!

Time to do some diabolical testing, hmmm...let's see...

[off topic]
[off-topic] I strongly encourage everyone NOT to view the poll results, read the posts in voting threads (except for this one lol) or listen to any smalltalk about polls before they have exercised their own vote.

Just D/L the resources, test them the best that you can and make your own decision based on your own results. THEN post in the thread and THEN vote. JMO

Level 9
1) It's not fair toward WILL - there is not screen shot attached... only the skin. Here

2) I'd reckon, either Werewulf or Camel's_hump will take this one too. Don't wanna say it's gonna be me - I doubt it...

3) Test them all you say? wuss.... okay then... you'll have to wait...

4) Suggestion: winner gets to also provide a nice Icon for his/her skin. Fair enough?

Cheers!

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

1) It's not fair toward WILL - there is not screen shot attached... only the skin. Here

I believe his prior submission has a screenshot attached. and the changes were minimal so it is still valid.

BlackDoom said:
3) Test them all you say? wuss.... okay then... you'll have to wait...
Why does him doing a thorough test to make a perfect assessment and judgement make him a wuss?

BlackDoom said:
4) Suggestion: winner gets to also provide a nice Icon for his/her skin. Fair enough?
Hasn't happened before, won't happen most likely.

I'm winning by one point right now.

I'm seriously going
aiee.gif

But thats not fair, Camel did way better than me... I couldn't stop my finger from clicking on MY entry though... Too bad I can't choose again. >.<

Level 9
Chriz, I meant that it's not fair toward not against WILL - there should have been inserted an ingame screenshot in the post Archian linked his entry. That's what I meant - that someone should have edited that post. I didn't blame anyone.

Why does him doing a thorough test to make a perfect assessment and judgement make him a wuss?
What the...???? Substitute the "wuss" in there with an "Oh, well..." or "Ahh..." or any other sound/interjection you use when you notice a time consuming task ahead of you... That was my intention.

And I didn't get what you meant.

And about the icon: if one was able to skin, it will be able to make an icon more than sure. Hell, I am able to make an icon. Why would you be not?

Cheers!

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

What the...???? Substitute the "wuss" in there with an "Oh, well..." or "Ahh..." or any other sound/interjection you use when you notice a time consuming task ahead of you... That was my intention.

Okay, I understand. But wuss means something totally different.

And I didn't get what you meant.
What I said only applies when you meant to say wuss, so since you didn't, just forget about it.

And about the icon: if one was able to skin, it will be able to make an icon more than sure. Hell, I am able to make an icon. Why would you be not?
I'm not saying you aren't able to make an icon... I'm just saying that the moderators and admins always make the awards, and that's how it will be. Has nothing to do with whether you can make good icons or not.

Level 8
My voting:

Night Elf Stag Crusader
By Werewulf

(+) Awesome, detailed , kiss.
(-) Just dislike the fact a nightelf is riding a horse ^-^

Arthas Texture
By xXMephistoXx

(+) You joined, and learned a lot, hope so, go more detail next time.
(-) Blurry, no wise tranforming, seen before about 10-times

Nightelf Priestess
By camel's_hump

(+) High quality, details are lovly.
(-) No teamcolor, and hand messed up !

Queen of Beasts
By BlackDoom

(+) Great transformation, really like yours ! Nice presentation ...
(-) Saw tiger skins of it before, seems to be similiar, not that unique.

Arcane Priest
By Odin

(+) Rarly a human came out :) Nice one, keep improving, something awesome is missing, overall nice made.
(-) Well, more detailed next time, something unique/new is missing

Monk
By Gizmo III

(+) Fine for one of your first skins
(-) More detail work ! Very easy skin :/ Try more difficult ones.

Frost Wyrm Whelp
By WILLTHEALMIGHTY

(+) Great idea, well transformed. No way to this one better
(-) Well, one of the easier skins, cause it's very little.

AANightElf
By SuPa-

(+) Does not look as a nightelf, more like a demon
(-) Details are fine, but they aren't on the hole skin, blurry, easy thing.

Blood Elf Assassin
By THE_END

(+) Sexy, too sexy ? Started very awesome, but did not end like it, well transformed, detail work is fine, bloodelf ftw.
(-) Teamcolor ? A bit more work here and there would help your skin

Undead Admiral
By The guy who needs help

(+) Zombie, well made, but it's old school, kind of. Detail work here and there.
(-) Looks too dark in game, not that useful.

NO OFFENCE TO ANYONE, just what I see of everyone around here.

So :emote_huh: ? Werewulf :emote_clap:

Chaos

Level 9
I'm not saying you aren't able to make an icon... I'm just saying that the moderators and admins always make the awards, and that's how it will be. Has nothing to do with whether you can make good icons or not.

Dude, you are totally mixing them up! I meant an icon for THEIR SKIN - I know I did specify that. Not an award Icon - should I forge my own medal? NO - because that's how the others show their appreciation toward the winner.

Made myself clear enough, mate?

Ehh... Another contest... another prize going by (most of us)... Werewulf and camel's_hump should be treated like that fellow on Animal Planet:
"Me and Crosby won so many prizes that we were banned from entering anymore contests, I'm afraid... So they thought we should be the Celebrity Judges!"

Just kidding... But when they take part to something, it's like 85,98% sure to also be the winner(s).
I know... I can feel it myself, so don't tell me this... I am just envious on them.

This feeling can do both good and bad, yet in my case will lead to a good (I hope) thing: I'll do all I can to best them in future competitions!

No offence guys, but your too damn good. Really good! Period.

----
Edit: iristle, do you mean this post??

Last edited:
Hehe, BlackDoom, agreed. :grin:

I usually vote for best new novices, the people who don't skin/model already from long time and are not much talented that two you mentioned, to encourage them to make more resources in the future and get better.

:wink:

Btw, iristle's skin is quite good. I think it should be on the list. (Oh, mighty TDR, spare me with your comments of my artistic illiteracy :p)

Level 5
I know very well I ain't gonna get a single vote, but I dont care. Also a pity I got sick the last day,s so I couldn't really put finishing touches on :(.. But this has taught me alot about texturing.
Anway, I voted your frost wyrm whelp WILL, and good luck to everybody! :)

Last edited:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Quit putting yourself down, people like your stuff obviously.

Though, I went for hump, I like his style, and the quality and colors are really nice.

I still wish he would have listened to my criticism, but I'll just get him back for that on the next WotTH model I animate.

Level 8
Just one personal fact, as long me lower skilled skinner match with those nearly perfect skinner like Werewulf, camel_hump and other, you know better who is skilled around here, specialy those know each other well, it's a pleasure to challenge with them, there you see, there is a big difference between them and me as a new skinner !

But when they take part to something, it's like 85,98% sure to also be the winner(s).
I know... I can feel it myself, so don't tell me this... I am just envious on them.
Indeed ... I got that feeling, too.

Chaos

Level 9
Point is - there is absolutely no issue in my opinion that they are more likely to win - but that fact alone that I spend some time trying to make that damn thing work brings me down. I know, I am a guy with some over-average ego, I inherit that from my father - but I need (wish) to get a sense of appreciation of my efforts...

Anyway... Hats off to the skilled and talented texturers of THW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.