• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Campaign Main Map

So I've started thinking on a campaign I wanted to make. However I need a main map to really get it started :)

The idea of the map is a barrens area invaded by the Elements of Fire, Water, Earth and Wind. This campaign will be much like the Rexxar campaign made by Blizzard, so think of this if you make this terrain. Like, space for creeps spread out around all parts of the map, small spread out camps with quests, areas fitting for special mobs and so on :)

Desired Area: 256x256 Barrens, need all done. You can start your own map, I don't have one yet.
Tileset: You will make a Fire/Water/Earth/Wind invaded area, if you need any special tiles to give the right feel, be free to use them. Use custom if you like aswell, there is no size limit :) But note it is NOT the Elemental area itself, only Barrens area invaded by the Elements.
Deadline: Take your time, there is no rush at all :)
Theme: You probably got the idea from the tileset ^^ I'm uploading a picture I made real quick in paint to give you some ideas :)
Import: Import as much as you think is necessary :) there is no max file size.

Oh btw, for those who havn't done the Rexxar campaign. You control 3 Heroes, do quests, can run basic dungeons and so on. In my map there will be professions aswell, but it doesn't have much to do with your terrain work :)

I hope anyone feels like doing this. If you need more info, please let me know :)

Attachments

• PaintElementalPlanes.jpg
    PaintElementalPlanes.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 62
Level 5
Wow... Please i need a terrainer

I started this project a year ago since i joined hive, but everytime i come up with a terrain i noticed it was crappy... so i was searching for terrainers
pls help me with this project, i finished the skills and i know the game play... and the terrain is the only problem pls help. I'll pm the map link to you.

Desired Area: 192x192
Tileset: Felwood (on the left side) Ice crown (on the right)
Deadline: Can you make it a month from now?
Theme: Its a 3 laned map... the felwood side vs. the Ice crown side.
Import: Please do your magic.

Level 17
Please link your request post. I cant seem to find it :(

Rysnt please could you update the first board with all pending requests and what have and have not been taken.. Thank you ^^

heres a list of some but im not sure what is taken and what isnt

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1955313-post362.html
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1949349-post346.html
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1952918-post356.html
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1949312-post344.html
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1934834-post267.html

Level 11
Felwood Islands Map

So, I was just wondering if anyone had some free time to help create a map for me?

The map will be a 6 player builder map. Should consist of 8 Islands and rest sea obviously :)
Players will start on a boat and can choose which Island they want to settle their base on. I want 4 larger Islands, and 4 smaller. The large should be able to hold 2 bases each and the small 1 base each.

Players gain resources from buildings. Gold mines should not exist and trees should only be used for decoration. So make sure its good space to build alot :)

With this info, I will start fill in the form:

Desired Area: Hard to estimate, but not larger than 256x256, even think 192x192 is enough.
Tileset: Felwood
Deadline: No deadline
Theme: Normal Felwood theme. Islands will be inhabitet by Trolls, Satyrs and Nagas. So you can make some areas inspired for those :)
Import: Use any if you want, but not necessary

Thanks alot for any response on this. Just PM me if you want more info.

Level 11
Empire Jackal i have request im making an ORPG Map you can see the link in the signature its 256 so can you take it i want whole map to be filled i need one BIG Goblin city and one BIG TITAN/Demonic city 3 instances/Dungeons and one battleground can you make it??? I dont have ideas also im busy with coding :)

Level 19
Empire Jackal i have request im making an ORPG Map you can see the link in the signature its 256 so can you take it i want whole map to be filled i need one BIG Goblin city and one BIG TITAN/Demonic city 3 instances/Dungeons and one battleground can you make it??? I dont have ideas also im busy with coding :)

When Empire Jackal is done, send it to me to be polished.

Level 16
Is this thread alive? (It is, obviously)
Maybe I'll need someone to make the terrain part of my AoS map as I'm a really n00b terrainer :(
I've already got a terrainer but he refuses to answer my PM's. If he won't contact me this week, then I'll post more info. I can't wait for him forever.

Level 19
i think i dont like your terraining
Who?

Is this thread alive? (It is, obviously)
Maybe I'll need someone to make the terrain part of my AoS map as I'm a really n00b terrainer :(
I've already got a terrainer but he refuses to answer my PM's. If he won't contact me this week, then I'll post more info. I can't wait for him forever.
If not a huge part, maybe I could help. But you need to fill the request form.

Level 8
Yea im making RPG too The RAge of the firelands i have all models just need pro terrainer because im still learner and i want to make the best terrain so if anyone is here pls answer me.

way to jack my post. Ha naw it's cool. Hope your project goes smoothly. The only problem I've had with mine is a terrainer so my projects been at a rather long standstill.

Level 4
well here i am...
can somebody make a terrain for me??. whenver i make one it gets crappy and messed up... an urban forest with an apocalypse theme??.... i'll just paste my map here when i'm home... heheh.... ^_^.. any ways if you guys are busy it has no problem with me ill just wait.... xD... thnks

Level 5
im working on a hero survival/A.O.E kinda style, but difrent
128x224
tileset:eek:utland
theme: outland
imports: none
If some one takes the request pm me , i will give a plain map of the places i need(important parts )

Status
Not open for further replies.