1. Triumph has risen from these uncharted shores. The 34th Modeling Contest Results are out!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Awaken what lies in the heart of your swarm. The 17th Techtree Contest has arrived!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Hive Workshop is launching its first HD modelling contest. How HD should it be?
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff Job Openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Terraining Contest #22 - Dualism

Discussion in 'Contest Archive' started by Mythic, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Keiji

Keiji

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm really digging that foreground work, lovely idea with the frozen tree-tops to emulate frozen grass and/or ice crystals. And the overall action in the terrain, which is a fresh breath, is kinda cool too. I wish there qas a better model you could use for Jaina, because like most unit models: It's not on par with the rest of the terrain.

Also, it is so wonderful to see this many entries for a terraining contest in this day and age.

Oh and fladdie, how about this name for your terrain:

"Bring the Fucking Silhouette Tree Back"

Has a nice ring to it, no? ;)

2. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @fladdermasken Looks neat with the changes. I would maybe reduce the size of the fruit on the farther away tree, something about them sticks out and makes them look glued on rather than hanging naturally on it. I think it's because they don't play with the lighting/fog as well as the tree they're on?

3. fladdermasken

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Vaktmästare

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah, agreed.

Yeah, alright.

For better or worse, this is my final now.

Faraday Gardens.

Good luck and merry easter.

Attached Files:

4. Mythic

Mythic

Media Manager

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Reforged HD Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Less than a day left, guys!

5. WolfFarkas

WolfFarkas

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  6. tassavadar

tassavadar

Resources:
    Resources:
    Final entry
    Valley of the Sharp Spires
    Elements: Ice and Lightning

Ice-Lighting_finale.png

Resources:

Antonidas Statue (WoW Rip) - statue of Antonidas, WoW Rip by BardBord

Магна Эгвинн скачать - Модели из World of Warcraft - model of Magna Aegwynn (I believe that the original model is from some other site, Wc3Underground, if I'm not mistaken, but I can't find the site and the original author anymore)

Big Model Pack v1.1 - Big Model Pack / WarCraft 3 Reforged / Моддинг - XGM - Models of the tower parts are from the Big Model Pack by Reronage

Лёд - WarCraft 3 Reforged / Моддинг - XGM - models of ice, WoW Rip by Tassavadar

Деревья из лесов Хрустальной Песни (магические) - WarCraft 3 Reforged / Моддинг - XGM - model of the tree in the upper left corner, WoW Rip by Tassavadar

Магические эффекты 2 - Модели из World Of WarCraft / Моддинг / Моддинг - XGM - some effects of magic, WoW Rip by Tassavadar

Магические эффекты - Модели из World Of WarCraft / Моддинг / Моддинг - XGM - some effects of magic, WoW Rip by Tassavadar (edited textures are attached)

SC2 Alien Pack | HIVE - models of spires, stones and ground textures and are from the SC2 Alien Pack

Под снежным покровом - Модели из World Of WarCraft / Моддинг / Моддинг - XGM - models of trees and bushes, WoW Rip by Tassavadar

Земные узы - WarCraft 3 Reforged / Моддинг - XGM - I used the model for its beautiful cyan light

Fantasy Environment Skeletons - WarCraft 3 Reforged / Моддинг - XGM - the great pack of skeletons by Longbowman

Источники Света - WarCraft 3 Reforged / Моддинг - XGM - the pack of light emitters by ScorpioT1000

Modified and custom models are attached (in the archieve).

I'm not sure who is the author of the glow and cloud models, though I use them a few years.

I also attach the original map. It has a lot of unused models and textures, so the file size is big

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  7. Neruvatar

Neruvatar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Final Entry (just edit a little on the fog)
    I don't have time to do much. Teaching online is really tougher than face-to-face.
    [​IMG]
    Beyond Inferno - Fire and Lightning
    It a mist of sulfur, dust, blood vapour and fire, souls of the sinners march on to the Gateway to Beyond the Ridges. What world could lie beyond? A Hell of Hell? An eternal damnation? A cursed resurrection?

Resources:
    Planet Hades - Fingolfin
    Naked Engineer - Jhotam
    Lightning multiple - Tranquil
    Great lightning - Tranquil
    Fog - UTM

Thanks to all those who provide constructive advice. I really appreciate them!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  8. Alexen

Alexen

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    This is my final entry. I want this to be judged tomorrow. I didnt use any imports, only blizzard resources.
    Elements: Nature and Frost
    Frozen Spring
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  9. Mythic

Mythic

Media Manager

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps: