• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Terraining Contest #22 - Poll

Choose the best entry!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
hive-logo-m-png.335473

ct_terraining-png.311502

contest-png.311487
p_hash-png.311483
2-png.311475
2-png.311475

thread_poll-png.311518

techtree-22-banner-png.366506

"Nature" by fladdermasken, depicting Nature + Water

dualism-png.366170

Contestants were to combine two elements from the pool, and create a scene depicting their coexistence. The chosen elements could be colored however they liked, as long as they were discernible from each other in the final result. Classic/SD submissions only.

Fire
Frost
Lightning
Nature
Water
terrain22f-png.366277
terrain22fr-png.366276
terrain22s-png.366278
terrain22n-png.366280
terrain22w-png.366279
Embers, flames
Ice crystals, snow
Lightning bolts, electricity
Flora and fauna
Bodies of water, fluids

other_rules_and_conditions-png.311513

• Trying to manipulate the poll in any form is not allowed.
    If you're aware of ip-sharing with any voter, for any reason, you should contact the staff.
  • Harassment towards others to influence the result will lead to punishment.
  • A neutral recommendation to take part at the poll isn't problematic, though.
  • Voting for yourself is not allowed, and will lead to a malus of 5%.
  • Participating in the poll will not prevent disqualification.
  • Judges are not allowed to vote.
You are very welcome to make a short statement about what you like the most, so contestants get a bit of public feedback!

other_prizes-png.311512

• 1st place: 45 reputation points
  • 2nd place: 30 reputation points
  • 3rd place: 15 reputation points
  • Entry: 5 reputation points
  • Judge: 5 reputation points per entry
The three winners will receive an award icon representing the winning entry.

other_entries-png.311509

other_judges-png.311510

other_contest_judging-png.311506

Aesthetics Overall appearance of the final entry as a whole, e.g. an entry can lack detail and technique but still have an overall nice composition. /25

Creativity
How unique and inventive is the idea? How original and unexpected? /15

Detail
Measurement and balance of detail in design. Impurities include rough edges, deficiency in execution, and general disorder. /45

Theme
How well do the elements chosen blend together with the rest of the scene? Are they discernible and distinct? Were they featured adequately, or was their presence negligible? /15

/100

• Judgement: 75%
  • Poll: 25%
FinalScore = (25*Reached_Votes/POSSIBLE_VOTES) + (75*Average_Judge_Score/POSSIBLE_SCORE)

other_dates_and_deadline-png.311507

The poll shall conclude on 6th December 2020.

Assigned Staff: @Mythic

Contest | Results

Level 22
Faraday Gardens have a great purple coloring, a lovely mist and to top it off, the concept itself is wonderful. I like the idea of garden outfitted with lightning mechanisms, also the terraining kinda reminds me of Minecraft too. :D

Doom Castle has some mist and looks somewhat sandy, I like that feel. The obsidian castle, in the middle of a sandy colored mist and several purplish bolts of lightning, really makes me feel like I'm about to storm a dungeon! <3

Beyond Inferno looks hot, and seeing an army of skeletons marching to the mountains is hot. Most of lightning bolts are too concentrated in the center, while the ones scattered to the sides look weak. I would have voted it if I had a third vote... :D

Frozen Spring looks like a great place to chill and hang out for a vacation, but having some custom-made fountains and a little more mist would make it much better. The green glow at the bottom right and the vertical rays of light are somewhat strange there. Overall, it's still a great picnic spot, I think. :)

I am a bit busy right now, so I may write my thoughts for other entries later. Stay tuned!

Level 29
Faraday Gardens have a great purple coloring, a lovely mist and to top it off, the concept itself is wonderful. I like the idea of garden outfitted with lightning mechanisms, also the terraining kinda reminds me of Minecraft too. :D

Doom Castle has some mist and looks somewhat sandy, I like that feel. The obsidian castle, in the middle of a sandy colored mist and several purplish bolts of lightning, really makes me feel like I'm about to storm a dungeon! <3

Beyond Inferno looks hot, and seeing an army of skeletons marching to the mountains is hot. Most of lightning bolts are too concentrated in the center, while the ones scattered to the sides look weak. I would have voted it if I had a third vote... :D

Frozen Spring looks like a great place to chill and hang out for a vacation, but having some custom-made fountains and a little more mist would make it much better. The green glow at the bottom right and the vertical rays of light are somewhat strange there. Overall, it's still a great picnic spot, I think. :)

I am a bit busy right now, so I may write my thoughts for other entries later. Stay tuned!

is not an army,and they are not skeletons, and since is the inferno, is a line of souls walking to the judgement, or some sort.

I just notice A) you can vote 2 entries, B) you can change your vote.

Level 11

Yeeah. Because the lightning is drawn in by the portal energy. :grin: I

Well I appreciate your comment!

is not an army,and they are not skeletons, and since is the inferno, is a line of souls walking to the judgement, or some sort.

You are right!

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Thanks xD I could've used custom imports as well but I wanted to use only blizzard resources CAUSE DAMN HOW MUCH I LOVE THEM FOR MAKING WARCRAFT 3, not Reforged, xD. Good luck to anyone, really had a lot of fun in this contest. :plol:

Level 29
I forgot to see a poll numbers rolling fast, in other types of contest, you have to wait users to download and see all maps, until poll stalls, and or has 1 vote per day.
well probably this also happens in icon contest or model contest

Level 22
Let's continue...

Lightning Singularity on Ice Valley makes you feel like you're in some frosty adventure in your quest for survival and treasure hunting. The ice, the darker environment together with the mist gives a great feel of coldness and desolation. The dark blue ruins make it feel like some lost, desolate chamber of treasures and wonders waiting to be uncovered. The ruins make it seem more desolate and ghostly, too. It looks great, but the lightning part frankly looks more like a river of molten fel liquid especially at first glance. Still, the thing looks cool and chill,

Not My Problem... Heh, I like the title. ;) The burning village is a great and sharp contrast to the rainy, dark night surrounding it. A sad, melancholic sight to behold, seeing your childhood home getting burnt to ashes and ruins while you are one of the only few survivors that had made it through to the outside. Only to be greeted by a tragic reminder as the brightness drew your eyes even more to the all-consuming great fire. Oh, the dragon is still around... which makes everything scarier... And you are just a powerless, puny mortal that could not ever hope to fly, let alone exacting your vengeance... Great scenery.

Valley of the Sharp Shires looks amazing (especially after a closer look/full view)! :O Two battlemages duke it out in the midst of a thunderstorm and on top of an exotic land of blueness. The lightning bolts and the ice crystals unleashed adds to the already cool scenery, making for a better scene. I think I'll vote for this after second thoughts. Great work, I like it

Status
Not open for further replies.