• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #17 - Afterlife Realms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Took mr. Heinvers suggestion :D

WiP 9

Attachments

• WiP9.jpg
    WiP9.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 140

Much much better now.

Now with that out of the way, you could construct more of that citadel thingy in the background(try to expand it more).
Emphasize that(like some gates of hell I presume).

Also, ever tried adding some faint souls or skeletons littered around?

Edit: Maybe even adding some low height ruins in the mid-ground(not too much though) to bring more attention to the fact that all hopes and dreams are shattered once you approach/enter hell.
Give it a try and experiment to see what fits best your terrain.

Level 24
Ok, I think I got the rest of the days busy, soo, this will be my final submission, really,

WiP 10

Inferno

The Inferno is a realm where creatures of blazing flame, agony and hatred roams. The land is hot, flowing from its valleys are great burning lava. Its nearby ruins are cursed and hunted. And within the center lies its heart, Mount Inferno, where lies the auction house of the Reapers and Demons.

Attachments

• WiP10.jpg
    WiP10.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 529
Level 18
Hardly surprising.

Either way. Here's my shit. Rushed it to the end with a lot of black, two underground domes, and way too many squares of squarines.
I'm not what one could call satisfied, but there's no helping it.

Not to mention that the things above the lava falls look out of place but. BIfalflsfgugffifilao is my final statement about this case.

Attachments

• Done I guess.png
    Done I guess.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 647
Level 17
Hardly surprising.

Either way. Here's my shit. Rushed it to the end with a lot of black, two underground domes, and way too many squares of squarines.
I'm not what one could call satisfied, but there's no helping it.

Not to mention that the things above the lava falls look out of place but. BIfalflsfgugffifilao is my final statement about this case.

If I were you, I'd change those squaresquare paththingies into some stone instead of something random. Else it looks great, but there are some waterfall failures (this may include lighting) and those stretched cloud SFX is destroying me.

EDIT:

My final Entry:

The Hall of Judgement
attachment.php

Here, is where people are decided, and it is time for his trial. Were he friendly enough? or he opressed others?

Did he do the right thing? or he Offensed their friends?

If he was the right human, he shall find salvation, after the door. Else, Evil and hell await him... under his feet.

Will he reach salvation?

Attachments

• Final Entry.PNG
    Final Entry.PNG
    2.6 MB · Views: 806
Last edited:
Level 11
Actually, You can go ahead and use that as my final entry since this ends today. I haven't had any extra time to work on it this past weekend.

I'll edit that post when I get home to be a final entry post.

Still had ideas of what I wanted to do just no time to do it this weekend. What I get for slacking :)
Either way it was an alright practice I suppose.

Wish I had at least finished the fog/clouds :/

EDIT** Entry Post updated

Last edited:
So... Should I create the poll now?
As I said, poll will be made by a Jury member not by some random user.

About extension, well it's kinda late for that as you may have noticed(isn't it?).
fladdermasken's off the hook since last week(real life stuff I suppose) and I don't reckon he'll reply too soon.

Last edited:

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
fladdermasken's off the hook since last week(real life stuff I suppose) and I don't reckon he'll reply too soon.
THINK AGAIN, MUFFIN.

I've had unseen stuff take up my to-do list for a few days now. Sometimes stuff has a way of amplifying itself, and I honestly pushed this place and this contest from my gray matter so I could focus on this stuff.

Guess I'm happy only one or two people lost their shit while I was gone.

Will get the poll up and running in a few days. Since I couldn't get an entry out, I'll take up my role as grand juror. Heinvers has also signed up for judging.

Well, here's our judge now

Beware, your terrain still has some inconsistencies.
It will be nitpicked with a jackhammer by me.

Keep your eyes open :V

Even Heinvers or Strydy could do it, I believe they are experienced enough. It's sad they did not take part though.

Some themes are just that 'great' to make for me.
It heavily depends on motivation and some powder of imagination that a contest can give.

If those ingredients are not there or rather found in unsatisfying quantities then it will surely/possibly not work(sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't).

It's all about having fun while working to make a theme based terrain.
You just need the right stuff to make it work I guess ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.