• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain Mini-Contest IV: Build me a dream castle...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am experimenting with some lights and shadows. It doesn't look good in my option, but i want to hear what you guys think about it?

-------------------------------IT IS A WIP!!!!!!----------------------------

Notice: It looks ugly in the box, just open the picture.

Attachments

• Castle1.JPG
    Castle1.JPG
    197.4 KB · Views: 186
Level 10
That sucks balls! its just a wall, wall, wall, tree,tree, end of map!
Nah, jk >:D

But seriously those shadow dont look right at all.

Level 19
The shadows on the castle are wrong. >.< You should place the sun somewhere else and view it from an other angle. Also the idea of changing colors of those walls is nice, but it doesn't really look good imo. The sun with the birds is sexy.

Level 19
Use either non-existant units, or destructibles, with a shadow texture. Try to make them at least realistic, which Raid didn't achieve.
Or, try using "Calculate Shadow Maps".

i can't use calculate shadows because my pc would laugh at me and die;
you know i can give you the map so you can see that the shadows are placed like they should be:

Attachments

• terrainuing map.w3x
    4.9 MB · Views: 82
Level 10
Actualy it would be way more impressive if someone made a good NE or UD castle then a regular human one cuz there is alot less doodads and shit to work with.

Level 36
Oh yeah, coming from the guy who thought that an undead temple was one of his best terrains, I'm pretty sure.
Open up your fucking eyes. Not everyone likes what you goddamn like. You need to realize that, your style is not everyone else's style. Your ideas are not everyone else's.

Regardless, the theme is what it is. Something tells me you're just bitching for the sake of bitching.

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Stop blabering about and do what you want. Besides, nobody is saying "Make this terrainor I'll neg rep you!". You make the terrain if you want. Didn't liked the theme? Too bad.

Anyway, I'm almost finishing the first tower. It's easy, just pick that granite block and keeps placing one above another...

Level 21
Regardless, the theme is what it is. Something tells me you're just bitching for the sake of bitching.

I'm not bitching for the sake of bitching. I don't waste my time. (most of the time)
The theme is an aesthetically pleasing castle. A dream castle. I don't mean to say anything, sure, "castle" usually means "human", but hell, let people perceive this in the way they want to. If you do, you get varied entries. You may even get a GOOD entry. If you don't allow them to perceive it differently, you'll get human castle after human castle. All the same shit, obviously. I can understand if you can't work with night elf or undead castles, if you think they're lame (I'd suck at them, I then again suck at construction, but I'd like one if it was made well), but like I said, your styles, your likes, dislikes, ideas, aren't the same as anyone else's. Pretty much everyone is different in this aspect.
Anyway, don't you want to ENCOURAGE artistic creation + thinking...?

Level 10
Oh shit Thats a sweet ass castle, looks really good - glad someone decided to make somthing for this contest.

Level 7
Nice lightning and enviroment megafyr, but I don´t like the architecture.
The whole building is too flat, the walls lacks details, there are way too much windows and I wonder why we don´t see any armed people on the wall or at least some townsfolk ahead of the castle entrance.
Additionally the lightning of the interior room is too dark -> replace the candles with torches and add some light sources. And the crates behind the throne are really out of place.

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Oh well, I'm not sure if I'll make one, live is pretty hard nowadays.

HFR's To Dos:

- Create a awesome castle for June 1th.

- Terrain the chapter 3 of the Human Sin campaign.

- Terrain the Pokemon RPG Demo.

- Being a nice guy in real life.

- Lost 5 10 kg.

I think the first one will fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.