• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Techtree Contest #7 Discussion

Which theme would you like to see for Techtree Contest 7?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
that's hopefully the general idea, idk if it is a theme but it's certainly a reasonable suggestion for a requirement.

hmm perhaps the theme there could potentially be 'keep it fresh' or something like that, where the idea is you create systems completely unique to the melee game (but are not restricted from doing such system for races like the Humans or Orcs and such)

Level 14
Good. It would be hard for everyone to make systems for everything, but i like the 'keep it fresh' sign much!

I think the judging would give more points for more original races, or somehow make everyone go for originality.
I think thats what i want to see in a techtree contest: Races that have special ideas in it.

Level 18
I would like to make a little summary over the past Techtree contests themes just for the general public. (I wasn’t present when some of this contest took place, but I am writing what I saw as a result)

Contest #1
Theme: No Imports, No Triggers
Comments: No Triggers is not going to happen again (hope so)

Contest #2
Theme: 2 custom races (Versus like style)
Comments: Contest abandoned with only 1 submission (clearly too much work to do 2 full races)

Contest #3
Theme: Mini Race (free theme)
Comments: Races have limitations of size, (like 1 tier only, max 1 hero, max 8 buildings etc.)

Contest #4
Theme: Improved Melee Race
Comments: Improvement or twist of any of the original Warcraft III races.

Contest #5
Theme: Innovation (Full custom race, free theme)

Ok now back to subject I would quote GhosteThruster
Now, my turn to suggest:
-Warcraft in space. Your race must be base off the alliance/horde/scourge/purpleboobies except with a twist - the races are set in sci-fi.
-Environment. Your race must be based off an aspect of the/a natural environment, and include one major mechanic that revolves around this eg. a snow rice, a savannah race, an amazon race, a great barrier reef race

I would like to further this concepts cause I really see potential on them.
Space theme hasn't been done yet, but we could make it a little bigger by changing space to a Futuristic theme.
  • Future Sight Races: can be an evolution of any of the standard 4 races or a custom made race based in any faction (or creep) present in the WCIII environment.
  • Environment: this theme shouldn’t be treated just as an aesthetic one, cause if you include that the races must have a mayor mechanic related to its theme then aesthetic become second place as contestants must be creative to relate the nature forces acting in their chosen environment with the game play of their race.
    For example a Tropical Island Race wouldn’t be able to use abilities like blizzard or units related to high mountains for start. Also its buildings and units must be achievable with the local resources (materials) that you could find in its environment location.

I want to add another suggestion to be discussed, even though we have some imports limitations in the hive.

• World Mythology Races: each contestant must choose a mythology from the classic literature (Egyptian, Nordic, Greek, Mesoamerican, etc.) and build a custom balanced race based on it.
I think that this theme doesn’t limits creativity cause even the same mythology background can have multiple interpretations. As a judging point I would like that the fitting of the custom race to the mythology is primordial, for example you can’t have a Zeus (from Greek Mythology) launching rocket missiles or poison attacks.

Last edited:
Level 14
Some lame ideas so you wont be bored ^^

• No Tier races: Contestants have to make a race without a main building / tier. Some kind of a migrating barbarian race would be a good example. The buildings should have the same tone, there mustn't be a "most important" building.
  • The Troll: Simple. Everyone have to make a troll race in some aspects. If you want to win, you have to be extremely creative, and skilled here.
  • Same System: Every race should use a basic, modular system (for example evolution system), and the point is to make the gameplay the best you can.

This for now, discuss and argue! :D

Future Sight Races: can be an evolution of any of the standard 4 races or a custom made race based in any faction (or creep) present in the WCIII environment.

World Mythology Races: each contestant must choose a mythology from the classic literature (Egyptian, Nordic, Greek, Mesoamerican, etc.) and build a custom balanced race based on it.

I don't like these ones, because they are hard to make without tons of imports. (what i personally don't like). Also if someone can find the perfect imported units, it would make his/her race better than others, who can only find bugged/not so good units for their mythological subject.

Last edited:
Level 16
I would like to make a little summary over the past Techtree contests themes just for the general public. (I wasn’t present when some of this contest took place, but I am writing what I saw as a result)

Contest #1
Theme: No Imports, No Triggers
Comments: No Triggers is not going to happen again (hope so)

Contest #2
Theme: 2 custom races (Versus like style)
Comments: Contest abandoned with only 1 submission (clearly too much work to do 2 full races)

Contest #3
Theme: Mini Race (free theme)
Comments: Races have limitations of size, (like 1 tier only, max 1 hero, max 8 buildings etc.)

Contest #4
Theme: Improved Melee Race
Comments: Improvement or twist of any of the original Warcraft III races.

Contest #5
Theme: Innovation (Full custom race, free theme)

Ok now back to subject I would quote GhosteThruster

I would like to further this concepts cause I really see potential on them.
Space theme hasn't been done yet, but we could make it a little bigger by changing space to a Futuristic theme.
  • Future Sight Races: can be an evolution of any of the standard 4 races or a custom made race based in any faction (or creep) present in the WCIII environment.
  • Environment: this theme shouldn’t be treated just as an aesthetic one, cause if you include that the races must have a mayor mechanic related to its theme then aesthetic become second place as contestants must be creative to relate the nature forces acting in their chosen environment with the game play of their race.
    For example a Tropical Island Race wouldn’t be able to use abilities like blizzard or units related to high mountains for start. Also its buildings and units must be achievable with the local resources (materials) that you could find in its environment location.

I want to add another suggestion to be discussed, even though we have some imports limitations in the hive. I would like that the next contest be about Worlds Classic Mythology.
  • World Mythology Races: each contestant must choose a mythology from the classic literature (Egyptian, Nordic, Greek, Mesoamerican, etc.) and build a custom balanced race based on it.
I think that this theme doesn’t limits creativity cause even the same mythology background can have multiple interpretations. As a judging point I would like that the fitting of the custom race to the mythology is primordial, for example you can’t have a Zeus (from Greek Mythology) launching rocket missiles or poison attacks.

Well yes mythology is quite a nice idea, i would go on something like this.

Some lame ideas so you wont be bored ^^

• No Tier races: Contestants have to make a race without a main building / tier. Some kind of a migrating barbarian race would be a good example. The buildings should have the same tone, there mustn't be a "most important" building.
  • The Troll: Simple. Everyone have to make a troll race in some aspects. If you want to win, you have to be extremely creative, and skilled here.
  • Same System: Every race should use a basic, modular system (for example evolution system), and the point is to make the gameplay the best you can.

This for now, discuss and argue! :D

Future Sight Races: can be an evolution of any of the standard 4 races or a custom made race based in any faction (or creep) present in the WCIII environment.

World Mythology Races: each contestant must choose a mythology from the classic literature (Egyptian, Nordic, Greek, Mesoamerican, etc.) and build a custom balanced race based on it.
I don't like these ones, because they are hard to make without tons of imports. (what i personally don't like). Also if someone can find the perfect imported units, it would make his/her race better than others, who can only find bugged/not so good units for their mythological subject.

There was a no tier races contest. As for me it wasn't a good one (well first i was banned that time, secon the restrictions to one tier are kinda hard)

Trolls- Well i am a troll XD But seriously. There would be a lot of the same stuff used mostly becouse you have only 5 groups of trolls well 6
Forest Ice Desert Dark Jungle/Island Zandalari
A hard contest.

System well accordin to systems... Go play battle realms, after some time you will start to hate them. Mostly becouse you need to train 1 unit for 3-6 times.

Level 18
No Tier races: Contestants have to make a race without a main building / tier. Some kind of a migrating barbarian race would be a good example. The buildings should have the same tone, there mustn't be a "most important" building.
only 1 tier race has been done in the TechTree contest#3 and well for how melee games work Nomad races won't work properly. (Every non-player goldmine has strong creeps defending and so on).

The Troll: Simple. Everyone have to make a troll race in some aspects. If you want to win, you have to be extremely creative, and skilled here.
hehe I don't like trolling so I wouldn't join this style of game. I think it's not desirable for a formal and serious contest to take themes like (comedy, trolling, or parody).

Same System: Every race should use a basic, modular system (for example evolution system), and the point is to make the gameplay the best you can.
I really would like to something like this to be implemented, cause normally the themes are so broad that judging is too difficult to do. Also having races working in any way possible with no common bases to judge them, make really hard to compare in a fair manner two systems, two good aesthetics or even two game plays. (and to compare combinations in between: good system vs game play vs (aesthetic and game play) etc)

In summary I would like to see a same system theme for the next contest, but the system must be broad enough to have 5 or more interpretations of it. (yet currently I don't have ideas about what that broad same system could be)
I will stick with the Environmental theme for now.

PS: Does anyone knows when shall we expect the results of Techtree contest #6 to be published?

Level 16
I suggest we start now a poll with those themes :
- Mythology
- Enviroment
- Free theme.

Guys it is such a big site and we have no ideas... Inform the map makers they always hove something.

Level 18
I suggest we start now a poll with those themes :
- Mythology
- Enviroment
- Free theme.

Guys it is such a big site and we have no ideas... Inform the map makers they always hove something.

Well I don´t know if we are ready to make a poll for the next theme, but anything to bring back attention to this thread is welcome.

JokeMaster I would add the "super unit" theme to the poll, and withdraw the "Free" theme. Because "super unit" hasn't been done and "free theme" again would be repeating the last contests.

Level 35
it doesn't make the race's formula for you, that's just an unnecessary misinterpretation

themes that say 'hey, you can make a pirate race kgo' or something along those lines is just stupid, considering a techtree contest shouldn't be about aesthetics, but the focus always somehow goes back to it

Level 16
So we come to the p-oint where we have no ideas, no themes and no people having theme ideas. Great let's just shut down the thread and never make a tech tree contest.

Level 14
Wazz: The problem with your suggestions that most of the people will not understand What You mean with "Super Unit race"!
They'll think that its all about creating a melee race, and then create a MegaUltraStrong unit, what would kill all enemies. Most of the people cant see, that its more about creativity: Any unit that is very important to the race could be super unit. For example a unit with auras will win the game for the "swarm" race. Or there can be a World Tree for nightelves, what gives protection. Also a goblin repair+enchanting bot can make the race much stronger. - You have to be creative here, and you have to know something about triggering to make the systems you need!
But if the theme is lets just say: Mythology, ppl from all around the world will know what is the deal. Create a race with mythological units. You still'd be able to create a SuperUnit race here ("Release The Kraken"). But if you are not that creative, you can submit an entry, with imported units and boring gameplay.

Judging should give extremely high points for originality + gameplay!

Level 35
that is completely missing the point kari

i don't really want to mention this again, but this is a techtree contest, not an art contest.

IF YOU WANT to make a race themed on mythology, you can, and you can do it in a creative way, but that's not going to be a good theme.

IF THIS WAS a modelling contest, a texturing contest, a concept art contest, any of those, it could potentially be a reasonable theme, because it's to do with aesthetics, and, surprise surprise, art is all about aesthetics

a techtree, however, is not

ON ANOTHER NOTE, i've already explained numerous times what the 'super unit' theme implies, so if people don't understand that, then that's their own fault, and they can always ask anyway

I get what you're saying, but you don't get what I'm saying.

Aesthetic themes indirectly affect gameplay. They allow much more diversity in gameplay and by not encouraging creativity, encourage creativity even more so!
Your themes whilst directly affecting gameplay, allows less diversity and though it encourages creativity, not encouraging creativity GETS MOAR CREATIVITY.

Hard to explain my point about creativity, but what I mean is your theme forces creativity, but only because you have thought of something everyone must do. My theme, by not restricting what one must do and not thinking up a certain mechanic (such as a super unit) for them, they are allowed to think up mechanics/systems for themselves AND they have a CHOICE to do super units, swarms, summoned units, or all three in one race.

So for one moment, putting aside whether a non-aesthetic contest should have an aesthetic theme, which is better? A theme that allows gameplay diversity and originality, or a theme that restricts gameplay, forces participants to be original with a static theme, and is difficult to judge in the balance field?

Level 35
the one 'restricting' gameplay would be best, as you'd be creating races following an actual theme rather than just saying 'make these types of races any way you want'

it's called a 'contest' for a reason

you could just as easily suggest that the art contests have themes that don't affect what they can and cannot create at all, which would be stupid, but hey, at least they can be 'creative' and create whatever the hell they want

it's supposed to be creativity within constraint to see what people can come up with given certain restrictions, otherwise, the theme for a contest might as well be 'lol we have no theme' for every contest, which would get boring fast

there is no point in a theme if it's not even going to apply to the contest it's intended for

Level 18
I would like to add something here:

For Environmental theme; yes from start is aesthetic but I would add to the theme that each race must have a main system that works around its chosen environment.

For example for a Sahara Desert race, units can only move and live inside sandstorms, each base and the heroes generate sandstorms in a area around them them. If units somehow manage to get outside the storm they will burrow and wait till a sandstorms gets near them to resurface.

I think that with such rules we could get an interesting contest, completely aimed towards thinking well your location and a main system that fits it.

For super unit theme, well I see potential on it so I wouldn't dismiss it completely.

PS: I'm not seen much interest in this thread besides the former participants of the previews contest, so I suggest to add two more themes and start a poll and allow only (any techtree contest) former participants to vote.

Level 35
that's good, considering it's not your place to dismiss these things, but rather mine as this is my suggestion

allowing only former participants to vote is silly, and we keep getting aesthetic themes suggested, which is silly

it'd be cool if we took the idea of implementing such systems as you suggested, removed the aesthetic theme of it having to be environmental, and perhaps make it that instead, you have to develop a blight-like system where you generate 'environment' that is beneficial to your race, perhaps

Level 18
I agree that a 100% aesthetically theme will promote an "import parade" instead of promoting the hard work of thinking a real techtree.

What I don't like is to have a defined system for every single race.
What I mean is that from my perspective the richness of the techtree contest comes from all the awesome possibilities that contestants can create while answering the question (how well it fits the theme).

Having any strictly defined system taking as example the blight-like system will result in entries similar to each other, I don't doubt that the contestants will find a way to make their entries "different" (blizzards, sandstorms, tsunamies, deathclouds,etc for my example), but in the end I think that creativity has been reduced to "only finding something that fits the system regardless if the idea is good or not, it must have certain specific elements to work".

Wazz I guess we are reaching (or already have) a dead point in the thread, why don't we start a poll (private or not) with the current themes, each theme has its supporters so I guess that in a poll we would see what the mayority of contestants finds entertaining to do.

PS:
that's good, considering it's not your place to dismiss these things
I am not deciding anything, :D, just saying that I would enter a super unit themed contest although I most like enjoy other themes for the contest.

Level 35
because we don't have too many satisfactory themes, although i could just trim the fat and put the suitable ones

the idea behind the theme isn't actually to restrict your systems too much, but put something that acts as a sort of guideline but is ambiguous enough to promote a great level of variety in submissions

for example, Super Unit is very ambiguous. to those who may ask 'what does it mean?', it means whatever you want it to mean. as long as you can explain how the 'super unit' is 'super', that'd be great

the reason the environmental theme could potentially work is because if we made it ambiguous enough, people could implement it in, as you say, the sahara style using sandstorms and the works, or even just implement something like the blight system for the melee Undead race

it's not about fitting a system, it's about implementing a system that follows a 'theme'

themes can't be 'hey make this specifically', nor should they be irrelevant to the contest

Level 16
Well then lets make a free pol which would be extended in time. What do you say?
(What i mean is we would add new themes the time we get some ideas.)

Level 35
as far as i'm aware, there's no such possibility for such polls, and even if there were, time would favour those which were put up first

incidentally, i find it amusing that a lot of people seem to be complaining about the concept of having to be creative within constraint, are people really that limited in their capabilities for coming up with new ideas? i'm thinking of all the textures people do of ingame models that turn them into something completely different that you wouldn't have even considered before, but people can't come up with a race concept that implements a super unit without whinging about how 'restricted' they are?

Level 16
Searched through old tech tree contest themes and found such old propositions
-A medival theme
-Warcraft fractions and organizations ( Kul'Tiras Kirin Tor Argent Dawn etc.)
- Twisted races ( fpor example humans made into possesed by demons, undead as peace bringers etc.)
- Creep Race

Well thats all i found.

Well there will always be people saying " Oooh your unit is better than mine thats unfair" but such is life. And making a super unit doesn't mean you have to make only 1 unit , you have to create 12 unit and 10 building supporting that unit which would also fit one esthetical theme.

Level 35
that's why it's not a suggested theme here

the entire point of this thread is to break away from the old style of 'themes' and embrace a new style more suited to this type of contest

do you read anything before posting or do you just sort of wait around until you hear keywords suited to your interests?

Level 16
Yup i read the thread but didn't understand what you meant , it was kinda hard. Now i do. Hmm time to get new ideas.
But on the other way most users will still be loking for the old type of race making. With all respect this innovation won't live for too long.

Level 25
It sure seems logical to create a poll where only the interested CONTESTANTS will vote for the theme. Not everyone off the side.

To me, reading these posts it looks like a certain someone is simply trying to promote his idea.

"Warcraft fractions and organizations"

I would really like to see this hosted, as im a huge fan of wc3 lore, this brings up a lot of new ideas of how you see a certain clan or fraction based on wc3 lore.

Doubt i will join, but would be fun to watch the entries.

Level 35
doesn't seem logical at all to make the poll only for contestants when any contestant can enter at any time and, likewise, leave at any time. the idea has always been to generate public interest in these contests, otherwise there is no point. it's not as though we can determine who's going to be a contestant and who isn't anyway, not before the end of the contest.

i find it interesting how you accuse a 'certain someone' of promoting their idea when you do that yourself immediately afterwards.

but i wouldn't expect you to understand too much, and your 'suggestion' completely disregards everything we've been through, anyway, which implies that if you have read any posts, you obviously haven't read very many

or just chose to put your idea up anyway, hence the promotion

last post i swear

Who in god's magic book of fuckery is 'we'? We have not concluded any matters. Nobody cares about your idea of themes, and when I try to disprove it all you say is 'you dolt this is not an art contest'.

Fair enough, it is more challenging/sensible if a contestant's creativity is limited. But still you ignore the negatives of your type of theme (which I can't be fucked to write again). Besides techtree contests are different to art contests, as you said yourself. Placing such limits on ideas in a contest about ideas is like limiting your use of utensils to only a HB pencil/MS Paint in a texturing contest.

One last thing, although not proper in a discussion, this one time I must attack you personally as this is highly relevant.
a)you advertised your entry in contest #5 (I saw the VMs). I thought you were only making an example of how bad public polls were, but I'm not so sure now.
b)there is a high chance that you also advertised the poll in the latest contest. Now of course you can say that I have no evidence and that I voted for you too, but then it must be odd coincidence that in contest #5 the polls were similarly skewed.
c)you dropped the 'no imports' theme onto Pharaoh_'s doorstep (which is an aesthetic theme, but horrible nonetheless). Why he was silly enough to take it, I do not know, but that theme is so bad it's not funny.
d)in conclusion, you are not in any position to propose/promote themes.

Level 35
yes, i'm in no position, other than pharaoh_ allowed me to be in this position as i took the initiative to talk to him before i even started this thread

actually, iirc, me creating this thread was pharaoh_'s suggestion, as i was discussing with him about the possibility of organising a theme for next contest

besides which, if i'm not in any position to discuss themes in this nature, neither are any of you, except i have pharaoh_'s permission to do this

now, considering this is my thread, it is my discussion, and therefore i am able to lay down what we are discussing and how we're discussing it. if you don't like it, create your own thread, but i suggest talking to pharaoh_ first.

@JokeMaster: read kingz' post. he opens up by saying that only contestants should have a say in the theme of the next contest and accuses 'someone' of advertising their ideas. then he drops his own suggestion (advertises his own ideas) and says he won't be participating (wat is this he's not even contestant)

i think i have every right to treat him like an idiot after a post like that, it's just too funny

Level 14
Sorry, i must interrupt you.

It was MY suggestion to start the discussion, I asked you to start the thread since you are an older member of this forum than me.

The only thing Pharaoph allowed you to do, is to start the discussion thread.

Since the most of the people in this thread does not like how you "discuss" the themes, - and the thread "owner" doesn't seem to change- i can only suggest to start a new thread without Wazz's endless arguments.

About KingZ, I can sense a BIG AMOUNT of sarcasm in his post, what you obviously missed.

About the contest theme i will be able to create an entry anyways, the thing I want to see in the next contest, is that lot of ppl join, so we can have fun! Not suffering contestants.
So from my point of view, lets try to find the theme what is the best for the most people. Thats why I (and some others) want to create a poll so badly.

And before you start to say that im missing the point, i understand how you feel about theme choosing, i just dont see it the same.

Level 16
yes, i'm in no position, other than pharaoh_ allowed me to be in this position as i took the initiative to talk to him before i even started this thread

actually, iirc, me creating this thread was pharaoh_'s suggestion, as i was discussing with him about the possibility of organising a theme for next contest

besides which, if i'm not in any position to discuss themes in this nature, neither are any of you, except i have pharaoh_'s permission to do this

now, considering this is my thread, it is my discussion, and therefore i am able to lay down what we are discussing and how we're discussing it. if you don't like it, create your own thread, but i suggest talking to pharaoh_ first.

@JokeMaster: read kingz' post. he opens up by saying that only contestants should have a say in the theme of the next contest and accuses 'someone' of advertising their ideas. then he drops his own suggestion (advertises his own ideas) and says he won't be participating (wat is this he's not even contestant)

i think i have every right to treat him like an idiot after a post like that, it's just too funny

Well after reading that i come to the idea you think about yourself as a type of moderator, you started the theme , so what? Anyone of us could do it before you. You have no bigger rights than anyone of us. And behaving like a total moron doesn't support you. Beside i didn't see any logic in your post beside spamming abut aesthetics which will never go as a contes theme mostly becouse noone understands what they should make. If you won't get any true ideas then lets better stop this discussion.

Level 35
it is not me behaving like a 'moron', it is all of you

i give a simple suggestion, a topic for the thread, and none of you can abide by it

despite constant mentioning of what the topic of the thread is, of what we are meant to be discussing, everyone keeps sidetracking to the same bullshit, and then you wonder why i 'thread' you like idiots

you'd hope that was sarcasm, kari, but kingz has proven to go against this 'sarcasm' previously

here's the problem with all aesthetical themes - the contests are all the same, everything is difficult to judge because everything is so erratically different, and it's always the race that does not fit in at all with the melee gameplay that wins, because people like 'cool systems' and 'awesome imports'

that was the reason behind removing imports for a theme, to see people actually create something without hiding behind lots of imports to make their races look 'pretty'. it's also unfair when people can skin or model and they just do that for their race and people pay more attention to those submissions.

anyway, it's not /my/ arguments, it's you arguing with me, which is stupidly pointless, considering you all understand what i'm proposing and still choose not to contribute. so either contribute something useful in your next post, or don't bother posting at all. no sense in proving me right for treating you like idiots any further, after all.

FYI i already have my contributions to the list of themes, i'm currently waiting for more following the trend i initiated, which none of you seem to follow.

Level 14
So the theme is one thing we will need to discuss, and a theme could be something along the lines of:

- Super Unit (users must create a unit which the race revolves around and relies on for functionality)

- Swarm (users must create a method for overwhelming the enemy with superior numbers which is balanced in its own right within their race)

- Summoned Unit (race must revolve around a common summoned unit used throughout it)

Or whatever theme you can come up with.

Well for a week or two we discussed themes happily, than you showed up with the old arguments again.
(You still saying that a question has been decided, but noone decided that question except you.)

And i post JUST BECAUSE i want to have the last words.

In the opening post you mention that we can suggest themes too. Since that, we are allowed to discuss OUR ideas too, not just yours.

I see that arguing with you is stupidly pointless, because stupid ppl will always think that they are right.:ogre_haosis:

Level 18
Kari, we had talked enought in this forum. I suggest that we wait till the poll opens with all the sugested themes with a moderation from Pharaoh. (Pharaoh should pick 4 or 5 themes from the ones presented in this thread.)

Then we will see what the mayority of former and future contestants want to do.
About the thread well I suggest to only discuss new ideas not debating over the previews ones. Having sharing my point of view, I will limit myself to coment over new ideas.

Level 16
Well waz calling us morons becouse we dislike your themes shows us that you are one. People won't go after you becouse they don't want. We want classical themes not something super-hiper-mega-uber. If you cant model learn it, if you can't skin learn it. There is no way it will be fair for everyone becouse people always have different talents. A painter won't win a guitar playing competition if he doesn't know how to play the guitar . It is as simple as that. The folks over here want those old themes so why do you decline them? We are in the majority if you don't like them it's ok noone says you have to but accept the fact that people won't always accept you. This is life. And you have to learn it the hard way. Now you are trying to fight with an army with one man. This is not an RPG you can't win.

Your avatar shows the lord meme , be a gentleman and behave like one.

Level 35
i never called you morons, you called me a moron. don't throw punches you can't take.

i observe that kari says 'stupid people always think they're right'. observe that kari thinks he is right. also observe that kari thinks that the majority is right, when clearly we all have biased opinions.

how about you stay on the topic of the thread rather than diverting attention to you calling me names because i'm trying to keep things on topic? it really shouldn't be that difficult to get people to suggest themes along the lines that i've suggested, but so far you've made it anything but a simple process.

@Astaroth: sounds good, i can't remember if you put ideas down here yet or not, do you have any suggestions for themes that would be suited to a techtree race rather than ideas like 'oh make one of these races from this list', which is what the majority of people seem to suggest? :3

Level 16
Hmm waz i must admit you are a master in avoiding hard tasks...
Beside it you call those themes simple then try to make 1 of them just one. Then we will speak.
Adios mi amigos en compadre.

Level 35
hardest task has been trying to get people to discuss a suggestion, and i for some reason keep attempting it, despite the fact all the responses are 'i dont liek dis lol'

any suggestions for a theme for the techtree contest WHICH AREN'T 'oh we should make races like orcs and stuff' but are rather suggestions for the techtree itself would be greatly appreciated right about now

Level 14
@Wazz - you got reviews of your suggestions at the first page of this thread.

New suggestion:
-Another Dimension Race: You have to create a race that is from another dimension, or there is something supernatural in it. Maybe they are over the warcraft physical rules (ex: units can walk trough trees)
Ooor: You can create a race what has shiny, transparent units, and some story/evidence why are they from another dimension.
There can be many ideas around this theme.

And we (wazz) can make it into a theme that is like: "This race must use troll physics!"

Well it might be hard to understand - bec of my style & english- but i hope you will get what i wanted to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.