• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Taking Spell Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi,

appreciate your help with solving spell related problems ^^

I've a request which I've been thinking of for a while. I'm planning to do a int based melee hero and here's the ability:

*name pending*: Takes difference between casting hero's intellect and targets, uses that as a factor for damage dealt. Difference in intelligence*ability level.

If target is not a hero, use some fixed value.

Level 6
Here's a spell i need. Force Push, AOE. I would like 100 levels and AOE, range, distance pushed, and damage done increase with levels. The spell doesn't directly hurt the unit(s) it is casted on, but any units they run into are hurt (i figure a temporary immolation will do this). Make it cost no mana for now, i'll change it myself if i think it needs 2 cost mana.

^ ^

Level 5
Hehehe, looks like you're back and kickin' again Xiliger, btw what happened to the old spell list you had? I uh mind if I fire a new request at you? I don't mind if you don't take it (as always, besides I think I've asked for like 3 spells from ya), but here it is
Name: Blizzard Nova
Effects: Okay basically, you select an area and cast a frost nova to any units in the area (I think a 400 AOE would do) so the more units in the area the more damage is dealt (because of the novas) also there should be 5 waves of blizzard shards that deals the stated damage (Ill adjust number of shards)
Level 1: 75 target damage and 50 nova damage, blizzard shards do 20 damage each.
Level 2: 125 target damage and 75 nova damage, blizzard shards do 30 damage each.
Level 3: 175 target damage and 100 nova damage, blizzard shards do 40 damage each.
Level 4: 225 target damage and 125 nova damage ,blizzard shards do 50 damage each

Last thing, it should slow both attack and movement speed of all heroes in the got caught in it by 50% for 2/3/4/5 seconds. Throw in whatever special effects you want in and surprise me =)
BTW MUI/GUI plz

Last edited:
Level 2
1) The Spell Name : Energy Ball
2) The Spell description : Here goes nothing :) , so a hero click abbility , and it should fire a Energy Ball (far seer missile) in front of him that will go for 1400 range and if hit in other ball blast both of them(no AoE dmg to anyone) or unit (friend or foe) deal (HeroLevel+Int)*1.5 dmg , other way if it miss it once it reach 1400 range , it just disappear.
3) The Spell description : Nothing
4) Extra Information:Missile should be Far Seer attack projectile , if hitted with other ball it create lighting.

I prefer to be done in GUI , but jass will work , it just that i am not good with JASS and will probably fail to implant it. So if you want to do it in JASS please tell me so i can give you map where you can implant it.
Thanks for offering your assitance.

Level 17
Ok, ima starting the spells now.

I have one small request from all the people I made spells for so far. Please pm me a link to the map that you needed the spell for, if it is done, I just wana see how your project is.

Dakadoon, is it ok if I use JASS for yours? coz ima gona need to use the local handles var system and I have no idea how to use that in GUI

Level 3
Can u do systems too?
i need a CTF template for my map please.
ty if u can finish this request.

Level 7
Here would be my request:
1.Repel

2.What This ability does is that in a 525 areaofeffect every 7 seconds gives a chance to knock a unit back by 200 range of its position away from the caster, also dealing 125 damage to the enemy(includes stunning the enemy for the duration of it being knocked back).knocks only heroes and 1 at a time

3.The paladin becomes protected with the might of the heavens giving a chance to throw a unit off guard and dealing damage.

4. you could use the ressurection target effect for the initial knockeffect and the same old dirt and rocks dash effect from other knockbacks. (this is passive)

Extra:Leveling statisticts

1:The paladin becomes protected with the might of the heavens giving that every 8 seconds to throw a backward, stunning and dealing 50 damage.

2:The paladin becomes protected with the might of the heavens giving that every 7 seconds to throw 1 backward, stunning and dealing 75 damage.

3:The paladin becomes protected with the might of the heavens giving that every 6.65 seconds to throw 1 backward, stunning and dealing 120 damage.

4:The paladin becomes protected with the might of the heavens giving that every 6.00 seconds to throw 2 units backward, stunning and dealing 150 damage.

Reminder:
Final level causes it to hit 2 units
Passive
Gui not jass (i hate jass, too hard)
damage differs
knocks them 200 units backwards away from the caster all levels
Knocking seconds differ.

That would be all! thanks Xilliger!

Level 7
Hey ummm xilliger thanks for the spell you made its perfect! :)
i was just wondering if you ould make the units become knockedback slower because its a little too... "quick".

Oh yeah heres another spell:

Volcanic frenzy

2:This ability allows the Firedemon (hero) that after every few attacks [will be stated] will put the demon into a maddened frenzy that creates 4 "illusions of him" by illusion i mean exact damage, invulnerable. at his position that attack right after the firedemons 7th attack (the "illusions" will attack simultaneously like zeal in diablo of the paladin) if after 4 seconds of not attacking the firedemon (hero) will calm down causing the counter resets back to 0. this ability also includes a passive 50% chance (last level) to cleave a % of the damage to adjacent units.

so in effect what will happen is that the firedemon will attack 6 times and on the 7th attack 4 clones will appear where the firedemon is and attack after the 7th attack has been launched and after they attack the clones will disappear (so it will be like after the fire demon attacks 6 times he will make a chain that will make him be able to unleash a 11 hit combo on the target unit) and also that the xtra 4 hits have a chance to splash to other targets :D hope that simplifies things :D

3:The Flame demon becomes infused into a fiery frenzy adding an extra 4 attacks after 6 continuous strikes, also passively enables his slashes to cleave by 15% of his base damage.

and this is a four level spell :D
it levels by increasing the splash and splash chance per level
first level splash: 15% chance: 15%
2nd level splash: 30% chance: 20%
3rd level splash: 40% chance:30%
4th level splash: 50% chance: 40%

4(the effects): by getting this passive ability you get the orb of fire effect swirling on your 'right hand' and after 6 continuous attacks to add phoenix fire on his hands and destroy it after.
as for the "illusions" these are transparent versions of the hero (like 85%) that are created at the position of the caster and attack quite faster than the original and get destroyed right after they attack

Additional information:
This is a Passive ability
If after 4 seconds of not attacking the counter resets back to 0.
They are illusions of the caster, or well you can use dummies that are invulnerable and do the exact same damage as the caster and;

Thanks again Xilliger! i might ask for more spells from you if this get done!
and again i have put you on the credits and have +rep -ed you

Thnx also for the Repel spell :thumbs_up:
thats all! i already added u into the 'credits'

Last edited:
Level 6
Ok, ima starting the spells now.

I have one small request from all the people I made spells for so far. Please pm me a link to the map that you needed the spell for, if it is done, I just wana see how your project is.

Dakadoon, is it ok if I use JASS for yours? coz ima gona need to use the local handles var system and I have no idea how to use that in GUI

Fine wit me

Level 3
Hi! :)
I have a little GUI request for you. I don't know if is possible, but it would be interesting if you could do and I would be extremely grateful

Name:Blackened [ULT]
Shortcut: E
Effect: When "Blackened" is used, makes the vision of enemy heroes becomes completely black, so that they can not see anything for a few seconds seconds, while the caster and his friends have fun in the dark.
Level 1 - 3 seconds duration. 170 sec cooldown. 175 Manacost.
Level 2 - 4.5 seconds duration 150 sec. cooldown. 275 Manacost.
Level 3 - 6 seconds duration. 120 sec. cooldown. 375 Manacost.

Special Effect: Before the enemy cameras become black, the caster make Death Pact special effect on him(Abilities\Spells\Undead\DeathPact\DeathPactTarget.mdl) :D

sorry by my terrible english. Thanks :)

Level 17
Name: Ancient Resolution
What I want it to do:
The Archivist has over time read of the arts of healing and the ancient methods used to incorporate magic in that healing. Using that knowledge, the Archivist instantly heals a random target on the brink of death. After the third time this spell is used, the Archivist heals a random target almost fully. The Archivist must then wait a certain time until he may do this again.
Tooltip:
Ancient Resolution
Spell Type: Passive; Random Healing
Target Type: Allies
Mana Cost: N/A
Cooldown: One minute.
When a nearby allied unit or hero's health is below 5/10/15/20/25%, the Archivist's tome has a 34/39/45/51/67% chance to instantly heal that target for 100/175/250/325/400 health. However, there is a catch. This ability has a limit. After the ability has randomly healed it's third ally, it will automatically heal another unit by 300/400/500/600/700 health. This target's health must below 10% however. The ability is then refreshed and will not be active again for a whole minute.
Effects:
Well, with the final 'rescuing' heal, I want it to be like the resurrection effect. You know when the angel descends? And the holy light effect with the normal heal.

I hope this isn't too difficult. I also have another spell request, but I'll just leave you with this one for now. xD

Level 19
hmm i have some thing for you. Leak check my spells in my kung fu map. And i also have one more jobb for you if ur intrested +rep and credits ofc. Its my LotR map need to check the triggers it maks player 6 disconnect. It very messed that map :S

Level 31
Hey I need 2 spell for my Zelda Campaign:

Name: Magnetic Glove +
If you use this onto a special unit (in my case a metal ball) the ball comes to the caster (its magnetically moved).
Tooltip: Makes a metal ball come to you.

2. (in case the contrary of the spell above)

Name: Magnetic Glove -
This makes the metal ball repulse magnetically away from the caster
Tooltip: Makes a metal ball repulse from you.

I hope you understand what i mean. And it would be great if you make it in GUI.

Sorry for my bad english

chilla_killa

Level 6
A hesitant request here -- you can ignore it if you're busy, but I've been tinkering with a 'chain mana burn' but I can't get it to work. I'd like to see how you do it, either with jass or GUI.

Name: Mana Shackles
Spell description:

In-Game description: Unleashes a torrent of erratic mana at the target, causing its mana to combust. Because of Mana's volatile nature, it is attracted to other pools of mana, jumping X times and burning 15% less mana per jump. Burned mana does damage equivalent to mana lost. **Optional but preferred: Units effected by Mana Shackles are silenced for Z seconds.

Basically, the spell works just like mana burn or chain lightning, except it can only jump to units that have a mana pool. The silence effect is optional, though if you can fit it in, that would be nice.

Spell Tooltip:
Mana cost: 140
3 levels

Level 1: Burns 50 mana (does 50 damage) and jumps 3 times, silencing effected units for 2 seconds. 15% less mana burned per jump
Level 2: Burns 85 mana (does 85 damage) and jumps 5 times, silencing effected units for 3 seconds. 10% less mana burned per jump
Level 3: Burns 115 mana (does 115 damage) and jumps 7 times, silencing effected units for 4 seconds. 5% less mana burned per jump

Cooldown: 21sec
Range: 500
AoE: 600
Art: I have no preference, though I think using mana flare's art is both convenient (it has exactly the same type of target and effect art as chain lightning), and would separate the spell from the normal mana burn spell. I also don't mind if you leave out the number that pops up when you cast mana burn (that tells the players how much mana is burned) though it would appear more authentic if it displayed how much mana is lost on each unit.

extra info: I've looked in the spell section and google and actually haven't found any really good chain mana burn spells (I've found a few and tested them, but they were either very ineffecient or jumped to non-mana units).

If you care to do this, that'd be great, if not, oh well.

Last edited:
Arrow Volley
25 arrows come down from the sky onto the targeted area.Area of effect 500 levels:1.damage 70 per hit.Also need the arrows to be visible when they are coming down because when they come down the players must use defend or else they die so they must see the arrows.
tooltip: Arrow Volley(The hero is controlled by AI)

Level 3
Chaotic Field:
Effect: Swaps positions of all units in AOE (randomly)
Damage:0
AoE: 500
Extras: % chance that a unit gets a COMPLETELY random buff when position is swapped. (both bad and good buffs.)

Level 17
Level 11
could you make this?

Stormy Sleep-The Wind Lord Sleeps,becomes invulnerable,cannot attack,cannot move,but still calles forth angry tornado's that damages enemy units and stunning them when they are hit from the tornado

Details:

Stun Duration:2/3/4 Seconds
Damage:80/110/140 damage
tornados:14
cooldown:140/90/50
Duration of Stormy Sleep-10/15/20 seconds
well its-active. .when you push it. .it automatically activates
Sepcial eff-Custom Tornado's

Level 25
*dont know a good name*

The caster blasts the enemy with dark magic, imbues the target with a debuff that will damage the target after 3 seconds and decreases movement speed by 50 % and hpregen by 5-10 hp per second. Would be great if you did it with 5 levels and start at 10% and -5 hp regen at level 1. :)

Level 3
If you have posted a spell and I havent done it yet, please post it again so I know you still want it.
Chaotic Field:
Effect: Swaps positions of all units in AOE (randomly)
Damage:0
AoE: 500
Extras: % chance that a unit gets a COMPLETELY random buff when position is swapped. (both bad and good buffs.)

Level 7
RMX,dota spells are not really welcome on THW, just to tell you..... and btw... copying dota spells is lame... I hope you are not like the makers of naruto shippuden showdown... they stole half of the spells from dota..

Level 6
I like it, the spell is most of what i asked for and some extra stuff, such as destroying destructibles.
There is one thing, tho: It pushes them backwards, so if they aren't facing me, they go towards me.
EDIT: I fixed this myself with an addition to your trigger that makes the units face me before moving them. I also decided 2 make it push corpses as well. Thnx for the spell!!

Last edited:

Rmx

Rmx

Level 19
RMX,dota spells are not really welcome on THW, just to tell you..... and btw... copying dota spells is lame... I hope you are not like the makers of naruto shippuden showdown... they stole half of the spells from dota..

Well i just really don't need the spell ... BUT how the ANGLES preform or the equation for them that's all .... i know how to do it if i just know how to manipulate the angles :)

Level 4
I have a few spell ideas i would like to see come alive. The first few shouldn't be too difficult. Well, this one might be.

Name: Water Tactics

What it Does: Increases damage, but only in water (If thats impossible, replace water with a region)

Tooltip: doesn't matter

(i have also found a wee problem. I can copy the trigger, but it wont let me copy variables. Not that thats a serious problem, just mentioning it.)

Last edited:
Level 11
Can you please make me a LeaderBoard, i know this may seem easy, mabey its cause am lazy to make one.
If you want to make me one, can it show 2 teams,
1. DarkSide
2. LightSide
Has all the scores of Hero Kills, Unit Kills. And mabey at the bottom of the leaderboard it could have The total of Kills of the team or Whos in the lead.. if its to big. can you make it change every 4-5 secs to Unit Kills then Hero Kills
(Its for my map HeroWars Reloaded) :p
-Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.