• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sunken City v2.5.0

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
full

full

Powered by Bribe's Damage Engine
[Hosted Project Page | Forum]

INFORMATION

CHANGELOG

FEATURES

SCREENSHOTS

TRAILER

HEROES

CREDITS

INFORMATION
Sunken City is a Dungeon Crawler map with RPG elements. The Player controls a hero and has to over come numerous puzzles, traps, quests, enemies and different bosses to reach the end. The game contains multiple different features that allow for advanced hero customization.

Recommended Players: Soloing is possible, but for better experience play with 2 or 3 players.
Gameplay Time: Between 3 and 6 hours depending on number of players and difficulty.
Amount of Heroes: 21
Maximum Level: 18

EasyNormalHardHellInsane
Enemy Handicap
100%
120%
150%
185%
230%
Enemy Bonus Damage
0%
30%
80%
130%
170%
Enemy Bonus Armor
Enemy Bonus Attack Speed
0%
15%
25%
35%
40%

EasyNormalHardHellInsane
Bonus Gold per Kill
Bonus XP
0%
0%
1%
3%
5%
Bonus Drop Chances
0%
10%
15%
20%
30%
Starting Gold

CHANGELOG

186388-albums6607-picture72240.png
Version 2.5.0. [08.03.2024]
Come and play with us in our Discord server! Join here.

General Changes
  • Tooltip fixes.
  • Minor terrain changes.
  • Mastery and Potency values now additionally update periodically during combat in addition to the on-spellcast update.
  • Reset Talents now correctly has a cooldown of 60 seconds instead of 100.
  • The <-stats> command has been removed as stacking info is now available through the UI elements.
  • Base cooldown of abilities in tooltips is now displayed past the decimal point.
  • Fixed a bug where Hunter and Tidewarrior could not be chosen through random hero selection.
  • Fixed a bug where Hero Status Bars, DPS Meter and Hero Custom Resource UI elements were not working.
  • Fixed a bug where flat damage reduction effects could completely negate some of the damage dealt by Nightmares.
  • Fixed a bug where music would stop playing after loading the game.
  • Fixed the Loading Screen to no longer have its text covered by the Loading Bar, which was moved in a recent Warcraft 3 patch.

Classes
full
Death Knight
  • Fixed a bug where the Breath of Sindragosa Talent could also damage allies.
  • Fixed a bug where the Decomposition Talent was increasing the damage of Plaguebearer's effect by more than intended.
full
Hunter
  • Fixed a bug where Grylls gained 10% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Huffer gained 5% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Spike gained 30% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
full
Necromancer
  • Fixed a bug where the Life from Death Talent had incorrect chance for Skeletal minions to drop Blood Globes.
full
Paladin
  • Fixed a bug where Ardent Defender's increased Healing taken was not working properly.
full
Priest
  • Fixed a bug where Void Rift could move Demon Portals.
full
Tidewarrior
  • Fixed a bug where Tidal Strike would not gain increased damage while above 25% Critical Strike chance.
  • Fixed a bug where Tidal Strike's visual effect would occasionally appear on the wrong target.
  • Fixed a bug where the Myrmidon effect of Tail Slam could increase non-attack damage.
  • Fixed a bug where the Storm Trident Talent was not working.
full
Tinker
  • Inventor's Demolitions effect can now heal the Tinker while below 40% health up from 35%.
  • Fixed a bug where the Critical Strike provided by the Target Locking Talent was not working.
  • Fixed a bug where the Ion Grenade Talent was not doubling the mana scaling it adds when Throw Betty is Upgraded.
  • Fixed a bug where Upgraded Throw Betty would never stun.
full
Windmaster
  • Now has the correct Attribute Bonus ability.
full
Witch Doctor
  • Fixed a bug where the Spiritual Touch Talent's effect for Ancient Ward did not apply on Heroes.

Items
186388-albums6307-picture71865.jpg
Items

• Skyfeather Crown will now only allow spellcasts to empower the attacks of the Spirit of Aviana if the Spirit is already summoned.
  • Spellbreaker Shield should no longer appear under the Mana Regeneration shop Category.
  • Fixed a bug where Forbidden Seal would occasionally grant more Talent Slots than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Saberclaws was not working.
  • Fixed a bug where Chemical Armor was granting more Health Regeneration (Stat) than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Staff of Idrassil would also apply its buff on summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Eye of Discord's AoE effect would not trigger for attacks against non-hero units.
  • Fixed a bug where Sanguine Gaze was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Spiked Chains was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Topaz Amulet was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Embrace of the Hawk's Equip effect was not working.

Archives

FEATURES
  • Diverse Heroes: The 21 heroes in Sunken City possess different custom skills which are well presented in detailed tooltips.
  • Backpack System: In case your inventory is full, you are given a backpack with additional 6 slots where you can carry quest items or unused items for selling.
  • Stat System: Each level you are given the possibility to access the Skill Poitns Menu and gain access to secondary stats (non-Strength, Agility, Intelligence).
  • Item Interaction Systems: Sunken City gives the option to Disenchant items for stats or to Reforge unused lesser items to create better ones.
  • Chest System: There are many Chests scattered around the Sunken City. Opening them rewards you with a random item!
  • Quests: Embark quests that give you side objectives throughout the game!
  • Challenges: Complete difficult optional challenges for additional rewards.
  • Shop System: A simple and intuitive shop system makes it easier for players to navigate and purchase some of the many Sunken City shop items.
  • Rolling: Sunken City allows you to roll for items that suit everyone. Therefore you can avoid stealing.
  • Damage and Armor: Sunken City's gameplay is based around damaging the best target. By mouse-overing your damage and armor you will easiliy understand what's your best target!
  • Gold System: Players in Sunken City share the Gold gained by killing creeps!
  • Randomized Items: Each creature you kill has a chance of dropping one of the hundreds of items, contained in a scripted loot-table. In addition bosses have multiple drops, which add to the replayability.
  • Glyph System: A system that allows your hero to pick a combination of various Glyphs which add passive effects to your hero.
  • Talent System: Each hero has unique set of Talents that can amplify, modify, add or replace the existing hero abilities.

SCREENSHOTS

TRAILER

HEROES

Intelligence HeroesStrength HeroesAgility Heroes

Shaman [1]
Druid [2]
Priest [3]
Mage [4]
Necromancer [5]
Warlock [6]
Witch Doctor [7]
Warrior [1]
Paladin [2]
Death Knight [3]
Monk [4]
Tidewarrior [5]
Dragon Sentinel [6]
Tinker [7]
Rogue [1]
Hunter [2]
Feral Druid [3]
Windmaster [4]
Berserker [5]
Demon Hunter [6]
Siren [7]

CREDITS

I would like to thank the following people:
Note:
There are many more resources that I used, but I can't find their creators. If you see your resource used in my map, please tell me and I will add you here.

Contents

Sunken City v2.5.0 (Map)

Reviews
Moderator: -Kobas- Contact: Visitor Message / Private Message! Date: 24-Dec-13 (14:27:40)Personal Comment:One of the most polished maps, of its type, that I had a chance to play. Beautiful terrain, nice story, well customized heroes and enemies...
Level 4
I
There still something that concern me:
1. I can kill all bosses, complete almost challenges, except Take a Deep Breath, cause I'm not tanker in early game. But there a challenge , the Triple Kill challenge, you have to kill 3 boss in 4 seconds, that just impossible I think, even with a team of 3.
2. To open the gate lead to Sidian boss, we have to deactivate 2 switchs, but the one in other side seem unable to reach cause a death trap on the way to it. I run around for while to find a way through but can't. Finally, I try to use Invulnerable Potion buy in the Horde camp. its work! But is there any way around?
The deathknight alone can kill all of them in a pinch , the reward isn't really northern is the sidian boss the one at end of the queens tomb or something.

Level 2
The deathknight alone can kill all of them in a pinch , the reward isn't really northern is the sidian boss the one at end of the queens tomb or something.
Oh Hi Davison24, thank you again. I already found the totem to finish Old rituals quests, the damn troll saids its in the wood, but its not.
About the Death Knight, I really doubt i, cause each boss have like 10k hp, how the hell DK can deal that much damage in early game
I dont know, maybe I will try it sometime
Sidian boss ( rock golem) is the one before At'lai ( naga last boss)

Senneria

Hosted Project: SC
Level 6
Oh Hi Davison24, thank you again. I already found the totem to finish Old rituals quests, the damn troll saids its in the wood, but its not.
About the Death Knight, I really doubt i, cause each boss have like 10k hp, how the hell DK can deal that much damage in early game
I dont know, maybe I will try it sometime
Sidian boss ( rock golem) is the one before At'lai ( naga last boss)

The bosses only have to die within 4 seconds of eachother. All you have to do is bring them all low HP then kill them. Keep in mind the game is balanced around a 3 player team on hell standard.

SpasMaster

Level 23
i have the same problem! i've tried several times but it fails. what is the correct order between those switches! or it's bugged?
It is the correct order and to my knowledge there is no bug involved, however with the combination I see on the screenshot the door should open. If it does not, I suggested to the user that showed the photo to disable all switches and then try again, to which he never responded again. You could try it and see if that solves it for you. If not, let us know.

Level 5
It is the correct order and to my knowledge there is no bug involved, however with the combination I see on the screenshot the door should open. If it does not, I suggested to the user that showed the photo to disable all switches and then try again, to which he never responded again. You could try it and see if that solves it for you. If not, let us know.
it works, ty. now i'm stuck trying to find the "corrupted essence". where is it?

Level 1
So first off I absolutely love this map, hands down my favorite. Me and a friend played for like 4 hours last night, was dope. I was hosting and I saved the game using the normal save function in wc3 and it saved fine. But when I try to load that game for us nothing really happens. Wc3 just greys out all the buttons and sits there. Doesnt freeze outright but wont do anything. Did I save incorrectly or maybe my save file got corrupted? Any info would be appreciated. Again dope map. 5/5

SpasMaster

Level 23
But when I try to load that game for us nothing really happens. Wc3 just greys out all the buttons and sits there.
How are you trying to Load the game? Directly while playing? Because the correct way to Load a game is to leave the game and then you 'host' the load file. Instead of clicking on 'Create Game', you click on 'Load Game'.
In case this is how you are doing it and it still doesn't work it might be possible there is a loading issue, which happens often with the new WC3 patches. Speaking of which, what is the warcraft patch you are playing on?

Level 1
How are you trying to Load the game? Directly while playing? Because the correct way to Load a game is to leave the game and then you 'host' the load file. Instead of clicking on 'Create Game', you click on 'Load Game'.
In case this is how you are doing it and it still doesn't work it might be possible there is a loading issue, which happens often with the new WC3 patches. Speaking of which, what is the warcraft patch you are playing on?
Yeah I was loading it the way you described, by clicking load game. Its like its trying to load it but nothing happens just the load button and cancel grey out and become unclickable but the game doesnt ever freeze or crash. I let it sit like that over night once to see if maybe it just took awhile, but no dice. And its patch 1.30.2.11065. Not a huge issue just didnt know if i wasnt doing something correctly.

Level 1
Yeah I was loading it the way you described, by clicking load game. Its like its trying to load it but nothing happens just the load button and cancel grey out and become unclickable but the game doesnt ever freeze or crash. I let it sit like that over night once to see if maybe it just took awhile, but no dice. And its patch 1.30.2.11065. Not a huge issue just didnt know if i wasnt doing something correctly.

I have the exact same issue. Could be the patch breaking the game but not sure

OTB

OTB

Level 1
The escape button (for stats points) does not work with the new patch 1.30.3, worked fine with 1.30.2
Also, the teal player is always crashing when trying to load a save game.

Thanks for looking into this

Edit : It seems the ESC points work only after 30 minutes of playing the map... weird but hey at least it works!

Last edited:
Level 1
Hi there, this is my first time playing this map (great map btw) and Warcraft 3 in general, how can i save in local multiplayer?

Level 1
Hi would you mind giving the Dragon Knight a bit more oomph to bring him closer to other tanks dps wise? even with spell-spam-triggered fire blasts it takes like 2-3 times as long to get through the early stages of the area. maybe have his reflect talent work off his attackdamage like the naga one, so it is useful in the early stages of the game as well?

i am really trying to enjoy the map, as it is incredibly well done, but i fail to find a build that keeps me entertained solo. do the old hero recommendations for soloing still work after all these patches? i tried easy - heroic and the amount of snakes spawned made it pretty much impossible to progress, since no hero has enough dps/ aoe and survivability at the same time.

Level 1
First of I want to say this is by far more entertaining than any other game that releases nowadays :D
Me and my friend never played sunken city and by accident we tried it yesterday and it was just amazing. But then we saved the game and now we can't load it :( probably as posts above say because of latest wc3 patch. Any info for when it will be fixed or if it will be fixed in general? At least maybe someone knows another way like downgrading wc3 patch if it is possible?

SpasMaster

Level 23
probably as posts above say because of latest wc3 patch.
Correct, the issue is due to the latest WC3 patch.
Any info for when it will be fixed or if it will be fixed in general?
Blizzard have confirmed they are aware of the issue and that it will be fixed, but there is no ETA yet, unfortunately.

Level 1
Hi
'd like to thanks SM for awesome work. great one map
But i've an question about last boss: i'm playing on hard HC mode and got troubles with. is it possible to beat him? i'd tried like about 1 hour but there's no progress. my best try was like 70% then i've been devoured by summons.
may any "hard player" gimme some hints with it?
thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
Level 4
@Deadmauz What hero are you using? only some heroes can finish a SP and defeat the last boss, as it was intended to be multiplayer. Maybe all heroes can finish with some luck and a tactic .

Level 1
@Deadmauz What hero are you using? only some heroes can finish a SP and defeat the last boss, as it was intended to be multiplayer. Maybe all heroes can finish with some luck and a tactic .
DH trough meta vampiric
at most i've only defencive items and only 2 for dps(legendary sword(forgot the name ^^) and viper). tried playing with other ways but it goes the way worser then before. smthng tells me i chose wrong class for solo? ):

Level 4
DH is a viable hero for solo but even though he can sustain himself he lacks durability. STR heroes are more recommend. i beat normal and below + HC , solo with Deathknight and paladin. dont give up tho maybe try hit and run tactics.

Level 1
DH is a viable hero for solo but even though he can sustain himself he lacks durability. STR heroes are more recommend. i beat normal and below + HC , solo with Deathknight and paladin. dont give up tho maybe try hit and run tactics.
the thing is in encouter. have no time to clean second phase before next one. tbh, yesterday i switched some items and improve my best to ~60% :D by ty for advice, later 'll try with some str hero.

Level 2
Hey can anyone help me out. I can't find Essence of Darkness. How do i work the 4 obelisks and I assume I need something to dig the 2 soft ground spots with. I've been running around over an hour now... and yes I've read all book shelves. Either I've missed something obvious or I'm just stupid.

Also have couple questions/bugs:

-Not sure if its intended but Shaman has 1 talent and mastery both named Ancestral Touch. Just thought it was little confusing.

-In the Azsune fight I got almost one shoted by something but I never saw casting bar or spell effect or anything, my health would just drop to like 5-10% from full health. It happened several times so I assume it was boss using some kind of ability but there was no animation or effect to suggest it.

-What exactly does Spell Damage Reduction mean? Are all boss and enemy abilities considered spells? If not how do I know which ability is "spell" and which is considered "normal" skill.

Level 4
@Mortu
First , I think the darkness essence comes from the lich in the graveyard. The obelisks will Need a special rare drop. And the soft ground will need a shovel? I myself haven't found these shovels but some has.

Next I don't use shaman so kek.

Azsune has a blinding light skill so look away when she channels, this is written in the quest.

Yes spell reduction = less spell dmg. The dmg indicators for spell dmg is a different color. most enemy skills and the snakes from hardcore are spell dmg. The are no normal spell dmg normal dmg are from basic attacks

Level 2
@Davion24

Ok so how do i find this lich? I need to go through the massive gate towards the library? How do i do that? I've been stuck for so long and run through the map 3 times already... It just says that I need something powerful to break it. Only thing I can think of is Exploding barrel but it keeps saying that I can't detonate it there.

It could be that the Azsune fight bugged for me then because I didnt see any channeling and I was definitively looking for something like that.

I didn't think to look for dmg indicator colors, thx.

Level 4
Oh I see the massive gate problem alot of people got stuck her too even me first.
yeah you gonna need to use the golems from the boss fight if they all dead your screwed and better load a ealier save

Yeah I got a load that all channeling bars are gone I didn't stay and made a new game. Maybe watch her and when she stops attacking she's charging.

Level 2
Oh wow, really?! Imagine playing 6 hours and then be forced to start over... that's really weird map design. Why put them in the Bel'Shan fight without warning that you need them after that.

SpasMaster

Level 23
Will this map work on 1.26?
Not likely.
Seeing on how many problems the 1.30+ patches create would it be easier to just play it on an earlier patch?
The most problematic patches did get fixed soon after that by follow-up 'fix' patches.
The current live patch is working flawlessly so far. The only issue that exists is that you cannot save/load in BattleNet, but that wouldn't concern you since you are contemplating playing on 1.26 where you won't have BattleNet anyways.

Level 1
Not likely.

The most problematic patches did get fixed soon after that by follow-up 'fix' patches.
The current live patch is working flawlessly so far. The only issue that exists is that you cannot save/load in BattleNet, but that wouldn't concern you since you are contemplating playing on 1.26 where you won't have BattleNet anyways.

Well if its working on the newest patch without problems then its all fine, I was just looking for some good LAN games with my buddies.

We actually tried it on the newest patch and the only thing was that he couldnt join a saved game that I hosted via LAN, I guessed it was client related instead of maprelated though.

SpasMaster

Level 23
Hello to everyone, I wanted to give a small quick update on v2.4.5.
Work on the version has started soon after the last update and has been publicly tested in our Discord server since November.

The version involves implementing all the features and changes mentioned in the Development Update from a while ago. Needless to say, the changes are pretty significant and require lots of work and time.

I have been constantly working for months now, but there is still a lot more to implement. In addition to all the changes that will be noticeable by you, the players, I am also optimizing code and improving on many existing systems.

Just wanted to drop by and let everyone know that a new version has been in the works as soon as the previous one was released.
The long wait will be worth it! ;)

Level 3
Quick question, can any1 give me the map vers that can be played on older w3 patches? I wanna play sc with some friends but only I havd 1.29+ so latest version won't work, thanks, sorry if I posted in a wrong place, just tell me and I'll move it

Level 1
Hello to everyone, I wanted to give a small quick update on v2.4.5.
Work on the version has started soon after the last update and has been publicly tested in our Discord server since November.

The version involves implementing all the features and changes mentioned in the Development Update from a while ago. Needless to say, the changes are pretty significant and require lots of work and time.

I have been constantly working for months now, but there is still a lot more to implement. In addition to all the changes that will be noticeable by you, the players, I am also optimizing code and improving on many existing systems.

Just wanted to drop by and let everyone know that a new version has been in the works as soon as the previous one was released.
The long wait will be worth it! ;)

Will this version fix the save/load on battlenet?

Level 1
Hello, I've started playing your map today and I really like it.
Glad it's possible to play it solo, however I seem to have maneuvered myself into a delicate position:
After clearing the very first Dungeon I bought the item that lets you tp to a Teleportation Rune in sight and went back into the dungeon, since there were two of those runes in there.
After using it at the first Rune (close to the Vault only accessible to Naga) I realized that there is apparently no way of getting back again...
So I'm kinda stuck and after trying for about ten minutes I fear there is indeed no way.
Am I overlooking something or has anyone an idea how I can get down there and keep on playing?
Don't really want to start all over again, so I'm thankful for any helpful tips.

Level 1
A much more convenient and less time consuming one will be coming in the next version. :)
Looking forward to it :)
Also while we're at it, I seem to be unable to give the Enchantress Dryad any Items to work with, all I can do is placing them on the ground next to her.
Am I missing something here or is this a bug?
And the Inspect Hotkey [C] isn't working, can you fix that?
Leaving this aside I really enjoy plaing your Map!

Level 4
@Grmblfx
You're supposed to hold them on your inventory then ask her to combine, see her inventory for an example. The inspect can only be used on specific spots. Where did it not work.
@SpasMaster
Glad it's still updating. This is one of my top fave maps.

Level 1
@Grmblfx
You're supposed to hold them on your inventory then ask her to combine, see her inventory for an example. The inspect can only be used on specific spots. Where did it not work.
Ah I see, I must have missed that, thanks again.
The Inspect itself works fine, it's just the Hotkey that does not work.

Level 3
Hello, I've started playing your map today and I really like it.
Glad it's possible to play it solo, however I seem to have maneuvered myself into a delicate position:
After clearing the very first Dungeon I bought the item that lets you tp to a Teleportation Rune in sight and went back into the dungeon, since there were two of those runes in there.
After using it at the first Rune (close to the Vault only accessible to Naga) I realized that there is apparently no way of getting back again...
So I'm kinda stuck and after trying for about ten minutes I fear there is indeed no way.
Am I overlooking something or has anyone an idea how I can get down there and keep on playing?
Don't really want to start all over again, so I'm thankful for any helpful tips.
Use your resurrection stone to teleport yourself out if you're solo that's the only way out.

Level 1
Hi,
me and 2 friends played via multiplayer. we saved the game but we cant load the map in multiplayer. ist that a common bug or do we just have bad luck?

Level 1
Hi, I've almost finished the game. I've just got 4 questions, where can I find the shovel pick, where can i find the key to the locked door close to the chaos construct, what item(s) do i use for the sumoning obelisks and where is the 'most valuable key'?

Last edited:
Level 4
@Thomas Biemans
1. I also wanna know. But ik they just contain random tier loot.
2. Is it the door that "needs something powerful to open" or something else.
3 and 4. Both are very rare mob drops.