• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sunken City v2.5.0

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
full

full

Powered by Bribe's Damage Engine
[Hosted Project Page | Forum]

INFORMATION

CHANGELOG

FEATURES

SCREENSHOTS

TRAILER

HEROES

CREDITS

INFORMATION
Sunken City is a Dungeon Crawler map with RPG elements. The Player controls a hero and has to over come numerous puzzles, traps, quests, enemies and different bosses to reach the end. The game contains multiple different features that allow for advanced hero customization.

Recommended Players: Soloing is possible, but for better experience play with 2 or 3 players.
Gameplay Time: Between 3 and 6 hours depending on number of players and difficulty.
Amount of Heroes: 21
Maximum Level: 18

EasyNormalHardHellInsane
Enemy Handicap
100%
120%
150%
185%
230%
Enemy Bonus Damage
0%
30%
80%
130%
170%
Enemy Bonus Armor
Enemy Bonus Attack Speed
0%
15%
25%
35%
40%

EasyNormalHardHellInsane
Bonus Gold per Kill
Bonus XP
0%
0%
1%
3%
5%
Bonus Drop Chances
0%
10%
15%
20%
30%
Starting Gold

CHANGELOG

186388-albums6607-picture72240.png
Version 2.5.0. [08.03.2024]
Come and play with us in our Discord server! Join here.

General Changes
  • Tooltip fixes.
  • Minor terrain changes.
  • Mastery and Potency values now additionally update periodically during combat in addition to the on-spellcast update.
  • Reset Talents now correctly has a cooldown of 60 seconds instead of 100.
  • The <-stats> command has been removed as stacking info is now available through the UI elements.
  • Base cooldown of abilities in tooltips is now displayed past the decimal point.
  • Fixed a bug where Hunter and Tidewarrior could not be chosen through random hero selection.
  • Fixed a bug where Hero Status Bars, DPS Meter and Hero Custom Resource UI elements were not working.
  • Fixed a bug where flat damage reduction effects could completely negate some of the damage dealt by Nightmares.
  • Fixed a bug where music would stop playing after loading the game.
  • Fixed the Loading Screen to no longer have its text covered by the Loading Bar, which was moved in a recent Warcraft 3 patch.

Classes
full
Death Knight
  • Fixed a bug where the Breath of Sindragosa Talent could also damage allies.
  • Fixed a bug where the Decomposition Talent was increasing the damage of Plaguebearer's effect by more than intended.
full
Hunter
  • Fixed a bug where Grylls gained 10% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Huffer gained 5% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Spike gained 30% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
full
Necromancer
  • Fixed a bug where the Life from Death Talent had incorrect chance for Skeletal minions to drop Blood Globes.
full
Paladin
  • Fixed a bug where Ardent Defender's increased Healing taken was not working properly.
full
Priest
  • Fixed a bug where Void Rift could move Demon Portals.
full
Tidewarrior
  • Fixed a bug where Tidal Strike would not gain increased damage while above 25% Critical Strike chance.
  • Fixed a bug where Tidal Strike's visual effect would occasionally appear on the wrong target.
  • Fixed a bug where the Myrmidon effect of Tail Slam could increase non-attack damage.
  • Fixed a bug where the Storm Trident Talent was not working.
full
Tinker
  • Inventor's Demolitions effect can now heal the Tinker while below 40% health up from 35%.
  • Fixed a bug where the Critical Strike provided by the Target Locking Talent was not working.
  • Fixed a bug where the Ion Grenade Talent was not doubling the mana scaling it adds when Throw Betty is Upgraded.
  • Fixed a bug where Upgraded Throw Betty would never stun.
full
Windmaster
  • Now has the correct Attribute Bonus ability.
full
Witch Doctor
  • Fixed a bug where the Spiritual Touch Talent's effect for Ancient Ward did not apply on Heroes.

Items
186388-albums6307-picture71865.jpg
Items

• Skyfeather Crown will now only allow spellcasts to empower the attacks of the Spirit of Aviana if the Spirit is already summoned.
  • Spellbreaker Shield should no longer appear under the Mana Regeneration shop Category.
  • Fixed a bug where Forbidden Seal would occasionally grant more Talent Slots than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Saberclaws was not working.
  • Fixed a bug where Chemical Armor was granting more Health Regeneration (Stat) than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Staff of Idrassil would also apply its buff on summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Eye of Discord's AoE effect would not trigger for attacks against non-hero units.
  • Fixed a bug where Sanguine Gaze was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Spiked Chains was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Topaz Amulet was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Embrace of the Hawk's Equip effect was not working.

Archives

FEATURES
  • Diverse Heroes: The 21 heroes in Sunken City possess different custom skills which are well presented in detailed tooltips.
  • Backpack System: In case your inventory is full, you are given a backpack with additional 6 slots where you can carry quest items or unused items for selling.
  • Stat System: Each level you are given the possibility to access the Skill Poitns Menu and gain access to secondary stats (non-Strength, Agility, Intelligence).
  • Item Interaction Systems: Sunken City gives the option to Disenchant items for stats or to Reforge unused lesser items to create better ones.
  • Chest System: There are many Chests scattered around the Sunken City. Opening them rewards you with a random item!
  • Quests: Embark quests that give you side objectives throughout the game!
  • Challenges: Complete difficult optional challenges for additional rewards.
  • Shop System: A simple and intuitive shop system makes it easier for players to navigate and purchase some of the many Sunken City shop items.
  • Rolling: Sunken City allows you to roll for items that suit everyone. Therefore you can avoid stealing.
  • Damage and Armor: Sunken City's gameplay is based around damaging the best target. By mouse-overing your damage and armor you will easiliy understand what's your best target!
  • Gold System: Players in Sunken City share the Gold gained by killing creeps!
  • Randomized Items: Each creature you kill has a chance of dropping one of the hundreds of items, contained in a scripted loot-table. In addition bosses have multiple drops, which add to the replayability.
  • Glyph System: A system that allows your hero to pick a combination of various Glyphs which add passive effects to your hero.
  • Talent System: Each hero has unique set of Talents that can amplify, modify, add or replace the existing hero abilities.

SCREENSHOTS

TRAILER

HEROES

Intelligence HeroesStrength HeroesAgility Heroes

Shaman [1]
Druid [2]
Priest [3]
Mage [4]
Necromancer [5]
Warlock [6]
Witch Doctor [7]
Warrior [1]
Paladin [2]
Death Knight [3]
Monk [4]
Tidewarrior [5]
Dragon Sentinel [6]
Tinker [7]
Rogue [1]
Hunter [2]
Feral Druid [3]
Windmaster [4]
Berserker [5]
Demon Hunter [6]
Siren [7]

CREDITS

I would like to thank the following people:
Note:
There are many more resources that I used, but I can't find their creators. If you see your resource used in my map, please tell me and I will add you here.

Contents

Sunken City v2.5.0 (Map)

Reviews
Moderator: -Kobas- Contact: Visitor Message / Private Message! Date: 24-Dec-13 (14:27:40)Personal Comment:One of the most polished maps, of its type, that I had a chance to play. Beautiful terrain, nice story, well customized heroes and enemies...
Level 2
Well I played through the start of the map with my friend, but we reached the area just past the first shop with the pressure plates, and neither of us were playing a hero with summons, and no items with summons had dropped, So i was unsure as to how we were supposed to continue. Can you give me a hint or something? sorry if this is something you've answered before. and thanks for the reply!

Level 1
Well I played through the start of the map with my friend, but we reached the area just past the first shop with the pressure plates, and neither of us were playing a hero with summons, and no items with summons had dropped, So i was unsure as to how we were supposed to continue. Can you give me a hint or something? sorry if this is something you've answered before. and thanks for the reply!

You can buy Furbolgs from the merchant. In Consumable tab

OOT: I'm stuck at the point where i've cleared Overlord and further to Atal'ai , where should i go next ?
I know that Witch Doctor's quest kinda bugged, but the question is what do i miss ?

P.S: I did not do the Queen Tomb dungeon. Auto attack mess the movement and BAM you're dead. Especially when you walking highground where a Skeleton Champion wait there.

Level 1
Hey!

Playing the map recently I've found a MAJOR BUG. Sacrifical Tome is working with enemy units and OHKO any unit in the map, including bosses!

The game is awesome, good job!

Level 1
Hey man

Great job on the maps, but you know I've got to ask if we can have a HPS-meter. Imo it shouldn't stay on screen like the DPS meter, but it could be accessed via an in-game command, such as -hps, or -heal... etc.

I think it would make a nice addition to the game. :)

Level 2
7 hours of life for a few
CgpyJ1AE_34.jpg

RzRl5UfFzGY.jpg

AK_p_ny7KLE.jpg

Worst trade for sure :pird:

Time to nerf some mage :ogre_datass:

P.S. Mage's hold pose with that legendary item is *pray*

Last edited:
Level 2
As I am not well versed in map making, I have no idea how difficult or easy a task this might be, so please take it with a grain of salt.

It might be cool to add an alternative mode for players to choose from that would allow multiple players to play classes from the same primary attribute, Obviously this is not as effective or as efficient as playing classes from different stat groups, but It could be fun for some people to give them a new way to play the map and add to its replayability.

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
Hey man

Great job on the maps, but you know I've got to ask if we can have a HPS-meter. Imo it shouldn't stay on screen like the DPS meter, but it could be accessed via an in-game command, such as -hps, or -heal... etc.

I think it would make a nice addition to the game. :)
Here is the thing. All Strength and Intelligence heroes have multiple sources of damage. They actually have the tools to compete with eachother and with the Agility hero. However, very few non-Intelligence heroes have healing sources. So, a HPS metter (if I could actually do it) would look like that:
Str: 0
Int: 650
Agi: 0

It would almost always be like that and it kinda seems purposeless to me.

As I am not well versed in map making, I have no idea how difficult or easy a task this might be, so please take it with a grain of salt.

It might be cool to add an alternative mode for players to choose from that would allow multiple players to play classes from the same primary attribute, Obviously this is not as effective or as efficient as playing classes from different stat groups, but It could be fun for some people to give them a new way to play the map and add to its replayability.
I have thought about it over the years and it has been suggested multiple times. It's absoloutely impossible for me to do it considering that all game systems and mechanics are designed with str/int/agi in mind. Sorry.

Level 1
Here is the thing. All Strength and Intelligence heroes have multiple sources of damage. They actually have the tools to compete with eachother and with the Agility hero. However, very few non-Intelligence heroes have healing sources. So, a HPS metter (if I could actually do it) would look like that:
Str: 0
Int: 650
Agi: 0

It would almost always be like that and it kinda seems purposeless to me.

Ah fair enough :)

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Stuff based on v2.1.9

• Could you make the first ressurection stone initally activated, please ?
    I lost a game because a newbie was scared he would not respawn with it not being activated,
    so he ran to it and left us in battle
  • The runes in that room, under the first murloc trio, do they still spawn three books when
    you step on the runes ? If so, it would be nice if summons could trigger that, too
  • The Backpack ability could have a PAS icon to avoid confusion
  • Could you make Bloodglobes affect grunts ? Would be very helpful in single player
  • Could you also make Recall affect summons and grunts ?
  • Shimmerweed has a spelling mistake: 'incresed' -> 'increased'
  • Shouldn't the ghost trap, near the level 4+ passage, be triggered by any unit ?
    I couldn't trigger it with my summons ( Warlock)
  • When you haven't killed the creep group to the left, left from the passage leading to the room with the two passages,
    4+ and the other one, then they will attack you once you trigger the ghost trap
  • I think it could be a great idea to icnrease the drop range of the backpack.
    That drop items ability is nice, but not helpful when it comes to only one item
  • What do you think about a usage note to the resource description of the Shadow Crystals ?
    It does not tell one what to do with these
  • Make Diana invulnerable ? The water elementals of the upper cliff, from the bandit mages,
    killed her. The text message after completing the quest still popped up though
  • I think the tooltip of Flamewarden's Rune is wrong. It states the expiration time is 15 seconds, but I think it is shorter, like 10 seconds or 8.
  • The hint about bug report should be 'at Hiveworkshop', not 'in Hiveworkshop', shouldn't it ?
  • Soul Burn buff tooltip ( Warlock) states the unit with the buff misses on attack
    whereas it has a chance to miss on attack
  • A death animation for weapon racks would be decent, you might ask someone to add one,
    should be a very small edit with low file size.
  • The algorithm for floating numbers could be more intelligent, right now often numbers overlap,
    making it hard to see the actual numbers ( damage values)
  • A very important point to me, could you make items like the Key of the Moon
    passive dummy abilities being added to the Backpack or a spellbook for the backpack ?
    I don't see a good reason why it sohuld be limited to one player and taking up space in your inventory.
    Same could apply for some other items, like Heart of Aszune, Tribal Stone or The King's Blood
  • I would suggest to slightly icnrease Altar of Ata'ai's targetting range
  • Add backpack detection for quest items, for example make Orc Warlock detect if you have Vial of Magical Fire in your backpack.
    It is tiresome to have to exchange them with your equipment
  • I would suggest you replace that icon on the multiboard for runes with actual text.
    Even though it has the same icon as the rune dummy, you might not get the reference immediatly.
  • Furthermore I would suggest to exchange the icons of not available rune slots
    in the multiboard with another one that clearly shows it is not available, instead of just three question marks
  • The tooltip of Embrace of Light is misleading, the health formula is not clear.
    250 + 10% of maximum health for each creep or 250 + 10% of every creep affected by the ability
  • Are Living Water, Ring of the Lost Nerubian and Celestial Orb of Souls supposed to share cooldown ?
  • Remove shock wave from the Savage Beast, it causes immense lag and permanent leaks due to terrain deformation.
    You could use a modified water wave ability instead to simulate a shock wave
  • Is the barrier of Aszune supposed to be gone before she dies ?
    The barrier immediatly disappeared when I slept her with that item, Slumber sth.
  • I did not receive an announced item reward for completing The Sinner.
    It was announced in the game message that popped up upon completing it
  • Grunts cannot enter Zular Forest
  • There was a strange incident with buying Seed of Idrassil.
    There first was a grey text stating 'Coming Soon!', but after buying it once that tooltip disappeared.

Level 1
I have finished the game with my brother. And after we search another objectives that we couldnt obtain, we spend 3-4 hours but we couldnt find it.

1) How to unlock doors at the Master's Chamber

2) How to get The Legend of Dawn

3) How to kill Zarosh (We couldnt find the Elven Stone)

4)And we couldnt find the Feric's key

5) We didnt figure out how we can open the door for ancient shop(we only find that one ruby)
Please help! Thanks!

Level 2
Been playing through solo, but im stuck at the moon rune puzzle, the only help i could find was that i need the moon stone, but it doesnt seem to be anywhere in the treasury. any help?

Level 2
thank you so much :D, really appreciate it, last thing, how do you get the mote of fire?

nevermind, i figured it out, but i seem to be stuck, i accidentally walked into the control circle for the temple guardian after killing the boss with my hero, and im not sure if theres any way out. any help?

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 15
Came here to say, your newest heroes are amazing. Great job on them! I can't wait for the next patch to add support for 150+mb maps, so you can go HAM with new content and you don't need to remove these awesome heroes when you add new ones! I haven't played in a while, maybe I am just ignorant, and I am sorry in advance if that is a case, but can you explain to me what is this Heroism thing?

Level 6
You sound annoyed by that.

Not even close. It was a seasoned comment with surprise and amusement at the same time. The fact that you didn't drop the map out is admirable. Good job and keep it up as usual.

On a side note, do you consider adding random events to the map?

SpasMaster

Level 23
Came here to say, your newest heroes are amazing. Great job on them!
Thanks! Glad you like them.
I can't wait for the next patch to add support for 150+mb maps, so you can go HAM with new content and you don't need to remove these awesome heroes when you add new ones!
Yeah, I can't wait. I have big plans.
I haven't played in a while, maybe I am just ignorant, and I am sorry in advance if that is a case, but can you explain to me what is this Heroism thing?
It's a Glyph. Whenever you take it, it activates the effect stated in an ability tooltip for your hero.
On a side note, do you consider adding random events to the map?
Yes. But it's not a priority on the list for the time being.

Level 5
The new hero is cool! though his ultimate is bugged it doesnt adds 20/40 str & agi as stated (i checked bonus and base it didnt increase) and uhh he can also jump through some gates that have creeps near them allowing him to acess some areas he shouldnt have acces s too yet like skipping the Zombie - Doom guard boss fight he can also do that in the gate near the caged orc and skip into the next area with the banshees guarding an item (just some examples i did way more than that xD)

Level 1
Can you give me a hint on how to open the panda shop?

Is there a switch or something similar in the vault? Or do I need to progress later into the game to open it?

Level 2
Hi,

About me;
I have played the map versions 2.1.5 and 2.2.1. I have finished the map in 2.1.5 but I couldn't finish it in 2.2.1 because I couldn't find the last quest. Personally, I play anything I like at least twice and I like searching everything in a game (lets say between 95-100 %), but I prefer 1 or 2 classes, not all (in other games, too). I played this game solo always in EASY - NORMAL - 20 lives (but finished at 32 or else with save/load). My last game lasted longer than 30 hours.

I also note that this game is for 3 players, not for solo, but that's why I played on EASY - NORMAL not INSANE - HEROIC. But me and many other people play the game solo.

My comments imho :)

- There are some miss interpretations, for example I wanted to play Paladin. I was expecting item special attacks to trigger heal&mana too but they didn't.
- Like artist and audience, you have put great effort but we players also put great time in this game too. I have been searching for items and quests which may not even be available. Please, inform beforehand which quest are available. My search desire became a frustration.
- Unnecessarily long mob slaying due to 95% armor damage reduction. I am playing the game at easy-normal but it already took me too long.
- In order to reach level 18, you need to read TOMES OF EXPERIENCE (easy-normal). Random encounters rarely give experience. But, maybe you can change level caps for difficulty levels.
- Marauder bug : 1 skill missed due to empower. 17/18 skills. I lost the 1 skill at about level 12.
- Intelligence heroes are not balanced. Flame warden serpent/hydra was really weak.
- Most people liked the character and monster designs but I really didn't like them.
- You might add -save/load system so that we can get the missing items of quests.
- It was really annoying to find the resurrection stone to teleport back after using ULTRASAFE TELEPORT. Choosing any teleport stone was better. Also, there are maybe 20 different teleport zones. Not being able to teleport and teleporting the same place is really annoying.
- Nice puzzles, but for example charging stone or discharged rod. There are 2 places in level 4 final area (4 switches area), where lightning strikes occur. I tried to charge the items there.
- F9 quests does not say much about some of the quests.
- I didn't need extra drop chance because I had the items I needed, except for legendary and artifacts.
- I did't sell any items. I had tones of items. Please, improve item management. There were many unnecessary items.
- Many items were mediocre. Boss drops were not satisfactory.
- I completed most of the challenges (only MIND TRICK and CROUD CONTROL failed). The rewards were unsatisfactory.
- I found all 23/23 of the secrets. 700 gold reward was not given.
- I have 3 more locked chests but I don't have any keys. I also finished all optional quests.
- The atmosphere was not fitting. Like character models, undead and demons should be separate. There should be more different monsters small and big bosses.
- In the beginning 5 auto damage by item was ok. But 10-20 damage for late game was annoying.
- The game ending was less than expected.

FINALLY,
I guess you intentionally made some of the reservations so that people can play the map again. But it was really annoying trying to complete a quest without knowing it is not even possible since the item never dropped or I have to start a new game. I really liked the puzzles like many others, but I don't want to play again under these circumstances. But, I will be following the new versions.

Thanks.

SpasMaster

Level 23
First of all, thanks for your comment and for playing the map.
- There are some miss interpretations, for example I wanted to play Paladin. I was expecting item special attacks to trigger heal&mana too but they didn't.
Let me see if I understand properly: You expected on-hit effects like for example, Equip: Causes your auto-attacks to deal extra 25 standalone damage., to proc the Paladin passive ability? Well effects that proc on-attack are not actual attacks. So as far as I am concerned, everything here is clear.
- Like artist and audience, you have put great effort but we players also put great time in this game too. I have been searching for items and quests which may not even be available. Please, inform beforehand which quest are available. My search desire became a frustration.
Let me clear something out: All quests are available and completable. Always. However, Artifact items and 2 of the Legendary items are not acquirable in every game. This is personal design choise that I am going to stick to. I don't want players to find out how to acquire an Artifact item and then "god-mode" their way through the game every time. Acquiring such items should be rare and special. But again, all quests are completable except the one quest that is part of a Legendary item acquisition.
Unnecessarily long mob slaying due to 95% armor damage reduction. I am playing the game at easy-normal but it already took me too long.
I believe you refer to the Divine Armored golems in the end of the game? There are only 2-4 of them, so i wouldn't worry much about it.
- In order to reach level 18, you need to read TOMES OF EXPERIENCE (easy-normal). Random encounters rarely give experience. But, maybe you can change level caps for difficulty levels.
Yes, I recently messed up experience gains and I am working on fixing the issue.
- Marauder bug : 1 skill missed due to empower. 17/18 skills. I lost the 1 skill at about level 12.
His "Fury" passive ability states that you don't get a skill point while empowered, but you gain it back when you get empowered once again. So the skill you are missing might have happened at level 18. I'll investigate.
- Intelligence heroes are not balanced. Flame warden serpent/hydra was really weak.
Did you go for pet build as Flame Warden? Because pets are strong when you go for pet build. You can't expect to mass Mana for example and have your Hydras deal tons of damage. If you want your Hydras to be powerful, you must build accordingly. Get the proper Glyphs and items that can make your summons incredibly strong. Certain effects have insane synergies, especially when it comes to pets.
- Most people liked the character and monster designs but I really didn't like them.
"I don't like something" doesn't help me. Explain why and I might consider your opinion, but if you just tell me that you don't like it, I can't do much about it.
- You might add -save/load system so that we can get the missing items of quests.
-save/load is a system created for ORPGs. This is a Dungeon Crawler. What missing items of quests are you talking about anyways?
- It was really annoying to find the resurrection stone to teleport back after using ULTRASAFE TELEPORT. Choosing any teleport stone was better. Also, there are maybe 20 different teleport zones. Not being able to teleport and teleporting the same place is really annoying.
I am having difficulties understanding you here, but I assume that it's difficult for you to teleport away after using Ultrasafe Teleporter. Well, it's pretty easy in multiplayer, but I guess Resurrection Stones are your only choice in singleplayer.
- Nice puzzles, but for example charging stone or discharged rod. There are 2 places in level 4 final area (4 switches area), where lightning strikes occur. I tried to charge the items there.
I'll try to make that more clear.
- F9 quests does not say much about some of the quests.
I'll try to improve that.
- I didn't need extra drop chance because I had the items I needed, except for legendary and artifacts.
Well, that's expected. You are playing solo. Things are a bit different, when you have 2 more hungry teammates with you. :p
- I did't sell any items. I had tones of items. Please, improve item management. There were many unnecessary items.
Please pay attention to the actual item management features that the game offers to you.
You can combine 3 lesser quality items into 1 higher quality item.
You can disenchant items to turn them into stats.
All of that you can do at the Enchantress.
- Many items were mediocre. Boss drops were not satisfactory.
That's partly intentional. I want shop items to be the best (non-Artifact, non-Legendary) items that you can get.
- I completed most of the challenges (only MIND TRICK and CROUD CONTROL failed). The rewards were unsatisfactory.
I agree some of them are unsatisfactory, but certainly not all of them. I will work on this.
- I found all 23/23 of the secrets. 700 gold reward was not given.
I will investigate the issue.
I have 3 more locked chests but I don't have any keys.
Not all chests are meant to be open.
The atmosphere was not fitting. Like character models, undead and demons should be separate. There should be more different monsters small and big bosses.
I am working on enemy diversity, but Demons and Undead do fit. Follow the lore I have given :p
In the beginning 5 auto damage by item was ok. But 10-20 damage for late game was annoying.
I am not sure I understand you here.
The game ending was less than expected.
I agree. I will work on it.
I guess you intentionally made some of the reservations so that people can play the map again. But it was really annoying trying to complete a quest without knowing it is not even possible since the item never dropped or I have to start a new game.
Again, as I have already explained: All quests can be completed in 1 game. Only one of the quests is related to a Legendary item and cannot be completed every time.

Level 1
Thanks for the prompt hint! I actually have a couple more questions right now.

I'm stuck on The Path is Clear; I can't find a way to open the door to the last trigger, how is this supposed to be triggered?

What is the Light Prism used for? unlike the treasure map, there isn't a hint (although I haven't figured out where the cave is either :p)

Can I have a hint on where to find the Sphere of Darkness? is it also in the vault? or is it later in the game? or maybe a rare drop?

Regarding the actual game itself:
Have you considered making the rare class specific drops epic? They seem to be rare random drops so having the right class in the right run is quite rare already, it would be really nice if this low chance rewards players well haha!

Also (I might be wrong about this) but have you considered making relics not disenchantable? I think I got a relic that is needed for some secrets in the game, but not knowing that it's needed I think I disenchanted it and now I can't find another one :S. Maybe make the Easter egg relics non-disenchantable too? that way it wouldn't give away which relics are used and which are Easter eggs.

P.S. I heard you're planning on making this game much bigger? Is this true?

Last edited:

SpasMaster

Level 23
I'm stuck on The Path is Clear; I can't find a way to open the door to the last trigger, how is this supposed to be triggered?
You need another unit to step on the circle of power in front of the door and it will open.
What is the Light Prism used for? unlike the treasure map, there isn't a hint (although I haven't figured out where the cave is either :p)
The Light Prism is used for acquiring a Legendary item. Read its tooltip, it will help you out. I can't give you more hints than that. Think of puzzles in the map you passed through and left for later solving.
Can I have a hint on where to find the Sphere of Darkness? is it also in the vault? or is it later in the game? or maybe a rare drop?
It's in a shop. It's pretty obvious actually. :p
Have you considered making the rare class specific drops epic? They seem to be rare random drops so having the right class in the right run is quite rare already, it would be really nice if this low chance rewards players well haha!
Let's just say that I currently don't have any plans to change the class items, but it certainly will happen in the future.
Also (I might be wrong about this) but have you considered making relics not disenchantable? I think I got a relic that is needed for some secrets in the game, but not knowing that it's needed I think I disenchanted it and now I can't find another one :S. Maybe make the Easter egg relics non-disenchantable too? that way it wouldn't give away which relics are used and which are Easter eggs.
Ehh... not really a fan of that. I want people to pay attention. I don't want to hold them by the hand.
P.S. I heard you're planning on making this game much bigger? Is this true?
Well... define "bigger". :)

Level 2
Hi,

Great work and thanks for the quick reply,
I would like to give you credit because most comments coming from various people usually miss the point on how things are made. Sometimes, including me, if our desires were to be fulfilled we would easily get bored with it and sometimes we want something but we don't know what we want. I wanted to make this explanation because some people, like you, have put great effort and when we write on the internet we may seem rude. Anyhow, I just wanted to say great effort, nicely done. I know it is mainly my frustrations and SOLO GAMING.

First of all, thanks for your comment and for playing the map.
Let me see if I understand properly: You expected on-hit effects like for example, Equip: Causes your auto-attacks to deal extra 25 standalone damage., to proc the Paladin passive ability? Well effects that proc on-attack are not actual attacks. So as far as I am concerned, everything here is clear.[/QUOTE]

No, of course it would be imba god-mode but there are some language misinterpretations. I think that's a common thing. Like, how attack, spell, item or various other damages trigger the abilities. Because, in some cases you intentionally stated "attacks and spells"...

[/QUOTE]Let me clear something out: All quests are available and completable. Always. However, Artifact items and 2 of the Legendary items are not acquirable in every game. This is personal design choise that I am going to stick to. I don't want players to find out how to acquire an Artifact item and then "god-mode" their way through the game every time. Acquiring such items should be rare and special. But again, all quests are completable except the one quest that is part of a Legendary item acquisition.[/QUOTE]

Sulfuras' contents can be gathered but some class spesific items and locations are hidden and uncreachable, this caused some confusion "http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/sunken-city-v2-2-1-a-168086/index85.html" post of macelo.

What I would have wanted to know was which quests, items etc. was always completable or not completable etc. and under which circumstances. It would be good if these situations and were stated in the map information. There 15*122 posts which discuss the locations without even knowing if the quest or item is available or not.

The map also says 3-6 hours. Well some people have screenshots with 24 hours still trying to complete.

Some various quests that have not been completed due to various reasons;
- Marn the spirit walker, legend of dawn, phoenix egg : ultrasafe transporter chances are low, 180 seconds cd (cooldown) going to that place is like 1/3 it work + 20 different places = 1/60 chance. 60*180 sec = 3 hours, too much frustration and chance (always completable) (so far I was never successful, at least do not teleport to the same place after all other places have been teleported)
- the armory : you stated that it is a random drop teleport item issue. (not always completable)
- zerash - ghost key : due to elven stone of the moon item (not always completable)
- legend of Jak'ken : only naga heroes (always completable if naga hero is picked)
- master's chamber : need both Ysera's and Nozdormu's (I guess) token (not always completable)
- red ruby : 2 rubies are at certain places (queen sira and gazret) but the 3rd ruby is a random drop (not always completable)
- grunt - for the horde : I saved the grunt but he neither joined me nor the challanged status was updated (neither FAILED nor COMPLETED) (always completable though)

[/QUOTE]I believe you refer to the Divine Armored golems in the end of the game? There are only 2-4 of them, so i wouldn't worry much about it.[/QUOTE]

No, there are many. Even heavy armor guys are kind of annoying. Instead of long monotonous attacking, I would like to see some action (please don't reply heroic because the armor system is the same, too)

[/QUOTE]His "Fury" passive ability states that you don't get a skill point while empowered, but you gain it back when you get empowered once again. So the skill you are missing might have happened at level 18. I'll investigate.[/QUOTE]

- Yes, I know thats why I mentioned since level 12.

- Another note, heroism glyph is a nice idea but when I looked at pros and cons I never intended to use it.

[/QUOTE]"I don't like something" doesn't help me. Explain why and I might consider your opinion, but if you just tell me that you don't like it, I can't do much about it.[/QUOTE]

- I like how the warcraft 3 characters look like hollywood stars :)
- Puzzle : you may also add a puzzle using ropes etc. and these items can be sold at varios merchants.

-save/load is a system created for ORPGs. This is a Dungeon Crawler. What missing items of quests are you talking about anyways?

[/QUOTE]I am having difficulties understanding you here, but I assume that it's difficult for you to teleport away after using Ultrasafe Teleporter. Well, it's pretty easy in multiplayer, but I guess Resurrection Stones are your only choice in singleplayer.[/QUOTE]

After I use ULTRASAFE TRANSPORTER and try to get back, I have to find the last used resurrection stone, but it is not easy to find the last used stone. In previous versions, I could just select 1 stone and teleport back.

Well, that's expected. You are playing solo. Things are a bit different, when you have 2 more hungry teammates with you. :p

[/QUOTE]Please pay attention to the actual item management features that the game offers to you.
You can combine 3 lesser quality items into 1 higher quality item.
You can disenchant items to turn them into stats.
All of that you can do at the Enchantress.

That's partly intentional. I want shop items to be the best (non-Artifact, non-Legendary) items that you can get.

I agree some of them are unsatisfactory, but certainly not all of them. I will work on this.[/QUOTE]

Yeap, I used enchantress only for stats, not for items since I know which items I need and buy them and enchantress gives purple items at best. That's why I forgot. But I also stopped using the enchantress because I might need any random item in a quest (well I know which items I need but I just saved them just in case...)

[/QUOTE]Not all chests are meant to be open.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you said that before but what if the items we need are in these chests? we may not know drop rates but we need some items as i mentioned before.

- By the way about the treasure map : I think its current place is not fitting it. IMHO A treasure map should be where there are pirates :)

I am working on enemy diversity, but Demons and Undead do fit. Follow the lore I have given :p

[/QUOTE]Again, as I have already explained: All quests can be completed in 1 game. Only one of the quests is related to a Legendary item and cannot be completed every time.[/QUOTE]

sulfuras, atiesh, tome of dawn (ultrasafe), phoenix (ultrasafe) are all always completable. I think I don't know the 5th one.

By the way I only know 1 artifact, which needs 2 dragon tokens. Are there any other artifacts?

Cheers :)

Level 1
@9498

Every play-through so far gave me a Nozdormu's Token from the chest inside the place that needs Felric's Key. So that just leaves Ysera's Token which is RNG based, I got it once from the chest near the secret area that gives you King's Blood.

The rubies are actually all obtainable every play-through, the last one is just hidden differently.

And about the grunts, I had the same problem. I realized that if you beat the naga, then free him, what you described will happen (maybe even if you aggro the naga before you free the horde).

Also to complete Mind Trick, kite the boss to the healing stone and get her to use mirror image, the images don't get healed by the stone.

@SpasMaster

Thanks for the reply again, I realized just now too that the orb is sold in the shop, that's a mistake by me.

Idk! Haha my friend said something about next wc3 patch you might make the map significantly larger or something, I don't know the details exactly that's why I'm asking you! :p

The challenge that requires you to kill the fel ravager without breaking more than 3 arcane prison gives only 1 tome of experience, the challenge reward says 3.

Honestly though, really good job on this map.

Level 2
Hi Lucifiere,

I respect the chance approach of the map createor(s) but, I had lots of frustration and it is that I didn't know which quests or secrets are drop chance, ultrasafe transporter or class/character related. I just wanted some issues to be clearer and ultrasafe transporter is really frustrurating. As I said I finish the games completing 95-100% of them.

In short, I wanted maybe NOT AN EXACT WALKTHROUGH but some information to be more explicit. In example, there is a HINT saying some areas are only reachable with NAGA HEROES. There is 1 quest for NAGA HEROES.

- Dragon tokens : I only have Ysera. You were lucky with Nozdormu. But that's not what I mean. My point is this ALWAYS COMPLETABLE or not?
- 3 red rubies : Since it is about luck do we know for sure that it is a 100% drop in each game. Also some boxes may be uncreachable? If it is 100% drop it may be in an unreachable place. My point is this ALWAYS COMPLETABLE or not?
- I freed him before and after I defeated the Naga. Both ways same result about the challange.
- Thanks for the mind trick challenge :).

By the way, I know my approaches are at some point wrong in gaming but I also think a game should not become a frustration..

Level 1
@9498

Trust me, we feel the same way on how the information in this map is very vague. That being said, this game is practically a giant puzzle - that's why when you ask the creator, the most he'll give you is a hint (unless it's something required for actual play-through).

Don't get me wrong, I too would like more specific information in the quest logs, with the justification being that we've already found the item needed for the quest -> give us more specific information on how to complete it (maybe in the same style as the specific hints for crafting the legendaries).

For the Naga Figurine quest, though I did get the figurine from the Ultrasafe Teleporter, I haven't completed that quest and can't help you or answer your questions.

For the dragon token, 2/2 Nozdormu token from the same chest; either I'm extremely lucky, or the drop chance of the token from that chest is boosted, I'd advise you to save in front of it and try opening it a few times.

As I said, all 3 rubies are obtainable in every game. You're correct that it's in a barrel, but it's in the same barrel every time, which in my experience always spawns. This barrel is situated before the last boss in the 4+ zone.

I always let the grunt get the first attack to complete this quest to avoid the bug, it works for me. This does need to be fixed though, it's a minor bug which would affect the egos of a lot of completionists :p.

@SpasMaster

What 3 hero setup can complete Sunken City in its entirety, including all quests? Judging from 9498's response, this would have to include 1 naga, What I'm asking is are there any other heroes with similar utility?

SpasMaster

Level 23
9498 said:
some class spesific items and locations are hidden and uncreachable
All class specific items are accessible by the respective class. If you want to reach the Warlock item, take the Warlock hero and you can easily do it.
9498 said:
What I would have wanted to know was which quests, items etc. was always completable or not completable etc. and under which circumstances.
Ok, let me explain this in very clear manner:
  • Artifact items are not acquireable in every game.
  • Two of the Legendary items might not be acquireabile in every game.
  • Certain Class-specific items can only be reached by the respective class.
  • Areas that seem to be isolated can be reached with Ultrasafe Transporter.
  • The Armory.
That's it. Everything else you can always get in every game.
9498 said:
The map also says 3-6 hours. Well some people have screenshots with 24 hours still trying to complete.
3-6 hours of actual gameplay, not walking around and looking at every corner, trying to find secret stuff.
9498 said:
Some various quests that have not been completed due to various reasons;
- Marn the spirit walker
Legendary-related.
9498 said:
legend of dawn, phoenix egg
Legendary-related.
9498 said:
the armory : you stated that it is a random drop teleport item issue.
Area is optional.
9498 said:
zerash - ghost key
Legendary-related.
9498 said:
legend of Jak'ken
Class specific.
9498 said:
master's chamber
Artifact related.
9498 said:
red ruby : 2 rubies are at certain places (queen sira and gazret) but the 3rd ruby is a random drop (not always completable)
False. All rubies are acquireable every game.
9498 said:
grunt - for the horde : I saved the grunt but he neither joined me nor the challanged status was updated
The issue happens when the Grunt kills the boss. It's a bug. I'll look into it.
9498 said:
By the way I only know 1 artifact, which needs 2 dragon tokens. Are there any other artifacts?
Yes, there are 2 more. One of them can never be acquired.

Lucifiere said:
Haha my friend said something about next wc3 patch you might make the map significantly larger or something, I don't know the details exactly that's why I'm asking you!
Blizzard is preparing a change that will allow maps to exceed the 8mb limit. When that happens, I will make big changes, yes.
Lucifiere said:
The challenge that requires you to kill the fel ravager without breaking more than 3 arcane prison gives only 1 tome of experience, the challenge reward says 3.
I'll clarify that the scrolls you get are equal to the amount of players ingame.
Lucifiere said:
What 3 hero setup can complete Sunken City in its entirety, including all quests? Judging from 9498's response, this would have to include 1 naga, What I'm asking is are there any other heroes with similar utility?
Basically all heroes can complete the game in its entirety. Some classes have some small locations made especially for them. Naga heroes simply have more locations like that.

Level 2
Spoiler alert

@9498

Trust me, we feel the same way on how the information in this map is very vague. That being said, this game is practically a giant puzzle - that's why when you ask the creator, the most he'll give you is a hint (unless it's something required for actual play-through).

Don't get me wrong, I too would like more specific information in the quest logs, with the justification being that we've already found the item needed for the quest -> give us more specific information on how to complete it (maybe in the same style as the specific hints for crafting the legendaries).

That's what I wanted express and hear. The thing is I almost know all the quests now. I forgot how the activate final BOSS KERGALOTH.

For the Naga Figurine quest, though I did get the figurine from the Ultrasafe Teleporter, I haven't completed that quest and can't help you or answer your questions.

Its place is a small island.

As I said, all 3 rubies are obtainable in every game. You're correct that it's in a barrel, but it's in the same barrel every time, which in my experience always spawns. This barrel is situated before the last boss in the 4+ zone.

- I know that their locations are close to gazret and close queen sira in a barrel (near level 4+ final boss), but 3rd ruby is random. Maybe on an island only accessable with naga heroes. But this changes it is always completable to it is always completable with naga or with luck of ultrasafe transporter.

@SpasMaster

Unless these quests and items change each game,
- 1 naga tidewarrior item,
- 1 rogue item,
- 1 warlock item,
- 1 deathlord quest,
- 1 naga quest, (unless ultrasafe transport)

I didn't want to give exact locations and most of my comments are from past comments, but I have checked them myself.

Level 2
Level 6
Yes. But it's not a priority on the list for the time being.

Fair enough. Next logical question - considering new map places?

Edit: Can you give me an advice?
I'm trying to find out which of the present heroes can make it solo through Hell on Heroic. So, any tips in general?

SpasMaster

Level 23
Fair enough. Next logical question - considering new map places?
Yes. :)
Edit: Can you give me an advice?
I'm trying to find out which of the present heroes can make it solo through Hell on Heroic. So, any tips in general?
Ough. Hell Heroic is pretty rough. Summoner heroes should have bigger chance. Try with Warlock.
-Make sure to always use Recall of Stones when possible.
-Always have a health potion with yourself, regardless of your class.
-Focus fire mobs. Prioritize those that deal most damage to your hero/minions.
-A neat trick to quickly move your camera to a res stone is to Ping the res stone and then your camera will always go there when hitting Space.
-Don't hesitate go back to regenerate. Do it as often as it's needed.
-Prioritize Defensive glyphs at the earlier stages of the game.

Level 1
Hey Spas!

Could you give me tips on how to get through the gate that is blocked by a purple aurora force field and water that has what could be a levitating platform it's north of the library and right from the west entrance, I've been playing the game and really enjoying the latest version right now. I'm using Rogar the Death Knight which is my favorite character keep on working on this great game I'm looking forward to playing the next version and continue playing this without this problem stay awesome thanks for making this amazing map.

SpasMaster

Level 23
Spectral leggins and the passive skill of evasion of MONK work togheter or not? xD and the miss of viper?
Yes, they do. Type in "-stats" when you have questions like that.
So did you find out what causes the bug with the demon hunter ultimate not giving the bonus stats?
Yes, changes are coming.
Could you give me tips on how to get through the gate that is blocked by a purple aurora force field and water that has what could be a levitating platform it's north of the library and right from the west entrance
There are Obelisks right behind the Bel'shan boss. They will temporarily open the door for you.