• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sunken City v2.5.0

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
full

full

Powered by Bribe's Damage Engine
[Hosted Project Page | Forum]

INFORMATION

CHANGELOG

FEATURES

SCREENSHOTS

TRAILER

HEROES

CREDITS

INFORMATION
Sunken City is a Dungeon Crawler map with RPG elements. The Player controls a hero and has to over come numerous puzzles, traps, quests, enemies and different bosses to reach the end. The game contains multiple different features that allow for advanced hero customization.

Recommended Players: Soloing is possible, but for better experience play with 2 or 3 players.
Gameplay Time: Between 3 and 6 hours depending on number of players and difficulty.
Amount of Heroes: 21
Maximum Level: 18

EasyNormalHardHellInsane
Enemy Handicap
100%
120%
150%
185%
230%
Enemy Bonus Damage
0%
30%
80%
130%
170%
Enemy Bonus Armor
Enemy Bonus Attack Speed
0%
15%
25%
35%
40%

EasyNormalHardHellInsane
Bonus Gold per Kill
Bonus XP
0%
0%
1%
3%
5%
Bonus Drop Chances
0%
10%
15%
20%
30%
Starting Gold

CHANGELOG

186388-albums6607-picture72240.png
Version 2.5.0. [08.03.2024]
Come and play with us in our Discord server! Join here.

General Changes
  • Tooltip fixes.
  • Minor terrain changes.
  • Mastery and Potency values now additionally update periodically during combat in addition to the on-spellcast update.
  • Reset Talents now correctly has a cooldown of 60 seconds instead of 100.
  • The <-stats> command has been removed as stacking info is now available through the UI elements.
  • Base cooldown of abilities in tooltips is now displayed past the decimal point.
  • Fixed a bug where Hunter and Tidewarrior could not be chosen through random hero selection.
  • Fixed a bug where Hero Status Bars, DPS Meter and Hero Custom Resource UI elements were not working.
  • Fixed a bug where flat damage reduction effects could completely negate some of the damage dealt by Nightmares.
  • Fixed a bug where music would stop playing after loading the game.
  • Fixed the Loading Screen to no longer have its text covered by the Loading Bar, which was moved in a recent Warcraft 3 patch.

Classes
full
Death Knight
  • Fixed a bug where the Breath of Sindragosa Talent could also damage allies.
  • Fixed a bug where the Decomposition Talent was increasing the damage of Plaguebearer's effect by more than intended.
full
Hunter
  • Fixed a bug where Grylls gained 10% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Huffer gained 5% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Spike gained 30% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
full
Necromancer
  • Fixed a bug where the Life from Death Talent had incorrect chance for Skeletal minions to drop Blood Globes.
full
Paladin
  • Fixed a bug where Ardent Defender's increased Healing taken was not working properly.
full
Priest
  • Fixed a bug where Void Rift could move Demon Portals.
full
Tidewarrior
  • Fixed a bug where Tidal Strike would not gain increased damage while above 25% Critical Strike chance.
  • Fixed a bug where Tidal Strike's visual effect would occasionally appear on the wrong target.
  • Fixed a bug where the Myrmidon effect of Tail Slam could increase non-attack damage.
  • Fixed a bug where the Storm Trident Talent was not working.
full
Tinker
  • Inventor's Demolitions effect can now heal the Tinker while below 40% health up from 35%.
  • Fixed a bug where the Critical Strike provided by the Target Locking Talent was not working.
  • Fixed a bug where the Ion Grenade Talent was not doubling the mana scaling it adds when Throw Betty is Upgraded.
  • Fixed a bug where Upgraded Throw Betty would never stun.
full
Windmaster
  • Now has the correct Attribute Bonus ability.
full
Witch Doctor
  • Fixed a bug where the Spiritual Touch Talent's effect for Ancient Ward did not apply on Heroes.

Items
186388-albums6307-picture71865.jpg
Items

• Skyfeather Crown will now only allow spellcasts to empower the attacks of the Spirit of Aviana if the Spirit is already summoned.
  • Spellbreaker Shield should no longer appear under the Mana Regeneration shop Category.
  • Fixed a bug where Forbidden Seal would occasionally grant more Talent Slots than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Saberclaws was not working.
  • Fixed a bug where Chemical Armor was granting more Health Regeneration (Stat) than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Staff of Idrassil would also apply its buff on summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Eye of Discord's AoE effect would not trigger for attacks against non-hero units.
  • Fixed a bug where Sanguine Gaze was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Spiked Chains was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Topaz Amulet was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Embrace of the Hawk's Equip effect was not working.

Archives

FEATURES
  • Diverse Heroes: The 21 heroes in Sunken City possess different custom skills which are well presented in detailed tooltips.
  • Backpack System: In case your inventory is full, you are given a backpack with additional 6 slots where you can carry quest items or unused items for selling.
  • Stat System: Each level you are given the possibility to access the Skill Poitns Menu and gain access to secondary stats (non-Strength, Agility, Intelligence).
  • Item Interaction Systems: Sunken City gives the option to Disenchant items for stats or to Reforge unused lesser items to create better ones.
  • Chest System: There are many Chests scattered around the Sunken City. Opening them rewards you with a random item!
  • Quests: Embark quests that give you side objectives throughout the game!
  • Challenges: Complete difficult optional challenges for additional rewards.
  • Shop System: A simple and intuitive shop system makes it easier for players to navigate and purchase some of the many Sunken City shop items.
  • Rolling: Sunken City allows you to roll for items that suit everyone. Therefore you can avoid stealing.
  • Damage and Armor: Sunken City's gameplay is based around damaging the best target. By mouse-overing your damage and armor you will easiliy understand what's your best target!
  • Gold System: Players in Sunken City share the Gold gained by killing creeps!
  • Randomized Items: Each creature you kill has a chance of dropping one of the hundreds of items, contained in a scripted loot-table. In addition bosses have multiple drops, which add to the replayability.
  • Glyph System: A system that allows your hero to pick a combination of various Glyphs which add passive effects to your hero.
  • Talent System: Each hero has unique set of Talents that can amplify, modify, add or replace the existing hero abilities.

SCREENSHOTS

TRAILER

HEROES

Intelligence HeroesStrength HeroesAgility Heroes

Shaman [1]
Druid [2]
Priest [3]
Mage [4]
Necromancer [5]
Warlock [6]
Witch Doctor [7]
Warrior [1]
Paladin [2]
Death Knight [3]
Monk [4]
Tidewarrior [5]
Dragon Sentinel [6]
Tinker [7]
Rogue [1]
Hunter [2]
Feral Druid [3]
Windmaster [4]
Berserker [5]
Demon Hunter [6]
Siren [7]

CREDITS

I would like to thank the following people:
Note:
There are many more resources that I used, but I can't find their creators. If you see your resource used in my map, please tell me and I will add you here.

Contents

Sunken City v2.5.0 (Map)

Reviews
Moderator: -Kobas- Contact: Visitor Message / Private Message! Date: 24-Dec-13 (14:27:40)Personal Comment:One of the most polished maps, of its type, that I had a chance to play. Beautiful terrain, nice story, well customized heroes and enemies...
Level 2
How to open the gate to Feric's Throne, I've been searching for the whole day T.T

EDIT: I managed to enter inside the gate without opening it lol, by summoning a unit inside and use the Resurrection Stone inside to teleport to it

EDIT 2: nvm I found the torch :) (after defeating the final boss)

Last edited:
Level 35
Holy hell :smile:. I had two maps on my radar to test at some point. This and Gaias Retaliation. I played the Gaia one first, and was somewhat disappointed by several lacking gameplay elements (combat, the gameplay loop and so forth) and plenty of missing tooltips. And then I didn't like the lack of any attention to single player. Cue me starting up this map. I was blown away, just about everything I felt was lacking from Gaias, you managed to do in the first 1 minute of the game. There is proper introductions, there is use of colored text for clarity, there is visual feedback, a very adjustable difficulty level, checking for single player, a nice cheat prevention system (I always check). Holy shit is it good.. also damn is it hard (maybe because I picked heroic :grin:, those almost infinite snakes are damn hard to manage). Still this is so epic, and I am looking forward to playing it more. I am now going to go recommend the creator of Gaia to take some cues from you. :thumbs_up:

Damn fine work.

Last edited:
Level 1
hi spas, im already play ur map. and great!!
can i ask something? in a dungeon lvl 9 so hard to finish that dungeon -_- of course with my friend offline use LAN.
and how to get thori'dal (legendary agi items) in power generator? ._.

well im appreciate it ur map. awesome

*bad english sorry ehe:grin::grin:

edited: legendary agi item solved!! forget to read that book ehe ._.

Last edited:

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
Holy hell :smile:. I had two maps on my radar to test at some point. This and Gaias Retaliation. I played the Gaia one first, and was somewhat disappointed by several lacking gameplay elements (combat, the gameplay loop and so forth) and plenty of missing tooltips. And then I didn't like the lack of any attention to single player. Cue me starting up this map. I was blown away, just about everything I felt was lacking from Gaias, you managed to do in the first 1 minutes of the game. There is proper introductions, there is use of colored text for clarity, there is visual feedback, a very adjustable difficulty level, checking for single player, a nice cheat prevention system (I always check). Holy shit is it good.. also damn is it hard (maybe because I picked heroic :grin:, those almost infinite snakes are damn hard to manage). Still this is so epic, and I am looking forward to playing it more. I am now going to go recommend the creator of Gaia to take some cues from you. :thumbs_up:

Damn fine work.
Thank you for the kind words.
Yes, Heroic is not really meant for Singleplayer. It adds an extra layer of difficulty. In general you can solo the game, I made sure you can do that. However, it's designed to be a team game. A co-op adventure. So you may find some things or puzzles that may be difficult to deal with in singleplayer. Nothing unmanageable in singleplayer though. Just take a lower difficulty and you should be all fine. :)
Hehe, I bet Gaias is superior when it comes to coding, since Sunken City is fully GUI. :)

Last edited:
Level 2
- Am I doing it wrong or Necromancer's summon skeleton sometimes fail to summon anything?

- The skeleton that asks for blood doesn't show the text 'Give me blood' (I know he asks for blood from a walkthrough video)

- The rolling stone near Feric's Throne doesn't open even though a text saying the gate is opened popped out

- Twice when I press ESC during fighting the final boss, the game crashes

- I think it's better if the rune that is not in the first order not light up when activated first (moon runes), instead of having to try all 25 combinations of the first two order

- I don't understand the lever system, sometimes it goes up n down by itself without using the lever

- Resurrection stone that is not yet visited by heroes shouldn't be useable, else you can simply use a summon to get to the resurrection stone and teleport to it

- Other classes items should be allowed to be taken but not used, instead of can't be taken at all

- I love the item Soul Box that summons a faceless one, however when I select him in a group, he will be prioritized instead of my hero, pretty annoying

Last edited:

SpasMaster

Level 23
- Am I doing it wrong or Necromancer's summon skeleton sometimes fail to summon anything?
Are you playing v2.1.6? This bug was fixed in 2.1.7. :)

- The skeleton that asks for blood doesn't show the text 'Give me blood' (I know he asks for blood from a walkthrough video)
Enable subtitles from the game options.

- The rolling stone near Feric's Throne doesn't open even though a text saying the gate is opened popped out
The Rolling Stone Gate should never open. I dunno which message you got, but it is for a different door.

- Twice when I press ESC during fighting the final boss, the game crashes
Crashes are hard to identify. Let me ask some questions: did you put stat points only in 1 stat? If yes, in which one. Does it happen when you press ESC, or when you click a stat? Sending me a crash log might help.

- I think it's better if the rune that is not in the first order not light up when activated first (moon runes), instead of having to try all 25 combinations of the first two order
I'll rework that puzzle soon. :)

- I don't understand the lever system, sometimes it goes up n down by itself without using the lever
Stepping on the Elevators automatically moves the Elevator - you don't need to hit the levers at all. They are there only to "call" the elevator if it's not on your level.

- Resurrection stone that is not yet visited by heroes shouldn't be useable, else you can simply use a summon to get to the resurrection stone and teleport to it
I'll try to fix that.

- Other classes items should be allowed to be taken but not used, instead of can't be taken at all
No. I don't want you to sell those.

- I love the item Soul Box that summons a faceless one, however when I select him in a group, he will be prioritized instead of my hero, pretty annoying
I'll fix that.

Oh yea, I am certain. It has a damn good foundation, it just needs some more things in the game design department to be a great map. Also I'll likely make some further comments once I get the time to get more into the map.
Great. :)

Level 4
Omg this project still is going ? ok so might come back to garena if people are playing this game :D btw where is the link to the heros ?? i cant find the link or at least a picture of them to see what awaits me if i click on this or this hero :/

Level 2
Are you playing v2.1.6? This bug was fixed in 2.1.7. :)
Oh I didn't realized there's an update, silly me :D

The Rolling Stone Gate should never open. I dunno which message you got, but it is for a different door.
I'll try to get a screenshot next time, perhaps it was a bug

Crashes are hard to identify. Let me ask some questions: did you put stat points only in 1 stat? If yes, in which one. Does it happen when you press ESC, or when you click a stat? Sending me a crash log might help.
At first I put only in mana regen, then at some point I put some in HP/Damage. The crash happens after I click the stat. How do I get the crash log?

No. I don't want you to sell those.
Ok, what if you don't allow it to be sold like a quest item?

SpasMaster

Level 23
I'll try to get a screenshot next time, perhaps it was a bug
That will be most helpful.
At first I put only in mana regen, then at some point I put some in HP/Damage. The crash happens after I click the stat. How do I get the crash log?
The crash logs are stored in your Warcraft folders. Also, which stat did you click that caused the crash?
Ok, what if you don't allow it to be sold like a quest item?
1) What good would it be for you to pick it up if you can't sell it, reforge it or use it?
2) I want the classes who can pick up the item to be able to sell it.

Level 2
Back with more bugs :)

- In multiplayer, the game can only be saved once, intentional?

- Now Warlock's E also sometimes fail to summon

- The other 2 Scroll of Experience from completing Prison Break Quest spawns near Apotchery Haris (not 100% sure)
154907-albums8746-picture106540.png

- The gate right to Feric's Throne still says it's broken even after it's opened
154907-albums8746-picture106541.png

- The rolling door that I was talking about
154907-albums8746-picture106542.png

- Just some minor typo
154907-albums8746-picture106543.png

154907-albums8746-picture106544.png

Level 1
wELL.gREAT aS aLWAYS.oF cOURSE I aM NOT gOOD aT fINDING bUGS (Like Our Friend ez_mystery)
xD But Of Course I Found Everything In This Map :( (eXEPT 1 :( tHE rED iTEM fROM gAR'tHOK(iF I sPELLED iT rIGHT ))
lIKE aNYONE eLSE
jUST wANNA sAY tHAT wAS gREAT
gL wITH oTTHER vERSION sPAS

Level 35
So, got around to playing more (on easy this time). I really enjoyed the necromancers solo ability (for instance: scouting behind locked doors, activating traps and events before they should, using the summons on door activators, to have them permanently activated). Anyway, as far as I can judge I have now reached a point where I can't actually progress solo, one door seems to require some form of fire (3 torches are next to it), one doors talks about gems, yet I cannot see any. And finally the vault. Where I just miss something :grin:

Still it was some good fun, and found most of what I needed for the to finish. I basically only needed to reforge the item.

Some comments as to what I felt was lacking: A description of what chests and their purpose is. There is so many located around the map, and yet I only in the last 4 hours of play came across a key. Hence before that the chest was just objects I could clearly interact with, but had no way of using and couldn't find a single explanation as to their usage. That was somewhat confusing, to a point that I began to consider if they were just decoration. Finally I must also admit being somewhat disappointed by the chest I finally opened, not in the sense that the item was useless to me, but because when I saw it open filled with gold, I kinda expected to find some gold as well, not just an item drop - which I at that point wouldn't need given the pure rare outfit I had.

Also while on the subject: the teleport devices is also something unexplained. It seems to be that the only thing they do is always teleport to the area with the tree, or directly back to one you just entered, but it is never explained. Basically I would just remove them in favor of my stone suggestion or use them only for secret stuff :p

Also the seeds should really stack. I know you might not have done so due to the setup for the exchange with the centaur, but they take up way too much space. Also given how frequent they are, I believe I also find them overpriced at the 3 rare resources (wood) and the exchange rate, its just a terrible deal. I got a better item for 90 gold at the alter.

Finally I suggest that you make it so you are able to use each revive stone as a teleport. Just like you can always teleport to the initial revive stone, you should allow the same (have ward or something spawn when it is discovered, to give access without ruining the activate stone system). This would remove much boring backtracking and would still work with the stone activating.

I like the quests, but I don't really like the rewards. It feels odd to constantly have the return the item you just gave them, back to you. In a way it doesn't feel right, as they don't gain anything and I feel slightly like I didn't earn/do anything. Its like a blacksmith quest, where he rewards you with an item made from something you gained to him, but in that case the blacksmith would usually have gotten more than one item or something like it, for the reward to make sense.

Oh yea, a final thing: The trap/puzzle with the two levers, where I assume one of the levers would activate the siege golem, it is a shame that if one hits the correct lever first, the other deactivates, I would have liked to be able to fight the golem as well.

SpasMaster

Level 23
Anyway, as far as I can judge I have now reached a point where I can't actually progress solo, one door seems to require some form of fire (3 torches are next to it)
The 3 braziers are lit by a torch that you can find infront of the Skeleton Tomb Dungeon.

Some comments as to what I felt was lacking: A description of what chests and their purpose is. There is so many located around the map, and yet I only in the last 4 hours of play came across a key. Hence before that the chest was just objects I could clearly interact with, but had no way of using and couldn't find a single explanation as to their usage. That was somewhat confusing, to a point that I began to consider if they were just decoration.
I mean, I could make a message appear when you approach a chest that would say that you need a key for it... or just rename the Chest to 'Locked Chest' - that way it will be suggested you need a key for it.
In general I like to give detailed explanations to game systems, commands, spells, etc.. but not to puzzles/ingame objects. I like the mystery. I like when the player goes: "I wonder how I should open this?"
Finally I must also admit being somewhat disappointed by the chest I finally opened, not in the sense that the item was useless to me, but because when I saw it open filled with gold, I kinda expected to find some gold as well, not just an item drop - which I at that point wouldn't need given the pure rare outfit I had.
Yeah, I understand. Keep in mind that with more players you play on higher difficulties and therefore have higher drop chances => more keys. The reward has chance to be either Uncommon/Rare/Epic item. I'd like to keep it that way instead of having a guaranteed high quality item, because that way with higher Magic Find, you'd suddenly gear up in no time. On top of that, each item is somehow useful here. You can either sell it for gold, disenchant it for stats or reforge it into a higher quality item. There is always something you gain from items. I understand your point though. You waited so long for a key and when you finally got it, you get an average item from it. I can guarantee that in higher difficulties with more players you get keys more often and that makes it a different experience.

Also while on the subject: the teleport devices is also something unexplained. It seems to be that the only thing they do is always teleport to the area with the tree, or directly back to one you just entered, but it is never explained. Basically I would just remove them in favor of my stone suggestion or use them only for secret stuff :p
I am not sure what should be explained here. They are created to get you back to that "tree area" which indirectly makes it your 'base' or 'home' if you like to put it that way. I think that becomes pretty clear once you encounter your second teleport.
How would you like that explained, I am not sure I understand? A message to appear when you enter the portal to tell you something that is already obvious on the screen?
Hmm, maybe a quest or NPC should tell you what the portals are for, that could work I believe.

Also the seeds should really stack. I know you might not have done so due to the setup for the exchange with the centaur, but they take up way too much space.
Just drop them in the 'home area' that you can always teleport to. :)
You can only use them within that area anyways, you don't need to carry them anywhere with you.

Also given how frequent they are, I believe I also find them overpriced at the 3 rare resources (wood) and the exchange rate, its just a terrible deal. I got a better item for 90 gold at the alter.
Believe it or not, they are less rare than Chest Keys. :p
RNG was not with you that day, I guess.
About their price: Within the shop, Shadow Crystal Epic quality items cost 1500 gold and 5 Shadow Crystals (SCs). Assuming that 1 Seed drops for you and you purchase 2 more for 6 SCs you have an Epic quality item for just 6 Crystals.

Finally I suggest that you make it so you are able to use each revive stone as a teleport. Just like you can always teleport to the initial revive stone, you should allow the same (have ward or something spawn when it is discovered, to give access without ruining the activate stone system). This would remove much boring backtracking and would still work with the stone activating.
I believe you mostly see the Res Stone 'Recall' ability as a tool to save running time. It's usage to save you from death is also a huge deal. If suddenly all stones you've reached so far can Recall you, that becomes an issue.

I like the quests, but I don't really like the rewards. It feels odd to constantly have the return the item you just gave them, back to you. In a way it doesn't feel right, as they don't gain anything and I feel slightly like I didn't earn/do anything. Its like a blacksmith quest, where he rewards you with an item made from something you gained to him, but in that case the blacksmith would usually have gotten more than one item or something like it, for the reward to make sense.
Fair point. I'll see what can be done in the future. :)

Oh yea, a final thing: The trap/puzzle with the two levers, where I assume one of the levers would activate the siege golem, it is a shame that if one hits the correct lever first, the other deactivates, I would have liked to be able to fight the golem as well.
RNG is a big deal in this map and exists to provide as much replayability as possible. As far as I am concerned, after reading this comment, my design goals are achieved. You now want to see the other outcome. I am trying to have each time you play to be as different from the previous as possible. Next time you play and you reach that area you may experience another outcome.

Here is the thing. I have to choose between two possible design goals:
  • Consistency, where you can experience everything. Each puzzle and area would be 100% solvable. There would be no questions left and everything should be clear. This may be more satisfying and less.. "annoying" the first time, but imagine the following scenario:
    -You come across the 2 levers.
    -You hit the first lever and get the item.
    -You hit the second lever and beat the golem.
    So, the next time you play you have nothing to surprise you. Nothing to expect. Having guaranteed events decreases the lifespan of the map.
  • Randomness, where even after you reach the end, there are events, puzzles and other things left unseen or unanswered. Imagine the scenario where you go into a puzzle area and get a totally different outcome from the last time you played. It's unexpected. Based on my experience, people get surprised and are caught off-guard. And that's precisely the goal.
I realise that for some might prefer the first option, where they want to play once and complete the map on 100%.
It really is a situation of: Do I want to satisfy players who play the map once and want to see everything at their first game? OR Do I want to make the map entertaining for people that have already completed it once?

I'd (obviously) choose the second without any doubt. :)
Thanks for your comment!

Level 35
Believe it or not, they are less rare than Chest Keys. :p
RNG was not with you that day, I guess.
-snip-
I believe you mostly see the Res Stone 'Recall' ability as a tool to save running time. It's usage to save you from death is also a huge deal. If suddenly all stones you've reached so far can Recall you, that becomes an issue.

Ah I see with the RNG being scaled for players as well. Nice. I got 15 seeds and one key :grin: Oh and a shit ton of items from the altar (I bought the altar always favor item)

Anyway thanks a lot for the replies - and yea I believe locked chest as name would explain it.

Also I agree with you fully on the random for replayability. It was just that tasty locking golem right next to me that I couldn't attack :cool:

Level 1
Hi There!

I just finished this map with my third character and played over 50+ hours. First things first a huge THANKS to the creator(s). I had tremendous fun and I still discovered new things with the third hero I picked. Let's be fair as well, I suffered a lot! Man this damn moon sign to open the gate... I spent HOURS to find that damn thing!

I might try it one more time with an increased difficulty!

However I would like to try my chance like the others and ask a couple of questions before starting over. I have already discovered most of the "mainstrean" secrets :
- The 3 standard legendary items (I almost killed myself to find that damn charging stone!!).
- The phoenix armor (amazing skin btw o_O).
- The imperial ruby.
- The scepter of the queen.

However a lot of questions remained! I know you won't give me direct answers but even very tiny hints would be much appreciated ;)

1) The ghost key
Yes, I know it's a big deal. I have read most of the tones of comments in the thread around it. My guess is that this key opens the magical pen which leads to the area with Marn. I also think that the circle of power in this area will TP to the book The legend of dawn which I could not reach so far even with the ultrasafe teleporter.

As you mentioned before the ghost key requires the acquisition of random items. So my question is about the only two RELIC I did find any use for so far:
- Rod of King Feric
- Skull of Gaskal
Is any of these items of any use??

2) The Dragon Tokens
So far I got 1 Nozdormu token with my naga queen and 2 Ysera tokens with my dragon knight. So my guess is that there are random loots and that one needs the 5 different tokens to unlock one of the 2 master's door. Am I right with this?

3) The botanic bowl
I know where to fill it. I still didn't find where to use it. Someone suggested to use it on one the locations you got teleport by the ultrasafe teleport. I tried them all! I thought the place with the phoenix egg would be the right one but no. I still have no idea where to use it. Is it still scripted?

A last question: there are 3 areas stroke by thunder. Would it trigger anything if 3 players were to step in at the same time? I only played in solo so I never could try this...

Thanks again for the time and energy you put in that map =)

Level 1
On 2.1.7 the Skull Split ability didnt grant experience upon executing an enemy. Found myself pretty underleveled from executing all the bosses. Was that fixed as well?

Level 1
Discovered a bug: Got the Agility legendary item, whilst already having the phoenix sigil in my inventory; Got the message you can only carry 1 legendary item and the Agility Legendary item (the bow) Evaporated, in no hero or backpack inventory - and not back behind the electrical grid :/

Level 2
I don't play since the 2.0.# and the updates are amazing! xD you touch the sky $pa!
Btw, "Living Wand" use Mantle of inteligence, that isn't in intelligence shop. (and don't work with others items.)
Hotkeys F y T of Mage don't work

SpasMaster

Level 23
Also something I forgot, the rune that added a special ability to one of your existing abilities, didn't see any effect from it.
You took the Heroism Glyph on which hero?
Also the explosive flesh rune is clearly the best damage rune.
It's only good on heroes with a lot of damage instances.
Discovered a bug: Got the Agility legendary item, whilst already having the phoenix sigil in my inventory; Got the message you can only carry 1 legendary item and the Agility Legendary item (the bow) Evaporated, in no hero or backpack inventory - and not back behind the electrical grid :/
The issue will be fixed in 2.1.9.
Btw, "Living Wand" use Mantle of inteligence, that isn't in intelligence shop. (and don't work with others items.)
The issue will be fixed in 2.1.9.
Hotkeys F y T of Mage don't work
They work, but you have a non-English client and that messes with them.

Level 2
Why make the map unplayable with less than three players?

Hey, big fan of sunken city, really enjoy the map, my friend and I have played through multiple versions and loved every second of it. But why in more recent versions have you made it impossible to play through with less than a party of three? I would be super appreciative if you could somehow make it possible to play through the map with less than three people again, so that my friend and I can finally enjoy all of your wonderful improvements.

Thank you for consideration.

SpasMaster

Level 23
why in more recent versions have you made it impossible to play through with less than a party of three?
I have not made changes that made the game unplayable with less than 3 players. Just the opposite, I have continuously made puzzles completable with 1 or 2 players. And in terms of difficulty I am not messing with Easy and Normal difficulties.

I am not sure if you are talking about game difficulty or puzzles. Whichever it is, both are achievable.
-If you are talking about puzzles I can assure you that you can complete the map both solo and with 1 friend.
-If you are talking about difficulty, I've recently seen 2 players beat the game on Insane Heroic (the highest possible difficulty and mode), so I am sure you 2 can manage on Easy.

Level 3
Hi there,

i am enjoying the Game with 2 Friends, however we reached a Point in the Game where we just don't know wha to do/what we miss. I was hoping that some1 can Help us.

We are currently in the bottom left part of the map, we already did beat the Abomination on the Graveyard and the Divine Golem. We have no Clue how to open up the Magical Pen(if it is needed to go farther) or how to open the 2 Beams in front of the Huge door. I made a Screenshot with the Beams i meant.

2j0jcc2.jpg

and as you can see on the Screenshot, the 4th Item(i forgot the Name) is a bit bugged. Whenever you are hit, it has a chance to spawn a Meteor to do 100 DMG, that part is fine. However it stops the Hit from the Enemy, resulting in it "trying to hit again" just to trigger the Effect again. Sometimes the Enemies show their Hit animation 5-10 times without even hitting(got no DMG, i checked that).

Greetings AcE

Last edited:
Level 2
Is heroic on insane difficulty just forcing me to stay afk and using 1 skill on start area ?
Just f.e. I like playing mage, but if I use fire bomb or frost circle, with a bit of "luck" I just practically one shot myself (ghost spawn + return from every mob in aoe).
So I just have to stay afk in all earlygame using only my heal to not die from random ? Is that your idea about it ?

Level 1
Eh, cannot pick lives for Insane - get auto-set to 5, i must say this is really disappointing, as the 2 players i usually play with and i are able to stomp hell mode in the late game, but the early game is challenging - I get that its not an elitist way to think but i liked the ability to set your early game to different difficulty then the rest of it on the basis of lives you start with :/

SpasMaster

Level 23
Is heroic on insane difficulty just forcing me to stay afk and using 1 skill on start area ?
Just f.e. I like playing mage, but if I use fire bomb or frost circle, with a bit of "luck" I just practically one shot myself (ghost spawn + return from every mob in aoe).
So I just have to stay afk in all earlygame using only my heal to not die from random ? Is that your idea about it ?
My idea about it is for you to invest in defense. Where do you spend your ESC points? What items do you get? What are your glyphs? You know you can't just go "Glass Cannon" in Insane Heroic.
Hi there,

i am enjoying the Game with 2 Friends, however we reached a Point in the Game where we just don't know wha to do/what we miss. I was hoping that some1 can Help us.

We are currently in the bottom left part of the map, we already did beat the Abomination on the Graveyard and the Divine Golem. We have no Clue how to open up the Magical Pen(if it is needed to go farther) or how to open the 2 Beams in front of the Huge door. I made a Screenshot with the Beams i meant.
You need to activate the Obelisks at the Divine Golem location.
Eh, cannot pick lives for Insane - get auto-set to 5, i must say this is really disappointing, as the 2 players i usually play with and i are able to stomp hell mode in the late game, but the early game is challenging - I get that its not an elitist way to think but i liked the ability to set your early game to different difficulty then the rest of it on the basis of lives you start with :/
Sorry, but fixed lives are what makes Insane most challenging and I don't intend to change that. Mostly because I've seen people manage Insane so many times. Sometimes without even dying once.

Level 2
So your suggestion to me is to spend on first lvls ESC on hp, take *which glyphs will help me live through oneshoting me on mage by my abilities rofl* and buy items for hp ? So then I won't be able to cast my spells if I want to heal coz I will have no mana to sustain, and nothing changes :thumbs_up:
I'm talking about how random is usage aoe abilities on heroes with low hp pull like mage cause every mob can return me it, and your suggestion is about the same but in different way

SpasMaster

Level 23
So your suggestion to me is to spend on first lvls ESC on hp, take *which glyphs will help me live through oneshoting me on mage by my abilities rofl* and buy items for hp ? So then I won't be able to cast my spells if I want to heal coz I will have no mana to sustain, and nothing changes :thumbs_up:
I'm complaining about how random is usage aoe abilities on heroes with low hp pull like mage cause every mob can return me it, and your suggestion is about the same but in different way
I may reduce the reflected damage, but don't expect to just skip defensive measures on higher difficulty. And don't tell me that 1 item/1 glyph or ESC points will make you unable to sustain, please. Dampening Glyph reduces incoming spell damage by 20%. Still, as I said, I'll reduce the reflected damage simply because I did not adjust it to the recent scaling increases.

Level 2
How do I know about the type of reflect damage ? I suggested its like in dota (pure), but do you really think that one esc stat make me durable enough ? This is problem with aoe abilities only, so f.e. I cast fire bomb on 4 or more units, everyone reflect it on me, on lvl 1-2 my dmg from bomb is like 100, I would probably survive it if 4 units and with glyph you mentioned, but if it spawn more this snakes, and RNG decide so, I die for just casting my skill, not much fun enough.
I would suggest just decrease damage return on aoe abilities for how much units it return (like 1 unit = as now, 2 = 90% or like that, you sure do better than me, maybe even only for like first 5 lvls of your hero, and then full). Thanks for attention

Level 3
as you can see on the Screenshot, the 4th Item(i forgot the Name) is a bit bugged. Whenever you are hit, it has a chance to spawn a Meteor to do 100 DMG, that part is fine. However it stops the Hit from the Enemy, resulting in it "trying to hit again" just to trigger the Effect again. Sometimes the Enemies show their Hit animation 5-10 times without even hitting(got no DMG, i checked that).

2j0jcc2.jpg

Greetings AcE

dont know if you saw that, because you didnt comment on thtat

Last edited:
Level 1
hey SpasMaster, you should check quest "The ancient marking".
When I bring Tribal Stone back to Orc Witch Doctor (i already active quest), nothing happen.
But when I bring that stone to him (not active yet), quest complete.
If i were you, i will re-check condition part of that trigger :D :D :D
(sr for my bad E)