• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sunken City v2.5.0

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
full

full

Powered by Bribe's Damage Engine
[Hosted Project Page | Forum]

INFORMATION

CHANGELOG

FEATURES

SCREENSHOTS

TRAILER

HEROES

CREDITS

INFORMATION
Sunken City is a Dungeon Crawler map with RPG elements. The Player controls a hero and has to over come numerous puzzles, traps, quests, enemies and different bosses to reach the end. The game contains multiple different features that allow for advanced hero customization.

Recommended Players: Soloing is possible, but for better experience play with 2 or 3 players.
Gameplay Time: Between 3 and 6 hours depending on number of players and difficulty.
Amount of Heroes: 21
Maximum Level: 18

EasyNormalHardHellInsane
Enemy Handicap
100%
120%
150%
185%
230%
Enemy Bonus Damage
0%
30%
80%
130%
170%
Enemy Bonus Armor
Enemy Bonus Attack Speed
0%
15%
25%
35%
40%

EasyNormalHardHellInsane
Bonus Gold per Kill
Bonus XP
0%
0%
1%
3%
5%
Bonus Drop Chances
0%
10%
15%
20%
30%
Starting Gold

CHANGELOG

186388-albums6607-picture72240.png
Version 2.5.0. [08.03.2024]
Come and play with us in our Discord server! Join here.

General Changes
  • Tooltip fixes.
  • Minor terrain changes.
  • Mastery and Potency values now additionally update periodically during combat in addition to the on-spellcast update.
  • Reset Talents now correctly has a cooldown of 60 seconds instead of 100.
  • The <-stats> command has been removed as stacking info is now available through the UI elements.
  • Base cooldown of abilities in tooltips is now displayed past the decimal point.
  • Fixed a bug where Hunter and Tidewarrior could not be chosen through random hero selection.
  • Fixed a bug where Hero Status Bars, DPS Meter and Hero Custom Resource UI elements were not working.
  • Fixed a bug where flat damage reduction effects could completely negate some of the damage dealt by Nightmares.
  • Fixed a bug where music would stop playing after loading the game.
  • Fixed the Loading Screen to no longer have its text covered by the Loading Bar, which was moved in a recent Warcraft 3 patch.

Classes
full
Death Knight
  • Fixed a bug where the Breath of Sindragosa Talent could also damage allies.
  • Fixed a bug where the Decomposition Talent was increasing the damage of Plaguebearer's effect by more than intended.
full
Hunter
  • Fixed a bug where Grylls gained 10% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Huffer gained 5% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Spike gained 30% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
full
Necromancer
  • Fixed a bug where the Life from Death Talent had incorrect chance for Skeletal minions to drop Blood Globes.
full
Paladin
  • Fixed a bug where Ardent Defender's increased Healing taken was not working properly.
full
Priest
  • Fixed a bug where Void Rift could move Demon Portals.
full
Tidewarrior
  • Fixed a bug where Tidal Strike would not gain increased damage while above 25% Critical Strike chance.
  • Fixed a bug where Tidal Strike's visual effect would occasionally appear on the wrong target.
  • Fixed a bug where the Myrmidon effect of Tail Slam could increase non-attack damage.
  • Fixed a bug where the Storm Trident Talent was not working.
full
Tinker
  • Inventor's Demolitions effect can now heal the Tinker while below 40% health up from 35%.
  • Fixed a bug where the Critical Strike provided by the Target Locking Talent was not working.
  • Fixed a bug where the Ion Grenade Talent was not doubling the mana scaling it adds when Throw Betty is Upgraded.
  • Fixed a bug where Upgraded Throw Betty would never stun.
full
Windmaster
  • Now has the correct Attribute Bonus ability.
full
Witch Doctor
  • Fixed a bug where the Spiritual Touch Talent's effect for Ancient Ward did not apply on Heroes.

Items
186388-albums6307-picture71865.jpg
Items

• Skyfeather Crown will now only allow spellcasts to empower the attacks of the Spirit of Aviana if the Spirit is already summoned.
  • Spellbreaker Shield should no longer appear under the Mana Regeneration shop Category.
  • Fixed a bug where Forbidden Seal would occasionally grant more Talent Slots than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Saberclaws was not working.
  • Fixed a bug where Chemical Armor was granting more Health Regeneration (Stat) than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Staff of Idrassil would also apply its buff on summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Eye of Discord's AoE effect would not trigger for attacks against non-hero units.
  • Fixed a bug where Sanguine Gaze was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Spiked Chains was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Topaz Amulet was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Embrace of the Hawk's Equip effect was not working.

Archives

FEATURES
  • Diverse Heroes: The 21 heroes in Sunken City possess different custom skills which are well presented in detailed tooltips.
  • Backpack System: In case your inventory is full, you are given a backpack with additional 6 slots where you can carry quest items or unused items for selling.
  • Stat System: Each level you are given the possibility to access the Skill Poitns Menu and gain access to secondary stats (non-Strength, Agility, Intelligence).
  • Item Interaction Systems: Sunken City gives the option to Disenchant items for stats or to Reforge unused lesser items to create better ones.
  • Chest System: There are many Chests scattered around the Sunken City. Opening them rewards you with a random item!
  • Quests: Embark quests that give you side objectives throughout the game!
  • Challenges: Complete difficult optional challenges for additional rewards.
  • Shop System: A simple and intuitive shop system makes it easier for players to navigate and purchase some of the many Sunken City shop items.
  • Rolling: Sunken City allows you to roll for items that suit everyone. Therefore you can avoid stealing.
  • Damage and Armor: Sunken City's gameplay is based around damaging the best target. By mouse-overing your damage and armor you will easiliy understand what's your best target!
  • Gold System: Players in Sunken City share the Gold gained by killing creeps!
  • Randomized Items: Each creature you kill has a chance of dropping one of the hundreds of items, contained in a scripted loot-table. In addition bosses have multiple drops, which add to the replayability.
  • Glyph System: A system that allows your hero to pick a combination of various Glyphs which add passive effects to your hero.
  • Talent System: Each hero has unique set of Talents that can amplify, modify, add or replace the existing hero abilities.

SCREENSHOTS

TRAILER

HEROES

Intelligence HeroesStrength HeroesAgility Heroes

Shaman [1]
Druid [2]
Priest [3]
Mage [4]
Necromancer [5]
Warlock [6]
Witch Doctor [7]
Warrior [1]
Paladin [2]
Death Knight [3]
Monk [4]
Tidewarrior [5]
Dragon Sentinel [6]
Tinker [7]
Rogue [1]
Hunter [2]
Feral Druid [3]
Windmaster [4]
Berserker [5]
Demon Hunter [6]
Siren [7]

CREDITS

I would like to thank the following people:
Note:
There are many more resources that I used, but I can't find their creators. If you see your resource used in my map, please tell me and I will add you here.

Contents

Sunken City v2.5.0 (Map)

Reviews
Moderator: -Kobas- Contact: Visitor Message / Private Message! Date: 24-Dec-13 (14:27:40)Personal Comment:One of the most polished maps, of its type, that I had a chance to play. Beautiful terrain, nice story, well customized heroes and enemies...

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
And the Osiris guy close to the pen: I think I tried all options, but I still died from them all?
A bookshelf outside the Treasure Room (near the circle of Moon Stones) tells you the correct word. :p
Oh, and the item you get from combining 5 ingrediants: suramar wine, corrupted essence, kerrata mushroom and more? What does it do?
It's part of the Legendary Item. Go to the Vault, there is a quest giver there that can tell you more.
Also just wanna report an exploit I found
Yeah... I am yet to deal with it.
I did't get the elemental hammer when i kill the fireload
You get Mote of Fire which allows you to get the Element Forger.

SpasMaster

Level 23
1 please someome help me I'm stuck in Hajatza room I'm pick up the guardian keys and used in vault , but in Hajatza room there is one Ruined Gate , how can I opened ?
-Right above Oris, there is a locked Moonstone. Take control of Oris by telling him the correct keyword (I just explained how in my last post) and he will help you reach the Moonstone.
-Once you have the Moonstone, you have to use it on the Rocks in a circle where the Hajatza boss was in the correct order.
2 where can I find the kattara mushrooms?
Close to the Spirit of the King.

Level 1
Hey, I really enjoy this map and i have finished it about 3 times but I have not yet found a use for these items:

Lightning Rod
Threads of Endless Fire
Elemental Hammer
Darkspear Voodoo Charm
Necrotic Seal

Some hints about these items would be appreciated.

Level 3
Where can I find sigil of the deathlord ? and I can't find the scepter of Atal'ai in old tomb right beside of Anvil ,
In the end it's Amazing map !

Last edited:
Level 1
Where can I find sigil of the deathlord ? and I can't find the scepter of Atal'ai in old tomb right beside of Anvil ,
In the end it's Amazing map !
A good tool in general for finding the super hidden secret stuff in this game is using the insert and delete keys to rotate the camera to see things from a different angle

Level 1
I think I'm having a problem accessing an area in the western wing while playing solo. A massive ruined gate says it's kept closed by two nearby power circles, but when I put my two grunts on them nothing seems to happen? http://i.imgur.com/nGPPd6E.jpg Picture related. Am I missing something or is something broken?

Level 1
The primal guardian is not spawning spirit wolves every 6/5 attacks :/
So I tested it in a new game and it works but when I was playing as primal guardian his autoattacks werent summoning spirit wolves, something must have broken the trigger part way through the game

Level 4
I think I'm having a problem accessing an area in the western wing while playing solo. A massive ruined gate says it's kept closed by two nearby power circles, but when I put my two grunts on them nothing seems to happen? http://i.imgur.com/nGPPd6E.jpg Picture related. Am I missing something or is something broken?

I'm having this exact problem as well. Any solutions?

SpasMaster

Level 23
These Circles of Power need to be inspected.

Level 2
Sooo the royal rubies do not unlock the sulfuron ingot. I saw another guy realize the same. Where is that "secret lever" for the ingot then?

Also, where is this map for the feric scepter?

Level 2
Thank you SpasMaster. However, it just happened again - the map crashed with this "not enough memory"-message or smth like that. This is the 3rd game in a row now (different difficulties and heroes) that is ruined for me and it seems I will have to stop playing 2.3.5. without having completed any legendary items.
I hope 2.3.7 is less crashy :)
If not, I guess I will have to come back when I have a better computer.
You keep up the good work though!

Level 4
These Circles of Power need to be inspected.

Thanks, that was almost too simple, lol.

Can I get some tips on Threads of Endless Fire and Sigil of the Deathlord? I legitimately have no clue about those two.

I've found King's Blood and Scepter of the King if that helps, although I dunno what those are for if not for the threads and sigil. I've also found Nozdormu's Token, although I assume that is for something much grander. I'm also sorta curious about the four circles of power in the bottom middle of the map, as well as the tomb at the graveyard boss.

Level 4
I'm almost at the last boss yet i havent seen the darkspeartribe vodoo charm, any clues at to where is it? or is it a drop like the key for the master, also whats the use for the wine and naga sigil, awesome map btw :D

Level 1
I'm almost at the last boss yet i havent seen the darkspeartribe vodoo charm, any clues at to where is it? or is it a drop like the key for the master, also whats the use for the wine and naga sigil, awesome map btw :D
The troll village has a recipe for the voodoo charm, you need 5 hidden items to craft it

Level 1
Sadly me and my team can't reload savegames ever since the newest warcraft 3 patch. We are instantly disconnected from Bnet and can not reconnect to Bnet until we reboot our pc (which is super weird...?)

Level 7
Hello Spasmaster, i have downloaded and tested your newest version. And i must say that there are two things in your new version that are disappointing me a lot: Two of the most beautiful and ornate rooms/buildings ever made with the editor were removed from your map (Atalai's chamber and the demon lord's throne room (last boss) ). And these rooms were replaced by something that is not so great at all. Why have you done that? All other new things are nice but removing the best made places was just awful, because these two places were the absolute number one of all terrain and doodad constructions i have seen in a RPG map so far. And now they are just gone, that made me very sad because i am not sure if i still have an older version of Sunken City somewhere. I just hope that you will include the previous versions of these two places again.

Level 2
Me and my friends are stucked with the "twin corridor key", we believe that we have to obtain a "gear mechanism" but we can't find it.
look near the masters chamber with the 2 doors (east of the troll village), there should be something out of metal

Level 6
Some random thoughts:

1) Make some skills auto cast. In the beginning you need strategy, but when you have plenty of mana you just spam a lot of skills. The siren ability is a perfect example. 2 sec cooldown and I never run out of mana. Still I need to click it again and again...

2) Revive the grunt. Sometimes he just dies and it's annoying to progress in certain parts of the map without him. If the grunt dies, revive him. Call him " Injured Grunt". Make him useless in combat ( so you still penalize those who are not carefull)

Now that you can have a bigger map there are plenty of things you can add if needed without worrying so much

3) Add more masteries to the heroes. I like ranger but I don't care about pets, so the mastery stat is useless to me. If you could have 2-3 masteries (only 1 active) that problem would be solved

4)Each hero has a special item only he can get. Take this a step further. Something like an "artifact" for each hero. Make this upgradable in multiple ways so each person can choose the right one. This could be a really good gold sink. 3000 gold to buy, 4000 to lvl 2 and 5000 to lvl 3. That's a lot of gold and it won't be easy to get. It's very risky but it will reward good players.

5)STR/AGI/INT only shops items. Same theme. Make a shop that sells items only for certain groups of heroes or certain heroes. SO only AGI items, or only Hunter items.

There are very few items that give you stronger skills or are "tailor made" for a specific hero. This would give the same feeling as talents but with more investment, so you feel better when you finally get it.

6)Add a vault near the world tree. You could have a command on a backpack "sends S1 (first slot) item to the vault", or from the vault to a player. This would make the game a little faster and help organize all the items ready for upgrades. Add a worker( that can't leave the area) and it's even better. The idea is to make the game more fluid, so you don't spend too much time wondering about, you can spend it fighting. This would reduce game lenght by 10-30 minutes.

7)add a single player -test mode. at the very least give the chance to -repick or hire more heroes. I wanted to check out the map again and I spend waaay to much just restarting the game and looking at heroes(to find one I like). You could add infinite money,max level and so on, but you made it clear it's not something you want. The repicking however ( only in single player mode ) would be esentially the same as restarting the game, so no harm done.

8)Write on lesser items what you can used them for. The reverse of recipes

9)Last but not least. You said many times that you don't want to organize the item list. If I remember correctly you don't want to " force " people into buying certain items for certain heroes. You can keep every shop the same, only add one shop(or maybe more) that showcases the items. Maybe it gives you the chance to buy them at full price without clicking. For example, I wanted to buy a mastery item, I spend way to much time searching for them, and them I spend time finding out what's the best. An example:

Shop-
1)ON-hit effects
2)Orb-effects
3)On-kill effects
4)Getting hit effects
5)Life steal
6)Armor/reduce damage taken
7)Auras
8)Buffed summon
9)Mastery items

Etc.

No problem if some items go into multiple lists. This would make it much easier to find the item you need, and also let you chose whatever you want without feeling constrained...

10)add an online walk trough. Just played with a friend, had a lot of fun, but couldn't get past something. We ran around the map for 20 minutes but he got frustrated and we left the game. That is one player that won't be coming back sadly... I get that it's a part of the experience, but W3 has a really small community. If this where a big and popular game you could find all walk troughs,secrets etc online in a few seconds, so it wouldn't become frustrating.

Hope some of this helps. As always, the map is better with each version...and as always I had a lot of fun playing it!

EDIT:

Now my ideas are all over the place, I know... Some might be good, some might be not so good...but this one I am 100% sure it's a good one and fun :D. I am playing the tide-runner and I have a lot of DMG reduction. Give training dummies (or just one specic training dummy, maybe in the "base" ) a skill that deals 100 normal dmg and another skill that deals 100 magic damage in a very close AOE. You could just make it an immolation aura so it's easy, call it " burning training dummy". This way you know how much DMG your hero takes.

Last edited:
Level 6
Hi.

I just read the changelog and I need to ask a simple question to quench my curiosity.

You have buffed the monsters but nerfed everything else - items, heroes abilities and talents.

What was the reasoning behind this action? Game balance?

When I read the respawn hero timer buff, I thought to myself, he wants to make the games even shorter. And then I read all the nerfs, hence the confusion in me.

Cheers

SpasMaster

Level 23
Version 2.3.8 is released!

I have posted a Development Update which sheds light onto the two major features I will be working on soon. Check it out here.

You have buffed the monsters but nerfed everything else - items, heroes abilities and talents.
What was the reasoning behind this action? Game balance?
Yes. Ever since the new Damage Engine was added in 2.3.2, the heroes have been getting more and more very powerful effects, while the enemies stayed at the same place. I am tuning them up, because they simply fell off.

Level 6
@SpasMaster

I read the Update part and it sounds really nice - both talent/escape system and the Arena mode.

The Arena is already present with the troll quest in-game and it actually adds sense of new experience.

The solo players won't be that happy with this balance thing. Including myself... but anyway the fact is a fact and we need to adjust ourselves.

Good luck with all current and future projects.

SpasMaster

Level 23
The solo players won't be that happy with this balance thing. Including myself... but anyway the fact is a fact and we need to adjust ourselves.
You have to understand that this is a power adjustment.
Let's take some imaginary example numbers here:
Let's say that in version 2.3.1 all heroes had Power Level 5 and all enemies had Power Level 5, ok?

In 2.3.2 I implement new damage engine and create new effects thanks to it. From a pure mathematical standpoint, these new effects result in power spike for the heroes.
Heroes get to Power Level 6, enemies remain at 5.
In almost every following version after 2.3.2 I continue to experiment and find new features of the Damage Engine. You can see that now, in 2.3.8 I added Ability types and effects (such as Glyph of Magic Affinity) that boost them. It's a perfect example of an effect (% damage boost for abilities) that didn't exist before. All of a sudden all spellcasters are now mathematically stronger than before.
Until Hero Power Level gets to something like 8 while enemies are still at 5.

It's only natural that enemies should receive a buff on their side. But in reality it's an adjustment. They are catching up with us. And if I have to be fair, it's still not enough.
As someone who has observed how games play out for years, I can safely say, based on my observations that creeps are nowadays weaker than ever before and I will be looking at ways to balance it out, but I will take the singleplayer perspective into consideration.

EDIT: As a first step, I will soon be revisiting every single creep, because I will be reworking them all because of the Arena Mode and will be reducing the amount of Crowd Control in camps to ensure more enjoyable singleplayer experience.

Level 10
I'm stuck with the cursed keeper of the grove's mission. cleansing aszune's heart. i don't know what to do or where to go. And there are million locked gates with no keys to open them. Anyone help me??
I'm playing single player

Level 1
I noticed 2 bugs in the new version (2.3.8a) so far:
1. Instant healing of Renew doesn't always work. Did some testing, was spamming Renew on one target and it just sometimes triggers and sometimes it doesn't.
2. Scepter of the Moon can't be used. Nothing happens when you click on it.

Last edited:
Level 1
Hello !

First and foremost, I wanted to say I'm really impressed with the map. You can really tell the amount of work that went into it, Bravo !

But right now, I really need help^^ I'm stuck at The Massive Door right after you fight a sea elemental that splits into a bunch of small ones before going back to its original form. I'm ashamed to say so, but I cheated a bit and watched a YT playthrough where people would blow the door up with explosives. Well, I got some but I used them to get to the item that allows you to see and speak with ghosts( so far it has been useless to me, but maybe I will see its use in the future). My question is, what do I do with the door now that I've used up my explosives ? Is there another way to go through it ?

Edit : I just noticed that I managed to open the garden door with another key(don't remember which one though, just not the one found near Yggdrassil), was that intended or is this a bug ? When I found the gate key in the well near Yggdrassil, I went and used it near the already opened garden door to see what it would do and it just disappeared from my inventory.

Last edited:

SpasMaster

Level 23
Is there another way to go through it ?
There is.
There are 2 sets of explosives that are available to you.
1) Drops from Warlord Bul'thos, from the 3-boss fight.
2) Locked behind a rolling door near the Waterworks Dungeon Entrance. To open the rolling door you need a key. Read the Bookshelves in proximity to find that key.

Level 1
There is.
There are 2 sets of explosives that are available to you.
1) Drops from Warlord Bul'thos, from the 3-boss fight.
2) Locked behind a rolling door near the Waterworks Dungeon Entrance. To open the rolling door you need a key. Read the Bookshelves in proximity to find that key.

Thanks a lot, I will look into it ! I just edited my post to add another issue(?) I found though.

Level 1
If you used 2 keys to "open" a door twice, then you've used your second key and you are stuck. But being able to use a key on a door that is already open is a bug.

Apparently, the key in the well and the key for the rolling door can be swaped. I used the key intended for the garden on the rolling door and vice-versa. However, as I mentioned before, when, in a previous save, I used the key found in the well on the garden door(which was already open), I got a message saying it "opened" the gate as if it wasn't already open and the key disappeared from my inventory. So it indeed is a bug.

SpasMaster

Level 23
Apparently, the key in the well and the key for the rolling door can be swaped. I used the key intended for the garden on the rolling door and vice-versa.
That is intentional.
However, as I mentioned before, when, in a previous save, I used the key found in the well on the garden door(which was already open), I got a message saying it "opened" the gate as if it wasn't already open and the key disappeared from my inventory. So it indeed is a bug.
That is not intentional and will be noted as a bug.