1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Sunken City v2.4.4c

Submitted by SpasMaster
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.

• INFORMATION
    Sunken City is a Dungeon Crawler map with RPG elements. The Player controls a hero and has to over come numerous puzzles, traps, quests, enemies and different bosses to reach the end. The game contains multiple different features that allow for advanced hero customization.

Recommended Players: Soloing is possible, but for better experience play with 2 or 3 players.
    Gameplay Time: Between 3 and 6 hours depending on number of players and difficulty.
    Amount of Heroes: 21
    Maximum Level: 18

Easy Normal Hard Hell Insane
    Enemy Handicap
    100%
    120%
    145%
    175%
    215%
    Enemy Bonus Damage
    0%
    30%
    80%
    130%
    170%
    Enemy Bonus Armor
    Enemy Bonus Attack Speed
    0%
    15%
    25%
    35%
    40%
    Easy Normal Hard Hell Insane
    Bonus Gold per Kill
    Bonus XP
    0%
    0%
    1%
    3%
    6%
    Bonus Drop Chances
    0%
    10%
    15%
    20%
    30%
    Starting Gold

• CHANGELOG
    Latest Changelog

[​IMG]
    Version 2.4.4c [Hotfix] [03.10.2019]
    General Changes
    • Due to issues with the most recent patch, Oris is temporarily no longer required to progress.
    • Temple Guardians being required to progress is temporarily not the case.

[​IMG]
    Version 2.4.4b [Hotfix] [28.07.2018]
    General Changes
    • Fixed a bug where the Void Sphere could be used indefinetly.
    • Fixed a bug where Captain Drough was not giving correct amount of gold when killed.

Classes
    [​IMG] Warrior
    • Fixed a bug where the agility scaling of the Warhammer Talent had its effect working when you don't have the Talent.

[​IMG]
    Version 2.4.4a [Hotfix] [18.07.2018]
    General Changes
    • Fixed a bug where Talents could not be reset.
    • The Explorer challenge now states its proper rewards.

Classes
    [​IMG] Death Knight
    • The health of Ghouls summoned by Army of the Dead has been increased to 350/600/850/1100 up from 320/450/640/800.
    [​IMG] Siren
    • Fixed a bug where Aqua Shots was sometimes not dealing full damage.

[​IMG] Version 2.4.4. [18.07.2018]
    Come and play with us in our Discord server! Join here.

General Changes
    • Damage Reduction effects can no longer reduce damage taken below 10% of its original amount. Invulnerability, immunity and complete absorption effects are not affected by this change. This is now stated in the Armor tooltip.
    • Fixed a terrain gap which allowed nagas to swim into the Queen's Tomb Dungeon from the north.
    • Fixed a bug where the Revenants spawned by blue tile traps in the Queen's Tomb gave experience.
    • Finding all Secret Areas no longer incorrectly states that the reward includes lives.
    • The reward for finding all Secret Areas has been reduced to 5 All Stats and 500 Gold down from 10 All Stats and 700 Gold.
    • The Diana and Haris quest givers will no longer leave their position to fight enemies with you.
    • The Hide and Seer quest now rewards 250 experience.
    • The final boss cinematic should no longer start before all the guards are defeated.
    • Floating text for damage taken by the hero now uses a gray color and utilizes the (-) sign.

Classes
    [​IMG] Berserker
    • The attack damage scaling of Skull Split has been increased to 200% up from 150%.
    • Fixed a bug where the Mur'gul Slaves summoned by the Naga Whaler could not be Executed with Skull Split.
    [​IMG] Ice Lancer
    • Attacking already Frozen targets does not accumulate attacks for Cold Touch.
    • Fixed a bug where Drakkari Blessing was overwriting several hero self-buffs.
    [​IMG] Paladin
    • Movement speed increased from 270 to 290.
    • The Divine Hammer Talent now gives Blessed Hammer 6% chance to stun down from 7%.
    • The stun from the Divine Hammer Talent now lasts for 1 second down from 1,5 seconds.
    [​IMG] Priest
    • The proc chance of the Priest's Mastery has been reduced to 0,3% per point of Mastery down from 0,5%.
    [​IMG] Siren
    • The health of Sea Tentacles has been increased to 200/400/600/800 up from 200/300/400/500.
    • The damage increase per point of Intelligence granted to Sea Elementals by the Gift of Neptulon has been reduced to 0,3% down from 0,4%.
    • The Gift of Neptulon Talent now also includes a 0,1% damage increase per point of Agility.
    • The Aqua Shot Talent has been thematically reworked into a new Talent called Queen of the Sea. Actual effect remains the same.
    • The Reptillian Instinct Talent has been replaced with a new Talent: Aqua Shots.
    • The Tidal Shot buff now increases the damage of Liquid Arrows by 10%/15%/20%/25% down from 25%/30%/35%/40%.
    [​IMG] Tidewarrior
    • The Might of the Kraken Talent uses a new icon.
    [​IMG] Warrior
    • The tooltip of Warcry now states its proper duration.
    [​IMG] Witch Doctor
    • Plague Toad no longer provides vision.

Items
    [​IMG] Items

• Fixed a bug where Bloodreaver Scythe reduced the Primary Attribute of heroes.
    • Fixed the model size of Temple Tablet.
    • Fixed a bug where Dark Ranger's Longbow shot extra arrows even if only 1 target was present.
    • Fixed a bug where the Cloak of Revan item gave Shadow Crystals when sold.
    • Fixed a bug where the stat and effect values of Sigil of Al'ar did not reflect the changes from version 2.4.3.
    • The damage dealt by Sigil of Al'ar has been reduced to 50 with 200% Primary Attribute scaling down from 75 with 250% Primary Attribute scaling.
    • Vane's Fate recipe has come to its senses and now properly uses a scroll model instead of a chest.

Archives

• FEATURES
    • Diverse Heroes: The 21 heroes in Sunken City possess different custom skills which are well presented in detailed tooltips.
    • Backpack System: In case your inventory is full, you are given a backpack with additional 6 slots where you can carry quest items or unused items for selling.
    • Stat System: Each level you are given the possibility to access the Skill Poitns Menu and gain access to secondary stats (non-Strength, Agility, Intelligence).
    • Item Interaction Systems: Sunken City gives the option to Disenchant items for stats or to Reforge unused lesser items to create better ones.
    • Chest System: There are many Chests scattered around the Sunken City. Opening them rewards you with a random item!
    • Quests: Embark quests that give you side objectives throughout the game!
    • Challenges: Complete difficult optional challenges for additional rewards.
    • Shop System: A simple and intuitive shop system makes it easier for players to navigate and purchase some of the many Sunken City shop items.
    • Rolling: Sunken City allows you to roll for items that suit everyone. Therefore you can avoid stealing.
    • Damage and Armor: Sunken City's gameplay is based around damaging the best target. By mouse-overing your damage and armor you will easiliy understand what's your best target!
    • Gold System: Players in Sunken City share the Gold gained by killing creeps!
    • Randomized Items: Each creature you kill has a chance of dropping one of the hundreds of items, contained in a scripted loot-table. In addition bosses have multiple drops, which add to the replayability.
    • Glyph System: A system that allows your hero to pick a combination of various Glyphs which add passive effects to your hero.
    • Talent System: Each hero has unique set of Talents that can amplify, modify, add or replace the existing hero abilities.

• SCREENSHOTS

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• HEROES

Intelligence Heroes Strength Heroes Agility Heroes
    Shaman [1]
    Druid [2]
    Priest [3]
    Mage [4]
    Necromancer [5]
    Warlock [6]
    Witch Doctor [7]
    Warrior [1]
    Paladin [2]
    Death Knight [3]
    Monk [4]
    Tidewarrior [5]
    Dragon Sentinel [6]
    Tinker [7]
    Rogue [1]
    Hunter [2]
    Ice Lancer [3]
    Windmaster [4]
    Berserker [5]
    Demon Hunter [6]
    Siren [7]

• CREDITS

I would like to thank the following people:

Note:
    There are many more resources that I used, but I can't find their creators. If you see your resource used in my map, please tell me and I will add you here.

[​IMG]
Contents

Sunken City v2.4.4c (Map)

Reviews
Moderator: -Kobas- Contact: Visitor Message / Private Message! Date: 24-Dec-13 (14:27:40)Personal Comment:One of the most polished maps, of its type, that I had a chance to play. Beautiful terrain, nice story, well customized heroes and enemies....
  1. SpasMaster

SpasMaster

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    First of all, thanks for your review. It's AMAZING, such things make me feel good. Thanks.

Going on by your list.

1. I was unaware of the bug with Essence of Atal'ai. I will try to fix it.
    2. I think I know, why Zeroth is causing problems. It will be fixed.
    3. I know that there are some items in the game that award more bonuses than others but have lesser price. But I know that these items are only dropped by mobs and are not gamebreaking. The items in the shop on the other hand, I know they are all just as they have to be. Anyways I will take a look on some of those items with weird prices/stats.
    4. A hint will be added for the movement speed bonus. (Btw, huge movement speed could result in some bugs i found.)
    5. Yes, the Queen's Tiara along with some other few items cannot be sold. It's intentional.
    6. Usually there is also a ranged mob behind the barricades, so he will shoot at you too ;)
    7. The ending cinematic is a mess. It will be completely remade at some point. Sorry for that bug.
    8. That's a complicated one. Well, the idea of the boss is to give you that feeling that if you dont kill him (fast), you will be overwhelmed. The idea of a limit is good, cause I know lag scenarios are possible. I will look into that.

Moving on to suggestions.

1. I agree with you on that one, except this: More items? o_O. If this map is full with something excpet trees, it's the items man. I always add new, but the variety is always there. I also recieved the suggestion for dungeons multiple times. I can tell you only this: Soon. :p
    2. Sounds fair enough. Might aswell do it next version. :)
    3. This idea is great, but I am far from capable to do this. I might ask someone to do this, but don't expect it any time soon. :(
    4. I like that idea, but I fear it's impossible. Atleast for me :(
    5. I would love to add more riddles. Stay tuned with the changelog to see if new are added. :)

You did indeed provide nice info and I am thankfull. :)

About the things with the lights.... never noted it. Proubably a glitch. Nothing intended there.

2. colbantasi

colbantasi

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello everybody! I just started playing the version 7.6, but I have some problem: at Main Throne Room don't have anything, how can I pass the gate? it's say: "You should check the Main Throne Room behind you..."
    p/s: Sorry, I don't good at English >_<

3. SpasMaster

SpasMaster

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I've explained this multiple times. Please read the previous comments next time =)

You should accquire the Urn of Feron which is located infront of his tomb. There is a picture with the location in previous post.

4. colbantasi

colbantasi

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, I did it :) please tell me about legendary weapons, tips in game are difficult to understand. I only got the staff for intelligent classes

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  5. FurryRage

FurryRage

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi, great map, played it a few time and today my friends and I finally managed to get near the end
    Though, we stumbled upon a bug and we're blocked now :s

We used the urn of feron, killed the naga, got pass the big door with the 6 square buttons in front of it and after that, there's a lift and a small pool
    I got on the lift and since there was no lever, I moved away. Once I got out, the lift went up with no one on it, and we can't find any other way to press forward. Also, it won't come back down :(
    There's a rock blocking a small path just south of it, but the rock is invincible so we can't pass by here.

Also, our agi hero is ranger and we tried summoning her wolf on the lift, but it seems impossible since the lift is at a different height. But if you have any idea for a solution involving summoning the wolf behind a wall, we could try it (we have done it once by error and it seems we're able to reproduce it, we summoned it pass the right wall near the 6 squares, but there's nothing the wolf could do there, the only door can't be open by attacking.

Hopefully there'll be a way to bypass that, else, we'll have to play again and hope for you to correct that bug.

Thanks for a great map anyway, I consider it only second to the Kingdom of Kaliron, keep up the good job :)

6. karisan12

karisan12

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great map. Really love it.
    But there's something I notice:
    1.The golem boss (the boss where you can stand in the circle to control the golem) is very easy kill by range heroes.Just use 2 golem to block the way and watch him die.
    http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u218/Cooro_KAL/War3/3.png
    Also sometime the packbag active the circle
    http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u218/Cooro_KAL/War3/2.png
    2.The boss from the wisp's quest is easy kill by range heroes too, just go to the high wall behind her and shoot.
    http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u218/Cooro_KAL/War3/1.png
    3.when you have the item (forgot the name) has 7% add 1 to str/agi/int when cast spell. You can active the broken queen's tiara to has bonus stats.(bugs?)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  7. SpasMaster

SpasMaster

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    All will be fixed, thanks.

8. CoLd Bon3

CoLd Bon3

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Awesome map! I love all in it. The heroes, the terraining, everything! Especially the terraining. It's pretty damn cool! This map deserves Director's cut if you ask me... :p 5/5!

9. clinzin

clinzin

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very good map.

Started playing it 2-man, so far i love the difficulty (we chose hard). Its very challenging so far but not impossible, which is just the way it should be.

You actually are able to write good english unlike all other map authors.

Terrain's nice. You did the backpack system properly.

Nice spells and good item selection (tho im not a fan of recepies, why the hell do people make those things? theyre a pain in the ass)

All in all good job, one of the really few good maps ive seen these last few years lol.

10. SpasMaster

SpasMaster

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I am really glad you like the map. I will tell you why recipes. Let's say the shop doesn't have those items which are components of the recipes and give less stats. And you have those really cool items which cost tons of gold but have no recipe components. Here is what happens:
    1.)You get your first item really late into the game.
    2.)Until you get this item you suffer from mana/health/damage issues.
    3.)You loose the sense of progressing your hero.

With the recipes you buy not that cool items, which upgrade your hero slowly and in the end you get the same powerfull item. The only difference is that you don't buy it instantly for 2000 gold. but you buy 2 items for 500 gold and the recipe for 1000.

I know that it's kind of annoying to make them, but there you have a really nice shop system which is explained in a nice and easy way :)

11. clinzin

clinzin

Resources:
    Resources:

I didn't consider that, its a good point, however i'd still much rather stick with normal items. Using recipes you're killing off all the fun of the normal items. From the beginning of the game instead of looking for the right stat that you wanted, you instead have to look for components for an item you're going to get later on.

building each item is a pain as you will need to toss items around the backpack and on the ground to free several slots, especially when you already have your inventory filled with completed items.

though I dislike this method, at least they are an acceptable annoyance in rpgs... most people actually use this method even in hero maps where you have a strict time limit, and that's just ridiculous.

Could I suggest removing the system and setting the vendor sell rate to 90% - then make enemies drop non vendor items with a bad selling price to avoid getting instantly rich from a rare drop.

12. karisan12

karisan12

Resources:
    Resources:
    I note Ressurection Stones now has recall ability which is very nice but I can't recall myself. I tried on some NPC(the golbin near the end,the skeleton near the volcano,...) and it's worked. Is that a bug or some kind of hidden quest?

13. SpasMaster

SpasMaster

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's a feature that I wanted to do. Used this ability jast for a test but forgot to remove it. Don't worry, it's coming in v.7.8. along with the 2 new heroes.

14. Cosmas

Cosmas

Resources:
    Resources:
    I envy people who can make such a beutiful terrain, i can't :(.

I like low hp and high dmg, it's not boring to fight.

I usualy dont like description spam in ebilities and items but this map is not pvp, i played alne so i had time to read lol... GOOD WORK!

15. KingBiggie

KingBiggie

Resources:
    Resources:
    Short comment on the map after attempting it with 2 players on LAN running Windows 7 and the latest version of WC3:

- Terraining done very well
    - Fights well done
    - Gamespeed feels right
    - Permanent buffs are risky on weapons, try changing those to avoid farming

bugs:
    - Last boss area 3+, lever was broken, we could not open the door to get in or trigger the lift or whatever it was supposed to do (We continued to 6+ at level 5 which was painful but worked out with pulling)
    - Abomination boss level 6+ that spawns zombies: we whiped, after that the fight did not reset, instead it kept spawning zombies which we met an army of on the way back there, and kept spawning them forever, we couldnt' fight them all but the beserker had lifesteal, we gave him the permanent str/agi gain item while he locked the mobs in a small passage, slowly going to infinite str/agi... but that made the game get a critical error... all we wanted was to stop the source of the problem

Please fix these bugs and we might give this map another testrun, feel free to PM for more questions

16. SpasMaster

SpasMaster

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for your comment! I have some questions though.

Permanent buffs? What do you mean? >.>

I can't understand what boss are you talking about. Perhaps if you could provide the boss name or a screenshot? Or more detailed explanation..

I will look into it.

17. Udeis

Udeis

Resources:
    Resources:
    Excellent map--a lot of fun to play, really consumed my weekend. One point of concern or not)--I actually managed to solo the game as the troll strength hero w/out cheats of any kind. Between his massive health/health regen and really sweet ability to do damage based on his health, and damage anyone attacking him, I was off to a good start, but what really put it over the edge were the two items that gave a (2 and 7% respectively) possibility to boost his stats on hits and successful spell casts. Also, those shrines where you could boost your stats didn't hurt. Combing the soul of whatshisface (that reset ability timers) and the dragon summoning staff really paid off too. By the end of the game, I had close to 350 strength without items (my other stats weren't doing too bad either). It was slow going (a lot of back and forth between the respawn stones), but by the end, I mauled the final boss.

But this brings me to my reason for posting. I found nearly all the secrets, but I can't figure out for the life of me where the last few are or what to do with the master's chambers. I found in between 18 and 20 (of 21) secrets (I can't remember which), but I can't find the last few. I even turned off the fog of war after finishing the game to try and find them, but no dice. I think they must have something to do with the master's chamber, but its functioning completely eludes me (do i need to type a password into the chat? are there items i need?). I also can't figure out the purpose of the orc right below the first volcano (apart from the reference to the original orc campaign). If you could pm me with any tips, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Again, thanks a ton for a great map!

18. SpasMaster

SpasMaster

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I am really glad you liked it. Knowing that you soled it makes me feel kinda sad though. The sense of teamplay and co-op with your allies is one of the biggest strengths of the map. Anyways congrats on doing it. Must have been hard in the beginning. I have a few questions and responses to yours questions:

Q1: How many lives have you chosen at start?
    Q2: How did you pass the bridge all the way back at start?

The hero is pretty new in the map and is the first one to have his abilities cost health. You also chose a nice combination of items indeed. The stat increasing items made problems before too. I will look into it.

I am pretty sure that the Master's chambers have nothing to do with the 21 secret areas. But just saying: all secret areas are reachable. :)

About the Master's Chamber:
    1.The chamber actually is meant to be "my" chamber. ($M = $pasMaster; therefore Master's Chamber)
    2.One of the doors is opened by a password that only I know. It is not meant to be opened by others.
    3.The other door can be opened by anyone, but it is extremely hard to find the password. It's actually really easy, but the lack of hint or anything makes it hard. I wouldn't suggest trying to open it as it is more or less loss of time.

Good note with the reference. The Orc holds one of the 3 Artifact items in the game. Spoiler:
    The orc was a part of the map really long time ago. He was a unit that could use items. Pretty unique stuff. When I decided to remove him, I decided to leave a monument with him (Now skeleton though) and his item there. Again nothing to be bothered with. The item can't be acquired.

Thanks for your comment again!

19. Udeis

Udeis

Resources:
    Resources:
    It might sound sad, but I didnt really have anyone to play with this weekend. It was very tough and a lot of fun. I have a crazy schedule, and live halfway around the country from many of my friends, so its hard to schedule time to play with people, so I was very happy I managed to pull it off. If it was unsoloable, I probably would never get a chance to play it (at least not any time soon). I kept thinking I'd hit a wall, but those items I mentioned prevented that.

The beginning especially cost a lot of lives (i was being pretty reckless for a while), and I had to try out a few heroes before I found one that would work. Knowing it was intended as a co-op map, I went with the most lives available (30 maybe), and ended with about 5, and I did load a few times. I probably could have finished with more if I was more careful in the beginning.

I was very strategic in my character and items choice, boosting my health as much as possible so that one ability would do more damage, and focusing on regeneration so I could stay alive. He is a pretty awesome hero--great concept and execution!

Really, I think the balance was right on for the most part . My only thought was that if I was playing with someone else, the end might have been a bit easy as my character was able to handle it alone. Like I said before, it was mostly those two items that overpowered me. I got them both by about the time I finished the first of the twin hallways.

I got lucky with the bridge. One of my first kills got me healing wards, and I planted one on one of the buttons, then stood on the other, and it opened just fine.

hmm, I thought that might be the case. Its always fun to leave yourself easter eggs, but it was a bit vexing while I was playing (I kept going back to try different things). I have a guess about the other password (a particular item, a helmet perhaps, that may have a clue in it?). Regardless, do I just type the password into the chat console?

hmm, not hints for me then...I guess I'll just keep looking. Thanks again for a great map, I'm sure it took a lot of work! I'll have to play with some friends some time.

20. SpasMaster

SpasMaster

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The password is entered in the chat, yes. :)