• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Starcraft II Retail Version - RELEASED

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are pleased to announce that Starcraft 2 can now be bought from stores, and of course, installed. You are able to install it, just by inserting the DVD on your DVD drive, or, install it from your download, and wait until tomorow for the Digital Release to be allowed.

To prevent confusion, YES. YOU CAN PLAY.
Also, if you wish to purchase or add your game on Bnet, you can do it here.

Add it or purchase it (allowed after 10am, +1gmt time)

starcraft2_lg%20copy.jpg

But hell, that's not the only thing. Tomorow morning, our Starcraft II forums will be completely functioning!
Get to work peons... I meant SCVs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 5
Is there going to be Easter eggs units in StarCraft 2

will they have warcraft units in the galaxy editor?

Units should be in G-Editor:
Footman
Grunt
Archer
Ghoul

warcraft_3.jpg

The only thing I would do with that game is program it, because I'm out of the "game" phase, and 55 dollars is a huge waste when that's all I'd use it for.

2nd that statement

If a person program in editor they dont play the game; They are HELPING blizzard with their game for free and should not need to buy the game

Short said; The editor should be free to use for everyone

Tho Im a player when it comes to sc and sc2 so I have no excuse except:

55 BUCKS!?!?!?!? WTF

Then zerg and protoss campaign comes:
55 + 55 + 55 = 165 bucks?!

Is the editor pretty much the same as it is in the beta? If so then I don't know if I'm going to buy it or not. Warcraft III is still a better game, in my opinion.
Can't take a challenge? Sorry pops.
2nd that statement

If a person program in editor they dont play the game; They are HELPING blizzard with their game for free and should not need to buy the game

Short said; The editor should be free to use for everyone

Tho Im a player when it comes to sc and sc2 so I have no excuse except:

55 BUCKS!?!?!?!? WTF

Then zerg and protoss campaign comes:
55 + 55 + 55 = 165 bucks?!
Alright, you go make Blazzard, and make Storecraft, with the best graphics you have ever seen, awesome physics, and release a Price editor for free.

Can't take a challenge? Sorry pops.

Alright, you go make Blazzard, and make Storecraft, with the best graphics you have ever seen, awesome physics, and release a Price editor for free.

Didnt say I wasn't ready to pay anything, I can pay for the game, BUT NOT 55 BUCKS

I could pay 30-35 bucks, but 55 iz inzane

And sry, I dont have a birrion dorrar and a birrion workers

Level 11
Could you guys post up some screen shots of the editor, perhaps showing new features/units that weren't part of beta?

Edit: I don't suspect to get Starcraft II for a couple of days. Mine is comming in the mail I think. No Idea when it was shipped. Got it from Gamestop. Tomorrow/Wednesday I'm not home to play anyways (but have Iphone to view pix/youtube videos!)

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I have moved many threads to that... Map Development forum clone. I'm going to very angry if, by the time I recheck its pages this afternoon, I find two threads for the same project, which, yesterday, I did. People who created two threads better have them deleted by then.
Also, this forum will not support ideas or project recruitments. If you want to recruit a new crew, do it on the project thread.

Level 8
60$ only for the first part?! Hell no. I ain't buying this ever. Way too damn expensive. Ah... seems like I won't be able to use the stareditor :( How sad. Well WAR3 continues to have more than enough players, so yeah...

Just like StarCraft didn't have any gamers left after 9 years of WarCraft 3.

Wich countries are we talking about? Ooooooh, you meant Korea!!
Ok then ur right.. Were a bit laggy for me to play on korean servers, had a ping of 999, but was fun to just watch the screen of a freezed starcraft

Now lets get past the sarcasm; Starcraft had very few players 1-2 years after warcraft 3 and world of warcraft came along
VERY few that made it hard to find players and create custom games, 99% played melee

60$ only for the first part?! Hell no. I ain't buying this ever. Way too damn expensive. Ah... seems like I won't be able to use the stareditor :( How sad. Well WAR3 continues to have more than enough players, so yeah...

Chill mate, we can buy a used game on ebay cheap within 3-6 months, til winter short said and that's when we need it, to get past the winter! :)

TKF

TKF

Level 19
Im not buying this :p
Never liked Starcraft, and i never will.
There is still nearly 80k players on TFT everyday
:)
Well that's good for those who still plays wc3 I'm also going to play it once in a while.

But there is 10 times more on SC2 now. Also I fled from wc3 now. I don't think blizzard was prepared for this player masses trying to login. Also it takes toll on wow servers and wow players REALLY HATE THIS!!!

SC2 sucking some power of the wow servers isn't making hardcore wow players happy.

Well that's good for those who still plays wc3 I'm also going to play it once in a while.

But there is 10 times more on SC2 now. Also I fled from wc3 now. I don't think blizzard was prepared for this player masses trying to login. Also it takes toll on wow servers and wow players REALLY HATE THIS!!!

SC2 sucking some power of the wow servers isn't making hardcore wow players happy.

That makes me want to play SC2 even more, I love to see butthurt wow players! >:D

Level 8
lol what's the problem with 60 euros???
They spent 100 million dollars and 10 years to make it and for such a good game, you won't be spending that much money?
Also it's the first of its release and the price will be reduced after 1-2 years.

Well maybe because 60 euros is 1/4 of the average salary in my country. And that's only the first part. We will have to buy the other two separately which means even more money. There is no place where I can pull this much money from, since I am still going to school. But even if I had, this is a shitload of money for a GAME.

EDIT: I waited only one year for it.

Level 35
Fuck that shit, I'm waiting a few years. Maybe I'll even have a computer that can run it at that time.

All this "OMG ASS SEE TWO IS RELEEEHZD" is going to cause mass panic again, making it impossible to play the game for a few weeks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.